Calvey Heating & Air

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2011

1902 Lafayette St Ste E

Santa Clara, CA 95050

Calvey Heating & Air is a family owned heating and air conditioning business serving the Peninsula and south Bay area. We specialize in central heating and air conditioning systems, heat pump systems, ducting, ventilation, roto duct cleaning and mini split ductless systems. We are experts in Custom homes, remodels and upgrading systems. Please call today for a free estimate. Additional email - info@calveyheatingandair.com....

08/09/2017

Polly B.

Fantastic! They did the work on time, quickly and efficiently AND they removed and replaced the heating vent covers without chipping paint or getting anything dirty...They did a wonderful job

Description of Work
Cleaning heating ducts and Dryer duct all on roof.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning,dryer vent cleaning

04/13/2017

SHIRLEY F.

Everything went smoothly. Workman came on time, was very professional, explained the issue and gave a very reasonable estimate (much less than the other companies that gave quotes). he returned a few days later and took care of the problem, taking photographs before and after the work. He also cleaned thoroughly all the air ducts inside the house. He used a brush a well as a vacuum and it made a big difference.

Description of Work
Repaired some heating ducts which were under the house and which had sustained some damage.

Category insulation,air duct cleaning

04/01/2017

SHIRLEY F.

I was very pleased. They were excellent. They came on time and did what they were supposed to do. He was very fair, he wasn't trying to pether, get more business like some of the other people I contacted. It was unpleasant business and he did it very efficiently, very well. He was timely and honest. It was a pleasure to work with him. He's pricing was quite reasonable. Bernie is first rate, excellent. Left the work area clean, in really good shape.

Description of Work
He checked and cleaned the ducts and repaired a broken duct and gave good information about the state of the house, he took photos in the small crawl space.

Category air duct cleaning

04/01/2017

SHIRLEY F.

He was really honest and thorough. He was really good.

Description of Work
He came out to finish the job he had previously started.

12/06/2016

Sam K.

Joe made this process so easy. We had a date scheduled for him to come out an give a quote. His office contacted me letting me know he had time earlier. He came out and checked out the house. He gave us an estimate. It was not the cheapest, but it was also not the most expensive. And the peace of mind is definitely worth it. The job took 4 days and everything was done. The guys kept the area clean and were very friendly and courteous. Both the heater and air conditioner work great. I can't recommend Joe highly enough. We were referred to him by some friends and we will definitely be spreading the word.

Description of Work
We needed a complete overhaul of our heating system. We needed a new heater, new ducting, and a new dryer vent. We also wanted to install an air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning,dryer vent cleaning

07/24/2016

David P.

A fine job in all respects. Joe Calvey came out, surveyed the house and existing furnace, and gave me a selection of options for adding air conditioning, ranging from "lift existing downdraft furnace and add condenser coil" (least expensive but not ideal due to the old age of the furnace) to a full-system replacement with different options. Our ducts were old (1960s) and not well insulated or sealed, and the furnace itself was pushing 30 years old and had already needed some repairs. I decided on a substantial upgrade: new dual-speed downdraft furnace with air conditioning, remove all the old under-floor and air-return ducts and replace with larger flex ducts, new thermostat and wiring, keep the existing in-floor grills and boots, replace the in-ceiling air return grill with a larger one to improve airflow. Full permits and leak/efficiency testing. Joe recommended standard-efficiency furnace and air conditioning, saying that the substantially higher cost of the ultra-high-efficiency units would not be a good investment considering the Bay area's mild climate and how well our house is insulated and sealed. The actual work took four days plus some follow-up. The Calvey employees and the electrical subcontractor were a pleasure to deal with - on time, efficient, friendly, polite, cleaned up the job site each day, and were scrupulous about using shoe covers when indoors to protect the floors. The whole system worked perfectly once installed - both heating and air conditioning. The new (larger and well-sealed) ducts have roughly doubled the air-flow in the back part of the house, so I expect heating this winter will be much more comfortable and efficient. The new system is much quieter than the old. The system failed the initial leak testing (which was done to the strict "complete new system" standard even though some parts of the old system were kept). Jefferson came back, found and sealed up a bunch of leaks in the old manifold and boots, and the system now passes the "new system" standard with room to spare. The Mountain View permit inspection went off without a hitch. There was an annoying whine when the air conditioning was running at full speed. We determined that this was due to air whistling in the slatted louvers in the large air-return filter/grill cover in the hall ceiling (Internet search showed that this problem is not rare). Jefferson custom-ordered a replacement "egg crate" filter cover, installed it, and the noise was completely eliminated. Joe Calvey told me that he wants his customers to be happy with what they get. In my case, he and his team delivered just that!

Description of Work
Replace furnace and air ducts. Add air conditioning unit. Do necessary electrical system improvements required.

02/25/2016

Carey D.

Bernie was there on time. He was very efficient and cleaned up after himself. Total cost was for 2 hours of work. ($135 for the first hour, an additional $100 for the second hour) He thoroughly cleaned and adjusted 7 ceiling exhaust fans in my client's house. Over the years they had gotten noticeably louder. Calvey's service quieted them down.

Description of Work
Cleaned and adjusted exhaust fans in bathrooms, laundry room, and pantry.

05/18/2015

William H.

He knows what he is doing. He conformed to the condo HOA's specifications and didn't disturb my neighbors.

Description of Work
Install a dryer vent in my 2 bedroom upstairs condo to the roof where he installed a roof jack.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,dryer vent cleaning

02/08/2015

Todd V.

Bernie said he should first diagnose the low-flow vent, because if there was a tear in any of the ducts, there'd be no sense in trying to clean them. He found that one of the rigid ducts was squished (almost flattened) and that there was a leak near the furnace. He fixed both of those problems and rescheduled the cleaning since the repairs took a few hours. I found him to be thorough, friendly, professional, and honest. I would definitely recommend Calvey Heating & Air and will use them again to do our duct cleaning next year!

Description of Work
Bernie came to do a duct cleaning and diagnose why one of my vents had such low air flow.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

11/19/2014

Lorena H.

I highly recommend Calvey Heating and Air. I explained to Joe that I wanted a modern ductless and quot;mini splitand quot; system and he had just the unit: Halcyon by Fujitsu. 18 SEER rating! No ducts! No dust being blown through ductwork and NO NOISE, at ALL. This thing is amazing. It not only cools the air in summer, it's also a heat pump in winter. I think I'm going to get rid of those gas wall heaters after all. The Fujitsu is a quiet, soft heat and just invisible in your everyday living (well, it is visible, but not obvious, and did I mention quiet?). The best part of Calvey Heating and Air are the people. Joe is an amazing guy, a straight up, honest master of his trade. He communicates clearly, promptly, regularly with the customer. Plus, he treats his people well - not just his customers. I respect that. His office manager Vikki is on top of everything. His crew (I had Hector and Jose) are just brilliant, too: on time, quiet, clean, courteous, fast, and so very professional. I have had far more exposure to contractors in the last few months since buying this older home than I ever thought I would, and by far the Calvey experience has been the best. Zero issues whatsoever. The price was really fair too. They really worked with me on that. Just love them all. I'm really impressed. They do things right, not just the expedient thing. They are the best in MV and beyond, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Description of Work
Installed mini split ductless airconditioner/heat pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Safehouse Dryer Vent Cleaning

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We have 10+ years. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

BAZ Service Refrigeration

We are proud to offer fast, friendly, affordable and reliable service and installation for both residential and commercial equipment. We have the extensive experience and expertise to troubleshoot a wide range of equipment. Air Conditioning and Heating: We provide installation, repair, and replacement services for all brands of air conditioners, gas and heat pump systems, for both residential and commercial customers. Refrigeration We provide installation, repair, and replacement services for all refrigeration brands, both residential & commercial, including: wine cellars, walk-in boxes, produce coolers, ice machines, reach-in coolers, beverage coolers, and more. Maintenance We provide air balancing, efficiency testing, and required maintenance of refrigeration, gas, A/C, and heat pump systems for residential and commercial customers. Annual Inspections We inspect electrical disconnect boxes and test capacitors for proper rating and safety, inspect condenser coils and remove debris, and monitor refrigerant for proper operating pressures. Pre-Season Inspection We inspect both indoor and condenser coils, clean or replace existing air filters as needed, as well as test thermostats for proper operation.

Attic Pros Inc

Attic Pros provide high quality, affordable and reliable attic cleaning, insulation removal & installation, rodent cleanup, rats in attic removal, squirrel in attic removal, crawl space cleaning & encapsulation services throughout San Francisco Bay Area. Why choose Attic Pros? * Licensed and Insured - all job is done by qualified professionals. * Affordable - we match competitor's pricing and give additional 5% OFF. * Guarantee - we guarantee 100% satisfaction and provide comprehensive warranty on all of our services. * Quality - we use only high quality ENERGYSTAR certified insulation materials. Visit our website to make a price inquiry and find out more information!

MasterCard, Visa, Check

Heating & A/C service, installation, repair & replacement, mini split ductless systems, air purifiers, air duct cleaning, bathroom fans, dryer vents