Urban Soil Landscape

With Angi since September 2017

Sylmar Ave

Sherman Oaks, CA 91401

DIRECT CONTACT: 818 216 4731 Owner, Zach Elledge comes from a family of both hobby gardeners and professional landscapers, and his love for nature and the outdoors was groomed at an early age, enhancing his desire to create beautiful, functional gardens and outdoor spaces. He has a degree in Landscape Planning and Design and a C27 State Landscaping Contractors license. Whether designing visually beautiful gardens or attractive functional hardscape designs, Urban Soil Landscape has a keen ability to create results that appeal to the senses. Zach guides clients through the design process, ensuring the results meet their needs, and incorporates the architectural details of the structures enriched by his landscape designs. Zach brings together his knowledge of horticulture, design and construction to deliver elegantly styled landscapes....

04/27/2020

Laura M.

I’m so pleased to write about our great experience with Urban Soil Landscapes and Design. Particularly with Zach and his incredible crew. This was a big project that completely reconfigured and redesigned our entire backyard space. Zach was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the project. From the outset, we felt comfortable with Zach because of his vision, attention to detail and professionalism. He has an exemplary work ethic is and is always available. His design concepts were fantastic, and he included us in every decision along the way. He is so unbelievably dedicated to his work and was here at the job several times a day making certain the project was being done correctly, accurately and finished in a timely manner. He has assembled an exceptional and talented crew that are dependable, pleasant, extremely hard working and always professional. Needless to say, I recommend Zach without reservation and with the highest enthusiasm. Thanks to Zach and Urban Soil, the transformation of our yard has made us extremely happy and proud!

Description of Work
Design , demo and install

Category fencing,landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

05/02/2019

Elizabeth B.

This review is long overdue, as Zach and his team completed their work just after Thanksgiving 2018. This was my first experience with a landscaper, though I had spoken with others, and Zach was always available with any questions I had, which were many. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, but Zach really helped me narrow down options and my desire for EVERY kind of plant. We did DG and mulch and with areas defined by bender board and it really looks fantastic. The plant choices he helped with are now looking fabulous and my yard is awash in beautiful purple, orange and yellow. The small Palo Verde we put in is even blooming. It looks even better than I imagined and I could not have gotten it done without his fantastic work. He even came out immediately when I called to say that the rain we had right after the install had washed some of the DG away, and that I could not find some of the low voltage wiring that they had laid. It was really less than I had thought at first, but he came out right away with his guys and placed what little DG was needed, then even pulled some weeds that were growing through the mulch and placed extra mulch and left me with extra, as well as locating the low voltage wiring. He was truly a great guy to work with. Can't thank you enough, Zach!

Description of Work
back yard landscaping

04/30/2019

Barbara L.

Zach took out and redesigned and installed irrigation and drip to the front yard. His people were very good. Showed up on time and did the work quickly. Any questions I had Zach responded to me very quickly. Very pleased with the way it turned out.

Description of Work
Remove and replace much of the front yard landscape and sprinkler system.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,outdoor lighting

04/14/2019

Meredith S.

I'm writing this long over-due review to say how pleased we were with Zach and his team at Urban Soil Landscaping. I had worked with two other landscapers prior to hiring Zach and so can say that the third time really was the charm for us. He asked for my preferences and added his creative ideas and vision to create a truly lovely planting design (and the repair and reworking of the irrigation system) for our front yard. We have had numerous neighbors comment on how beautiful it looks. He took an overgrown, unbalanced, unimaginative area and changed it so much for the better; making the front of our home look wonderful and inviting! He and his crew were there when they said they would be, cleaned up meticulously after they were done and all was accomplished for a reasonable price. If we need any other landscaping needs in the future we'll be calling Urban Soil.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,outdoor lighting

04/04/2019

Jeff B.

Great. Very happy with the new landscaping. Zach was a pleasure to work with and his crew were efficient yet took the time to make sure everything was 100% complete and exactly how I wanted it.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping

12/08/2018

Brian H.

I moved into a house that was landscaped like an overgrown jungle. Zach was able to make it into a serene, beautiful space. He listened to what I wanted and gave me lots of great ideas. He added grass for my dog, lush plants and flowers for me and a drip irrigation system so I wouldn’t have to spend an hour watering. His bid was competitive and he stayed on budget to the penny - no one does that! I highly recommend him and can’t wait to have him back to do my hillside.

Description of Work
I needed landscaping, an irrigation system and accent lighting.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,outdoor lighting

11/25/2018

Christian E.

I had a lot of trouble finding a company in my budget for front yard drought tolerant landscaping. My lot is pretty small and the grass died out years ago. There's a cap to how much is worth it based on the value of my property. Sadly, most of the initial quotes I got were almost double my max budget. The closest was a guy who wanted to just plant from succulents and cover the whole yard in gravel. So when I found Urban Soil on Angie's List I told Zach up front my story and my budget. I didn't want him to do the work if he thought he couldn't work within my budget. He not only was able to work within my budget but he did a nice simple design with some contrast between mulch and decomposed granite. To my surprise the quote included a full drip irrigation system with timer. We went over some specifics and added a few things to the job and it was still under my budget so we moved forward. Throughout the whole process Zach's communication was great. He kept me in the loop when the electrician came out to put in the exterior plug for the timer. He let me know when he was coming by to spray the small amount of live grass with weed killer. He scheduled the installation and his crew showed up on time. The crew was friendly and got the job done in a day, with a few things to button up the next day. The design looks great and the landscape installation was great. My only complaints are there was a little sloppiness to the installation of the drip irrigation timer. It looked a little rushed and the timer was hanging at an angle on the wall. I ended up just fixing that stuff myself, which only took a few minutes of my Saturday morning. Just a little disappointing the guys couldn't get an actual wall anchor. It's not enough to deduct a lot, so I gave a B in quality but it's more like a B+ Small complaints aside I was very happy with the whole process with Zach and Urban Soil. I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Front yard landscape remodel, drought tolerant with drip irrigation

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel

11/03/2018

eric K.

I hired Urban Soil to redo our front yard. We needed something drought-tolerant and i was very nervous how it would turn it out. Zach was very easy to work with and was always very professional! Everything was done in a timely manner and i couldn't be more pleased with how the yard looks. All of our guests compliment us about it, which is more than i was hoping for with this project. Highly recommend Urban Soil for anyone looking to re-landscape!

Description of Work
front yard relandscape

07/16/2018

Jon C.

Zach showed up on time, ready to figure this out. We have no design abilities, and Zach just took over and came up with a good solution for our landscape needs. About 4 weeks later, everything was installed as planned. I didn't even need to be home. Just came home and everything looked great. That's a welcome surprise.

Description of Work
Front of house landscaping

04/07/2018

Annette S.

Zach and his team were excellent. He was always prompt, courteous, professional, and responsive to my inquiries. He provided many suggestions and came up with beautiful, creative, and water-responsible ways to redo my landscaping and to upgrade my lighting, and my irrigation system. His team likewise was very professional and worked very hard. His price was competitive, and a fraction of what some others demanded. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have their landscaping renewed or improved.

Description of Work
I needed my landscaping upgraded/redone

US Home Developers Inc

US Home Developers is a construction company providing services in Residential Construction and Remodeling, from tiling to roofing, from grading to painting and working on projects with a variety of scales, we keep on growing a big family of contractors, satisfied clients and partners. We take care of your residential construction projects whether it is home improvement, house full remodeling or residential ground up construction. Estimates for insurance companies are subject to additional costs. We carry an exceptional team of senior level professionals and young enthusiastic talents that accumulate decades of work experience in the construction industry. This multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team working with you and for you, is the key to success each and every time.

Home Renew 360

Home Renew 360 is your complete home improvement company. We offer many remodeling services that will help you and your family create the home of your dreams in an efficient, sustainable, healthy manner. Our company has over 30 years of combined experience providing exemplary service to home owners in the greater Southern California area. Home Renew 360 has the expertise and experience to apply our craftsmanship to any size remodeling project. Our goal is to make sure the job is done right and on time.

Offers by Home Renew 360 on Angi
    Feel At Home Builders & Design

Specialties: As a full service local home remodeling company, Feel At Home Builders & Design is fully licensed, bonded, and insured to build any new residential construction and remodel any indoor or outdoor area of your home. While offering our home remodeling services, we know that homeowners want to see what they’re getting before the job even begins. For this reason, we offer exquisite 3D design plans so you can see the end in the beginning. Our workers are highly experienced in detailed craftsmanship for all your remodeling needs, including: Additions, room extensions, outdoor remodeling, creative pool design, firepits, electrical, tile, masonry cement and brickwork including pavers, hardscape and waterscape, painting, custom decks and patios, flooring, roofing, turf and all types of creative landscaping. Our company has been family owned & operated since 1992 allowing us to not only have more than 25+ years of proper industry skill sets, but we also learn as fast as the construction world is changing. Most importantly, we listen to your needs while allowing our experience to give you different options to turn your dream into a reality. History: Established in 1992, catering to each client individually is what makes Feel At Home Builders & Design stand out. Feel At Home Builders & Design is a licensed general contracting company with over 25 years of industry experience building and remodeling different types of uniquely designed homes throughout Southern California. Our honor and loyalty to our customers ensure that every single customer of ours get a creative and beautifully detailed home remodel from start to finish. We originally formed Feel At Home Builders & Design because we had so much more to offer than just “industry standards”. We sincerely took every golden nugget of feedback from every customer we have ever worked with and evolved our company into a high-tech home remodeling company.

We specialize in new installations, including but not limited to: design, full installation, specialty gardens, drought tolerant gardens, irrigation, hardscape, pavers, concrete, tree trimming, and brush clearance. Drawings, plans, and renderings available on request.

We offer a wide array of services. If you have any questions regarding specifics, please feel free to contact and talk to Zach directly.