Rainbow Landscaping

Founded 2017 • With Angi since March 2017

Residential and Commercial Hard and Soft Landscaping, Water Drainage Systems, Landscape Lighting, Sprinkler Installation and Repair, Landscape Renovation, Sod Removal, Sodding and Seeding, Retaining Walls, Stump Grinding and Removal, Yard Cleanups and Maintenance, Synthetic Grass, Brick Planters

2022 Super Service Award

202192626
This client was in the middle of renovating their new home in Costa Mesa, CA and decided to completely renovate the landscaping in their front and back yard late last year. We installed a completely new irrigation system in the front and back yard using pop-up sprinkler heads, rotors, and drip tubing. We also planted an assortment of beautiful plants, 24" trees, and privacy hedges. Along with LED outdoor lighting to illuminate the beautiful plants in the night time. Lastly we finished the project by laying approximately 5000 ft2 of fresh green sod across the front and back yard!
Landscape Renovation project

Landscape Renovation project

View project

lawn & landscaping (50)irrigation system (27)tree service (22)lawn care (20)hardscaping (13)stone & gravel (9)rototilling (2)landscape lighting (1)stucco (1)

06/25/2022

Nancy L.

Fernando came to look at the site and discuss the project. He provided a quote for materials and work. We accepted the quote and he scheduled the day and time. He was on time as were his employees. They worked diligently the entire day. The results are impressive. and professional. He speaks English, he is a licensed landscape contractor, provides Worker's Comp to his employees and understands the requirements of being a licensed contractor. He did not require a deposit for this project and we paid him when the project was completed. We are talking to him about doing additional landscaping /hardscaping for our residence. He also has a website that shows previous projects he has completed.

Description of Work
Placed decomposed granite for Bocco ball court, prepared and compacted the base, placed weed barrier, built native stone 2' high rock retaining wall along one side.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/25/2022

04/19/2022

Shadrach S.

Rainbow Landscaping did an amazing job on our yard. They put in a new lawn, flower garden, and irrigation. They also cleaned up our side yard by trimming some overgrown ferns and a tree. The plants they choose really compliment the yard and turned it from an embarrassment into a gem. The team was very responsive, listened to my vision, and then executed it beyond what I could picture. Do yourself a favor and call Rainbow for your next landscaping project.

Description of Work
landscaping and irrigation for a new lawn

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

03/24/2022

Emaad M.

Fernando and his team did an incredible job. They worked efficiently, got the job done exactly on schedule, were incredibly honest, did very clean and precise work, and provided very high quality materials. I would highly recommend Rainbow Landscaping to anyone in need of landscaping work.

Description of Work
artificial grass

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

09/27/2021

Collette G.

I met him at my house and he cut the volunteer tree. He wanted to give me two quotes. One to put gas on the stump and the other to NOT put gas on the stump. I thought that was weird but I didn't listen to my gut. I found out afterwards how seriously he overcharged me. I KNOW BETTER NEXT TIME. I have to write this to women. Ladies, please make sure your husband or boyfriend or a man is dealing with this guy. I'm a woman and I should have had my boyfriend deal with him. I KNOW BETTER NEXT TIME AND WITH THE NEXT CONTRACTOR I WILL DEFINATELY GET OTHER QUOTES NO MATTER WHAT. Also, I asked him to look at my irrigation because I thought there was a break somewhere. He checked the automatic system and watched for low pressure. He said that there was none but I kept trying to show him where I knew the break was and he said "there is no break". A few days later, my husband and I watched the irrigation cycle thru each section and located the break. What lesson learnt? Find an expert and ask them.....We will be using someone from Angie's List for this repair AFTER getting 2 or more quotes.....Lesson leaned and more wisdom for the next time.....

Description of Work
Cut narrow but tall volunteer tree

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

04/14/2021

James F.

Fernando & his crew did a great job. They paid attention to the details and cleaned up everything before leaving. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Remove grass, prepare soil, install sod

Work Completed On 04/10/2021

11/06/2020

Colleen W.

It looks beautiful, exactly what I wanted. Thank you

Description of Work
Remove shrub and put down artificial turf

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

10/22/2020

gary B.

First class. Showed up 15 minutes before scheduled time, was courteous, quick and the palms look great now. Cleaned up afterwards and were gone in about 90 minutes. Very good job, thank you.

Description of Work
Multiple palms trimmed

Category tree service

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

05/25/2020

Kim O.

Fernando is my hero. He worked on transforming our barren, weed-ridden backyard into the family oasis of my dreams. He was a pleasure to work with from his initial visit for a quote to the completion of the job, approximately 10-12 days later. He assisted me in choices at the vendors I selected for materials, is reliable, and has a great crew of guys working with him. I can't actually express how grateful I am to have found him, especially since he completed our work just weeks before COVID had us housebound. His quote fit our budget, and his work was exceptional. I highly recommend Rainbow Landscaping to anyone in need of yard beautification.

Description of Work
Complete redesign of backyard including grass and irrigation installation, tree pruning, decomposed granite installation, flagstone and ground cover, plants.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, rototilling, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

05/02/2020

Karen L.

Fernando arrived exactly when he said he would. He and his helper worked hard and did a great job. They cleaned up the area before leaving each evening. Fernando definitely knows his job and is very knowledgeable about trees and plants. His price was not low but we were glad we chose him for our project. He completed the job when he said he would even though we added some extra work. We were very happy with Fernando and Rainbow Landscaping.

Description of Work
Tree removal, hedge & vine removal, sprinkler installation, repairs to concrete block planter wall, planting of new hedges & ground cover, general trimming and weed removal.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

04/16/2020

Cindy C.

It is absolutely beautiful! The owner was working alongside his team and they were here 11-12 hours a day! They were pleasant, quiet and tidy. Cleaned up every evening!

Description of Work
Total demo of front and back yards including plants and palm tree trim. Fernando and crew replaced all our new irrigation and drip systems.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, rototilling, tree service, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

Review for Rainbow Landscaping - 2325 South Olive St, Santa Ana, CA - 38501586

10/08/2019

Michael W.

We called 3 estimates, Rainbow Landscaping responded promptly and gave a good estimate so we decided to hire them. They work very hard (almost start working from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm daily except 1 day off) , they helped us to go to buy the materials with excellent price/quality. They did a very professional job with hard-working crew, professional arrangement of sub-contractor/materials ordering/delivery..... they start the job on 7/22/2019 and completed it on 8/9/2019. We are highly recommend Rainbow Landscaping for all your landscape needs.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for Rainbow Landscaping - 2325 South Olive St, Santa Ana, CA - 38158805

10/07/2019

Brent D.

Fernando is the hardest worker. He did a great job, he is clean, he is fast, and he works hard. His prices were more than fair and I would not hesitate to hire him again or to refer him to anyone looking for tree, lawn, or landscaping work. At minimum get a bid from Rainbow!

Description of Work
6-8 large trees removed, stump and all. A massive planter and dirt was removed ( like 15 cubic yards of dirt and massive railroad ties. It was a large job). Fernando leveled it all, installed sprinklers, sod, and decomposed granite as well.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

09/28/2019

Richard S.

Made an appointment and they never show up. Never called and never follow up. So inconsiderate when we took the time off from work.

Description of Work
Resod my entire yard which is quite large.

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/18/2019

Steven S.

Very good, punctual and professional service. Very expensive.

Description of Work
Tree removal and re-landscaping

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

07/18/2019

Niki C.

After years of neglect we needed a whole new yard and Fernando and his crew did a wonderful job. First they had to remove everything including some trees, weeds and overgrown plants. Then came new sprinklers, new sod, new block wall around planter, poured concrete for a new patio and made a retaining wall. They planted almost 150 new plants, 2 trees and trimmed our existing tree. All of this only took 10 working days just like Fernando quoted (and some of those days were 12 hours long). Thank you Fernando for our beautiful yard we really appreciate it (and so do our neighbors)!

Description of Work
All new front and back yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

06/13/2019

Ricki V.

We enjoyed working with Fernando. He was highly recommended to us by family members. He was professional and prompt. He analyzed our existing landscaping for sprinkler needs, proceeded with the work, tested the sprinklers, and cleaned up so well we could not tell work was done. We have already spoken to Fernando about landscaping work in the future. Fernando also worked at my son's house in Lakewood, tearing out existing backyard landscaping, installing new sod and sprinklers, and planting a beautiful tree. We will both use Rainbow Landscaping in the future.

Description of Work
Fernando installed front and backyard automatic sprinklers.

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

05/18/2019

KEN M.

Fernando and his team are great. While other landscapers left us hanging or never called back or sent us an estimate and then wouldn't return calls, Fernando came out just a couple days after our first call. He made an estimate on the spot, then the following week went to the nursery with us all day and picked out all the plants. He was very knowledgeable on all plants, and thanks to his discount, they came out far more inexpensive than the other places we'd visited. His team dug out a foot into our yard, threw out all the bad dirt, brought a truck and filled it with better dirt, laid out a brand new sprinkler system, tons of lighting, and planted over 60 plants/trees/shrubs and so on. They did it in about 4 LONG days. And the result was great. He's not the cheapest, but in our experience, he's among the fastest and most dedicated.

Description of Work
Landscaping entire garden from scratch

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 04/07/2019

Review for Rainbow Landscaping - 2325 South Olive St, Santa Ana, CA - 37882352

04/23/2019

Corey G.

Fernando and his team performed the work flawlessly and removed all waste and debris from my house. He was very professional and courteous and his price was very competitive. I would definitely recommend him for landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Removal of multiple trees from property. Ground up stumps.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

04/17/2019

David V.

Showed up early, worked till 7:30 the first day, did everything he said he was going to do. What a change of pace to have a job done right

Description of Work
Installation of drains,repair retaining wall cap,compost for planters

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

04/10/2019

SERGE M.

Fernando was great, he was very professional and punctual. They put in a new plants and ground covering, replace the grass and rerouted the sprinkler system.

Description of Work
Landscaping front yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

02/16/2019

Catherine K.

The work was done well. The pricing seemed reasonable. The vendor appeared knowledgable - his advice seemed professionable. I am completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Various landscaping projects, removal of trees, roots removed for large shrubs, general plant cleanup

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

12/28/2018

Eric L.

Fernando is the owner and landscape professional. We asked him for a quote to remove and trim many trees and shrubs and landscaping our front yard. The Front yard had become overgrown because our gardener did not have the time or wherewithal to maintain it. Fernando gave us an estimate for the job which was quite high, but he told us he would do excellent and complete work and would maintain by coming twice a month the cut the grass and trim the trees and bushes, so we agreed on that basis. He did a good job of removing the unwanted trees and bushes. He went with us to the nursery to buy new plants and did a good job of planting and fertilizer. Afterward, he came only a few times and then stopped coming or answering my calls. In the few times he came, he charged extra for repairing sprinklers and trimming the large trees, complained he was spending too much time, changed the monthly fee to a per visit fee that increased the price about $20/month, and tried to sell me on additional high-cost services like additional tree removal. He was good on the initial job, and I would recommend him for one-time trimming/removal/landscaping, but I cannot recommend his lack of professionalism, failure to maintain the landscape as he promised, and the high prices he charges.

Description of Work
Tree and shrub removal and landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 09/01/2018