EJ Plumbing

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2006

1170 Martin Ave

Santa Clara, CA 95050

Turn to EJ Plumbing for all of your Santa Clara plumbing needs. The family owned company has established itself with a great reputation thanks to the hard work of the talented plumbing experts as well as the endless list of positive reviews from valued customers. With low prices and specials, it’s no wonder that the team of dedicated technicians is the highest rated plumbing company in the area. They have received accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, a prestigious international organization that recognizes businesses for their hard work, knowledge, and memorable customer service. In addition to their numerous recognitions, the team also offers same-day emergency services for your convenience, safety, and comfort. For a satisfying plumbing service in Santa Clara and the surrounding areas, reach out to the professionals at EJ Plumbing....

plumbers (95)drain cleaning (22)water heaters (16)sewer cleaning (14)

04/05/2022

Tony M.

fix back up plumbing and they were great

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

01/26/2021

Anna D.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They sent me a guy - with a 10 year experience, as they claimed. The experience clearly did not help him, as he flooded my basement, even after I had warned him that there was water in the pipe the day before when we carefully opened it. I even showed the buckets of water that we drained previously. Then after the whole laundry was flooded with stinky stuff, he promised to clean and then told me he did not know what the problem was and he was NOT BEING PAID for making decisions.... Ah? Why did you even come then if you cannot make decisions on what has to be done? Anyway, wasted a day with them. Don't waste yours.

Description of Work
Figure out the problem with the pipe that they previously built

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

10/03/2020

Susanne S.

Job: Replaced old cast iron sewer line, trenchless, from house to city main. I got three bids, but knew immediately I would chose EJ Plumbing because of how engaged and real Jose Luis was. He came out to inspect and bid. Educated me on the whole process. He's the guy that gets the job done with his crew. Then for inspections, Benjamin and Danny step in. We passed inspections with flying colors. The yard was put back exactly as found. The only bump was West Bay Sanitation. They surprised us with a requirement to put their clean out 2ft inside our fence line. I am not delusional about regulations. I get it. But our main sewer line is in the easement 8ft behind our back fence. We've lived in our house since 1960. Nothing could be grandfathered in. You have to be approved for sewer line replacement permits with the City of Menlo Park and West Bay. Both require their own clean outs. This meant the 2 clean outs would be within 15 - 20ft of each other. One for the city 2ft from foundation, and one for West Bay 2ft inside our fence line, which put the West Bay clean out in a crap location in our yard. Danny from EJ was patient and helped me navigate. George(?) at West Bay was short and didn't want to deal with me. The only way not to have the 2nd clean out in the yard was to have a notarized West Bay form saying we cannot use their free service if we have a clog. The good news is Danny advised EJ's 25 year guarantee covered any clean out service we may need between the house and the main. We opted for the later. Thank you EJ Plumbing for being fast and efficient! The best!

Description of Work
Replace sewer line between house and city main

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

08/19/2020

Carlin B.

Sam, the repair person sent was proficient, on time, and did excellent work. The company support, Lewis especially, in dealing with the manufacturer was also excellent. After a series of bad experiences with plumbing companies, large and small, I think I have found my go-to plumber with Sam and EJ pluming.

Description of Work
Igniter not working on water hearer under warranty. Labor not covered by manufacturer.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

06/05/2020

Ryuichi M.

First, I have used EJ Plumbing for years. Most recently a several thousand dollar pipe replacement a few weeks earlier. The reason I keep going back is that their price is fair but more importantly they stood by their work. Until this last time. It was a simple bathroom sink hair clog that required snaking. I had tried clearing it myself by removing the p-trap but the clog was deeper. And the old pipe that went into the wall cracked. Everything else was fine. EJ cleared out the clog/replace the pipe for $270 and signed a 30 day warranty stating "Tested everything no leaks." Except it started leaking a few hours later. They came back the same day and tightened what was an old pop-up assembly. But it kept leaking. They had to come back for a third time the next day and charged me $200 more to replace the pop-up. To be fair they discounted $75 off the original price. But ended up paying close to $500 to simply unclog a bathroom sink and only took 3 visits over 2 days - all while not being to use the only bathroom sink in the house. Reached out to see if they would address the issue but was ignored. Will be getting quotes from other plumbers going forward. Manny reached out to me directly after I posted this review. He made it right and my high opinion of EJ Plumbing has been restored. There are lots of plumbers who can fix your problem - or at least it seems at the time. But it is those that come back when things start leaking after-the-fact (as things tend to) that will continue to get my business. That's why I'll keep using EJ Plumbing.

Description of Work
Unclogging bathroom sink

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Review for EJ Plumbing - 1170 Martin Ave, Santa Clara, CA - 38621572

01/15/2020

Lori T.

My time is valuable, I have used EJ Plumbing twice in the last 4 months and both times they arrived when they said they would, I value that. I was convinced the disposal would need replacing as I did a good job of getting it jammed. Chris came out and worked diligently to fix it and save me the cost of the replacement, hooray!

Description of Work
Repair or replace garbage disposal

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

01/06/2020

Rachel S.

Quickly, smoothly, and reasonably, especially given that they were able to get the repair done during the winter holidays.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal repair

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

09/10/2019

Ellie W.

Snakes toilet but told me I needed a new one in the near future because it’s flush was very weak. Told me I needed a new faucet.

Description of Work
Snaking a toilet, checking on a leaky faucet

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

08/10/2019

P A.

Very nice service. I have recommended them to friends.

Description of Work
Blocked bathtub drain

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

02/26/2019

David S.

Overall: I don't mind paying top dollar for quality service, especially when it comes with prompt communication, arriving as scheduled, etc, but I also expect honesty and integrity in the work performed, and options that make sense to resolve the issue. Good things I have to say: They fixed the sewer leak quickly. They arrived on time as scheduled. Very responsive. Bad: Based on the repairs done, and limited 30 day warranty, and time spent, I believe $375 is steep for approximately an hour total of their time - it only took them about 15-20 minutes to perform the repair. He spent another 15-20 minutes inspecting underneath the house and reporting on other potential future issues, which I didn't ask for/agree to or expect to effectively pay for. He offered to provide a quote to replace the entire old iron sewer pipe, but when I mentioned that I would like to know how much it would cost, because it doesn't make sense to fix the leak for $375 if I'm also going to replace the entire sewer line, he then changed directions and did not to provide an estimate for the bigger job. The job was performed by using a saws-all to cut a small 1-2 foot section of existing iron pipe out and replace it with a piece of PVC pipe and clamps. Regarding the water hammer issue on the clothes washer, he initially mentioned that hoses exist with the anti-hammer device built in, but then went out to his truck to call the boss. He then came back and offered to add anti-hammer devices in the wall valves, but that they would have to open the wall, and that they had no guarantee that the work would resolve the noise, and quoted me $275. I found anti-hammer devices that screw directly into the back of the washer or directly to the existing valves, and existing hosing, on amazon. They cost $15 each. For $30 and 5 minutes of my time, the water hammer issue has been resolved. The most concerning issue I have here is that he even mentioned a similar solution, but yet somehow switched to resolve it after speaking with his boss to a much more elaborate and expensive solution with no guarantee.

Description of Work
Fix a sewer leak and resolve a water hammer issue with our clothes washer.

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

07/27/2018

Christopher N.

They never contacted me. You said they gave free estimates. THEY DO NOT!!

Description of Work
BATH TUB FIXTURE UPGRADE

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

04/04/2018

Peter G.

Very well. Honest, courteous, helped m understand what I can do if it happens again.

Description of Work
Sink trap cleaned and unstopped plus another leaky drain repaired

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

03/06/2018

John M.

They responded promptly and Jairo completed the work in good order. the disposal installation was an add-on which he accomplished as requested.

Description of Work
P trap replaced, disposal installed

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

10/12/2017

vicki K.

efficient diagnosis and replacement

Description of Work
replace sewer lines

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

10/11/2017

Don D.

The person came on time and took a video of our drain line. The video revealed that metal sewer snake blade was lodged in the pipe. Later the same day they sent another team to remove the blade from the drain line. They also installed a larger cleanout line and repaired a cracked pipe in the wall. All of the work was completed in one day.

Description of Work
We needed a video inspection of our kitchen drain line. We have had clogging problems.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

09/29/2017

Bill W.

Everything went well. Prompt service. On time. Price was reasonable. Polite, professional plumber. I will use these folks again if/when I have additional plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Removal of old toilet. Installation of new toilet.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

08/09/2017

Terri B.

Well I priced checked, and I think I looked on Angie's list, they were highly recommended, They came soon. They were able to get here like that day.

Description of Work
Cleared the sewer line.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 08/09/2014

08/02/2017

k A.

Went as planned. Was careful to insure that clearances were appropriate for future maintenance.

Description of Work
Install an inline water filter.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

08/02/2017

Anita L.

Right away a nice lady answered and took down my information and said someone would phone tomorrow AM but instead the plumber phoned back almost immediately. He asked if it was an emergency; I said it could wait until morning so he came at 8 AM. They replaced the pipe ( about 15 ft. ) with 1 inch copper piping and even installed an extra outlet in case I would ever need it for an irrigation system. They said it would take 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. but it only took them about two. They were very careful of the rose bushes and put all back carefully.

Description of Work
The water was leaking from the water meter area near the sidewalk. I called the city as soon as I realized that i couldn't fix it. I phoned at 6:30 PM on a weekday eve and they paged their person who arrived at 7 PM. He determined that the problem was not the meter but my pipe on the far side of the meter so I needed to phone a plumber. I looked up plumbers on Angie's List because by now the water was shut off and wanted to get it fixed soon. The only plumbing company open was this one so I phoned them.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

07/26/2017

John K.

Jose and Guillermo arrived a little ahead of time, discussed the job, quoted a price and went straight to work. They finished quickly and accepted my check for the agreed amount.

Description of Work
Extend pipes for a hose bib and water heater safety valve outlet.

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

07/17/2017

Michael C.

I needed (or thought I needed) a specialized plumber to work on my insta hot water heaters. EJ called me right back and said he was happy to come out and fix them but that if I was a little "handy" I could do it. He explained to me in a great way and I fixed them both myself. How about that... a truly honest and thoughtful plumber. I'll definitely call him again if I need a plumber!

Description of Work
Insta hot water heater repair

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

06/01/2017

Linda A.

Very well. However he asked if we had a cleanout. I hesitantly said "no" but there was one. He did not look for it; he was climbing onto the roof to go through the vent when my husband called to tell me about the cleanout under the bathroom window. That saved us $200--I would have thought he'd look for it instead of taking my word for it.

Description of Work
Back toilet was clogged. I had roots in my system, so he clean it out.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017