AJB WORKS

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2008

2461 SANTA MONICA BLVD STE C429

Santa Monica, CA 90404

4 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR LARGER JOBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE CHARGES. LICENSE #B906204. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL....

08/31/2015

Sheryl G.

Category sunrooms

12/18/2014

Sheryl G.

Description of Work
Andrew met with me and helped design and build a beautiful wooden porch. I had several objectives, a lot of big ideas and a very small budget. He listened well to the type of space, privacy and amount of shade I was aiming for along with trees I liked and other foliage ideas. He was also able to take my neighbors concerns into account that my deck not be too close to their bathroom. He infused my ideas with many of his own, greatly improving the project in numerous ways. One was by adjusting for scale so the covered porch would blend in and not look 'tall and skinny'. He also suggested I add a grape vine which not only added beauty but works exactly as he said: providing shade in summer and allowing more light in during winter. It is a very beautiful deck and 2 years later is solid as a rock. |Andrew is friendly and like able, professional and a skilled craftsman. Working with him was a pleasure. I found him trustworthy and fair, true to his |word and dedicated to provide a good quality product for the price agreed on. ( even though some of the labor demands exceeded the original estimate, he worked till it was right for no additional charge). |After seeing my deck, my landlord hired him to design and build a fence with 2 gates for the house in front. Another beautifully crafted project. |I recommend him highly. |

Category handyman service, sunrooms

04/20/2012

Elizabeth R.

My first goal for the work, really, was just to repair the wooden rotting fence for the safety factor. I don't have a lot of money to put in to landscaping and I was concerned about a huge bill, with all that work that I felt had to be done. But Andrew is a master at being creative with materials, and understands small budgets. I think he actually enjoys the challenge. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted at the beginning, and Andrew was able to work with me, advising me as we went, and estimating costs as we went, and I realized that if I was going to be doing a little work... I might as well do as much as I could. So I took my tax return and dove in! I am SO happy with the results!!

Description of Work
AJB Works did a complete overhaul of my small backyard. It was completely covered in concrete and had rotting, falling down wooden fences and crumbling concrete half walls. Andrew, with his small team, came in and broke up the existing concrete, and creatively re-used and recycled materials to create planting beds and a two level patio and garden area. They re-built and shored up the concrete walls, and then added a beautiful cedar stained wooden horizontal plank fence on top to complete the privacy wall. They used the broken concrete as pavers for the patio, and laid plumbing to the detached garage and irrigation for all the planting beds that surround the perimeter of the yard. About two years later, they came back and used a post and beam building style to build a pergola, with a sliding canvas awning and deck, that matches the wooden fence.

Category handyman service, sunrooms

10/20/2011

margie G.

Description of Work
I hired Andrew J Baillie (AJB Works) to fix a ceiling which was severely damaged from a leaking hole in the roof, as well as a similarly damaged wall. My house also had major cracks in the walls and ceilings in several rooms, from a series of earthquakes. Andrew is extremely conscientious and more than competent. He fixed everything, including a cracked wall in the older part of my house, which has beautiful plaster work that is not done anymore. He charges by the job, not by the hour, but will not leave any repair until it is perfect; and results in the three rooms Andrew repaired are quite perfect.

Category handyman service

08/12/2008

ALLANA E.

This guy has done fabulous work for me on many different occasions. There is nothing he can't do. I almost hate to share him. He does wonderful work, VERY cost effective, and extremely nice to work with. I am just amazed at how many things he can do!

Description of Work
He has done several handyman type of services.

Category handyman service

T&N Remodeling

MDN Construction

We do all kinds of home remodeling, room additions, beautiful kitchen or bathroom work, excellent interior or exterior carpentry work, hardscaping pavers or concrete.

Finesse Remodeling & Consulting Inc

In Finesse remodeling we realize that remodeling your home is a long-term investment. That is why we provide focused, tailor made individualized attention to each of the handful of projects we commit our selves to. As your partner and responsible guide, we are there for you from the first step of planning and choosing your design, through remodeling stages and until you are back comfortably and happily occupying your newly remodeled space. Since 1989, Avi B. Dov, the owner of Finesse Remodeling has been assisting Southern California home owners getting their state of the art kitchens and bathrooms, complete renovations, resort-like outdoor spaces, additions and Patios with results exceeding customer expectations. Throughout Avi's entire professional career, with hundreds of completed projects, Avi is proud to have become a master in project management which is no doubt a key for the success of any remodeling job. Finesse Remodeling is involved in the process from start to finish – taking care of every need, offering creative ideas and solutions with the support of a team of professionals, executing flawless results and going above and beyond. Avi believes in giving his clients a continuous updates of progress and schedule. What we offer to customers is a full turn key project - from case study of the project, planning, designing, setting up a budget, selecting materials, construction itself and completion of project within set schedules.

ASK FOR DETAILS

REMODELING KITCHENS & BATHS, ROOM ADDITIONS, FULL HOUSE REMODELS.