Eco Builders & Remodeling

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2013

4.3

When you work with Eco Building & Remodeling, you'll have a world of options from which to choose. From smaller renovations to complete overhauls, we're equipped to handle it all. Choose us for your home remodeling project, and we'll take the time to understand your needs and goals. From there, we'll work to come up with creative, cost-effective solutions for transforming your home into the space you've always wanted it to be....

Jon R Crase Construction

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own.

PIE ELECTRIC

Mr Painter

Interior and exterior home painting. We assist you with choosing the right colors for your home that fit your style. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

08/28/2014

Phil L.

Description of Work
ECO Builders does high quality work but their communication needs improvement. They replaced the gutters on the house and installed two windows. The Gutters were done timely but the windows were delayed and we did not get much information. They scheduled installation without talking with us and we had to reschedule.

Category roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling

06/27/2014

Sheila K.

They came out and looked at the chimney. I had to have an architect to come out and look at it because they were not sure what the structure inside is. They were on time and they were professional. They gave the information I needed to get started.

Description of Work
Eco Builders & Remodeling gave me a bid to replace a chimney.

Category fireplaces

05/19/2014

SUSANNE M.

when the guy came in he was really nice and seemed knowledgeable. He didn't want to talk about reface at all, which is fine. At the end of the meeting, he wanted me to decide right then to sign a contract. I was just starting my interviewing contractors phase and wasn't anywhere near ready for that. And, I'd told them that on the phone when they called me (cold call) to make an appt. When I asked for a biz card, he kinda chucked the business card across the kitchen counter. I looked up the license no on the License Board and the license was newly issued in May of 2013 but he'd told me they'd been in business for 10 years. I called the number on the card, and the girl that answered said she'd have a manager call me when I inquired about the discrepancy of dates. I called again the next day and heard the same story and never received a call. Something fishy is going on and I didn't know what, but I wasn't about the find out.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel/reface quote

Category remodeling,home remodeling

03/27/2014

Sarah P.

I met with Eddie and really liked him. He told me he'd get back to me with a quote within a week. 2 weeks later nothing. I email him, call him, still nothing. I go ahead and call the office and then hear back from him within 2 hours. He tells me he tried calling me but my phone wasn't working. We then plan to meet to go over the estimate. That meeting is canceled due to his daughter being sick. We then do have a meeting to go over the estimate before he goes on vacation. We ask him if we can have some alterations made to the contract: add lighting, bathroom counter tops, subtract 1 window, get exact measurements for the kitchen island layout and line items for the costs. (We were having a hall closet remodeled to remove a coat closet & fit a full size washer dryer, removing a fireplace, a kitchen wall, new furnace, tankless water heater, new windows and a new tall custom kitchen island.) We didn't hear from him again. I did hear from the office manager? 6 weeks later to see how it went. I was really irritated because dealing with people like Eddie just wasted our time and delayed the start of our project. Anyone who is looking to remodel go to the stores you're looking to buy from and ask them for recommendations. Then get quotes from multiple people at the same time. And even if you think you've found the perfect person keep looking until you've actually signed a contract and you know the date they're going to start work.

Description of Work
Met with me twice to go over our project.

Category home remodeling

12/30/2013

Larry L.

They did a great job on all the painting. They had two guys here and it took them about four days. They were very professional, courteous, did a good job, and didn't make a mess. They came on time and wrapped it up to our satisfaction. They even did a little extra work in the kitchen and painted most of the inside of the kitchen wall that wasn't part of the contract. There were some disagreement at first. We were supposed to get some notice so that we could clear out the cabinets in the bathrooms before they started, but they came unexpectedly. Therefore, I contacted the manager and he came out and immediately straightened it out. He even offered to help us clear out the cabinets.

Description of Work
We have used Eco Builders & Remodeling. They refinished the bathroom cabinets including sanding, priming, and painting of three bathrooms. They also painted the interior of those bathrooms. They did some plumbing work to change out two shower valves that were coming out of the wall and installed two showers. They replaced two showerheads and cleaned the shower pan in one bathroom as well.

Category home remodeling,interior painters

12/17/2013

Carole W.

That estimate was too high. It was just not at all within my budget. I felt I got more from the company that I chose. The person who came out to give me the estimate was pushing the price. I think he knew that I was a very new widow. I don't know that for sure, it was just a feeling that I had. He was very pleasant and very professional but the price was just I thought out of sight. I talked to other people who have had roof done and they were amazed that he was quoting me what he was. He answered all my questions, I just wasn't comfortable with the accuracy of his suggestions and his answers.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Eco Builders & Remodeling.

12/12/2013

Malcolm P.

When he came out, we told him that we wanted to have him do a smaller job first and then we would have him do the larger project. He did not like that, so he left. He seemed to be trying to accommodate us, but could not. The fireplace did not mean that much to him, it was not custom. He was more interested in the entertainment center and the storage. The estimate was about what I expected it would be. My wife wanted the fireplace first and the storage later. If he had not gotten upset and left, she probably would have decided to go ahead and have him do the whole thing. I never heard from him again. I have no doubt that they would have done good work. They called me, I checked Angie’s List, and they had good ratings so I thought I check them out.

Description of Work
Eco Builders & Remodeling came out and did an estimate on custom cabinets and fireplace.

Category custom cabinets,fireplaces

12/08/2013

Laurel C.

The initial bid was very low, offering discounts and we were considering using this contractor. Upon further investigation, I found the cabinets he planned to use were not a high quality. I requested he rebid the job using a higher grade cabinet and asked for additional information regarding other materials he planned to use. He agreed and said he would provide the new bid by the following Wednesday. I have not yet heard from him even after contacting him via email to remind him the info was past due. I was also unable to contact the 2 references he provided. At this point I feel he no longer is interested in this job.

Description of Work
Eddie of Eco Builders provided an estimate for my kitchen remodel.

Category home remodeling

12/03/2013

Thomas J.

It went well. The crew was punctual and professional. Julian was very helpful in help us to clarify our needs. Don't know whether they are the cheapest but was satisfied over-all. Julian is always trying to sell you more services. I would get a few quotes before accepting any of them.

Description of Work
Installed stamped concrete patio, stamped concrete front paths, and poured concrete side yard. Also removed concrete slab and fire pit. Included removal of old concrete slab, fire pit, and concrete footings left over from demolition of deck.

Category patios

06/28/2013

Cheryl M.

We purchased a very old house (built in 1952) in San Jose in 2012. We decided to torn it down and have a custom build house. We were so worried about finding a good contractor (as we heard so many nightmare stories about contractors). After many interviews with many different builders, we settled with Eddie. With a remodel permit, Eddie and his team very much built everything from ground level (the only thing left from the old house is its partial foundation). The job was so big, our anxiety was so big. Each and every day after the construction started, our anxiety subsided. Eddie guided us along the way, patiently helped us to select the right material, right color (at the lowest cost). It felt like he built the house for his family, as he really put "his heart" into the job (or at least that's how we felt). Eddie and his team worked on weekend to meet deadlines, he willingly met us at late hours (after work) for discussion. He kept us up to date of what's going on, status, issues. Eddie was so meticulous (it suppose to be us, but he's much more details than us), talented, reliable, generous in his time. He went beyond his duty, he didn't care for nickle and dime, and really wanted to get everything "right". The house was done after 8 months of construction. Everyone said that was impressive, as this house is very much a 3000 sf brand new build type (5 bed, 3 bath on a 9000 sf lot). Moving into this new house, we slowly absorb the joy. We take time to look around. At each corner, we see his hard work, and still haven't see any flaw, I am talking about tiny stuffs. Everyone said the house is stunning. I'm so glad we chose him. I wouldn't know what it will be like if we chose others. But I know if we ever do it again, we would still pick Eddie and his team. Now even after the house is done, he still contacts us to see if we have any issues, or need any help while using any house's features that he put in.

Description of Work
Tore down the existing house and custom built new home

Category ceramic tile

Architects & Building Design, Builders - Homes, Cabinet Making, Cabinet Refacing/Restoration, Ceramic Tile, Decks & Porches, Doors, Drywall, Electrical, Epoxy Flooring, Fencing, Fencing - Driveway Gates, Fireplaces, Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair, Foundation Repair, Glass & Mirrors, Handymen, Hardware & Home Improvement Stores, Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing, Heating & A/C, Interior Design & Decorating, Lighting, Marble & Granite, Masonry, Painting - Exterior, Painting - In

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available