Your Handyman

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2008

1187 Coast Village Rd Ste I-609

Santa Barbara, CA 93108

Your Handyman & Construction is Santa Barbara's 1 stop for all types of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, tile work, drywall, assembly, remodels & additions and much more. We have a 1 hour minimum, no job is too small and our technicians are employees who have a minimum of 15 years experience, are back ground checked, wear a uniform and drive a company van. No subcontractors means you save time & money....

09/01/2017

Sascha S.

They do everything including plumbing. I don't want to talk about the cost. The people that come out know what they're doing. They're efficient, effective. They keep working. They tell you what you need to do. They're really, really good. They're gonna do the cabinet work as well. They do everything, they really do.

Description of Work
They installed a new garbage disposal, plumbing underneath the sink.

Category plumbing

04/10/2017

Pamela W.

Mark was very responsive and helped us figure out what we needed. However, the electrician who came to do the work was delayed by a day, and then was unable to finish the job in the original estimated time, so he had to come back an extra day, which made the job turn out to be more expensive than we were expecting.

Description of Work
We had under-cabinet halogen lighting fixtures replaced with LED fixtures in our kitchen.

Category electrician, handyman service

09/28/2015

Kristi S.

He showed up at 8:00am and I showed him what needed to be done. I then asked what the hourly rate was and he said $90.00 an hour, then after he started the work and I asked again to verify he then indicated that the first hour was $120.00, and when I questioned him he said well its only 30 dollars difference. It wasn't even the amount of money. I feel like he is being very sneaky and dishonest. I went back to check on him and he said he had scheduled to be at the job until 2:00pm. I feel like he was trying to drag out the job since he charges an hourly rate.

Description of Work
I needed a noisy ceiling fan repair and if not able to be repaired it needed to be replaced and oil or replace window knobs on casement windows.

Category ceiling fans

Dear (Removed member name), I am so sorry that you were unhappy with the way this job went. Please let me know if there is any way that we can make it up to you. Best Regards, Mark

08/12/2015

Stefan Th. G.

Everything went very well, nothing to report really.

Description of Work
Installed garbage disposal

Category handyman service, plumbing

12/16/2014

Michele R.

Excellent. I'm really happy with the work.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Category electrician, handyman service

11/12/2014

Christine E.

I can't say enough good things about the quality of work and overall professionalism Mark has shown. He always shows up when he says he will, he checks his work afterward and fixes it if necessary, and is pleasant to be around. We will happily continue to use him as we are doing long-overdue repairs throughout the house.

Description of Work
Mark found and installed a wrought-iron handrail for the stairs in front of our house. The previous month, he changed out all the faucets in the house and repaired the toilet and kitchen sink leaks.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, wrought iron, home remodeling

10/13/2014

William F.

Great company and owner. Honest, timely, high quality, great communication, very trustworthy.

Description of Work
Drywall, Carpentry

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service

05/17/2014

Helen H.

Excellent job, as always. Mark has done jobs--large and small-- for me for several years now, and he and his crew are simply excellent. Very responsive, professional, and reasonable. I have confidence in the product.

Description of Work
Mark sanded the rusting metal frames for the outside stairs leading up to my apt., painted them with rust-resistant paint, and then sealed connections with silicone to prevent moisture from being retained.

02/06/2014

mary E S.

I have used Mark more than once, and I have found he does excellent work and does it professionally , and he returns messages promptly.

Description of Work
Repaired broken gate and replaced broken ceramic shower soap dish

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service

Thanks [member name removed]

01/19/2014

Michele R.

Painted my front door - sanding, primer and paint. Removed door hardware and will be returning to replace the hardware once it is replated. Very neat and clean and very personable.

Description of Work
I used YOUR HANDYMAN AND CONSTRUCTION

Category house painters

Thank you for the work and I hope you enjoy your beautiful front door!

01/04/2014

Jean K.

He was very experienced, explained each item that needed fixing, a great person to have working in your house!

Description of Work
Installed drapery rods, misc. plumbing

Category handyman service

Thanks [remove member name] It was a pleasure working for you.

01/03/2014

Renee L.

This is the very reason we joined Angie's list---to hire competent people to help with items we cannot do on our own. I called owner Mark Baird and requested a visit to see the scope of work that needed to be done; before we agreed to hiring. The visit went well and we were impressed how Mark listened intently and observed/assessed the trouble areas of the house. He offered great, simple suggestions that saved us money straight away. We felt confident going forward with the first items we needed to address. Bob showed up early, ready to plan his time wisely for all the little & bigger items on the list. We were impressed at the speed and skill with which he tackled it. He started with the plumbing, as the water main would be shut off and it would not pose a problem for us during that time frame. He worked tirelessly. After lunch he went right to work on the GFI plugs. Because there would only be a few hours of daylight left (it's January and getting cooler) Bob asked if it would be okay to come in the morning to install the Entry Door. Absolutely! Bob showed up as promised and even had sawhorses set up before I even opened the door! He gave a lot of attention to the installation detail and it was quite apparent he is experienced. The Entry Door looks and functions beautifully! We feel we received a lot of value for the money spent on this job. I joked to my husband, that we should put Your Handyman & Construction on speed dial! We will be contacting Mark in the near future for more items on our punch list.

Description of Work
Replace master bathroom sink & faucet (& underside plumbing connections), installed 4 GFI plugs (includes new exterior plug), identified leak and replaced two exterior Hose Bibs (and patched stucco), capped off unnecessary water line as per home inspector's report, and Installed new Entry door and hardware (heavy slab).

Category handyman service

Thank you for the kind words!

06/27/2013

Dean W.

Mark Baird came out to look at the various jobs that we needed to be done. He estimated how long each job would take and what would be required. We were able to buy some of the materials ourselves to save some time. Bob came out and did the actual work. We were informed on how the jobs would be completed, what materials were used and what problems that did occur or could happen in the future. Both men were very professional. We will definitely use Your Handyman again.

Description of Work
Several different jobs, including installing a new door, fixing our doorbell and some tile work.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, lighting, doors

Thank you for the nice review and we really appreciate your business!

06/05/2013

Pat S.

The price was a little more in the high end. The one who came out was very efficient. He did a good job. He did what he said he was going to do. The end product was nice.

Description of Work
I had Your Handyman & Construction build the gate.

Category fencing

Thanks [removed member name]

06/03/2013

William T.

They have people who come out and do small projects, like plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and things like that. They do home and office. It worked out really well because we actually moved from where we were living. They did a very good job. It was just really helpful and the pricing was fair. They do advertising and you get little coupons, so that was the way we originally started using them. You get a certain amount off, so if whatever it is costs up to $250 you would get $50 off something like that. It worked out really well.

Description of Work
We were selling our house and had to have a number of things fixed, so Your Handyman & Construction did some plumbing, changed a thermostat, and did some things that needed to be adjusted with our furnace in our attic. They also installed a ceiling fan for us.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, ceiling fans

Thank you [member name removed]. I hope the sale of you home went smoothly.

12/31/2012

Judith G.

Comments: Mark, the owner of Your Handyman, did the job himself. He consulted with me at each phase of the work and identified internal pipes and connecting units that needed to be replaced to update the toilets and facets and related appliances that he replaced. He also obtained parts that I would not be able to shop for and purchased them to complete the work. He was supportive and was easy to talk with about the work. He also informed about the process as it was being undertaken and was able to work around the schedule of the painters in my home. He also accepted the Angie's list coupon for this job.

Description of Work
Work Description: I had the bathroom and kitchen plumbing changed. This included installing two toilets, changing the faucets and plumbing in the kitchen and in the bathrooms (3 sinks). He consulted with me in what to purchase and helped me return a broken toilet that was discovered when the box was opened. He purchased the connector material where he found rust and corrosion and reconnected all appliances.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate the work and please do not hesitate to call if we can be of any assistance.

10/24/2012

David L.

They did a great job and were highly professional. I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Your Handman & Construction repaired my kitchen cabinet.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thanks Member- we appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to post this review.

10/10/2012

Leanne N.

Jeff showed up right on time, ready to work. We started by discussing the projects, and he asked me which items were a priority, which I greatly appreciated. Jeff works very quickly and efficiently - it was a hot day, and he was in the sun, but that didn't slow him down at all. He is very knowledgeable about all aspects of home maintenance, and even gave me info and tips about what I could do to maintain my property. I felt very comfortable having Jeff on my property - he has obviously been doing construction and maintenance for a long time, and did a wonderful job on all the projects. He also let me buy the new light fixture for our tenants, while he continued to work on other projects - this was great because I could select my own fixture, and it saved me money (I didn't have to pay for Jeff's time to pick up the fixture). He also sent the used light with me so I could pick out a correct match. Since he wasn't able to tackle all my projects in one day, Jeff returned the next day to wrap things up. I received a premium service for my money - their rates are not cheap, but the quality of their work is excellent. Again, I feel that Jeff is an extremely hard and efficient worker, and I trust him with my home and in my tenants' home. And in my opinion, that trust is invaluable.

Description of Work
Jeff completed several tasks over two days in our home and in our tenant's unit: Cleaned and repaired gutters on two houses, Inspected an electrical plug in our tenant's unit, Replaced an old (and dangerous) ceiling light fixture in our tenant's unit, Replaced a 4x4 gate post, Removed and disposed of a wooden fence that was falling down, Removed four old fence post footings in a dirt driveway.

Category electrician, fencing, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

Thanks Member - we really appreciate your business!

08/11/2012

Penny G.

We had a major puddle when our washing machine emptied out onto the floor. The washer repair man found it was caused by the drain pipe in the wall breaking off, and not just from a bad washing machine hose. It had apparently been leaking a bit before that because there was quite a bit of mold in the wall behind the machine. The laundry room backed onto the family room so that there was a fair amount of drywall that the mold remediation company had to remove. We had used Your Handyman before and had found that they did an excellent job. And, because we knew that we were going to be gone most of the time that the work was being done, we knew that we could trust Jeff. The work involved replacing and painting drywall & trim, replacing the guilty drain pipe, putting the wiring back and replacing the floor and wall of our under-sink cabinet. It was easy to work out with Jeff what he would do and what we would do ourselves. We were delighted to return and find everything looking better than it had before the leak and that he had even put back our washer and dryer. We're very happy with everything he did.Mark and Jeff are punctual, friendly and professional. We plan to hire them again for a couple of upcoming projects.

Description of Work
Restoration following mold remediation for a leaky pipe in our laundry room and a second minor mold problem under our kitchen sink.

Category drywall, handyman service

Thanks Member - we really appreciate your business!

03/06/2012

Bob T.

Mark and his crew are the absolute professionals. They were punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
Gutters installed and windows repaired

Thank you. We really appreciate your business. Mark

02/08/2012

Meghan S.

i look forward to using him as a handyman since he doesn't fix heaters and Angies List had him down as fixing heating and air!

Description of Work
Again...first time trying to use Angies List and I called Mark Baird but he said he doesn't fix Heating and Air Conditioning.....He is a general handyman. He was very nice but why is he listed under Heating???? Please change this. Meghan Stoll

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The member called us looking for repair or replacement of a very specialized HVAC component; a servo activated duct baffle/diverter that an electrician had previously attempted to service. I referred her to a local HVAC contractor in Goleta whom I have worked with in the past who is better equipped to help her with this project. We do "light" HVAC work like installing a new thermostat, repairing an accessible duct, switching out registers & filters, etc. I regularly refer customers to an appropriate specialty contractor for assistance rather than possibly wasting their time and money trying to do work that we are not qualified or trained to do.

09/22/2011

Sema E.

Service person arrived precisely on time, viewed overall job and provided us with an estimate, went out and purchased necessary repair materials, returned and did the jobs immediately.

Description of Work
Service person repaired 2 bi-folding closet doors, 1 bathroom drawer, and various areas of peeling wallpaper with courtesy and efficiency.

Category handyman service, wallpaper, doors

09/15/2011

Sema E.

I spoke with the owner Mark. They will charge me $90 an hour plus 30$ service charge with a minimum of one hour. They said the job will take about 3 hours for each closet. I am interested in hiring Your Handyman & Construction, but I am going to call around for some more estimates first. I was very pleased after speaking with Mark and still am considering hiring him.

Description of Work
I called Your Handyman & Construction for an estimate on some handyman projects.

Category drywall, handyman service, wallpaper removal, doors

Thank you for contacting us. If I remember our phone conversation correctly, you are looking to upgrade the overhead rollers and tracks on your sliding bypass closet doors which would probably require about 1.5 - 2 hours per closet depending on the type & size of doors you currently have. I would happy to come to your home to take a look for a more accurate estimate and of course this would be at no charge. The new roller hard ware is very reliable and the doors will not be able to come off the track again.

07/19/2011

Carol S.

Jeff was a godsend to us who are new to the area. He discussed all the work pfojects as he went along so we knew what was happening. When he found new flaws in the electric set up he discussed options. He was a competent and steady worker. If we ever need anthing in the future I will call Your Handyman because now he is MY Handyman. thanks guys

Description of Work
there are 3 pages of services that were identified in the house inspection of the house we bought. Jeff spent 3 days solving all the problems indentified many of which were making the electric system safe and up to code, correcting the grounding, adding junction boxes and installing lights. The plumbing included replacing all the leaking angle joints of all the faucets in this 3 bath house, finding and resolving a leaking shower connection. replacing all the leaking shower heads. removing 3 walls of mirrors and preparing the walls for painting.. Adding the locks for 2 windows that were missing. Making an outdoor sink functional and attractive.He fixed a suppport board in the attic that had cracked. Relocated the irrigation controls so someone under 6 feet tall could reach and read them.

Category drywall, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water softeners, replacement windows, ceiling fans

Thank you Member for your business and for your kind words! Please do not hesitate to call if we can assist with your new home. Mark

07/08/2010

Carol V.

He was very pleasant and very thorough.

Description of Work
Mr. Handyman of Santa Barbara put some wires over the gutters that we had up to keep the leaves out.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Elite Rooter

Elite Rooter is a local licensed plumbing services company offering professional, reliable and friendly plumbers. We never charge trip fees, estimates are always free and we have special offers on drain cleaning.

Ranch Hands Construction

Contractors License #1018107 Ranch Hands is a handyman business servicing the Santa Ynez Valley and Santa Barbara County. Our purpose is to provide consistent, efficient, and dependable handyman services, with an emphasis on repairs or maintenance for your home, office, or landscape. We show up as gentlemen, clean and sober, and bring enthusiasm, passion, and gratitude to everything we do. We are honest, working men who believe that proper preparation and attention to details is the foundation for success. We lead with recovery, and are on-call for your needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

James Clifton General Contractor

We are a Restoration and Home Repair Company. We specialize in FIRE/WATER damage, DRAINAGE/French Drains, crawlspace drainage and clean out, sump pumps, attic and crawlspace insulation and Home Repairs 1. ATTIC/CRAWLSPACE INSULATION 2. HOME REPAIRS 3. RETROFITTING - EARTHQUAKE SAFETY 4. DRAINAGE/FRENCH DRAINS 5. CRAWLSPACE SYSTEMS 6. DOORS & WINDOWS 7. FUNGUS & TERMITE REPAIRS

MasterCard, Check, Visa

We do all types of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, tile, assembly, cabinetry installation-modification-repair, appliance installation, counter tops, install-repair-adjust doors, install lock sets, fencing, gates, light fixtures, ceiling fans, windows, exhaust fans, kitchen & bathroom remodels, friendly advice and much more!

appliance repair, roofing, paving.