August Roofing & Solar Inc

California: Contractors
10/31/2022

650 Cochran St #8

Simi Valley, CA 93065

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

At August Roofing, customers will find a team of dedicated and highly skilled Simi Valley roofers that bring decades of experience to their projects. This company has been providing top-quality care to homes and businesses throughout both Ventura and Los Angeles Counties since 1991, and you can rest assured that their track record for successful projects and happy clients speaks for itself. In addition to roofing services such as re-roofing, roof replacements, inspections, and annual maintenance, they also service and install gutter systems and even solar energy systems. Their comprehensive services and commitment to offering the highest standards of professionalism mean that you can enjoy total peace of mind from the very beginning. Call now to schedule your free estimate....

roofing (85)solar companies (3)skylight installation (1)

07/24/2021

Laura M.

I had a very difficult project. My roof has a very steep pitch, multiple planes and is difficult to access. August roofing was extremely professional and met the challenge. My new roof looks great and the company was very responsive to my needs. Every morning the crew was on time and I really appreciate the managers on the project as well. I intend to recommend this company to my friends for future projects.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

02/01/2019

JOE S.

This is a follow up to my 2016 review for August Roofing. The roof to our 12 unit condo complex was redone in 2016 by August, which installed a new silicone roof coating. Since then, we've had a few leak issues or where the coating peeled away, but August was always responsive. In particular, Javier Carillo was our contact person and was always very professional, knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and really tried to address our problems, even when he and I figured out that one of our leaks was due to a faulty air conditioning installation, not a roofing issue.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

07/23/2018

Vincent W.

The crew, (Edgar, Henry and Santos under the direction of Javier), were remarkably accommodating and helpful. My wife and I needed to work in close coordination with them as we were completing the interior components of the skylight install as well as taking the opportunity to install some additional electrical runs while the roof decking was being replaced. Their framing and roof repair is exceptional. These guys were fantastic to work with. Javier and Edgar (crew Foreman) worked carefully with us to schedule each step of their process so as to best facilitate our needs and objectives.

Description of Work
Re-roofing, fascia replacing, and skylight framing and install.

Category roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

Review for August Roofing & Solar Inc - 650 Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA - 37262666

04/28/2018

Sharon L.

August Roofing was great! They responded promptly and courteously to our calls, showed up on time, answered our questions, and offered what seemed like a fair deal. (We gave a "B" for price because it was an expensive job, though we think the price was fair for the service we received.) They worked their hearts out on top of our house during a heat wave (114 degrees at one point!), carefully removing and replacing our solar array in order to complete the job. Though it was a super messy job, they left our yard cleaner than they'd found it. All the guys were extremely professional, and just really nice. We now have a beautiful new roof. We would recommend August Roofing in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We needed a completely new roof, which included removing and replacing solar panels.

Category roofing,solar panels

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

04/19/2018

Victor M.

August were very professional in their estimate and description of the problem and how they will solve it. The job was done well but rain season is over so I won't able to judge completely till next one. Only issue is scheduling.

Description of Work
Leaking roof and tile repair

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

03/30/2018

Linda L.

August Roofing did a wonderful job on the roof. They only had 2 days to complete the job before that big rainstorm we had a few weeks ago and they arose to the challenge. Finished a 1500+ sq. ft. roof including tear off in 2 days including clean up. These guys work nonstop and did a wonderful job. I would certainly recommend them.

Description of Work
Re-roof project

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

02/11/2018

susan C.

August Roofing sent Daniel to meet with me to assess where the areas may be that were causing the leaks. Daniel took his time and really evaluated my entire roof to find where he felt the leaks were occurring. He even looked into my drop ceiling to find traces of a leak. Once he gave me the proposal, the workers who did the job were prompt, efficient and left no mess. I had to wait three months after the work to see if the leaks had been corrected as it was summer and we had no rain. After the first rain we found that the roof was totally fixed but we had a leak around a sky light. I called August Roofing to come back down to address this. They were back out within a week and patched around the sky light as needed. Although I will have to wait for the next rain to see if the patching worked, I have full confidence that if there is any leaking August Roofing will make it right. Everyone at this company, from the person who answers the phone, to the workers that do the job, are pleasant and professional. As a building owner, I am thrilled to have a great roofing company when needed. I had two other bids, one of which wanted to sell me a whole new roof and the other much higher in price for a patching but they were not sure where leak was coming from. Really glad I chose August Roofing!!!!

Description of Work
Had to locate and repair leaks on the roof of my commercial building.

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

11/20/2017

Susan C.

It went very smoothly. Took about a week.

Description of Work
New roof. Took off Old roof and hauled away. Put on Cool Roof.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

08/29/2017

Barclay T.

John said that on my first bid a year ago he forgot to check the thickness of the roof decking and that it would probably have to be replaced because it was too thin and not compliant with code. This would add on $4K to the $12K bid he had previously made. He said the inspector would make the determination after I was under contract with them and the shingles had been removed. I said I wanted the City of Oxnard to inspect the house before the contract was signed, so I wasn't being held over a barrel. So on 8-29-17 Jose Cruz the Oxnard City Building Inspection Supervisor said that he was surprised that John (August Roofing) would mention deck thickness because our house would be grandfathered in since it had passed inspection in the past and it's roof decking would automatically pass inspection. Also my area of Oxnard was built at a time when all the roofs were done at 1/2" thick which meets current code. I don't know why John chose to misrepresent the truth. I'm almost sure he knew what the truth was being that no homes in Oxnard and possibly in the whole state are denied passage of inspection based on pre-existing conditions which have be grandfathered in since they have already passed inspection once. This seems very unprofessional and dishonest which probably relates more to a fleecing than reroofing.

Description of Work
My house needed to be reshingled.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

I am Chris, the owner of August Roofing and Solar, and I want to first of all apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. I also want you to know I can understand how this must have felt like an unprofessional and dishonest interaction, but, I can assure you that professionalism and honesty are core values here at August Roofing for all of our staff as well as for John. I would like to explain why John suggested that you might need the additional plywood. A number of years ago we did a reroof in the city of Thousand Oaks where we were forced by the city to upgrade existing 3/8" plywood to 1/2" plywood. We didn't find this out until after the roof was torn off and we were receiving our roof deck inspection (we were under the impression then that it would have been grandfathered in). That's when the inspector told us that the existing needed to be 1/2" by code. We then had to bring this additional expense to the customer. So now it was after the fact and not ahead of time, which is what I prefer because I don't ever want anyone to have to feel like you do....that we were unprofessional and dishonest. So based on that experience we have a policy to provide upfront, to the best of our ability, all possible additional charges that may or may not occur. This way it does not seem like we are trying to do a "bait and switch". Based on that policy, John proposed a possible sheeting upgrade. There are a couple of things we could have done differently to make sure that you didn't have this unpleasant experience, and I am truly sorry they did not happen. First, if John proposed a possible sheeting upgrade in the original proposal of July last year, and second, if we had initially taken the time to contact the city. We would have found out that existing sheeting is "grandfathered in" and none of this would have happened and potentially you would have been a happy customer. So again, please accept my apology. I wish it hadn't happened and if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please let me know.

08/01/2017

Nanette T.

They did a very good job. The price is fine, everything is fine. We recommend them.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

2014 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing! Total roofing & re-roofing services including - Attic ventilation, wood rot replacement, structural bracing, roof deck re-sloping, roof deck sheeting, roof insulation, roof tear off, hot asphalt work, sheet metal work, waterproofing, & cool roof application, solar panels to include full engineering, installation, and interconnection with your utility company. We bundle both your roofing and solar warranty into one package. Hero Registered Contractor.

Subterrainian waterproofing