Double Dub Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2012

3381 Sky Ln

SHINGLE SPRINGS, CA 95682

Newly engineered or remodeled decks, wood, decks, composite decks, timbertech, exotic brazilian decks.

10/01/2020

JR R.

Fabulous! Will and his team removed large old wooden deck, including support structure, and built new one using Firberon composite materials. About 3 weeks in all. It looks great and feels much sturdier. We couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend this group.

Description of Work
Needed to completely replace existing 30 year old large wooden deck. Spring 2020 with pandemic in full swing.

Category custom cabinets, decks

11/05/2017

Ann G.

They did an excellent job and the new stairway blends in with the existing deck beautifully. All repairs were done, and my deck looks great now!

Description of Work
Will Walker and his crew repaired some structural issues with my existing deck, and built a new stairway to the backyard.

10/09/2015

mia M.

Description of Work
Redwood decks on the front and back of our house. We also had a screened in porch added on the back. They did an amazing job and we would highly recommend.

09/29/2015

Angela P.

Description of Work
Came to take specs for construction work. However, their schedule was full and go the overall impression that they didn't have time or didn't want the work.

07/26/2015

Michael H.

Excellent contractor. ive had lots of experience with construction contractors over many projects, and was truly impressed. Will walker and his crews were amazing to work with. Courteous, punctual, and skilled in their crafts. I was very impressed with how clean they kept the workspace. It was straightened up at the end of each day, and they took great care in providing drop cloths and protective materials to prevent dust spread in the house as well as damage to adjacent floors, walls, etc. They are truly a professional organization that I will be using again.

Description of Work
Remodel of laundry room and downstairs powder room.

05/14/2015

Nancy P.

Description of Work
New front porch; some additional railing.

04/16/2015

Kaleena L.

I was worried going with someone I just found online and didn't have any first hand recommendations of but they out did my expectations. Will and his guys are so professional, reliable, respectful and easy to work with. He gave us a very easy guild of what to expect in which order so we could pay him throughout the progress for what had been completed and never pay for work that hadn't been done. His work is a piece of art. As a kid he built custom cabinets and it shows in his work. Everything is very clean and finished well. He kept the site clean and picked up the best they could after each day. I don't have one negative experience throughout the whole process. His cost is a little higher than other companies but when you see the quality of the type of materials he uses the extra cost is just due to the quality which is worth it to me.

Description of Work
We did almost a complete exterior remodel. The North side of our house is sheltered from the weather so we did not do that side but for the other 3 sides we did new siding, windows and had our whole deck replaced, Deck is over 1100 sq ft.

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

02/17/2015

Brian G.

We've done several remodel type projects over the years and have worked with a number of different general contractors. Most of the time the experience has been stressful and unpleasant. However, working with Double Dub has been a pleasure and this is the only time we've finished the job being 100% satisfied with the end result and extremely happy with the entire experience. I highly recommend Will Walker. He's fair, honest, hard working and very talented. He's very easy to work with and cares about the quality of his work. The tradesmen he contracts with are also of high quality. Will will be getting more of my business in the future.

Description of Work
Remodel - kitchen, bath & other space

10/08/2014

Charel W.

Description of Work
nice but never called back

Category remodeling

[Removed member name] , Not sure on why I have received this review?? I first spoke with you 2 weeks ago and had time then to fit your project in as you had requested. After our first talk you were going to call back if you wanted me to look at the project. A week later you called back and I was not able to answer the phone. I called you back the next day to set up a time to look at the project. Once a time was set I had mentioned to you that I could not get to the project for at least 4 weeks in the numbers worked. At that time I was told you would be in touch if you still wanted my self to look at the project. then I get this review?? Not sure where you were coming from but I'm sorry we were not able to do business.

09/12/2014

Raymond D C.

it went great Will the owner was there for the whole job, his employees were very prompt, professinal, cleaned up all thier mess this was a big job and all thier work wa excellent they just about rebuilt my whole back deck, made a pad for my hot tub which Wil the owner came back and detailed the finish work himself and did an incredable jof, they also constructed a roof over my front porch that turned out great They are probbly the best contractor i have done business with and my wife and I are very pleased with the job I would and will recommend them to anyone..They were within budget of estimate, on time everyday very professional and of the workers were great..

Description of Work
they rebuilt my back deck reinforced another part that was falling replaced all bad wood

09/10/2014

Kaleena L.

Description of Work
We haven't started the project yet. Waiting on the county to give us our permit. Will is so easy to work with. Without even seeing our project completed yet I know it will be super high quality work. We are replacing our 1100 sq ft deck and second story deck with a 1200-1300 sq ft timber tech deck. We are also having a hot tub dropped in to a new section and a new set of additional stairs built. He is also putting in new windows and cement board siding. Our house is 2400 sq ft and 2 stories so this is a big undertaking and he has been great, even excited to get stared. He said "Our house needs love and it will be beautiful when done." We know this will be the case. He has a very reasonable payment schedule laid out so that we are not paying for anything more that what has been completed. He is very easy to get a hold of, always quick to respond back to text's, email and our calls. He even offered to build us a cabinet to replace one that needs to be removed due to adding a window. We can't wait to start. I will update when project is complete.

Category decks, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

07/05/2014

David G.

This is second time that we have contracted with Double Dub Construction for a project. The first one was a deck replacement. We were so impressed with Will Walker's work ethic and quality of work that we contracted with his company again to remodel our kitchen. Will is the hardest working contactor that I have ever encountered in the course of owing several homes in a variety of states during a career in the Navy. His crew arrives early to the job site so that they can be unpacked and ready to go to work on time, not just arrive on time. Will and his crew work quickly without any sacrifice in quality of work. He was very sensitive to the fact that the one of the most important rooms in the house was going to be out of commission and he made sure that his crew completed all of their tasks in a timely fashion so that cabinet installation could go as scheduled. Will sets high standards of performance for himself and his crew and holds his subcontractors to those same high standards. He is very sensitive to controlling dust during demolition and drywall work and in protecting floors. His crew cleans up their work area daily and also clean up the area where they clean their equipment afterwards. Will has been a pleasure to work with and I would definitely recommend him to anyone and will use his services again in the future.

Description of Work
Remove all cabinets and countertops, plumbing fixtures and electrical plugs and switches. Widen door between kitchen and dining room and repair wood floor. Put in dedicated circuits in kitchen to bring electrical up to code, run two additional spare dedicated circuits to attic and redistribute loads on remainder of house circuits. Relocate several plugs in kitchen and add an additional plug. Relocate one pot light, add an additional one and convert all to LED. Repair all drywall that was opened up, tape and texture walls and ceilings. Paint walls and ceiling, window and door casings and trim. Tile one wall for backsplash behind stove. Install range hood, stove, new sink and associated plumbing.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters, doors

07/02/2014

William H.

I called the owner of Double Dubb Construction and asked him for a quote to remove and replace my deck. He came to my home within 2 days and had a very well detailed quote to me via E-mail within 3 more days. After considering another quote in our area we decided to hire Double Dubb Construction. His was not the lowest quote but we decided on him because of his apparent honesty. Which worked out to be his high point. The owner was there working through the whole process with his people every day,and was available to answer any questions. The work was started on the appointed day at the appointed time and was finished in the same manner. Each day being explained to me at its start and the next days start time was confirmed before they left that day. Payment was discussed and complied to in advance of the start. All in all, I would use him again and would recommend Double Dubb to anyone who is looking for a Quality job with highly experienced workman.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 530 sq feet of decking

06/30/2014

Cheryl S.

It was just brought to my attention that I erroneously submitted a "F" rating for this provider. I really apologize for this error as I know this provider as his personal name and thought the business name was his personal name. We got a few other quotes for deck work and I thought the business name, "Double Dub Construction" was one of the other deck quotes that we had got and that company had actually done some work for us prior which was not good i.e. the reason for the bad review; HOWEVER, I was giving the bad review to the WRONG company. Double Dub Construction has never done work for me and has only provided a quote for the deck job. As far as my interaction with his professionalism of meeting his appointment to meet me to provide quote, he was very professional and his quote for not the lowest and not the highest, it was mid point. What impressed me about the owner was that he said he had learned his trade from his Grandfather and he seemed to take pride in that fact. Since we only got to the quote and not the actual work, I cannot "grade" the actual completed work because at this point that is moot. Again, I apologize for my confusion on the prior rating as I understand how frustrating that mistake must be for the owner of Double Dub Construction.

Description of Work
Submit quote on deck job.

04/22/2014

Nancy P.

Description of Work
New front porch, new railing in two other locations. It went perfectly, as usual!

10/04/2013

See above.

Description of Work
I have used this company twice before they joined Angie's List. They replaced a front porch, and have also installed a new metal railing for my deck. Did excellent work on both jobs. Punctual, courteous, and do very precise and clean work. I am writing this, because I so disagreed with the review one customer wrote! I probably spent around $3,500 total on both jobs.

Category contractors, decks

05/24/2013

sandra L.

NOT SO GOOD. DOORS AND WINDOWS WERE DAMAGED. FINISH WORK WAS HORRABLE. THINGS CAME UP MISSING OR DAMAGED. HURRY WORK AND NOT DONE RIGHT. HAD TO CALL THEM BACK TO FIX THEIR MISTAKES THAT I NOTICED. WERE NOT PROFESSIONAL TOWARDS OTHER CONTRACTORS ON THE SAME JOB. DRY WALL CRACKED SOON AFTER THEY LEFT BECAUSE OF HOLES SHOVED WITH ALOT OF MUD. DOORS WOULD NOT SHUT RIGHT OR EVEN WORK . WAS VERY, VERY, DEFENSIVE TOWARDS MISTAKES THAT HAD TO BE POINTED OUT BY HOMEOWNER. VERY SLOPPY FINISH WORK. CHALK SMEARED AND CLUMPED ON FINISH WORK. CRACKING HOMEOWNER HAD TO FINISH OR REPLACE CHALK. JUST TOO MUCH TO LIST. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED WHEN SOME TOLD ME NOT TO GO WITH THEM.

Description of Work
REPLACE DOORS AND WINDOWS. SIDING AND ELECTRIC. DRYWALL

Category contractors, remodeling, siding, woodworking, doors

04/30/2013

Ron S.

1,000 sq ft exterior deck. Will Walker and Double Dub Construction did an outstanding job! Meticulous execution of all phases of our project. Very customer oriented. Job included: translation of our design ideas, generation of plans, permitting, demolition of existing deck, construction of new deck as well as clean up. High integrity and quality work...I could not have been happier. Will was there each day directing his associates... making sure we were 100% satisfied with the outcome. There are other larger companies in the Sacramento region who spend more $ advertising. Do not be fooled...Double Dub is the real deal!

Description of Work
Demolition of existing deck. Construction of new deck using Timbertech product. Removal of all excess materials and waste.

05/29/2012

April M.

We used Will to replace our windows in our whole house. We ordered the windows from the Door and Window Stop. He was very professional, courteous, and his guys were very fast and clean. He was there every day with them. They cleaned up at the end of every day. The quality of work was outstanding. The Stucco subcontractor he used was 3 days late and delayed the project quite a bit but he said that they were worht the wait. And they were, they did a good job. Overall I would highly recomend him and we will use him again when we remodel our bathrooms and kitchen.

Description of Work
11 windows replaced in our home. We have stucco siding and we put in new construction windows so it was a lot of work.

Category remodeling, replacement windows