Northwest Exteriors

Founded 1995 • With Angi since December 2005

General Remodeling

Home improvement company specializing in window replacement, doors, siding, patio covers, sunrooms, LifeRooms, retractable awnings and HVAC Systems. Many of our products are on display at our showroom located in downtown Santa Rosa at 720 Third St. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction and finest home improvement products available. We've been in business since 1995. We are Diamond Certified and are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. Our competitive pricing guarantee ensures we will meet or beat any competitor's written quotes. We have many different finance options available. Additional phone numbers - (800) 510-0007. Award winning ....

Home Living Window Fashions

At Home Living Window Fashions we believe that your home should be one of your favorite places on Earth. Everything we do is organized around helping you make that vision a reality. We offer the highest quality Shutters, Motorized Window Coverings, Retractable Awnings, Outdoor Shades, Sail Shades, and other products to help you love where you live.

Secured Builders

We are a Family Owned and Operated business with over 25 years experience. Established in 2009 we hold a General B license as well as C33 painting and RRP lead Certificate. We specialize in Remodels & Additions with all around skills and knowledge. Our # 1 Concern and Obligation is to our Customers.

Excel Custom

HI, I'm Mark at Excel Custom. We specialize in Kitchen and Bath remodels. With my 40 plus years of working with wood and design, I can customize any project. Being multi talented in many trades allows me to be present and hands on every remodel. Our goal is to Beautify homes and Build Relationships in Sonoma County!

Offers by Excel Custom on Angi

11/19/2019

Really well. They knew what they were doing. Had everything they needed. Good people.

Description of Work
Windows, kitchen, and bathrooms

Category remodeling

04/20/2017

It went great! Very professional, on time and fast.

Description of Work
I had six windows replaced. I choose the Anlin Monte Verde windows. They look and work great as advertised.

03/13/2017

Great! The entire house was finished in 3 days. Everything was left extremely clean.

Description of Work
Replacement windows fully trimmed out on the inside.

Category replacement windows

Hi [Member Name Removed], Awesome! We are glad that you are happy with our service and I assume our product. Who says home improvements have to be a nightmare:) Thank you again for the kind review. Please let us know if we can do anything in the future for you. Kelly

06/12/2014

Over all my expierance was less than satisfactory. Most of it is due to poor communication and misunderstanding. The sales person had a difficult time understanding what I wanted and also had a terrible time communicating with me and the installation dept. The installers arrived without any plans and of course did an excellent job of installing the patio wrong. The inspector never came out to inst...

Description of Work
build a 16x17 foot Elitewood patio cover. Build 2 Elitewood window awnings.

Category replacement windows,sunrooms

02/11/2014

Brad came out and did a thorough job of showing me the windows and talking about the process. He gave me an estimate on site for the Anlin DelMar window and the Monte Verde window, a lower-priced alternative. I also stopped by their showroom to see the products again, and was helped there by the receptionist. When I followed up with questions, Brad was very responsive. Their pricing was in the low...

Description of Work
I received a bid for 2 XOX replacement windows from Northwest Exteriors. The bid above is for the Anlin brand windows. My reason for choosing "B" for quality is based on my assessment of the Anlin brand compared to the Simonton brand, pursuant to my research. It isn't an assessment of the quality of Northwest as an installer, as I didn't use them.

12/04/2013

I had a very mixed experience. At first the sales representative came right over within one day of my call out and put a stat on the order. Unfortunately I had the next person that came over to assess the job do a very loose assessment which led to problems with accomplishing what the company had agreed to do. The upside is the job is done and I will probably pass the inspection tomorrow. The company does not keep track of their own schedules. I had one of the site managers call me and ask if the job was done. I was wondering why he didn't call the person in charge of the job.

Description of Work
installed two doors for fire egress

Category window installer","door installer

11/22/2013

Excellent service and quality for 2 windows in a bedroom. My Mom replaced these windows about 3 years ago from Home Depot who did not honor the warranty. The new windows look great!

Description of Work
I used Northwest Exteriors.

10/14/2013

All went fine. First a door to door sales person , and we made an appointment with an estimator. A few days later she called to confirm a couple hours before the app. She arrived on time and we came to an agreement on the job and price. Later someone showed up and measured all the windows and ordered the custom built windows. About 10 days later they called and made an app. for installation, the craftsmen arrived on time and did a wonderful job. Jack J Bradbury

Description of Work
Replaced 5 windows.

07/30/2013

Mr. Rick Pellhum, the General Manager, of "Northwest" Home Improvements, expertise, insight, and patient, courteous, professionalism and return inspection - with reviews and suggestions - were extensive and very helpful and useful in getting the non-tempered glass windows replaced and negotiating the same with the regrettable contractor we had used instead of Northwest.. Rick goes the extra mile in demonstrations of products and explanations of how things work and should be done. He takes his time and fully and objectively ticks all the boxes and covers all the bases. Once he has discussed a project proposal with you - you have been educated and really have a grasp of all the details. He fully engages you in sharing his knowledge and years of experience and the confidence that he has in his company's products, ethics, capabilities and workmanship. In hindsight now I can honestly say we should have gone with Northwest and I regret not having done so. Rick demonstrated the difference between the windows/product we ended up with, and the ones Northwest had proposed installing for us, by going out to his vehicle and bringing in an infrared lamp that when plugged in and held up to the window panes we have - versus the ones we could have had if we had contracted with Northwest Exteriors - clearly indicated an inferior product was installed by the party we went with. Rick was kind enough to outline remedial steps for me towards resolving the issues we were facing with the competitor we had gone with instead of Northwest. He gave me very sound advice. I highly recommend Rick and Northwest. In all of my dealings with him/them over the last year and to date they have always been responsible, punctual, professional, courteous and very thorough and reliable.

Description of Work
Rick Pellhum the General Manager of Northwest (the company/contractors we should have used) returned to give me another estimate for the potential replacement of a sliding glass door to our back patio. He had already come in person almost a year ago to give us an estimate for the replacement of 11 windows with energy efficient upgrade windows. He had given us an excellent bid and outstanding and very professional presentation. My son unfortunately, ended up going with another estimate/contractor who also supposedly did "dry rot wood trim repair and skylight replacements". However, it was a big mistake. Over the course of 3 months it has turned into a very long, tortured, painstaking process, with constant stalls and excuses, vague proposals & equipment e.t.a.s (estimated dates of arrival and thus availability of install materials), telephone tag games and missing follow-throughs and finally "the old bait and switch routine", and "NO SHOW" RETURNS to complete projects and address crucial missing components and come to a mutually satisfactory resolution. And last but not least a finally admitted post incompleted installation declaration that 2 windows (flanking a sliding glass door in our living room) should have been tempered glass windows but instead only regular glass windows - and not tempered glass pane windows, were installed.Which violates code and would not pass a building inspection! So now we are waiting for that other contractor - to order and then admit he has actually received, the tempered glass windows that he should have installed in the first place. So that we can proceed to getting those installed instead. Then we will have to endure 1. the wait, 2. further contact with and return by that contractor and 3. the rip out of 2 installed windows with 4 reinstall with tempered glass windows instead, which we should have gotten to begin with. ***Bottom Line is we should have gone with Northwest Exteriors and their Manager, Rick. We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble and multiple delays with a job that should have been started and completed in a timely fashion and within less than a month's time instead of stretched out over 3 to 4 months time and with our having to constantly micro-manage someone who is not getting jobs right, causing us to lose sleep, wring hands, slap heads and get 2nd opinions from other contractors and the city of Santa Rosa and the California Contractors' State Licensing Board! etc., etc. Its been a Nightmare and the Nightmare is still yet to be brought to completion and satisfactory resolution..

Category window installer","door installer

07/24/2013

It turned out well. They did a good job. I was happy with it.

Description of Work
They replaced the majority of my windows, about 9 windows and a garden window. The windows were various sizes. A couple of windows were 8x2 and another was 8x4.

Category window installer

Residential and commercial windows, doors, siding, patio covers, sun rooms, retractable awnings, plantation shutters, walk in bathtubs & cabinet refacing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available