MORRIS AUTOMOTIVE

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2005

1331 COLORADO AVE

Santa Monica, CA 90404

MORRIS AUTOMOTIVE is a AAA approved repair facility. MORRIS AUTOMOTIVE works on Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Infiniti, Mazda, Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Mini Cooper, Subaru, BMW, Hyundai, Chrysler, and GMC. Serving Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Venice and all of West Los Angeles.MORRIS AUTOMOTIVE is a member of the ASCCA, and a member of the AC Delco Total Service Support Program. We are also an ASE Blue Seal shop and have an ASE Master along with ASE certified tech's. We take pride in all of our certifications, and have attended ATI's (Automotive Training Institute) Training....

12/14/2016

RICHARD L.

They get the work done on time. Everything they tell you their going to do they do it.

01/13/2016

Kylie E.

I was in the area visiting family and decided to get an oil change from this shop. They were real polite and helpful gave my car an oil change pretty quickly at a good price. Maybe I'll keep going to the same shop for any automotive maintenance.

Description of Work
Gave my car an oil change

11/26/2015

Chris O.

My sister's car broke down on her drive back home to San Jose from visiting me in LA. I quickly checked Angie's List for some options, suggested Morris Automotive based on the reviews and she had her car towed there (only a few miles from where the car died, thankfully). Before she even arrived at the shop, the Morris associates spoke to her via phone kindly and professionally and did not talk down to her. The diagnosis took a few hours given the problem, but it was done effectively and efficiently. They completed the work on the timeline they promised and she was back on the road the next morning. Given that it was a holiday week, the story could have ended very differently. We were all very happy with the communication as well. The shop called and gave her updates during the diagnosis and let her know every step along the way what they planned to do next. The customer service was excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced the radiator, a thermostat and some belts on short notice the day before Thanksgiving. (Not sure of the cost.)

11/08/2015

Kathleen B.

Had seen this shop in the past as I've driven past it a few times, so when I needed a break change I remembered Morris Auto motive and decided to let them change my breaks. They were great never had a problem they did take take a bit more time than I thought but the job they did was excellent and they did it at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
They provided regular break change for my car

10/26/2015

Darin M.

A really great, neighborhood auto shop. I had a new timing belt installed, new brakes and a full service 120,000 mile tune-up. With exception of some brake work four yeas, this was the first significant maintenance and service ever done on my thirteen year old truck. After the tune up it drives like it was nearly new (2 months later, still so). Tightened up real nice. The cost was commensurate with the work: all in all, reasonable. But mostly I felt respected as a customer, no one was trying to pull a fast one, and I can see by their long term and positive reputation, a rare gem really. Morris Automotive are mechanics who care about the quality of their work and customer service. This builds a real business. I'll be pleased to bring them my auto work in the future.

Description of Work
Major engine work, new brakes and full service 120,000 mile tune-up.

09/01/2015

Alexander S.

Just moved down to the LA area and had to find a shop to get my brakes replaced. I was given a quote cheaper than others while looking around.The guys are Morris were great! Excellent service, great expertise and opinions. Very nice people with a very honest service.

Description of Work
Excellent service!!!

08/01/2015

Matt M.

Just came in and got an oil change at a fair price. Guys were professionals changed the oil to my car in no time thanks.

Description of Work
Got an oil change

09/17/2014

Michael G.

Sal is one of those rare auto repair guys who won't do any unnecessary work. We paid them for the diagnosis of the Service Ride Control Now message -- which could mean anything or many things! For example, responding to my phone call, my local Chevy dealer told me that it would likely require replacement of shocks, etc. as well as the pump. But based on Morris/Sal's reviews here on Angie's List, I decided to go to Morris. He expedited the service for us, since at the time the Suburban was our only vehicle. And though he warned me that the shocks & other items might be involved in the full repair, it turned out that only the pump needed replaced. I also got some free (and very good) advice regarding buying a car from Sal & his colleague at the front desk. I asked what they thought of the Toyota Prius Hybrid and they replied simply: "The best car on the road!" They described their fairly deep experience with the Prius as they maintain the SM City's fleet. And then they recommended Marina del Rey Toyota (not their nearby neighbor Santa Monica Toyota) as a good honest place to buy & get service. And they were right! MDR Toyota proved to be a great place to shop for & buy our new car. (But more on that elsewhere!) The bottom line: I will return to Sal & Morris Automotive the next time I need repairs for my Suburban (or my Prius, when the warranty runs out!) I highly recommend them

Description of Work
Replaced the air ride pump on our 2003 Chevy Suburban. Inspected the shocks and other components related to the Service Ride Control Now message we had been getting. Determined that only the pump needed to be replaced. Also made recommendations regarding a new car for my wife based on their experience with a model we were considering and also recommended the better dealer from whom to purchase it.

09/01/2014

JAMES K.

Simply put, they are very good at what they do. I have three cars all of which are serviced by Morris Automotive.

Description of Work
basic car maintenance on Toyota.

07/08/2014

Marcia B.

They did a very good job. They were very well organized and well run.

Description of Work
We've used Morris Automotive. They did a general periodic service.

06/10/2014

Jeffrey H.

We gave me a quick accurate quote over the phone, and ordered the part on a Thursday. It was in by Monday. I took it by that morning, they, had it done in a couple of hours for theprice quoted, they picked me up, the new mirror was on and it works fine. Excellent service!!

Description of Work
replaced a broken left side remote control drivers mirror

03/08/2014

Judith K.

Diagnosed the SRS warning as a problem with drivers side seat belt latch. The Acura Dealer said it might be the air bag and offered to replace it for over $800. Morris Automotive said the new seat belt would be around $200. The check engine light was for the transmission (Acura dealer offered to replace for $8000!) and referred us to Paul's transmission for repair. I cannot believe how much money we saved by accurate diagnosis(nearly $9000). Sal was great! I'm never going back to the Acura dealership in Calabasas. I waited for tests to finish, and Morris employee dropped me off at the hospital nearby for an X-Ray, then picked me up again. It was just great!

Description of Work
Ran diagnostic test on our 2002 Acura MDX. Both check engine and SRS system warning lights were on. Checked tire pressure.

Category auto repair

Thank you for your kind words. Its all in a days work here at Morris Automotive. I just glad it worked out for you. Sincerely David Morris

02/18/2014

Patricia H.

I am glad I found Morris Automotive. I believe that they are honest about what needs to be repaired/replaced and honest about the cost of the parts and labor. I took my car to Morris Automotive for the first time in February of 2013 in order to get a second opinion. I have a Buick and the Buick dealership told me I needed to fix the transmission and replace the air conditoning compressor because both were leaking oil. After all of the individual costs were added up, the total bill would be almost $2,000. However, Mr. Prasad thought that my car was too old to spend that much money on it and he recommended that I just replace the oil periodically. I took Mr. Prasad's advice--I did not have the repairs done and I stop by Morris Automotive periodically to find out if oil needs to be added to the compressor and transmission. As of now, everything seems to be fine so Mr. Prasad must have been right. (I found Morris Automotive on Angies' List--thanks Angie's List reviewers.)

Description of Work
My car stopped on me and I had it towed to Morris Automotive. Roderick Prasad said the fuel pump and fuel filter needed to be replaced and so I had them replaced. Mr. Prasad's diagnosis was correct. My car is running perfectly--no hesitations, no slowing down.

02/05/2014

Carolyn A.

Our experience was Exceptional and Wonderful! Rod/ Asst. Manager took time to discuss our concerns and after reviewing our situation recommended that we re-contact our dealer and also contact Toyota Corp. in Japan. He said that Toyota Corp. has even sent in experts from overseas to rectify specific problems. He did not want to run the diagnostic machine,( which the dealer had done), because he didn't want to charge us for a process unlikely to yield results. We are following through on his recommendations. We are highly impressed with the integrity, service and kindness shown.

Description of Work
We are having brake problems with a Toyota Avalon 2013 that our dealer can not replicate or fix. We went to get help with diagnosis of this problem.

01/21/2014

KATHY W.

Morris automotive is a first class automotive service and they care about the service they provide . The owner David Morris takes pride in his company and that is why he sends all of his Mechanics and personal to all of the training classes to keep his company up To Date with the new technology of automobiles. I Have worked with the service Writer Rod for well over 10 years now and I can always trust him, which is very hard to find at an Automobile shop . I have been thru many automobile companys and this one is a Keeper ! I took my truck to them they gave me a quote and I agreed . The truck was ready as they said it would be with no surprises . They will be taking care of our 6 vehicles from on. Thank you Morris Auto for a piece of Mind .

Description of Work
repaired the radiator system for one of our trucks .

01/08/2014

Phil W.

The work was performed two months ago, and I'm only now getting to the review! I had a bad experience trying to have my former mechanic troubleshoot a strange noise coming from my engine. He and his guys couldn't figure out the problem, even though I left the car with them for almost 3 hours. It was time to switch auto mechanics and I got the Morris Automotive info from Angie's List. When I first called, Saul was helpful over the phone in setting up a diagnosis/estimate. He told me the charge would be $50. I brought the car in at the designated time and he put Alex on the diagnosis. I decided to have them fix the initial problem (air valve). On a whim, I asked what they would charge to also fix a leak caused by old/faulty valve cover gaskets. The price they quoted to replace the valve cover gaskets was about $200 less than my previous mechanic quoted. We set up an appointment to fix both problems. I brought the car back and left it with them, requesting that Alex perform the repairs since I was impressed with him during the estimate/diagnosis. It turns out that the funny noise I was getting from the air valve was fixed with only an adjustment. Saul said they would not charge for that - only for the estimate cost (which I had to pay anyway). My old mechanic couldn't figure out the air valve problem, while Morris Automotive not only figured it out, they made the necessary adjustment for no extra charge! They had a bit of a challenge getting the old valve cover gaskets off, but they honored the estimate price. When I picked up the car, I paid exactly what they had quoted and drove off. The car purred and felt better than it has in years. The valve cover gasket oil leak was gone and so was the strange noise from the air valve. On top of that, the interior of my car had been vacuumed! Of course, all of the above impressed me and made me a Morris customer. I will continue to ask for Alex to do repairs when possible and will look forward to Saul's expertise again in setting things up. Now we are bringing my girlfriend's car there as well. Thanks Saul and Alex!

Description of Work
He replaced the valve cover gaskets on both sides and also took care of a funny noise related to the secondary air valve.

01/07/2014

JAMES K.

Replaced water pump. All other work done well.

Description of Work
Car service and maintenance

08/23/2013

BRIDGET M.

They are very dependable. I have never been dissatisfied with what they have done.

Description of Work
I used Morris automotive for an oil change and they fixed an engine manifold oil leak. They evaluated the breaks and according to the reports the next time I go in I will have to get some break work done.

08/06/2013

Ed W.

My car had been previously diagnosed by a major auto repair service as a timing belt issue. The repair facility after diagnosing the problem recommended a costly timing belt repair. I found Morris Automotive on your website and took my car in. When I arrived at Morris Automotive I only told the Sal, the Service Manager that the engine was making a rattling sound and it sounded like the engine fan was hitting against something. When Sal had my car diagnosed by his technicians, they indicated that my car rattling noise was caused by being low on motor oil and there was nothing wrong with the timing belt.

Description of Work
The provider fixed a engine problem and reset the air bag sensor light.

03/29/2013

Desire W.

They provided my with fast quality service. If my car needs any repairs I'd give them a try. They seem to know what they're doing and they treated me like I'd been one of their customers for years. Great auto-shop!

Description of Work
I brought in my Toyota Carolla for an oil change

03/12/2013

JENNIFER P.

They were very pleasant and friendly. Their price is cheaper than the dealer.

Description of Work
I used Morris Automotive for scheduled maintenance inspection on my car.

Category auto repair, car inspections

10/01/2012

Shiyoji O.

Took my daughter's 1999 Acura in as it would intermittently stop; the engine would stop. The problem was unknown and Morris advised $150 to analyze the problem, which I thought was fair considering they needed to provide diagnostics for an unknown problem. After a couple of days any a series of diagnostics, none of which identified the problem, therefore could not solve the problem and did not charge for the diagnostics as they could not determine the problem. I decided to take the care to the Acura dealer, but on the way noticed random puffs of smoke from the steering column. I happened a couple of times and notified Morris, they accepted the car upon return and advised it was what they suspected but did not want to make changes without being certain of the problem. End result they suspected the ignition switch, changed it out and fixed the problem. They only charged for the replacement. Although they did not originally find the problem, they were very fair and acknowledging not being able to find the problem, not charging for the diagnostics and charging a fair price for the replacement of the switch. A strong recommendation for their honesty and fair pricing. Thank you Sal.

Description of Work
Intermittent vehicle shutdown, resolved by replacing the ignition switch.

09/01/2012

James A.

I spoke to Sal, who said that they were busy but they would do their best to help me - and I am not kidding - I was driving away less than an hour after the tow truck dropped me off. It turned out to be a belt tensioner (sp?) had broken, so they replaced that and the belt, checked all the fluids, and were unbelievably kind and efficient. I live in Beverly Hills Hills, but I will make the trip to have all my car service done here from now on. As a bonus, there's a little diner right next door called Tulip Cafe run by a wonderful family, which is where I hung out and had a bite while I waited. Thank you Morris Automotive!!!

Description of Work
Absolutely outstanding. I drove to Santa Monica to take my daughter to the airport and about 4 miles from her place there was a 'thunk', followed by a bad smell. I ran a google search and called Morris at random, and explained the situation.

06/26/2012

Darla G.

Their estimate was accurate and they even found a way to get a better cost outcome

Description of Work
I have been coming to Morris for years and have referred friends who would not go anywhere else. They treat you fairly and honestly and you leave with a smile even after you pay your bill

12/28/2011

ROBERT S.

They are very good. I have actually used them twice within a fairly short period of time. They seem to be knowledgeable and honest. As far as I can tell, they do a good job and have a reasonable price. I would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Morris Automotive for auto service, which included repair.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Tune Ups, Oil Changes, Brake Work Transmission Services, Power Steering Flushes, Courtesy Checks, Electrical Trouble Shooting, Timing Belts, Cooling System

Smog Checks, Mufflers, Alignments