HANS AUTO REPAIR

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

384 OLYMPIA AVE

Seaside, CA 93955

Independent family owned auto repair business--working on most makes and models--specializing in Volvo...

04/11/2014

Janine E.

It went great--got my car back faster than he said it might take, as they did not have the part in stock. I also mentioned to him that the check engine light had come on in my old Mercedes and I asked if he could recommend a good Merc mechanic (the last one I used was terrible). He said to bring the car in and he'd see if he could figure out what the problem was, and if he could fix it, he would. As it turned out, it was just the smog sensor which had become loose. He fiddled with it, which fixed the problem--and no charge. I'd say I was floored, as he could have easily said it was something hugely expensive, but this guy is as honest as they come! And I'm so relieved that when the Merc does need work, he can likely do it, and if he can't, he'll tell me exactly what needs to be done and recommend a mechanic. This company is also great for calling if they find any additional problems, to ask what you want to do, they tell you the cost and let you decide if you can afford it or if it's safe to wait a bit. I always feel as if I am getting the whole picture and can therefore make an educated decision.

Description of Work
My Volvo's emergency brake snapped and I was having problems with the speedometer as well. He fixed the emergency brake in record time and told me that Volvos of my car's age ('92) have speedo problems that are not fixable. He assured me that the weird sensation I felt through the foot brake was associated with the speedo because it was confusing the antilocks but that the car was perfectly safe to drive. He checked the whole car for issues, said everything else was in okay shape. He could have charged far more but every time I use Hans I feel as if he does only the work he feels needed to be done, and does not add stuff on to raise the cost.

Category auto repair

03/21/2013

Carl R.

Mike Brooks is, in a word, “stellar.” I have been going to Mike for more than 7 years. During that time, I have owned 3 Volvos, and my ex-wife has owned two. He has taken extremely good care of all of these cars. I trust him implicitly. If he says something needs to be fixed, or this can wait, well. . . I am still waiting for him to be proved wrong. He always fixes things right, the first time. You never have to bring your car back because he didn’t fix your problem when you first brought it to him. And with 5 Volvos, in 7 years, you can only guess at how many times we’ve needed service. Mike is an excellent mechanic. He is trustworthy. He saves all the parts he changes for you to look at. He takes the time to explain everything he does to your car carefully, so that you can understand it. (Read: he doesn’t talk to you in mechanic-ease). He will go out of his way to accommodate you. You can drop in on him and ask him why your engine light is on, or can he check your wiper blades. Anything more time-intensive, and you are better off making an appointment. There is a lot of money on this Peninsula. And it is a shame that on this Peninsula, there are so many untrustworthy mechanics. Some of these guys will take it to the bank and then some, and not even bat an eye. They will take you for everything you’ve got. Not Mike. I recommend Hans Auto Service to everyone. I give him only my highest recommendation. If he can’t do the repair (like put headers on your car), he will send you to someone that can, that he trusts. I recently found out that Mike works on all cars, not just Volvos. Since this discovery, I have been bringing my 1979 Corvette to him for repairs. Once again, Mike Brooks has proven himself to be an excellent mechanic. On Volvos, and any other cars you might own. Go to him. Be thankful that Monterey Peninsula has such an honest and trustworthy mechanic. You will not be sorry.

Description of Work
Mike and Tracy run the best Volvo repair shop in the Monterey area. Aside from being friendly and kind and all the rest of that stuff, they can fix a car like there's no tomorrow.

Category auto repair

Auto Service

Major to minor repairs and servicing of most makes and models, Volvo specialists for over 20years, Smog Inspection station, Monterey Bay Area Green Certified Business