Sculptured Gardens Alive

California: Contractors
12/31/2021

643 LANGUID LN

Simi Valley, CA 93065

In business since 1986 we have been creating custom landscapes tailored to each customer's needs and lifestyle. With special emphasis on climate appropriate gardens we have made vibrant plantings the focal point of our work. As a family owned and driven landscape company we keep our standards high in everything we do . We especially take pride in the close communication we maintain with our clients during the work and long after completion. A personally operated, tightly coordinated landscape company with four employees. We are licensed California contractors: C27-868753....

lawn & landscaping (72)irrigation system (34)hardscaping (19)tree service (15)lawn care (14)stone & gravel (11)plumbers (8)lighting (8)masonry (7)drain pipe installation (6)mulch delivering (6)concrete repair (6)

02/19/2021

Dan's team did a wonderful job with our landscaping. He continues to check in with us to ensure we are happy and the plants are thriving. He was always on time and his crew did an amazing job. Everything was done exactly to budget and the time frame he set. Thanks Dan!!

Description of Work
Planting / Design

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lighting,mulch,tree service

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

01/01/2021

We recently decided to redo the landscaping surrounding our front courtyard. After checking out a number of companies we decided on Sculptured Gardens Alive. Dan and Francisco responded quickly to our request with a visit and subsequent formal proposal which we accepted. The work was done in a day the results of which were excellent. A one year warranty as to the life of the plants was given and w...

Description of Work
Re landscape area surrounding front courtyard

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

10/27/2020

Dan and Cesar's team were amazing to work with. They were very communicative and kept me informed/educated throughout the process. They gave advice I appreciated when I added changes and scope of work to the project. Cannot say enough good things about Dan and Cesar's team and would absolutely love to work with Dan and Cesar in the future again.

Description of Work
Retaining wall needed to be replaced, Trees trimmed/removed, new irrigation, old palnts/weeds removed and replaced with new plants

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,masonry,pavers, gravel,tree service,hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/12/2020

07/11/2020

Dan and his crew were awesome. The design is great, it literally stops cars in our neighborhood (people asking who did the work). What's more is that the work was done quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend Dan and his crew. One side note, we have dogs and Dan and his crew were very conscientious about keeping them in the yard. That means a ton to me.

Description of Work
Design and Landscape Front Yard

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

01/04/2020

Responded extremely quickly and was professional throughout. The follow through and communication was excellent. the project was handled within days of the request which was awesome as they were considerate of our time constraints.

Description of Work
clean up the back and level the dirt, about 900sq feet or more total

10/16/2019

The crew did an excellent job. They were professional and left my yard in excellent condition. They are not necessarily the cheapest crew, but I have had those over the years. You get what you pay for, I would hire them again in an instant.

Description of Work
Extensive clearing of grounds plus trimming of bushes and greens

Category landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

09/28/2019

Over probably a couple of months Dan, the owner, and his crew took our front & back yards back to bare dirt and then forward to beautiful, drought-tolerant areas. At all times Dan was responsive and helpful and that is continuing even now, nearly a year on. I thoroughly recommend Sculptured Gardens.

Description of Work
Complete rework of front & back yards

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

04/19/2018

First review I ever have written but Dan and his crew deserve the praise. He turned out garden into a mini Garden of Eden. We have color year round and our water bill has been decimated. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!

Description of Work
replaced grass with drought tolerant landscaping

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

01/14/2018

From the start to the finish Dan was always available or on site to be sure everything was done to our satisfaction. We got a beautiful backyard and new decking around our pool. He had wonderful ideas that were well within our budget and we didn't have to lose all of our existing plants. He worked around everything that he could to create a new and beautiful backyard for us.I would recommend Day T...

Description of Work
Full remodel of backyard and new patio around our pool

Category decks,electrician,landscaping,mulch,tree service,drain pipe,hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

12/07/2017

Dan promptly called me back and assured me that he does this kind of work all the time. He told me that wouldn’t personally be available for my job as he was on another site. He told me that one of his guys Francisco would be there to take care of it. He showed up on time and did a wonderful job👍👍👍

Description of Work
Our dog chewed up the valves that controlled the sprinklers which caused a leak.

Category irrigation systems

Landscape design, water thrifty gardens, stone, rock & decorative pebble dry gardens, renovations & upgrades to sprinkler systems, Courtyards, patios, entries, atriums, balconies & potted plantings, landscape lighting, seasonal garden cutbacks, landscape tune-ups, fertilizing routines, color plantings

Weekly Lawn service.