MCLM Landscape Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2005

801 E Easy St

Simi Valley, CA 93065

One simple phone call will take care of all of your landscape needs. We have been providing landscape services for over 33 years. We provide quality and service you can depend on. CUSTOMERS first, maintaining a positive ATTITUDE, treating everyone and everything with RESPECT, and all the while

02/17/2020

harvey Y.

It went very well. They showed up when they said they would and they took less time than I thought they would. They left the place clean and honored the quote. The men who were there were very nice and the owner did extra work at no charge as well.

Description of Work
Landscaping. They put in lights and they put in sprinklers. Also potted some flowers and bushes.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. It was a pleasure working with you. Regards, Brooke Bateman

01/23/2020

Dr. Douglas V.

They did a spectacular service, they knew their job very well.

Description of Work
They re landscape my entire 3 1/2 hectares. They build beautiful rock walls, took out the old walk ways and install a new one.

01/22/2020

Judy A.

They were wonderful people some of the design I have but they do their own design and now they have to wait until I approve it and it looks very beautiful.

Description of Work
Lawn & Yard Work and maintenance

Category lawn service

01/22/2020

Bridget K.

They were excellent, awesome workers they get the job done, quick, efficient and clean.

Description of Work
LANDSCAPING

01/18/2020

Paul W.

They were wonderful. I asked them to help me with the ideas, gave me suggestions and it was terrific. They were courteous and work hard everyday, and I appreciate it. They talk to me regularly and what we ended up with was much better and the work was beautiful.

Description of Work
They installed bunch of hardscape. Fire pit, barbecue area, rearrange gates and wall, additional fire feature, replaced my concrete , replaced my landscape lighting. I continue to use them for my landscape maintenance in a weekly basis.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

12/11/2016

Joel F.

Very happy with the job performed by MCLM. The yard looks great. The team was very professional and delivered on everything as agreed. They know their stuff. I had many questions about types of trees, shrubs, etc. They had a lot of knowledge about what is what - along with recommendations - and that helped very much. We had one issue with the pavers during installation (due to miscommunication), so they ripped up some of what was already installed and resolved it right away without any argument. I was so pleased with this approach to customer service. I should also note, we had many changes in design before the project began, so there were a lot of updates to the proposal. MCLM was very patient and very helpful through this process. I chose MCLM for two reasons. First, they were "A" rated on Angie's list. Second, the lead guy who came out to see us and price the quote, Israel, is outstanding. I found this guy to be extremely knowledgeable and very likable. I hope to work with Israel again, he is one of the rare few contractors who I could say that about. I highly recommend MLCM, and I expect I will be using them again in the future as well. Our yard looks amazing. I added a couple of pics, however, please don't judge by these as they were taken only at night (this was just finished yesterday).

Description of Work
Newly constructed house. Starting point - only dirt. Installed pavers, installed trees, installed sod, planted shrubs, installed irrigation system, lighting, mesh cover over side yard gates.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

01/06/2016

Nancy R.

09/04/2015

Judy M.

Great job! Christian called pretty quickly after I got the info from this list and called him. He came out very quickly. We had thought of doing the drain just by the house, but then showed him the rest of the backyard. He suggested doing the drain in front of the patio area. We agreed, because we have seen that water seems to flow toward the house there, also. Christian gave us a quote that our handyman said was very fair. We weren't in a rush, so he said he would fit us in when the summer work slowed down. He called about 2 weeks later and said they would be doing the job in the coming week. The crew came by the day before; I think to check out the job. Early the next morning, the crew was hard at work. We were pleased when we saw one guy using a leveler to make sure the irrigation ditch was level so it wouldn't back up. They put drains all up and down the drainage pipe area, and there's a pop up drain that lets water drain away from the property in front. They put drains under the patio downspouts, too. They ran a test run, and everything seemed to work as planned. The crew worked quickly and we're done in about 2 hours. Christian came by to explain how it worked. We discussed the possible cost of taking out a palm tree that is growing through a fence. Cost was $1540

Description of Work
They made an irrigation ditch near our patio and by the side of the house, to keep the expected El Niño rains from flooding our house

Category fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, drain pipe

09/15/2014

Landon C.

It went great. The team was on time, friendly, and less expensive than other quotes.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced stamped concrete for pool repair.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, pool cleaners, stamped concrete

09/04/2014

Genevieve R.

The crew run by Roberto were fantastic. They followed the plant and design (done elsewhere) to the letter. Fabulous result. The owner, Brooke, is on-sight daily and was always responsive to texts / messages. Highly recommend their service! The job was started on time and finished on time. Any changes were negotiated and documented up front with no surprises at the end.

Description of Work
Installed a complete backyard including new sprinklers, flagstone pathways, gas line, sprinkler controller, landscape lights and fountain install.

04/30/2014

Deborah K.

From ripping out our cracked patio, ugly pool, to reconstructing a much larger stamped concrete patio, beautiful waterfall cascading into my pool, stacked stone raised bond beam, stone coping around pool, this company changed a so so backyard into a beautiful tropical paradise! The workers were always on time, showed up everyday and worked with great integrity listening to us as owners. I would recommend this company in a heart beat!!! Give them a call, you won't be sorry!

Description of Work
Beautiful Backyard and pool remodel.

Category fountains

11/24/2013

Bianca S.

Brooke and his team were very professional, prompt, and completed the work within the timeframe we were told. The project manager was always available which was great since we work and most of our communication happened after hours. They had patience with us when we had trouble communicating our vision and got us where we wanted to be. We did not know a lot about plants but they were very experienced and kept emailing us wonderful suggestions. We had some random big rocks around our pool that we asked to have removed but the team wisely repurposed the rocks decoratively into other parts of the landscaping plan that turned out awesome and we would have never thought to do so. We did have other companies bid on the project and MCLM was competitively priced. We only gave a B rating for price because this was the first big homeowner project that we ever did and we didn't ask all the right questions when we were getting our estimate so there were some things that we assumed were included in the estimate that weren't and in hindsight we wish we were made aware of those added costs. That being said, MCLM helped us be creative in how we could work with our budget allocation so we still stayed within a reasonable range for what we wanted to spend

Description of Work
Practically a 360 landscape project. Front yard: redid the driveway, walkway and patio in stamped concrete. New lawn, new sprinklers and replaced plants. Side walkway to the backyard in stamped concrete. Back yard: redid all the pool decking, reconfigured the steps around the pool, redid the electrical and plumbing to the pool including fixing the drain system from the backyard to the front and moving some pool valves, resurfaced the pool, replaced the light in the pool, cleaned up the back hill, new sprinklers and replanted.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, pool cleaners, stamped concrete

07/11/2013

Ira S.

The provider worked efficiently and quickly. He provided the services and work that he said he would provide. We found him to be professional, responsive, and had an easy time communicating with him.

Description of Work
Replaced old worn landscaping with newly designed landscaping in front of our home and in the backyard

Category landscaping

It was a pleasure working with you. thank you for the business, referrals, and kind words. I am very pleased with how your yard turned out.

06/25/2013

Terri G.

After an exhausting search for a good landscape company, a friend recommended Malibu Canyon Landscape to completely redo and give a new look and life to our front and back yard. Not only did MCLM give a new look and feel to our yard, but they made our home beautiful. Brooke and his team of designers were phenomenal and went out of their way to ensure that our project was completed on time. Extremely knowledgeable, pleasant and allowed me the opportunity to give my input on the project and they provided the best solution to my inquiries. MCLM obtained all the required permits from the city to install that beautiful BBQ/fireplace in my back patio. Our driveway was a paved area and I wanted to have a wet looking driveway and after the job was completed it just looks awesome. They removed all the old grass, installed new sod, installed a new and state of the art irrigation system that allows the grass and plants to get the right amount of water at all times. Installed a garden bench wall to go with my built in BBQ/fireplace area. My yard looked dilapidated and messy, but thanks to MCLM it looks great and lively, the workers were awesome, polite and with uniforms and left the job clean each day. We even added a nice and cozy dog run for Artis our dog, and he loves it!!! Now that the project is complete I needed someone to maintain it. MCLM gave me fair price for the maintenance of my yard. It is nice to have the company that installed my yard also maintain it. That gives me peace of mind. So far MCLM is doing an awesome job maintaining the yard as well . Thank you MCLM for your hard work and dedication to this project. Without you it wouldn't have been possible. I will definitely recommend MCLM to friends and colleagues for any of their projects and maintenance.

Description of Work
Complete front and backyard work. Driveway, dog run, new lawn, lights, plants and trees, complete new irrigation system, pond, back patio.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, pavers, gravel, tree service, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, stamped concrete

[member name removed], we sincerely appreciate your kind words. We look forward to working with you on your future projects.

06/21/2013

PAM S.

There is clearly a lack of communication between the tenant, landlord, and MCLM. As an owner 3,000 miles away, I have to rely upon the assessment of the person living in the house and have been receiving several comments and complaints about the level of service. I understand drip systems need maintenance; however I feel like we need much more maintenance than when we lived there--just my perception. Again, I'm not there to supervise anything. So I do apologize for the tone of the review an hope we now have an understanding of all sides.

Description of Work
Provides lawn and landscape care for my rental home since 2008.

Category landscaping, lawn service

We maintian this property for an out of state owner. We noticed some problems with the irrigation system and alerted the tenant. The tenant gave us permission to send out an irrigation specialist to repair the problems and inspect the system. We replaced 2 sprinkler heads, a broken riser, and 5 drip heads with stakes. A two man crew spent an hour repairing the irrigation system for $105. We feel that this is a very reasonable charge to keep your rental property watering properly so that you dont loose valuable landscape. The problem in being an absentee owner is relying on the communication between the tenant and the service provider. We did not break your sprinklers. We apologize that you did not like the charge to repair them, but you could have opted to have your tenant perform the work or you could have told your tenant not to authorize the repair. Perhaps you should speak directly with the service provider next time.

06/05/2013

Victor D.

Our hillside was in need of some heroic efforts to get it back to a presentable state. MCLM was on time for their appointment, evaluated the work to be done, provided a through description of the estimate and offered some advise to keep the yards looking great all year long. Brooke Bateman and company showed up on time and in force, ready to get the job done ahead of schedule. What at first seemed impossible to accomplish in a week required only 4 days following the 2 week period to kill off the existing weeds on the hillside. The professionalism exhibited by the entire MCLM staff was outstanding. Truly a job well done. You get what you pay for with MCLM and when the job was completed Brooke personally came by to answer any questions and insure that we were satisfied with the work performed. In a period where so many companies say they perform a service MCLM goes beyond the scope of regular service and forms a relationship with the customer. I highly recommend MCLM to anyone looking for Landscaping, Hardscaping, and exterior upgrades or maintenance.

Description of Work
Abated (Weeded) our entire hillside, applied granular pre emergent, repaired irrigation and lighting, planted new plants and fertilized, installed artificial turf.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, rototilling, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

05/15/2013

Linda L.

MCLM Landscape Inc was good. I got what I paid for and they were quick and clean.

Description of Work
I used MCLM Landscape Inc to pour some area of my front yard.

Category concrete driveways

02/06/2012

Jonathan F.

MCLM failed to remove existing nutsedge infestation which grew through our new sod and was spread during the ground preparation. We are still fighting this weed two years later despite having MCLM spray on several occasions. One of two 24" box trees planted in lawn area is nearly dead two years later, likely due to overwatering because of the placement of the sprinklers in the lawn. MCLM failed to properly account for the trees in the irrigation system. Other portions of the irrigation system were not well-planned and there is significant overspray onto existing gazebo structure and concrete deck. Concrete sealer applied was the wrong type which ruined the finish of our concrete leaving a gummy appearance and uneven color and texture. Portions of the sealer were applied with a brush and it was significantly thicker and showed obvious (uneven) lines. MCLM failed to powerwash the concrete (which they said they would do) before the sealer installation which left existing dirt stains and hose marks permanently visible under the sealer. We explained to MCLM that the concrete sealer was slippery and unsafe rendering the pool coping grip texture useless in addition to ruining the aesthetic appearance of the concrete. They agreed to powerwash the concrete to remove what they could of the sealer. Unfortunately this left the concrete permanently blotchy and uneven in finish in addition to removed sealer sprayed all over the wall and yard. Portions of the sealer were unable to be removed and are still visible today. MCLM forced us to pay for the full amount of the sealer installation despite their error and were rude and unwilling to admit to their error in using a glossy sealer when they should have used a penetrating matte-finish sealer for this type of work. In general, our impression of the MCLM salesperson was that he was inexperienced for the type of work being performed and promised services that would not be performed in the normal course of the type of work being done. The owners of MCLM we spoke with after the sealer debacle were unhelpful and unwilling to acknowledge their error in a manner we felt was appropriate. The quality of the work done in general was subpar. We would not consider doing business with them again, and would not recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Sod installation (3800 sqft) 30 yards of pea gravel in planters Planter borders Irrigation system for lawn including new valves and sprinklers Two trees planted in lawn area Pruning of existing trees Demolition and remove of existing concrete decking installed by a previous contractor Pouring of replacement concrete decking and mastic Sealing of concrete deck and pool coping Stepping stones installation in lawn Cutting of existing concrete pieces for pool walk-on lid

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service

I have checked our records and have been unable to find a (this member)as one of our past clients. Are you sure this rating belongs to MCLM?

02/14/2011

PAM S.

I am very happy with them. They come once a month. I like them very much. They are very responsive and they speak English.

Description of Work
I use them for lawn care. They take care of my entire yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

05/05/2010

Linda L.

Overall, it was very good. it was done in one day. I think them to be a teeny bit expensive, but looking at the grass now, 5 months later, probably worth it.

Description of Work
I asked them to come out and demo an area in my yard and lay sod and adjust sprinklers for the grass.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

03/16/2009

martha B.

I was not pleased with their communication and follow through, so we did not finish the job. They didn't do what they said they would do, and the person I worked with I think was inexperienced and didn't do a very good job. I was not satisfied with the work that was done.

Description of Work
They did landscaping for me. They were going to do some concrete, but they never got to the work.

Category landscaping

THIS JOB WAS DONE OVER A YEAR AGO. WE LANDSCAPED A SMALL SLOPE IN THE FRONT YARD. THE CUSTOMER CHOSE A GROUNDCOVER AND WE PERFORMED A QUALITY INSTALLATION. SEVERAL MONTHS LATER, THE CUSTOMER CALLED US COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WEEDS. WE MET WITH HER AND DISCOVERED THAT SHE HAD NOT HIRED A GARDENER AND THAT SHE DID NOT LIKE THE GROUNDCOVER THAT SHE HAD CHOSEN. WE AGREED TO CLEAN UP THE SLOPE AND PLANT A DIFFERENT GROUNDCOVER. THE CUSTOMER AGREED TO HIRE A GARDENER TO CARE FOR THE SLOPE. WE EXPLAINED TO THE CUSTOMER THAT WITHOUT A GARDENER TO MAINTAIN THE SLOPE, THE WEEDS WOULD TAKE OVER. THE CUSTOMER SEEMED HAPPY THAT WE ALLOWED HER TO PLANT A DIFFERENT GROUNDCOVER AND PROMISED TO HIRE A GARDENER. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SHE IS GIVING US A BAD REPORT FROM WORK THAT WAS DONE OVER A YEAR AGO. WE STAND BEHIND OUR WORK AND WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO COME BACK OUT AND HELP HER WITH HER LANDSCAPE NEEDS. THIS WAS A VERY SIMPLE JOB. THE KEY ELEMENT WITH THIS JOB WAS TO HIRE A QUALIFIED GARDENER--SOMETHING THAT THE CUSTOMER DID NOT DO. HER DISAPPOINTMENT COMES FROM LACK OF MAINTENANCE, NOT A POOR INSTALLATION.

11/02/2008

STEPHEN H.

MCLM were very prompt in returning calls and emails. The work was excellent quality. The work crew showed up on time, were professional and cleared up promptly. The finished product looked outstanding. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
We had 2 large trees and their stumps removed and 5 very large Queen Palms installed (required a crane) along with two smaller palms.

12/06/2006

SAM L.

Worth every penny!! This project came out PERFECTLY due in large part to the guidance of the Malibu team. Lee Talbert was wonderful in planning project. Made great efforts to understand my vision and wishes but also made suggestions respectfully. Vincent was great in overseeing project. Attentive and communicated well. Dave's hardscaping expertise was unparalleled. Patiently willing to explain all options for hardscaping and help weigh all considerations. Gave great recommendation for pilaster placement and stamped concrete design. Israel was involved with softscaping. Very attentive and responsive. Stood by his work even making corrections promptly after project completed.

Description of Work
Project was to landscape front and side yards. Installed 885 square feet of concrete for front entry and steps, front courtyard and side yard patios. Finish included bull nose steps with sand washed bands. 5 linear feet of 18'' tall garden wall with ledgestone on faces and bull-nose concrete cap. 2 ledgestone light pilasters 24''x24''24 tall with bull-nose concrete caps. Install light fixtures. Install 35 linear feet of slumpstone garden walls along north and south side yards tapering to 36'' tall. Add 2 new automatic irrigation lines using Toro irrigation heads with brass valves and schedule 40 PVC. 50 linear feet of blackjack lawn edging. install 600 watt transformer with timer to control light on pilasters and install 8 spot or tulip low volt fixtures. Install 24'' Dwarf Magnolia, 15x5 gallon shrubs, 50x1 gallon shrubs and 10 flats of ground cover. Install simple wrought iron gate with arched top and fencing to enclose side yard.

Category concrete repair, irrigation systems, hardscaping

12/06/2006

SAM L.

Description of Work

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems

06/08/2005

GARY C.

IN GENERAL, THE SERVICE IS REGULAR AND REASONABLY WELL PERFORMED. THEY DO NOT BRING THEIR OWN BAGS, SO THEY FILL UP OUR TRASH CANS EACH WEEK WITH LAWN AND TREE CLIPPINGS, WHICH IS INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE PROMPT RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES, AND POLITE AT WORK.

Description of Work
WEEKLY LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICE WHICH INCLUDES LEAF BLOWING, TREE TRIMMING, SHRUB TRIMMING AND YARD MAINTENANCE.

Category lawn service

IN AN EFFORT TO DO OUR PART WITH RECYCLING WE ONLY USE PLASTIC BAGS WHEN A GREEN WASTE RECYCLE BIN IS NOT AVAILABLE.