CHOICE PEST CONTROL

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2007

38 W SIERRA MADRE UNIT 12

Sierra Madre, CA 91024

5 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE. LICENSE # OPR10166.

12/16/2015

Derek H.

Joel and his team did an excellent job. Would recommend and use them again. In fact, I'm located in a new location and just gave him a call based upon my last experience.

Description of Work
Pest removal and provide repairs to prevent removal of rats in the attic

09/04/2015

karen D.

Description of Work
The fixed problems that were not resolved by the previous "exterminator" that I had hired. Also, they made suggestions as to what I could myself to help me save money.

08/17/2015

Matt K.

I was very pleased with the experience. I had been suffering a nightmare scenario of very persistent rats that had fallen in love with my car (that was parked outside in the drive way). After three trips to the mechanics shop and complete failures to DIY the problem, I called Choice Pest Control. He inspected the area and gave my home a look over. While we did not have an indoor problem, he gave a lot of good advice about securing that better as well. In any case, with all the advice he gave he was very forthright saying I could probably do the work myself, but that being experienced in doing it he would probably be able to do it faster and easier. Ultimately, I happily let the professional do the work and he installed several bait traps. I haven't had an attack on my car since and actually caught site of one of the culprits post trap, which was a little macabre but satisfying.

Description of Work
Inspected house and yard for rodent incursions/weaknesses -- installed outdoor bait traps.

05/09/2015

rosellen B.

i have used this service for the past three years. The representative, Art Magdaleno, has always been most professional and efficient. Ants in my home are a particular plague to me and Choice has always taken care of the problem for me. I highly recommend their service and in particular, Art. First Rate!

Description of Work
eliminated ants

01/20/2014

Maureen H.

Joel has been servicing my residence with quarterly pest control for 20 years, and I give him the highest recommendation possible. Joel is always punctual, friendly and thorough. Joel has also serviced my home for rodent control, and there has never been a rodent issue in the 8 years since the service was conducted.

Description of Work
Pest control

05/22/2012

Anita P.

They were beyond excellent. Sixto came out over the course of a few weeks. He was always on time, always pleasent, and always emaculately dressed. He sealed up any entrance holes around the house and we have not had anymore problems. I would really recommend them.

Description of Work
We had a problem with rats in our attic.

04/13/2012

DONALD R.

He is quick and curteous. He is also not too expensive. We have had no trouble with insects since he came out.

Description of Work
They came out and exterminated for an ant problem.

04/12/2012

Wiliam B.

They are very prompt. They are very professional and fairly priced. Art was very helpful.

Description of Work
They have helped us out with a rat infestation and a spider infestation.

08/02/2011

Sylvia M.

Art came on a regular basis for several weeks to monitor the traps and continued to do so even after there was no rodent activity for several weeks. He always came on the agreed day and time. He is professional in manner, personable, and responsive. He always addressed our questions and concerns. He suggested making minor changes in the landscape to avoid future problems. When we told him we were thinking of cementing the area where the trashcans are kept he said gravel would serve the same purpose and would not be as costly. We felt after each visit that he was going above and beyond to provide service. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
We experienced rodents under the house due to the breakage of a sewer pipe. On Art's first visit he set traps where needed. He walked us through the perimeter of the house pointing out all the areas vulnerable to infestation. He explained how each repair could be made. He said if we were handy with tools we could do the work ourselves. There was never any pressure. We decided to pay the additional amount and have Choice Pest make the repairs. He returned on the appointed date and thoroughly closed all the entry holes.

05/31/2011

karen D.

I called to get advice and services for little bugs that have been showing up inside the house for months...made a same day appt...Joel arrived early, gave me information and advice on what to do about the bugs, said to contact him anytime for any questions etc...charged me nothing at all for the consultation...was friendly, professional, 100% accurate in his assessment and I will definitely call him with any other pest issues I have.

Description of Work
Consultation

11/16/2010

Anil Kumar B.

could not have been better!

Description of Work
...this guy was so honest...i just can't believe it! he walked me through a little self inspection and we determined that the droppings i found were old and there was no need for him to take my money...ask yourself how many service providers have actually told you that you don't neen their service...if/when we do have a problem I will be a customer of Art's for life!

11/09/2010

Laura R.

Very professional and they took care of the problem

Description of Work
They took care of a rat problem including trapping several rats and sealing our home to prevent future rat problems.

07/14/2010

STACY D.

Overall, Choice was excellent. Sixto always showed up on time, nicely dressed in a clean uniform. He was very polite, professional and accommodating. On the days Sixto came to check the traps he would come before I had to leave for work. I really appreciated not having to leave work to let him into the house. The mouse was never found and we haven't found evidence of one since. I guess the offending mouse was just a visitor. Sixto did a great job of sealing up all the places an unwanted houseguest could get in. I'd definitely hire them again. I just hope I won't need to.

Description of Work
We found mouse droppings in our basement. We set a couple of traps but didn't catch anything so we called Choice. Their tech, Sixto, set traps and checked them for a month. We had several access points (broken mesh on the basement vents, etc.) that needed to be closed off, and Sixto did that for us too.

04/25/2010

Chris H.

Overall a great experience. They came over on the same day that we called to check out the situation and, because it involved removing bees that required special equipment and protective gear, they needed to come back another day. They arrived right on time and did a great job. Art also gave us advice on a separate issue which we are going to try to tackle on our own. We would definitely use them again and would recommend them.

Description of Work
We had bees starting a hive inside the wall. Art was very helpful and took the time to make sure that he explained what we needed to do. He removed the flashing to get access and sprayed special gas/powder down to stop the hive. He also explained how we need to repair the area.

11/18/2009

Cynthia C.

Absolutely wonderful. We have used Choice a number of times (we live near a canyon and wildlife is an ongoing issue) and recommended them to family and friends. The staff is responsive, friendly and professional. I appreciate being able to call when we're in a panic over unwanted mice, rats or other pests and having is taken care of so easily.

Description of Work
We discovered mice in our crawl space recently and called Joel at Choice Pest Control. He promptly returned my call and made an appointment for the next day. He was on time, assessed the situation, set traps in the crawl space, made recommendations regarding other areas and set up a schedule to return.

04/30/2009

Thomas K.

Hired Choice Pest on recommendation of neighbor and Angie's list. Representative, Art, was punctual, presentable, and informative. Work was completed timely. Although the result was rodent-proof, the quality of the workmanship left something to be desired. Instead of matching the existing screens (grey with frames), they simply screwed black metal screen over the openings with drywall screws. It should look okay after the house gets repainted, but I wish that I had known what to expect ahead of time. Otherwise, work was reasonable for the price.

Description of Work
Checked for squirrels in attic. Surveyed and remedied open rodent access to crawl space, eaves, and roof vents (one-story, 1200 sq ft house). This consisted of replacing latches on screens, replacing damaged screens, and screening attic vents.

01/11/2008

ANNE G.

Choice Pest Control was the third pest control company I had used to get rid of rats in my attic. After the other two companies (one of which was a large, national company) failed, Choice Pest Control successfully eliminated the rats from my attic by painstakingly finding and screening off the narrow openings the rats were using to get in. My attic has been rat-free for the past 3 years, and I am incredibly grateful!

Description of Work
I had a problem with rats in my attic. Rats are very common in my area, and most of my neighbors have a similar problem with rats.

08/30/2007

Elizabeth A.

I have hired Choice Pest Control for many years now whenever I have any pest problems (every couple years). They are so effective and professional. They have a three month guarantee for ant control. They alway do a great job and are very honest.

Description of Work
Ant control (the price above), rodent trapping & removal ($350).

Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

Pacific Exterminator

Locally owned and operated, we are based in Ventura County. Pacific Exterminator was built out of a desire to better serve our local community after gaining experience from larger regional pest control companies. Our service area includes: Ventura, Santa Paula, Santa Clarita, Valencia, Castaic, Camarillo, Malibu, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Agoura Hills & San Fernando Valley.

Surf City Termite & Pest Control

"My core value is to offer the highest level of customer service to my clients, they need a pest professional they can trust and who is there every step of the way." - Gabriela Terrazas Family Owned & Operated, We do all our own work (no subcontracting). Payment is due on completion of work, Financing plan may be available on certain jobs. Additional Location: 10868 Drury Ln, Lynwood, CA 90262

ANTS, SPIDERS, ROACHES, CRIKETS, MICE, LIVE ANIMAL TRAPPING.

TERMITES.