Eco Builders & Remodeling

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2013

4.3

1400 Coleman Ave Ste A22

Santa Clara, CA 95050

When you work with Eco Building & Remodeling, you'll have a world of options from which to choose. From smaller renovations to complete overhauls, we're equipped to handle it all. Choose us for your home remodeling project, and we'll take the time to understand your needs and goals. From there,

08/28/2014

Phil L.

Description of Work
ECO Builders does high quality work but their communication needs improvement. They replaced the gutters on the house and installed two windows. The Gutters were done timely but the windows were delayed and we did not get much information. They scheduled installation without talking with us and we had to reschedule.

Category roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling

06/27/2014

Sheila K.

They came out and looked at the chimney. I had to have an architect to come out and look at it because they were not sure what the structure inside is. They were on time and they were professional. They gave the information I needed to get started.

Description of Work
Eco Builders & Remodeling gave me a bid to replace a chimney.

Category fireplaces

05/19/2014

SUSANNE M.

when the guy came in he was really nice and seemed knowledgeable. He didn't want to talk about reface at all, which is fine. At the end of the meeting, he wanted me to decide right then to sign a contract. I was just starting my interviewing contractors phase and wasn't anywhere near ready for that. And, I'd told them that on the phone when they called me (cold call) to make an appt. When I asked for a biz card, he kinda chucked the business card across the kitchen counter. I looked up the license no on the License Board and the license was newly issued in May of 2013 but he'd told me they'd been in business for 10 years. I called the number on the card, and the girl that answered said she'd have a manager call me when I inquired about the discrepancy of dates. I called again the next day and heard the same story and never received a call. Something fishy is going on and I didn't know what, but I wasn't about the find out.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel/reface quote

Category remodeling, home remodeling

03/27/2014

Sarah P.

I met with Eddie and really liked him. He told me he'd get back to me with a quote within a week. 2 weeks later nothing. I email him, call him, still nothing. I go ahead and call the office and then hear back from him within 2 hours. He tells me he tried calling me but my phone wasn't working. We then plan to meet to go over the estimate. That meeting is canceled due to his daughter being sick. We then do have a meeting to go over the estimate before he goes on vacation. We ask him if we can have some alterations made to the contract: add lighting, bathroom counter tops, subtract 1 window, get exact measurements for the kitchen island layout and line items for the costs. (We were having a hall closet remodeled to remove a coat closet & fit a full size washer dryer, removing a fireplace, a kitchen wall, new furnace, tankless water heater, new windows and a new tall custom kitchen island.) We didn't hear from him again. I did hear from the office manager? 6 weeks later to see how it went. I was really irritated because dealing with people like Eddie just wasted our time and delayed the start of our project. Anyone who is looking to remodel go to the stores you're looking to buy from and ask them for recommendations. Then get quotes from multiple people at the same time. And even if you think you've found the perfect person keep looking until you've actually signed a contract and you know the date they're going to start work.

Description of Work
Met with me twice to go over our project.

Category home remodeling

12/30/2013

Larry L.

They did a great job on all the painting. They had two guys here and it took them about four days. They were very professional, courteous, did a good job, and didn't make a mess. They came on time and wrapped it up to our satisfaction. They even did a little extra work in the kitchen and painted most of the inside of the kitchen wall that wasn't part of the contract. There were some disagreement at first. We were supposed to get some notice so that we could clear out the cabinets in the bathrooms before they started, but they came unexpectedly. Therefore, I contacted the manager and he came out and immediately straightened it out. He even offered to help us clear out the cabinets.

Description of Work
We have used Eco Builders & Remodeling. They refinished the bathroom cabinets including sanding, priming, and painting of three bathrooms. They also painted the interior of those bathrooms. They did some plumbing work to change out two shower valves that were coming out of the wall and installed two showers. They replaced two showerheads and cleaned the shower pan in one bathroom as well.

Category home remodeling, interior painters

12/17/2013

Carole W.

That estimate was too high. It was just not at all within my budget. I felt I got more from the company that I chose. The person who came out to give me the estimate was pushing the price. I think he knew that I was a very new widow. I don't know that for sure, it was just a feeling that I had. He was very pleasant and very professional but the price was just I thought out of sight. I talked to other people who have had roof done and they were amazed that he was quoting me what he was. He answered all my questions, I just wasn't comfortable with the accuracy of his suggestions and his answers.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Eco Builders & Remodeling.

12/12/2013

Malcolm P.

When he came out, we told him that we wanted to have him do a smaller job first and then we would have him do the larger project. He did not like that, so he left. He seemed to be trying to accommodate us, but could not. The fireplace did not mean that much to him, it was not custom. He was more interested in the entertainment center and the storage. The estimate was about what I expected it would be. My wife wanted the fireplace first and the storage later. If he had not gotten upset and left, she probably would have decided to go ahead and have him do the whole thing. I never heard from him again. I have no doubt that they would have done good work. They called me, I checked Angie’s List, and they had good ratings so I thought I check them out.

Description of Work
Eco Builders & Remodeling came out and did an estimate on custom cabinets and fireplace.

Category custom cabinets, fireplaces

12/08/2013

Laurel C.

The initial bid was very low, offering discounts and we were considering using this contractor. Upon further investigation, I found the cabinets he planned to use were not a high quality. I requested he rebid the job using a higher grade cabinet and asked for additional information regarding other materials he planned to use. He agreed and said he would provide the new bid by the following Wednesday. I have not yet heard from him even after contacting him via email to remind him the info was past due. I was also unable to contact the 2 references he provided. At this point I feel he no longer is interested in this job.

Description of Work
Eddie of Eco Builders provided an estimate for my kitchen remodel.

Category home remodeling

12/03/2013

Thomas J.

It went well. The crew was punctual and professional. Julian was very helpful in help us to clarify our needs. Don't know whether they are the cheapest but was satisfied over-all. Julian is always trying to sell you more services. I would get a few quotes before accepting any of them.

Description of Work
Installed stamped concrete patio, stamped concrete front paths, and poured concrete side yard. Also removed concrete slab and fire pit. Included removal of old concrete slab, fire pit, and concrete footings left over from demolition of deck.

Category patios

06/28/2013

Cheryl M.

We purchased a very old house (built in 1952) in San Jose in 2012. We decided to torn it down and have a custom build house. We were so worried about finding a good contractor (as we heard so many nightmare stories about contractors). After many interviews with many different builders, we settled with Eddie. With a remodel permit, Eddie and his team very much built everything from ground level (the only thing left from the old house is its partial foundation). The job was so big, our anxiety was so big. Each and every day after the construction started, our anxiety subsided. Eddie guided us along the way, patiently helped us to select the right material, right color (at the lowest cost). It felt like he built the house for his family, as he really put "his heart" into the job (or at least that's how we felt). Eddie and his team worked on weekend to meet deadlines, he willingly met us at late hours (after work) for discussion. He kept us up to date of what's going on, status, issues. Eddie was so meticulous (it suppose to be us, but he's much more details than us), talented, reliable, generous in his time. He went beyond his duty, he didn't care for nickle and dime, and really wanted to get everything "right". The house was done after 8 months of construction. Everyone said that was impressive, as this house is very much a 3000 sf brand new build type (5 bed, 3 bath on a 9000 sf lot). Moving into this new house, we slowly absorb the joy. We take time to look around. At each corner, we see his hard work, and still haven't see any flaw, I am talking about tiny stuffs. Everyone said the house is stunning. I'm so glad we chose him. I wouldn't know what it will be like if we chose others. But I know if we ever do it again, we would still pick Eddie and his team. Now even after the house is done, he still contacts us to see if we have any issues, or need any help while using any house's features that he put in.

Description of Work
Tore down the existing house and custom built new home

Category ceramic tile

Perretti Builders

We are a General building contractor specializing in Decks, multi-level decks, hillside decks, and Louvered Pergolas. We are a Gold Contractor for Timbertech decking Materials, and TREX; member of BBBureau, Building Trading Association, and Struxure Pergola's dealer. We can make your dream deck a reality with our innovative design, high-quality materials, and unsurpassed attention to detail. Our company builds above and beyond industry standards and manufacturing specifications

Summit Deck Doctor

This is Rupert and my team at Summit Deck Doctor. We offer Deck Finishing, Deck Repairs and Deck Build within 25 miles of Los Gatos. We know you have a choice and hope you will choose us! There are three things that make us different from other contractors: LOOKS BETTER, LASTS LONGER, JOB DONE. Here’s why: 1) LOOKS BETTER. a. We avoid lap marks where two layers overlap. Not every contractor understand the import of maintaining a wet edge to avoid these dark marks on your deck. B) we stain the edges of the boards so you don’t get “zebra stripes” – very visible and distracting drips down the sides of the boards (other contractors charge extra to fix this), c) we use lots of drop cloths to avoid spills (so no more careless mess below the deck). 2) LASTS LONGER. a). We use reliable durable stains, not the cheapest ones (unlike other contractors), b) we use hybrid stains, not environmentally-unfriendly and smelly oil stains which have very poor durability. c) we apply stains in the shade or the cool of the evening to allow stain to sink in and so they last twice as long (unlike contractors who don’t seem to read the instructions on the can which say “don’t apply in sunshine”). 3). JOB DONE. a). I will be coming to give you the quote and I am the owner (unlike other contractors who send a sales guy who might make promises the company can’t keep). b) I will write up the quote then and there (no waiting a week for a contractor to type it up), c) I will be calling you every night during the work to make sure you are happy. IN SUMMARY: We put special care into refinishing your deck and handrails so they look stunning, in giving you twice the durability of other contractors, and in getting the job done efficiently. We believe we halve the cost of refinishing your deck because we apply stains in a way that doubles the durability of your deck finish which means you have it done once not twice, saving you money. WANT TO KNOW MORE? Download our 90 page book "Deckology; The Art & Science of Deck Finishing and Carpentry" which explains the refinishing and carpentry process. (Look for deckology33.pdf). WE WON’T LET YOU DOWN. We have worked on over 1000 decks, have been in business for 12 years, are accredited at A+ with the Better Business Bureau, are a Super Service Award Winner at AngiesList.com with over 50 reviews, have a 5 star rating on Yelp with over 38 reviews, and are certified by the EPA for removal of toxic finishes. We are licensed, bonded and carry workers compensation insurance for your protection. We offer Fixed Prices, which include all labor and material expenses; this gives you peace of mind with no hidden costs. Our payment schedules are all milestone-based, which means you pay only when a milestone in work is achieved, providing you with reduced risk and more peace of mind. Contracts are proper written contracts; nice and clear, and professional; how it should be. Unlike other contractors we work on your job continuously - no "dragging it out;” most jobs can be completed in 4 days' continuous work. We leave you a partial can of stain once we have finished so you know what stain we used, when it comes time to refinish the deck in the future. BEFORE YOU CALL. If you really don’t know what these things cost, then it would be helpful if you can estimate the size of your deck by pacing it out – so we can give you a ballpark estimate when you call PLEASE NOTE: Don't forget to read our reviews in both "Deck Maintenance" and "Decks and Porches" categories.

Prime Renovation Homes

‏At Prime renovation homes, our core principle is reliability. We are a small and attentive team that specializes in assessing your vision and transforming it into an exceptional project that meets your needs. From design to architecture, to engineering and completion, we will work closely with you at every step of your project to ensure that the end result is outstanding, on time and on budget. With a collective 15 years of extensive home construction experience, we look forward to the opportunity of working with you in creating the home that you envision. Whether you’re an avid home remodeler or this will be your first home construction, our goal is to provide you with the best experience from beginning to end and we welcome you to contact us

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Architects & Building Design, Builders - Homes, Cabinet Making, Cabinet Refacing/Restoration, Ceramic Tile, Decks & Porches, Doors, Drywall, Electrical, Epoxy Flooring, Fencing, Fencing - Driveway Gates, Fireplaces, Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair, Foundation Repair, Glass & Mirrors, Handymen, Hardware & Home Improvement Stores, Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing, Heating & A/C, Interior Design & Decorating, Lighting, Marble & Granite, Masonry, Painting - Exterior, Painting - In