Sticks & Stones Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2011

3304 Cambridge Rd

SHINGLE SPRINGS, CA 95682

Sticks & Stones Construction is a one stop shop for all you building needs inside your home and out, from the mountains through the bay, We serve Realtors, Property Management, Business owners, and, the general public night or day for your convenience, we work around your schedule/hrs of operation.

10/22/2017

Jason Y.

Jason was very meticulous and always made sure all the work was done well and to code by his team. He was responsive by email and text and handled all of our big and small requests. Our project was delayed by several weeks due to delays in some of the materials we ordered, but Jason promptly installed and fixed things up once our materials arrived. Jason helped us with a bathroom and kitchen remodel. We had contacted many contractors. Many contractors ignored us outright and others showed up and promised to follow up and never did. From the start Jason was upfront with his timelines and the costs. We appreciated his honesty and when the job was completed we were happy because their were no hidden costs. We have used other contractors in the past who started the job then added additional costs. During the bathroom remodel, Jason's team found a significant amount of wood rot due to leaking pipes and other not-to-code issues with our house. He let us know immediately, did not ignore the problems and offered a cost effective solution. Jason made sure all of his team's work was up to code and did a thorough job fixing the wood rot. We highly recommend working with Jason and his company!!

Description of Work
Bathroom and Kitchen remodel

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, drain cleaning

04/17/2017

Eleanor H.

Very nice work. Took a bit longer than anticipated, but that wasn't a problem for us. Excellent communication and very responsive. Answered all questions effectively and promptly. Job completed exactly as described. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Removed wood fence (shared with neighbor) and gate damaged by storm. Built new fence and gate. Board on board redwood fence with pressure-treated wood posts. Good neighbor fence (both sides were the same).

04/11/2017

William B.

Jason gave me a fair quote for the work. They showed up when scheduled and completed the work safely and cleaned up and hauled off materials

Description of Work
We need a fence and retaining wall demolished

Category hauling services, remodeling

02/02/2017

Shirley C.

We are very happy with the work. We love the flooring and couldn't be happier with the finished product. Thank you again.

Description of Work
We had a pipe leak that caused dry wall and flooring damage to our family room. Jason came in after mitigation and repaired our family room wall, put new flooring throughout our first floor and replaced baseboards. He also handled painting and replacement of insulation in the wall.

Category remodeling, interior painters

02/02/2017

Greg T.

Excellent. Very high quality including matching the paint to keep costs down.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged drywall.

01/05/2017

John C.

Quality & professional work

Description of Work
Framing, flooring, tile installed, shower, bathtub install & tile.

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

10/10/2016

Brady G.

I have 3 years demolition and some construction experience, and I helped Jason with this job. As one who has done such work, and one who has ripped out poor-quality work, I'm qualified to say what is "great quality," and such is truly Jason's work! He was on time, professional, and easy to work with!

Description of Work
Remodeled our entire barn!

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors, foundation repair, basement remodeling

08/15/2016

Timothy M.

Great job and good communication!

Description of Work
Replaced sink, drywall repair and other odd jobs

08/12/2016

Nate D.

First off, this is not the first contractor we have worked with. Sticks and Stones, stands head and shoulders above all of the previous companies we have used. Jason's attention to detail and ability to identify and address issues, that commonly arise in remodels, make him an invaluable asset to any project. Or lives suffered minimal impact, due to Jason's diligence. Jason and his crew were a pleasure to have in our home and it was left clean and beautiful. I would strongly recommend, Sticks and Stones to anyone seeking an honest, quality contractor.

Description of Work
Jason helped my family with the remodel of our kitchen and bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/12/2016

andrew G.

It went very well,they followed all my plans,when it came time to put things in like light switches and outlets in,I had pick were I wanted them to go,but Jason carefully explained to me why some spots would not work right,and he came to me before he did anything to talk to me and figure out a new spot for the outlets.it was very refreshing and felt good to think that my opinion and needs were all taken in and I was not met with an attitude but met with more of a team feeling.

Description of Work
They turned my garage into a really nice bedroom,it was well built and insulated,the room is still in use as a guest room.

06/09/2014

Jane A.

i paid 300 dollars for later service in an Angie's list sponsored deal. the company went out of business and Angie's list refunded my money

Description of Work
this company went out of business

11/15/2012

Cal W.

ripoff

Description of Work
I bought the BIG DEAL thru Angie's List. I could never get hold of Sticks and Stones to use my credit. Angie promised a refund but never got. DONT BUY THE BIG DEAL.

Category handyman service, remodeling, garage builders, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling

09/23/2011

Debra A.

A leaking ice maker hose damaged the wood floor in our kitchen. Seeing a coupon from Angie’s List (half price), I called Sticks and Stones to see if this was something they could do. I spoke with the owner, he said he could do the job, we made an appointment for the next day, and I bought the coupon. He didn’t show; his secretary called and said he’d been delayed at another job. Made another appointment, again a no show; sec’y said he’d hurt his back. She scheduled an appt for July 4th, and surprise, he didn’t show up! I caught him on his cell and he said he was spending July 4th with his family - I asked why his sec’y scheduled an appt if he was unavailable. Because I had purchased the Angie’s List coupon I felt we were on the hook, but they were very good about refunding my money once I explained the no shows. I left a phone message telling him we would not be hiring him – ok maybe I used a few choice words; when he returned the call many days later, he thought my dissatisfaction and choice words were uncalled for and he was just doing me a favor. Do yourself a favor and don’t work with this guy.

Description of Work
No services were performed as he never showed up.

Category contractors, remodeling

It's true, the 1st appt was missed. I thought I would be able to stop by to look at the job on my way home from work the next day. Unfortunately I didn't leave work that day untill about 8pm and felt it was a bit too late to stop by. In an effort to make up for the missed appt I told my secretary to schedule for the first possible opening and she did. Due to human error and an aggressive customer she overlooked the fact that it was July 4th. I was out of town with my kids when I got the call from the member who stated that her leaking fridge (which wasn't leaking at the time and was doing no additional damage) should take priority over the holiday w/ my kids. Member, I apologized offered to double your coupon and stand by my offer. I never intended to waste your time and don't understand the extreme overreaction to a fairly common situation when trying to fit someone in on short notice. If yo can see fit to forgive me I would love to attempt to win you over however possible.

08/25/2011

JC A.

He came over with a rotten piece of OSB for the granite countertop. He was supposed to use 5/8th inch plywood. He came back with another warped piece of OSB the next day, and I told him that he didn’t have to do the work if he didn’t want to. He insisted on using the OSB so I called the granite people who told me that we indeed had to use 5/8th inch plywood, not OSB. He went to get more plywood and never came back. I called him the next day when he was supposed to show up and left a voicemail with his girlfriend who is his secretary. I got a call back from her a week later and was told he was hurt.

Description of Work
He was supposed to install an upper cabinet over the sink, cut down and install a countertop in the garage, install a track for a sliding door, put in a new hose bib in the back, and install a track light in the hallway.

Category remodeling

You are a LIAR !!!I I gave you 3 days of work w/ myself and 2 laborers, fronted material costs, and NEVER EVER insisted on using Oriented Strand Board. Materials were being payed for by you, why would I care if we used the more expensive plywood instead of Oriented Strand Board? I recommended it, because the location of the granite subtop would more likely be subject to delamination which is very common when using plywood in wet areas and does not occur w/Oriented Strand Board. I read this review and couldn't stop shaking my head in disbelief. I kept thinking I must have read it wrong or maybe skipped a paragraph because everything said was not at all how any of it happened. These are not misunderstandings or 2 people seeing things differently, These are lies and I can prove it. Unfortunately he knows that despite any proof I provide no one except her can take the lies that she posted down. P.S. You got sick and asked us to take a few days off. Thousands of dollars worth of tools were left on the job during your requested time off. You knew full well I didn't abandon your job. Shame on you, your supposed to know better by your age!

06/07/2011

ROWLAND F.

He would be great to use if you were in need of a handyman or general residential work.

Description of Work
I used Sticks & Stones Construction for some yard cleanup and some trash out services. It was 10 acres. I would hire them again.

Category handyman service, hauling services, lawn service

Member was my first Angieslist.com client and remains one of my most frequent customers on or not on Angieslist.com. It makes my job a piece of cake when someone knows their trade as well as Member does. The ability to do a great job for our clients largely depends on our clients ability to recognize & relay through pictures or description what it is that they want/like and especially what they don't want/like for their particular project. There was never a moment of uncertainty (that I saw) and the original job descriptions never changed with the exceptions of some minor add ons caused by transiants in one of the forclosure homes. Every job we've done for Member has gone off without a hitch and that can't be coincedence. I greatly appreciate every client that we have ever had the pleasure of knowing ,but, I must say, Member sits a little higher up on my totem pole than most and when the phone rings and his name is on the caller I.D. I know this next job is gonna be a breeze! Thank You Member for being one of the elite amongst a pluthera of great clients.