Barba Landscape & Design

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2006

All phases of landscaping from design to installation to maintenance. Locally Owner Operated by Jose Barba. No subs are used. Over 25 years of experience. Licensed/Insured/Bonded/Workman’s Compensation. May contact through email or call! Free estimates are offered for all of our services!...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+47 more images

lawn & landscaping
Fine tree pruning, Lacing.
Landscaping Project project

lawn & landscaping

4.4

4.4

lawn & landscaping (75)lawn care (35)irrigation system (32)lawn treatment (14)hardscaping (12)stone & gravel (10)hauling (10)landscape lighting (8)tree service (8)lighting (5)outdoor kitchens (2)stamped concrete (2)

12/07/2020

Christina M.

Wonderful job! Jose and his team did a really great job cleaning up my garden and yard after I had not had weekly maintenance done in a little while and my yard/garden had overgrown a bit. His team worked quickly and efficiently to get the job done. Everything looks really tidy and nice, they were also great at listening to any special requests that I had. I will definitely keep them in mind for future maintenance and also recommend them to friends and family!

Description of Work
Landscaping and garden clean up

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

11/04/2020

Steve S.

Jose and his team are professionals that follow through on what they say. We had a great experience working with Barba Landscape. Definitely recommend using them.

Description of Work
tree prining

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Great project .. lacing and pruning turned out great. Lots of sun now and a clean court yard ... thank you for the opportunity.

06/20/2020

H Allen E.

The company I contacted never contacted me.

Description of Work
repair/replacement of sprinkler system

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

05/08/2020

Kevin S.

I recently moved into a new home with an elaborate garden that has suffered from years of neglect. Jose was very responsive and helpful in deciding how to proceed with restoring the landscaping and his crew has worked diligently to help get it back to its former state. So far my experience has been that Jose and his crew go "above and beyond" to ensure customer satsifaction. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Garden cleanup and maintenance

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

We apréciate the opportunity .. and we look forward to a long and healthy relationship .. great project garden looks a thousand times better !

04/24/2020

Nancy F.

Jose and his team were easy to do business with. Jose helped scope out my plan and list of items to order. His crew was very polite and professional. They did a fast and great job with the installation. The garden looks great.

Description of Work
Install stepping stones, irrigation, prep soil for new garden area.

Category irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Review for Barba Landscape & Design - 710 Marine St, Santa Monica, CA - 38518512

[Member Name Removed] y Thank you for making us a part of your landscape project .. it turned out great and within budget .. I’m glad your happy with the results .. were very grateful

04/24/2020

Nancy F.

Description of Work
Install stepping stones, irrigation, prep soil for new garden area.

Category irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Review for Barba Landscape & Design - 710 Marine St, Santa Monica, CA - 38518514

02/26/2020

Blake C.

Jose and his team were very professional and did a great job with our backyard. I would strongly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

02/05/2020

EDWARD E.

Jose promptly answered my first call to set up a visit for the estimate. He showed up on time and provided answers to all of my questions. His son Ricky came on the appointed day with a fellow worker and all was done in one day. Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, and always returned calls immediately. Will be using him for future yard projects.

Description of Work
Drip irrigation system and trees trimmed

Category irrigation systems, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity and looking forward to a Long and healthy relationship .. very grateful , Jose

11/29/2019

deatra Y.

He came and looked at what needed to be done and I never heard from him again. A complete flake. Makes me not ever want to use Angie’s list again!

Description of Work
Sprinkler installation

Work Completed On 11/28/2019

Daters I looked through my history and I din not re call me going out to visit with you .. I’ve been on vacation for 2 weeks . There’s another barba landscape company that is NOT us ! Could possibly be them .. NOT the first time .. if there some thing I can for you I return this Tusday Dec 03

09/24/2019

Glenn D.

Would never use this guy. Very rude and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Did not have work done by Barba but the process of getting him to respond was very frustrating. He claims to have more jobs than he can handle but was rather snippy and rude with me not even promising to give me an estimate for the job I was requesting for a very long period of time.

Category garage doors

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

It just plainly didn’t work out .. I’m NOT a rude person .. client called me numerous times including Sunday morning within a few days and wanted an estimate over the phone .. which I couldn’t acomódate him .. sorry it didn’t work out

06/22/2019

donna O.

Fabulous. I have used Jose and his team for 10 years + . They are awesome.

Description of Work
Planting, maintenance, sprinkler/irrigation.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

04/18/2019

Alvaro C.

I did not hire Jose, because my job was really too small. He did give me some great advice and regamended some good products. If I ever need his services in the future I would certainly hire him.

Description of Work
Help and advice.

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

12/20/2018

Rebecca M.

Jose Barba is awesome. Even though I didn't hire him due to budget limitations, he willingly gave me a free consultation over the phone and advice on how to tend to my soil erosion. Thanks Jose!

Description of Work
Soil Erosion Retaining Wall

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

It was my pleasure :) I’m a phone call away

Patric D.

He's one of my best contractors! All the customers love him and his work.

Description of Work
He is a licensed landscaping contractor who does work for me.

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Charles N.

They always do a great job! They show up on time and do what they say they going.

Description of Work
They have done work for me for awhile.

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

MERITA F.

They do a good job -- a great job! They are conscientious, always easy to reach when I have any questions or concerns.

Description of Work
They're my regular gardeners.

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

12/13/2018

John T.

One of the best experience we have ever had with a contractor. On time, gave us exactly what we wanted, and stayed in budget!

Description of Work
Complete home landscaping

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, lighting, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

Review for Barba Landscape & Design - 710 Marine St, Santa Monica, CA - 37607118

Great project from design to installation . On time within budget and made a new friend :) can’t beet that .. we’re very grateful

12/14/2017

Jane M.

I have used them for years and I wouldn't use anyone else. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in my sprinkler system and maintained my yard.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

12/14/2017

Dayna G.

It went great. The owner Jose is very helpful and very friendly. Answered all my questions, provided great customer service and his workers were great. They replaced everything and tested every single station and reprogrammed everything and it is working perfectly.

Description of Work
Replacing valves and sprinkler heads.

Category irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

05/12/2017

C L.

I called Barba Landscaping based on the ad in my regional edition of the Angie’s List magazine. Because the company is about 20 miles away, I asked Mr. Barba to confirm it serves my area. Rather than giving me a simple yes or no, Mr. Barba asked me to pitch him my project so he could determine if it was worth his while. In light of other recent reviews, his assumption that I might be bothering him about something menial was all I needed to know.

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

he hung the phone up on me as soon as I said it depends what you need done . If he would have given me the opportunity to explain we do not do weekly maintenance in his neighborhood . But we do do design and install . He just hung the phone up and didn't have the chance to explain .

04/22/2017

Christien R.

We had made an appointment for Monday but it was a no-show. When we called, he said he had mistakenly scheduled us for Tuesday. Okay, fine, that can happen. So, we rescheduled for Thursday. Thursday comes around and it's another no-show. We call to find out what happened and he forgot about us.

Description of Work
We asked for an appraisal for landscaping for our new home

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

04/10/2017

Evangeline F.

I called them and we arranged a meeting for he 5th of April. I called them soon after I made the appointment to let them know that the appointment would not work and wanted to reschedule. I called them again asking them to call me back, but I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
I contacted them to do some work on my sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems