So Cal Builders & Design Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since June 2014

SoCal Builders and Design have been helping the homes of Southern California look perfect one nail and brick at a time! With the best prices and highest standard of service, we can deliver the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams on time and on budget! Voice Star: (888) 284-9122....

A Service Provider's profile image

+20 more images

Holland Residence- Kitchen Addition

Holland Residence- Kitchen Addition

cabinet makers202090275
Adding 400 square feet to existing home and add new kitchen with grey tile floor, flat panel cabinets and quartz countertop.

hardscaping (75)home remodeling (51)home builder (24)Patios (23)outdoor kitchens (18)roofing (18)countertop installation (12)architect (11)decks & porches (11)house painting (9)stucco (8)masonry (6)

11/24/2021

Michael L.

Great working with Gal. He was responsive and professional and quality of the work done for my kitchen remodel was fantastic. Not an inexpensive contractor but they do great work with good service and I feel you do get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category countertops, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

Review for So Cal Builders & Design Inc - 15335 Morrison St, Sherman Oaks, CA - 39555172

07/23/2021

Spencer D.

We called several contractors for quotes on building a pool and So Cal Builders was one of the ones who actually came to the house. He was very knowledgeable and made it feel like he was helping us come up with some great ideas. Some of the other contractors that came to the house and gave us quotes were pretty stingy when it came to creative ideas, they didn't really allow us to put to much of our input in. But that was not the case with So Cal Builders, it was really nice to feel like we were being heard and they had some fantastic ideas and found ways to save us money. Currently we had to put our project off until next year (personal reasons), but as soon as we are ready to break ground, I know who my first call will be to. Keep up the good work guys.

Description of Work
Giant pool build

Category excavators, landscaping, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

07/19/2021

Nat M.

Work was performed professionally and in a timely manner

Description of Work
Replace Kitchen Countertop

Category countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

Review for So Cal Builders & Design Inc - 15335 Morrison St, Sherman Oaks, CA - 39408750

06/18/2021

Daniel A.

After submitting some basic requirements on Angies List, I received an email and call from SoCal Builders & Design. I spoke with Alex on the phone and noted what I was looking to do and helped me schedule a meeting appointment. Marina reached out the night before and confirmed our meeting time and date. With most companies they typically give you a window of time and far often too wide a range for anyone to have a life that day. Our meeting was scheduled at a specific time and Roei (Pronounced Roy) showed up at that exact time! I realize that not everyone and certainly not all business can function in precise time slots, but as someone that is a planner and appreciates a set schedule, I knew this was a great first impression. Roei was fantastic. We didn’t know anything about the industry or what was involved and he clearly laid out and set proper expectations. Every question was answered and more importantly it felt like you had a buddy over that was visiting which is great when having someone you don’t know in your home. We are currently in the planning step and have not began work but I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone looking to get some work done on the house. Thank you Roei. Thank you Marina. Thank you Alex.

Description of Work
Received An Estimate

Category electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

04/05/2021

Mark J.

Unfortunately a lot of wasted time with no bid or communication as to why. I called So Cal Builders on March 10 to ask for a bid for remodeling work on my condo. Since I am conscientious about time and wanted to be straight forward with what I was looking for I also emailed them a request for proposal as a presentation which explained what I was lookin for in my remodel. Our meeting time was scheduled promptly for the next day with Natali. After taking off from work and asking my tenants permission to walk through the unit, I explained in detail what I was looking for to Natali and she assured me that she had everything she needed for a bid. She did not text me until March 18 with a note asking me for my email address (even though my email address was in the presentation and their office had already emailed me before) and stated that she wanted to follow up. I responded immediately with my email address and asked if she would like to talk? I never heard back from her with either a text nor an email message. Subsequently I called on March 30 and spoke to Alex and he said that Natali would get back to me ASAP. That was five days ago. This Thursday will mark one month since Natali walked through the unit and promised a bid. Waiting this long for a bid is not normal and not the average waiting period as other General Contractors have submitted their bids within at least 1.5 weeks of the walk through.

Description of Work
General Remodeling of a Condo Unit

Category appliance repair, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. I apologize for the delay we had in getting back to you with the estimate. This days our average return period is loner because our office is still not back to 100% because of COVID-19,but still it shouldn't had taking that long. I'm sorry for any inconvenience we caused you and hopefully you will give us another chance on your next project. Thank you, Aviad Goverman Owner So Cal Builders & Design Inc.

01/09/2021

Marine K.

David Stein of So Cal builders was great to work with. He offered an unexpected solution for our covered patio project. He was very pleasant, accommodating and efficient. Made changes along the work to meet our requests. Kept us updated on all milestones. We are planning to contract him for several other projects. We'll certainly recommend him as a trustworthy person.

Description of Work
Covered Patio Project

Category patios

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

12/22/2020

Bridget A.

So Cal Builders, replaced our roof, damaged drywall in our living and resurfaced our cabinets. They install a new sink and faucet, backsplash and quartz countertops. Our outdated 30 year old kitchen was transformed into a modern and gorgeous kitchen. The drywall in our living was replaced. Our living room was painted and looks better than it did before. We are pleased to have a much needed new roof. Everyone who worked in our home wore a mask and practiced social distancing. We highly recommend So Cal Builders to our friends and family.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof, a kitchen remodel and a drywall repair in our living room.

Category countertops, drywall, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Cost $39,809.8

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

Review for So Cal Builders & Design Inc - 15335 Morrison St, Sherman Oaks, CA - 39098555

12/18/2020

Raul M.

Wanted to take a couple minutes out of the day to say thank you to SoCal Builders&Design particularly to our contractor, Ilan. He did a great job completing our ADU conversion. Ran into a major hick up due to the whole COVID19 issue but he kept us informed and ensured that work did not stop once construction started. Ilan kept us informed of how the whole process was going to be from start to finish. He did not go over our set budget and numbers didn’t change from what our initial contract was. Even after the job was completed he continued to follow up to ensure everything was good and ensured that he sent out his workers for any small issues that may had come up. Ilan was a very friendly and reliable person. We are very grateful for his help with this home improvement project. And of course thank you for following COVID protocols definitely a must with these times.

Description of Work
ADU Conversion

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

10/30/2020

Christine P.

We had a great experience with SoCal Builders, specifically in working with David. As first time homeowners, the process of starting construction on our backyard was a bit daunting, but he helped make us feel comfortable from the start. They were able to see what our vision was for our backyard pavers/overhang and the contract was clearly written out. David was communicative throughout the whole process - keeping us updated on timing and always available to answer any questions along the way. When challenges popped up here and there, he was always ready to immediately address. We love the space and would definitely work with them for any future projects.

Description of Work
Re-did back patio

Category patios

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Review for So Cal Builders & Design Inc - 15335 Morrison St, Sherman Oaks, CA - 38991637

09/28/2020

Matt S.

Sujit and his associates are incredible! Sujit delivered on his promise and knocked it out of the park (again)!! Not only kind, professional, trustworthy and patient, the quality of service Suj provides is second to none. My wife and I are so happy when working with Mr. Naran! He finds a way to present solutions instead of problems. His above & beyond service and awesome demeanor is refreshing and so appreciated, we've told our friends and family about Suj and we can’t wait to work with him again! Thank you Sujit!!!

Description of Work
Home Improvements

Work Completed On 09/27/2020

09/25/2020

Clinton W.

So Cal Builders is a professional and easy company to work with. They have done 2 of our bathrooms and did an excellent job! This time we hired them for our kitchen renovation and so far, we are having an excellent experience just like the last time Suj is a good communicator we will definitely rehire them.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel and Kitchen

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

09/25/2020

Petra B.

Our experience with Suj and So Cal Builders & design was very pleasant. They executed a high quality upgrade to our prior home before we sold/upgraded. We did not want anyone else to renovate our new house. Every step of the remodel was handled in a timely manner. And, honestly, Suj is quite humorous; he creates a very nice environment to be around for his team and clientele.

Description of Work
Lighting/Molding/Paint/New Loft Build Out into Garage

Category hardwood floor, interior designers, remodeling, garage builders, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/30/2019

09/20/2020

Gary T.

Horrible. Bait and switch at an unprecedented level.

Description of Work
Bath kitchen and glooriny

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. When we are coming to give a free estimate on a big project like yours, we don't give a price on the spot, we are taking all the information and measurements back to our office and we are coming back for a second appointment with a detail estimate and an accurate price. The reason for that is that we are obligated to our customers that our price is start to finish, with no hiding fees or surprises. When our project manager came to your house, you insisted to get a ballpark on the spot and unfortunately our guy give in to your pressure and give you a wrong ballpark that end up being too low. When we came back for the second meeting with a detail estimate and an accurate price, it was higher the original ballpark. We apologize for any miss communication, but that is why we don't give a price on the spot. We want to wish you best of luck with the project and hopefully you will give us a chance on your next project. Take care, Aviad Goverman Owner So Cal Builders & Design Inc.

09/15/2020

Karina R.

David came out & gave us a thorough estimate. He was very professional & he answered all of our questions. Although we didn't close a deal with them, I give them an A review for customer service.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

08/26/2020

Steve L.

Avi helped me go over my existing construction plans and was really thorough and helpful. Great customer service. He gave me a solid quote and a reasonable price for the job.

Description of Work
Getting a Quote

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/26/2020

Lawrence F.

Our initial meeting with Suj was great. Initially, we had in mind a much larger job. He had quoted us $3000 for the closet demolition / wall rebuild (non-load bearing), packaged with several other items. Together with the fee for drawings ($4000) and permits, this was a bit higher than we anticipated. However, we decided to go with Suj due to his responsiveness and professionalism. Out of our other quotes, Suj’s pricing was middle of the pack - not the cheapest or most expensive. When the drawings were complete and evaluated, he gave us an updated cost of $6000 over text message. The scope of work had changed, and this was no longer part of a bigger project - understandable. The issue was when he gave us the official estimate a week later and up’d the price once again to $9000. When asked what happened, his exact words were “well, I need to get paid too”. He had weeks to consider before quoting the $6000 and nothing had changed since then. The extra $3000 may be insignificant compared to most renovation costs, but for us in our first home, this was back breaking. We continued with Suj since we were already locked in and well past the 3 day cancellation period. Their work for the most part was exceptional. The new wall blended perfectly into our existing structure, and the ceiling patch was also well done. The problem here was the floor. They had dug up a 1” deep pit in the floor, likely to remove the wall studs. However, they did not patch the floor or even let us know this was going to be an issue. We were never told about the pit until I decided to check in on their progress one day towards the end of the wall build. This required us to pay a handyman to come in next day on a weekend to patch the concrete since we had cabinets being installed the following Tuesday. Suj was aware of this and did not believe it pertinent information. Overall, Suj and SoCal Builders do quality work, but the issues in pricing consistency lost us before the work even started. Not even telling us that we’d be left with a 1” deep pit in our floor after was another huge issue which should’ve been brought up much earlier. This was our first experience with a contractor and I’m not sure if this is typical or not. However, it’s enough to make me doubt I’d contact them for any future work.

Description of Work
Removal of hallway closet that protruded into kitchen. Construction of new wall (approx 4ft length).

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Review for So Cal Builders & Design Inc - 15335 Morrison St, Sherman Oaks, CA - 38850999

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business. The $6,000 we priced the project in our first meeting was just a ballpark, every time we are removing a wall we advise our customers to start the the blue prints and let the engineer do his job to avoid any surprises. Unfortunately the engineering requirements was more then we original anticipated and that's why we had increase in cost. You hired us just to do the plans for you, nothing else! in fact when we give you the estimate to do the construction for $9,000 you took the weekend to think it over and Sunday night you called Suj and inform him you decided to hire us to do the construction work as well. At any point you haven't been under contract for the construction work and you wasn't obligated to do the job with us, you could had paid us for the plans and hire someone else to do the construction for you. The 1" deep pit in your floor was discovered after demolition and was offered to repair with no extra charge by us, you choose not to wait a few days until our guys was available and decided to hire a handyman on you own. We apricate your business and hopefully you will think of us for your next project. Take care, Aviad Goverman Owner So Cal Builders & Design Inc.

08/14/2020

sandy H.

Avi of SoCalBuilders has been exceptional to work with. We hired him to build a ground-up 700 square foot guesthouse in Altadena. We selected Avi as our contractor, from several we had interviewed, for the following reasons: 1. His bid was very detailed oriented and we are used to working that way. 2. When we communicated with him, he was very responsive and always addressed our concerns and questions. He even caught mistakes or omissions on our plans. His emails were very well written and easy to understand. 3. He was very professional, punctual, and business-like, yet personable at the same time. We also felt that he really knew what it took to build a home. 4. He was willing to work with us on keeping our costs down by giving us credit for the appliances and flooring that we had already purchased. Avi did not disappoint. The construction went well, and if there was an issue, Avi figured out a solution every time. We would certainly hire him again if the need would arise.

Description of Work
Avi constructed a 700 square foot guesthouse from the ground up.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, ceiling fans, structural engineer, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

08/13/2020

salome C.

My boyfriend and I hired Natali after meeting with 4 other contractors. She offered us the best price and she was the most professional and knowledgeable. SoCal builders installed hardwood floors throughout, fully remodeled 3 baths and a full paint job. We then decided to retile the kitchen. Everything looks fantastic, we will use them again no doubt for future projects. Natali was very flexible and accommodating and her crew is very nice as well.

Description of Work
Floors, baths, kitchen and paint

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

07/22/2020

Blue T.

Everything went very smoothly, and on time! Natali is very professional and attentive to detail. I was very impressed with the workers who managed to keep the place dust free, they were also great about keeping their masks on due to Covid. It was an overall great experience and I love my new bathroom and kitchen!

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

07/22/2020

Joshua R.

"How did it go?" is the prompt for this question. "It went poorly" is our answer. This is an update to an earlier review mistakenly attributed to a representative of another firm. SoCal contacted us and asked to update the review - we are happy to do so. That said, we will not deal with them again or recommend them. The field representative from SoCal Builders was very professional and helpful, she was detail-oriented and asked good questions. We discussed general budget parameter and ended our meeting feeling this contractor could be “the one.” Then we didn’t hear back. We contacted the field representative and she noted she had been sick, fall behind, but would be in touch. Then we didn’t hear back. Then Covid hit. We assumed they weren’t interested in doing business with us and continued our search elsewhere. Angie’s List contacted us for a review and we confused SoCal Builders with another contractor. We left a frank and honest review, but mentioned an employee of another firm. Despite SoCal Builders’ lack of follow-up when we were trying to get a quote – this time they contacted us immediately, by phone twice and by text. In speaking with SoCal Builders this time, we explained the situation and that we felt they had moved on. The representative, Avi, apologized and intimated that the issue was our fault, something about a mismatch of budget and scope – nothing that had been mentioned before. In summary, they were very nice up front, had zero (0) follow-through, and were difficult on the back end. They seem nice, but we cannot recommend them. 2020-07-22

Description of Work
Condo Renovation

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/20/2020

Brenda B.

The company rep arrived on time for the estimate and answered all of my questions completely and professionally.

Description of Work
Garage refurbishment

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

02/24/2020

Stefani R.

I did a large scale remodeling project of my house in culver city, i used So cal builders. They did the perfect remodeling job on top of the service and quality that all together were much higher than perfect. All the remodeling sections at the house were teared down to the studs and re-built based on a design that was made by them. Natali was an amazing, skilled, straight forward person that know very well how to take care of everything from start to finish! I absolutely recommend them!

Description of Work
complete house remodel - 1,450 SQF

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, interior designers, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/23/2020