Clarence Electric Corp

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2010

Established in 1979 providing expert analysis which means we'll be here when you need us. Drug testing and back ground investigations ensure safety for you when our techs come into your home. On-going training means the best practices for your comfort and convenience in providing you with economical quality service. Always a live person to respond to your call. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee means no risk to you! So "WHEN YOU NEED IT RIGHT NOW AND RIGHT NOW" call us at 831-394-1274. Senior/Military Discounts, Credit cards accepted, financing available....

Pioneer landscape

Here we stand behind our work and we value our customers. Our mission is to create our customers vision a reality. We are proud of the integrity, Sincerity, and transparency our employees give while also setting the standard.

POWER MOVE

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Electrical Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by POWER MOVE on Angi
Luxury Builders

Luxury Builders specializes in home or business remodeling, updating doors, window, floors, painting, etc. We are an owner-operated business. We are detailed oriented and perfection is our goal in every job. No job is too small for Luxury Builders.

04/10/2018

Paul S.

Will was on-time and gave a full estimate before performing any work. He took any/all complications with aplomb and finished all work before the day was over. No extra charges for labor even though some issues were needing to be dealt with. He protected the work areas and cleaned up thoroughly after he was finished. All-in-all, he was a completely professional and competent provider and I would not hesitate to hire him again for any necessary electrical work.

Description of Work
Installing new microwave and 2 lighting fixtures plus bathroom exhaust fan

Category electrician,lighting

12/21/2015

Justin B.

It went great. Provider was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced a few GFI outlets and diagnosed my electrical problem.

06/01/2015

Kyle C.

Clarence is professional, courteous, and works hard to deliver the promised service. The can lights are on a dimmer switch he installed. All of the work was completed in a full day of work.

Description of Work
Clarence installed three can lights in the ceiling of our front room.

05/22/2015

Kevin K.

Will and his helper came and explained the pricing structure accordingly as it related to what they found and the work involved to correct the problem. He took us through each step as he discovered and ultimately corrected the problem. He explain why the burnt wires did not actually burn down the house but blew out the breaker instead. He also explained how dangerous it was because the breaker box itself was very old and needed to be updated. He was obviously extremely knowledgeable and he was very professional. He had a helper with him who was having on-the-job training and it was clear that this young man was learning a great deal with the expertise Will used to describe every detail of what he was doing. We asked Will about a couple of another thing involving electronics that we needed done. He answered those questions so that when we made an appointment for Will to come back and fix the breaker box, he will also take care of this other thing as well. We would highly recommend Clarence electronics for their professionalism and impeccable work!

Description of Work
A breaker line had sparked causing a power outage in a certain area of the home. They came and discovered the source of the power outage which ended up being a certain electrical outlet that could have potentially caused a fire in the house. The wires had literally burned causing the rubber casing they were in to melt together. Clarence electric fixed the problem restoring electricity.

10/16/2013

Archie G.

He came out and changed over and rewired my breaker box. He installed a ceiling fan and a heat lamp in the bathroom. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Electrical.

10/07/2013

sean T.

Estimator came to house quickly. As he looked at the work to be done he inspected the 2 power panels (1 in the house, 1 in the cottage). He said I needed to replace both panel boxes and the weather head to the house. By the time he finished he said the work would cost about $5,000. He left and said he would bring an estimate back to me the next day. I never saw him nor heard from his company again. The contractor I finally hired looked at the work I wanted to have done and the 2 panel boxes. He did not think they needed to be replaced. He did the work for $450.

Description of Work
Estimator came to my house to give estimate to replace about 40 feet of power line to a cottage in the back MY HOUSE. As he made the estimate to replace the work I needed to have done, the estimator started saying this and that needed to be done.

Category electrician

First and foremost the ball got dropped on our side so to speak and we apologize for not providing the final written estimate. Our estimator after spending about one hour looking and doing basic testing to the system returned from work that day to find out the mother of his two children had been diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. We are a family business and we all took every opportunity to assist to the point of not taking on any new business until we could get a handle on how we could help our employee in his hour of need. This situation happened well over a year ago and we have since up dated our procedures so as not to grossly affect potential clients in the future. As to what the technician saw, after reading the report it was clear to me as a Master Electrician his explanation as to what was required to effect a more complete and safe repair was very accurate. The homeowner had underground lines going to the rear home/office; the sub panel was a Zinsco or Federal Pacific, both of which are known fire hazards due mostly to failing to trip upon system failures (which is why the homeowner was trying to get estimates in the first place, right?). The technician explained the options to correct the problems and the approximate amount to completely bring both systems including the failing underground lines into code compliance without circumventing the panel issues. Fixing the problem as the homeowner described does not solve the overall issue that we found. So, as an example not meant to offend just to clarify, if a police officer gives you a fixit ticket for driving on bald tires and you continue to drive on them he could again issue you another ticket later down the line yet you have a choice to fix it or not; however, whose putting the family at risk? So for us, safety is the issue with regard to our findings. If our diagnosis was incorrect with regard to the panels or so call required work then have a building inspector check the work and panels. Also, go to "ismypanelsafe.com" to read about the hazards associated with the two panels listed above (Zinsco/Federal Pacific). In closing, our findings were conducted professionally and thoroughly to ensure the safety and protection of the home and family, which was then and will always be our primary concern!

10/05/2013

Gundy R.

Electrician arrived the same day I called. Very professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. He was in uniform and had no issue going into attic with blown-in insulation that was being vacuumed out at time of his service. I had before photo and he provided after photo with full explanation. Also excellent service from office staff (Tiffany). Thank you!

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced electrical wiring in attic that was cut into by previous owner, leaving a sloppy hazardous wired circuit, which clarence electric resolved professionally. Now safely secured and to code.

10/03/2013

Carl R.

I've done business with clearances for about 5 years. He is consistently professional, the caliber of his work is excellent.. If you're going to go looking for a electric contractor, you shouldn't go any further than Clarence Electric. The only sour point I could think of is he's pricey. But then again this is California, and California is pricey. Clearance is really great, friendly, excellent disposition, always punctual, usually can get the job done in a day --- is a true professional.

Description of Work
Installed track lighting times 2. replaced an electric panel.

Category electrician,lighting

03/20/2013

Charles M.

Don't waste your time trying to contact them! Clearly this is a home-based business trying to masquerade as a more substantial company. I understand that electrical contractors do not necessarily need formal offices and staff, but do not present yourself as a "corporation" and then have your phone answered mid-day during the week as a home phone would be with a mumbled "hello," by someone who struggles to speak comprehensible English. If you can build a web site to make yourself look viable and substantial, certainly you can get a dedicated business phone number that is answered by someone who speaks clear English and understands the basic concept of customer service, or at a bare minimum, has the skills to take a message. I will be moving on to the next local electrician I can find on Angie's List, because I cannot trust the service capabilities of someone who puts up an entirely false front and makes it a literal chore to even try and contact/communicate with. UPDATE NOV 2013: My experience was in fact with Clarence Electric and occurred by dialing their stated phone number (831-394-1274). I find it even more telling that their response claims they tried to contact and follow-up with me "to no avail" when I have never heard from or received a message from anyone there. I just found out that what they did do was try and get Angie's List to remove my review claiming I had posted it to the wrong company. Fortunately, Angie's List just contacted me (which is very easy to do) to verify, which I did. Especially given that I'm not the only bad review they've received, all I can say is "buyer beware" because it looks like this company might have something to hide.

Description of Work
Attempted to contact regarding some minor home electrical work/repairs needed.

Category electrician

We are so sorry this person has experienced such a non responsive company! Fortunately we are not the company they are speaking about we have reached out to speak with this person to no avail. So we agree that such poor quality of service would not be acceptible at our company either. So we invite anyone reading this to call our office for your own piece of mind to comfirm our commitment to properly serve the familes who chose our service. Being a former service member we do not ever want anyone to fell we don't care cause we do!

02/19/2013

Jeffry H.

The job was done excellent, but the price was too much given the few parts needed and less than 2 hours to complete.

Description of Work
We had a dedicated 20 amp circuit installed in an existing breaker panel in our garage. The necessary parts were a 20 amp circuit breaker, about 35 feet of #12 wire and one 20 amp plug. The wire was pulled from one side of the garage to the other through an easily accessible crawl space above the garage. It was necessary to install a new plug box. Approximate installation time time was 2 hours with the electrician and his apprentice.

Clarence Electric Corp

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2010

1760 Fremont Blvd. Suite B-203

Seaside, CA 93955

Electrical, Landscaping, Lighting, Landline Phone, Remodeling - General, Ceiling Fans, Pool & Spa Repair.

Appliance repair.