SAUFLEY ELECTRIC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since January 2009

11861 Darling Rd

Santa Clarita, CA 91390

Floyd Jefferson "Jeff" Saufley, Sole Proprietor C-10 and Class B License 603032. Jeff has over 30 years of experience as electrician, and 27 years as a licensed contractor in good standing. He specializes in residential, commercial, solar, low-voltage, including voice (telephone), data (computer network cabling), CATV (cable and satellite television wiring), CCTV (closed-circuit television), and surveillance camera system installation and wiring. Personal service and follow-through is our creed. Saufley Electric provides free written estimates, and has no trip charges or initial fees. The minimum rate for a service call (where minor repairs are made) is $120 for the first hour, and $85 per hour for any additional hours.. When you hire Saufley Electric, you can be sure that we will show up on time, do quality work with quality materials, and stay with your job until it’s finished....

08/23/2019

Dan K.

They we very professional, punctual and pleasant. I will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Electrical plugs repaired, lighting moved from wall to ceiling

06/19/2018

David H.

There was a problem with a couple of the landscape lights but they promptly returned and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Installed landscape lights and Nest doorbell.

03/23/2018

John R.

It went great the electricians were great they were nice and very friendly and I will hire them again it just took a little bit longer to find a problem than I thought.

Description of Work
Power need to be fixed and two rooms and my house

09/06/2017

Deena L.

They're the only ones that called back.

08/01/2017

L Grace D.

Great! Would definitely be working with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Misc. Electrical

05/08/2017

Eugenia M.

Thank you Donna and Jeff! Both are on top of their business. I contacted them through Angie's list and got a reply within a couple of hours and even at night time (after business hours). We scheduled an appointment for an estimate. Jeff showed up on time. He was super courteous and friendly. We got his estimate a couple of business days after his visit. We scheduled him to come out to our place. Again, he was right on time, which we appreciated very much. He did a good job installing the outdoor outlet. It took about an hour and a half or so. He took the time to do a clean and professional job. We'll hire him again for sure for any electrical need.

Description of Work
Outdoor outlet

Category electrician

Thank you for your kind words and your business, [Member Name Removed]! We are fortunate to have new customers like you, and appreciate you taking the time to tell others what you think of our company.

05/03/2017

Steven K.

Wonderful, Jeff thought through a number of problems and I am a very satisfied customer!

Description of Work
Excellent Electrician!

Category electrician

Thank you for the review. We are pleased to know that you are happy with our service!

11/02/2016

SYLVIA C.

IT ALL WENT VERY WELL. AFTER A QUICK TRIP TO THE HARDWARE STORE EVERYTHING WAS UP AND RUNNING. THE TECHNICIAN WAS VERY PLEASANT, EFFICIENT, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND WE LEARNED A LITTLE BIT IN THE PROCESS.

Description of Work
WE HAD A BAD ELECTRICAL SOCKET AND A BAD SECTION OF OUR OUTSIDE CIRCUIT BOX REPLACED.

02/04/2016

Kurt V.

After having a circuit trip, with a rather scary humming sound when attempting to reset, I started calling around. Saufley was able to get a man out same day, which was nice, because I had already taken the day off to sort this issue out and was expecting to have to take another after I gave up on the DIY diagnosis. It took a while, but the wiring on this circuit is complex - I had put a lot of time into it before they arrived. When the electrician arrived, I gave him a short account of what I had already done, and what I had already ruled out. Sometimes Pro's get dismissive when I do this, but this guy listened, let me show him, and agreed with what I had already done. This probably saved an hour. It took about 2 hours to find this issue, and again, this is due to the weird wiring in my house. But he finally had it down to a short in a gang box near the end of the run. Once identified the fix was fast, and he spent about another 30 minutes making sure that there were no further problems on the circuit.. While the total labor was a little over 3 hours, and longer than I, or the electrician originally expected the work to take. The fix was single point and absolute. There have been no further problems. Very happy over-all, and will call again.

Description of Work
Diagnose, and repair faulty wire causing breaker to trip.

01/18/2016

Mike C.

Very quickly, Jeff asked me why I wanted to rewire the house, then checked a few outlets and switches. He said everything looked great and, in his professional opinion, it didn't need to get it done. Jeff proceeded to check my attic and breaker box, all looked good. Lastly, he fixed an outlet that hadn't been working in years. Jeff's professionalism and honesty has earned him all of my future electrical business! The quotes were all free. The price to fix the outlet was his standard house call price.

Description of Work
My initial call was for a quote to rewire my house. It's an older house and has aluminum wire. I thought this was a hazard so, although I knew it was going to be expensive, I was ready to get it done.

Category electrician

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!

01/18/2016

Lewis P.

The electrician called before coming to confirm the appointment and showed up at the time agreed upon. After explaining the problem that electrical outlets were not working and that upstairs lights did not properly work. The technician who was very well versed in his trade first checked the junction box for any possible problems that may be and having verified there was none preceded to diagnose the problem with the electrical sockets. He quickly identified the problem and then proceeded to diagnose the problem with the lights. then gave me a list of parts necessary to complete the repairs, as I did then go and purchase these Items. Providing them to him he quickly replace them fixing both problems. There was an added problem with the up stair lights as it had appeared someone had miss wired those circuits and needed to properly redone, which the technician did solving the problem. I would highly recommend them and will use them in the future for other repairs or electrical appliance upgrades in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired electric sockets that did not work and fix wiring for ceiling lamps

11/20/2015

Opal W.

Saufley Electric put in ceiling heaters in our two bathrooms for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
SAUFLEY ELECTRIC

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to write a review -- we appreciate it!

06/08/2014

Trix A.

Jeff and his assistant did an exceptional job of completing the job. His labor price was fair and honest. I purchased all the materials and Jeff assisted in selecting the right recess light housing for me to buy. I will definitely call Jeff again for my future electrical work.

Description of Work
Installed 10 recess lights, 2 ceiling fans, 3 outdoor motion detectors.

Category electrician

Thank you very much, [member name removed]! We truly appreciate your business. We are happy to help you any time!

05/29/2014

Kimberly K.

Very well. I'm very happy with the work Jeff did!

Description of Work
Cleaned out rat's nest from my electric panel and made necessary repairs to my electricity then secured panel.

Category electrician

Thank you, [Member Name]! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review!

02/23/2014

Ron M.

We started having electrical problems and Jeff determined that it was our 45 year old main panel that was causing them. He made temporary repairs and then took care of everything necessary to get the job started, including getting the proper permits from the city and scheduling all appointments that were required with city inspectors and power company technicians. Problems arose due to specific city construction/electric codes regarding the grounding of the new system and also due to power company requirements for the location of the new panel box. Initially, these factors were going to require unsightly conduit to be run around the entire perimeter of the house from one side to the other. In addition, the panel location was going to have to be moved, which would have required removing some existing eight foot long framing studs, installing new studs, removing and reinstalling two other boxes (telephone and T.V. cable) that were in the way, and the removal of a large amount of stucco to accommodate this work. Jeff had numerous conversations with both the city and the power company and got them to agree to solutions that resulted in not having to run the outdoor conduit and not having to relocate the panel box. He completed the work and made sure that it passed inspection. Jeff was great to deal with. He was knowledgeable and personable. He returned all of my phone calls in a short amount of time. He kept me informed on the progress of the job. He always showed up at the scheduled time. In total, it was a great experience and I would not hesitate to use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the main electrical panel on the outside of the house.

10/04/2013

Harlan B.

Working with Jeff from Saufley Electric was a great experience. He responded to my initial email promptly and professionally and scheduled an appointment within a couple of days. He arrived on time, was professional and did a great job getting our outlets replaced promptly. They followed up our visit with a thank you email and scan of our invoice. Nice to see a professional, efficient service provider!

Description of Work
Checked and replaced multiple non-functioning electrical outlets throughout the house.

Category electrician

Thank you so much, (removed member name) for your kind words and rating. We try very hard to deliver superior service to each and every customer because each and every customer matters to us. We strive to earn your trust, and appreciate reviews from great customers like you!

09/14/2013

JOSE L.

I called Jeff and owner and explain to him what I needed to be done. He was quite familiar with what I was asking as I have used him before at my home. He knew the style of the recessed lighting. After several days, his wife e-mailed me the estimate and I went ahead and appoved it so they can order the the parts. When the parts were in, they e-mailed my back to let me know when they will be available to come and install. On the day of the install, they arrived on time and was ready with all the parts. They sized up where the lights were to go and gave me great suggestions. They had to cut some holes in the ceiling and explore since there were not electrical wiring. Marin his asssitance tried the best he can to minimize the damage on the ceiling and walls. They worked fast and very efficient, and cleaned up after. I am very pleased with the results, and they are truly professionals and knows the trade very well.

Description of Work
They installed 2 recessed lighting

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you so much for the kind words, [removed member name]! We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to having you as a customer in the years to come.

08/19/2013

Brian C.

It went good. He cleans up, shows up on time an does his work efficiently. EDIT UPDATED: Really disappointed when another electrician came over and pointed out that Jeff did not do the job to code. Our 220 outlets should have been done with 6 gauge wire when Jeff used 8 gauge. Electrician showed me in the code book. Really don't understand how people can cut corners to save a couple of dollars.

Description of Work
Jeff provide a bid for me to put a sub panel with 3 220 plugs an 6 florescent lights in my garage. He did an excellent job, worked hard, cleaned up. I had one small problem an we took note of it an fixed it. I liked his work an professionalism so I had hime do another job moving a couple of wall sockets up high for mounting my flatscreen tv's. He did that job just as good. thanks Jeff.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for your kind words, [member name removed]! We value good customers like you!

07/06/2013

DEBBIE P.

Everything went very well. I first called for an appointment. I left a message . My call was responded to the same day. Then an appt. was booked within a couple of days. Jeff came out to the house at the exact time he said he would. I had an odd size re-wired chandelier. He installed it quickly, brought all his tools , and cleaned up within 30 minutes. I couldn't ask for a better installation. This is a great company. I will be happy to call them again for the next job!!!!!

Description of Work
Jeff installed a ceiling chandelier.

Category electrician

[member name removed], thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to post on Angie's List!

06/17/2013

Arney J.

He responded very quickly to my request. He showed up on time and did the work very quickly. He also charged the price we agreed to on the phone.

Description of Work
He corrected some wiring, tracked down the incorrect circuits, and did a test on all of that in less than an hour.

Category electrician

Thank you for the review, [member name removed]! We appreciate it. Any time we can be of service to you, please let us know!

04/29/2013

John-Paul P.

Jeff and Donna were prompt in reposnding to offer the Bid. After the agreement was established , work began at the house. The work lasted longer than I expected. Jeff and his electrician were forced to return to the work site many times to finish their work. One major incident occurred while installing the home theater in the front room. While drilling in the attic, the electrician made a mistake and punctured through my stucco wall. It caused a rather large hole in eye sight of the TV. Just left and above the Television. They made a quick patch job, however, I was responsible for the paint matching for the spot. The cost of the paint and the labor was NOT covered by Saufley. Lastly, when I contacted Saufley to report of a very wobbly ceiling fan, I was told that it was my responsibilty to fix it myself. Though I paid for them for a full installation, I was told that I needed to go get a balancing kit, in which they would isntall but I woudl have to pay for the labor. I even sent them a video of the fan. This is the second incident in where Saufley could have acted in a professional manner and stood by their work.

Description of Work
I used the company to do the following work. Install a home theater and install four (4) Ceiling Fans

Category electrician

We are very sorry that (member name removed) feels this way about our work. The work was performed six months ago (October 2012) and were never informed of any of these complaints, which we would have promptly addressed. The ceiling fan in question was provided by the customer; we cannot warranty materials that we did not provide. Ceiling fans can go out of balance. We offered to re-balance the ceiling fan at our regular rates less our Angie's List discount, but (member name removed) wanted us to do this for free. When we refused to do the work for free, this complaint was listed. We would be happy to share the documentation validating our comments with anyone who may be interested.

04/16/2013

Robert M.

Jeff is professional, knowledgeable and very good at what he does. A day before Jeff arrived, we had a local electrician attempt to solve our home electrical problem, but after four hours of tinkering around the only thing he accomplish was damaging the control panels in our microwave and stove. Because of this horrible experience, my wife and I decided to look for a competent electrician in Angie?s list and found Saufley Electric. Jeff promptly came out and quickly repaired our electrical issue.

Description of Work
Jeff (Saufley Electric) identified and repaired a neutral wire outage from our circuit breaker panel to our laundry room, microwave oven and stove.

12/05/2012

Denise K.

The came by my place to look at a small electrical project. They were knowledgeable, honest, and offered different price ranges and solutions that were affordable to me. I didnt end up using them, but I would definitely recommend them for any electrical projects, because they were experts on more than one area and were easy to work with.

Description of Work
I obtained an estimate for electrical rewiring of the garage.

Category electrician

Thank you very much, Member! We hope you consider using us for your next project.

10/31/2012

CHIP R.

Jeff is an experienced electrical contractor whose work first rate. He came out and provided an estimate several hours after I originally called. I felt the estimate was reasonable and we scheduled a day for the work to be done. Jeff was on time and completed the work in short order. Everything looks great..........

Description of Work
Jeff added an exterior GFI outlet with on / off switch for a fountain.

Category electrician

Thank you! Making customers like you happy is very important to us, and we aim to please! Looking forward to working with you again someday.

10/30/2012

linda M.

As I stated above, what was promised was done with great knowledge of the job needed.

Description of Work
Jeff Saulfey put in my bucket lighting in my kitchen and also installed a whole house fan to cool the house down during the summer. He was always very professional and did wonderful work which will result in a higher home value if we would ever think of selling. He is very reasonable in his pricing and leaves the premises spotless. He is always the first person I think of or recommend to do many upgrades to our home. Linda and Andree Martin

The Plug Electric Inc.

B.K. Electric Services

Welcome to B.K. Electric Services Inc, Licensed Los Angeles Electricians. Honest,reliable, professional electricians, where superb customer service, competitive prices and most importantly friendly services is our #1 Priority! We provide Residential, Commercial and Industrial electrical services all over the Los Angeles, Orange County and San Fernando Valley areas. Our company has become a household name around the Los Angeles area. We have built many relationships with our residential customers, celebrities, public figures, small retailers and large department stores. We work closely with DWP, Edison and the Department of Building and safety to ensure that your work is being done up to the city codes. From the estimate to pulling the permits we will handle everything for your electrical project from A-Z. We offer absolutely free estimates always! Additional phone number - (310) 430-2300. Additional DBAs - B K Electric Services, B K Electric Services Inc, BK Electric Service, BK Electric Services. Family owned & operated

Electric Zone

Electric Zone prides itself on providing absolutely the highest quality Electrical and Lighting services in the entire Los Angeles Market. We are a family run business consisting of myself and 6 employees. We have been in business for 14 years. We offer free estimates for your electrical and lighting needs. MUST CALL FOR DETAILS.We guarantee you the absolute highest quality work at a very fair price! We offer 24 hour emergency service as well! Please call us today!

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Electrical, electrical repair, electrical maintenance, residential electrical, commercial electrical, industrial electrical, barn electrical, landscape electrical, low-voltage electrical, home automation, smart homes, structured cabling, telephone wiring, data wiring, cable television wiring, closed-circuit television wiring, surveillance camera systems, and alternative energy systems including photovoltaic (solar).

Fire alarm systems, burglar alarm systems, industrial motor control, programmable logic control, high voltage