Builders Surplus Inc

Founded 1970 • With Angi since September 2005

3.8

1800 E Dyer Rd

Santa Ana, CA 92705

50 employees. Since 1969, Builder’s Surplus remains a family owned and operated business founded by Daryl Drake. Starting with just one warehouse plus our huge parking lot, we housed our own outdoor market chock full of overstocks and closeouts. Customers arrived from far and wide to take advantage

06/12/2015

Paul S.

I needed to replace a 72" double sink bathroom cabinet. Builders Surplus had a large selection and I found one that was just right. Since I had read the negative reviews, I was cautious but found that to be unfounded. The transaction was handled .I needed to replace a 72" double sink bathroom cabinet with something that would be an upgrade. Builders Surplus had a large selection and I found one that was just right. Since I had read the negative reviews, I was cautious but found that concern to be unfounded. The transaction was handled quickly and competently at the sales desk. I realized there are no returns and that you had to pay by cash, check, or debit card. That slowed me down a bit but I was comfortable with it in the end. I paid and took my receipt to the loading area to examine my new cabinet where Andre helped me. I noticed that the grain and stain looked odd on one of the four cabinet doors. Andre immediately removed the door and replaced it with one that was absolutely perfect. He went far above what I expected. I am very pleased with my purchase and recommend the company highly.

Description of Work
I purchased a 72" double sink bathroom vanity cabinet.

05/20/2013

Mark I.

I was looking for a vanity to fit in my bathroom. My bathroom is small so I was looking for a smaller vanity. They have lots of vanities in stock and you can see all their inventory. They have a nice selection and overall their items seem to be a pretty decent quality. They are not great quality, but you are not paying for great quality. Their showroom is pretty big and is worth checking out if you don't want to pay too much and don't want to wait a long time to order one. I would probably go there again if I was looking for a little bigger vanity and didn't want to pay too much. The have their items in stock so you can't customize things.

Description of Work
provider did not perform the services

04/15/2013

Dustin B.

All I can say is, save your money and go elsewhere. The selection is great, I'll give them that. And the prices are reasonable, but by no means so cheap as to make it so that you couldn't do as well elsewhere. But, the service? Awful. Employees are uninformed on basic information and can barely tell "left from right." Managers are insanely rude. The return policy is basically once you leave the store, you're stuck with it, so be sure of what you get. In short it's the kind of place you'd spend $1000 and feel like you hate yourself for it afterwards.

Description of Work
Ordered vanity, countertop and side splash.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

03/21/2013

Steven T.

Overall experience was still very good and would recommend as they have various vanity styles and selection.

Description of Work
Special ordered a bathroom vanity for the master bath. Service team was always good the several times we were there to select and pickup vanity. When the items arrived the over the john cabinet did not include the crown moulding and had to be sent back; took two weeks to be resolved.

11/10/2012

ANNE B.

We had an issue with the stone once we got it home, it had cracked in two. I contaced them regarding the issue and they were unwilling to work with us to resolve the matter or take it back.

Description of Work
We purchased a marble vanity top from them for our remodeling project.

Category marble & granite

07/16/2012

Patricia M.

Do know your color preference and bring a sample.

Description of Work
Limited counter top selection but very good product. They have a wide range in price selection. Their cabinets have a very large selection with very good prices. Do know your measurements ahead of time. They always check the merchandise on the dock for defects. Do participate in this as I do not think this is returnable.

Category countertops, furniture sales

05/30/2012

James C.

l

Description of Work
They are fantastic! I went down with a rough layout of my kitchen and some general ideas that I wanted to complete in mind, and they were able to easily draw out exactly where every piece goes. The cabinets were there cheapest ones, yet they are superior quality over most of the other suppliers that I looked at. I only have one small complaint..... The Garbage pull out that I bought to go into a specific cabinet did not fit.. I thought that was odd because we spoke about that piece. Very good experience over all and I am glad I found them.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

07/11/2010

Edward J.

The company offers products at very good value, with a good selection. The one drawback is that all sales are final, but this is well advertised and you have to carefully inspect each product before leaving. That said, I am very happy with the purchases.

Description of Work
Purchased prefabricated vanity, counter top, and two mirrors

Category countertops, glass repair, home remodeling

08/08/2009

Cheryl S.

Shopping and buying experience was exceptional. The best thing about this place is the selection and prices. My doors were $20 a piece, - which I have not seen this particular type of standard door anywhere else. Area of the warehouse was in a nice part of town.

Description of Work
Went to this place to buy bathroom vanity and bi fold doors for remodeling my bathroom. They had a very wide selection of materials at this place you could buy and take home same day. I was able to find the hard to find size vanity and bi fold doors that I needed without having to have them custom built. The help there was prompt and exceptional. The loading dock employees were also great as they insured we were getting the products in premium condition . They are not contractors and did not do work on my bathroom but was a source of materials that you could not find anywhere else in the southern california area. This is also a great place to purchase exterior doors if you should ever need it.

Category custom cabinets, furniture sales, home remodeling, doors

Thank you for the nice review, I will share this with all of our members.

07/25/2009

kim S.

This is a building supply warehouse where we found a bathroom vanity with matching large solid wood mirror in a huury. they were available on site for a reasonable price, and the quality was a higher end home depot/Lowe's. They have a great inventory and we needed the items in a hurry for project that got going faster than we had planned.

Description of Work
building supply/furniture only

Category furniture sales

Thank you for the nice review, we try hard to offer quality products at a good price.

03/25/2009

Jonathan T.

We purchased a vanity and countertop. These items remained in their boxes until installation two months later. The countertop was not the white on white (I think ultrawhite) as we made very clear at their counter. We walked the salesperson to both floor samples quite specifically to get the colors right since they were part of two different displays. My wife called Builders Surplus and was told there were no exchanges. "It's been too long. Maybe if you purchased it last week," the manager said to my wife. My wife tried to explain this wasn't an exchange: we didn't get what we purchased at all. She said he seemed rude and unhelpful. I called to see what I could do. When I asked for the manager, he looked up the invoice and told me he had "helped" my wife. He spoke to me in an unpleasant fashion. I tried explaining the situation, and he told me I received the correct item, a white with tan streaks. I told him we wanted pure white, not the two tone, but simply refused to help. I let him know I'd be telling this story to Angie's List, and he hung up. The self-identified manager (Mr. Drake, I believe) was short, rude, and made no effort to be pleasant in tone or action. This is disgraceful treatment and would suggest people stay away from this type of hostile and combative business "manager."

Description of Work
We purchased a vanity and countertop for our bathroom.

Category countertops, furniture sales

I'm sorry the purchase did not go as you had wished. You are correct in that we have a no return or exchange policy and we clearly post it around our sales counter. Miscommunication does happen on the sales floor occasionally but is quickly cleared up at the warehouse when all items are unboxed and inspected by the customers for damage and that they are getting the product they asked for. We will share your report with our management.

09/20/2005

SHERRI K.

BUILDERS SURPLUS IS A VERY INEXPENSIVE PLACE TO PURCHASE QUALITY KITCHEN AND BATHROOM CABINETS. THE SERVICE IS GREAT, THE ASSOCIATES ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND THE PROPER MEASURING OF YOUR CABINETS. IT IS CONVENIENT AND I WOULD REFER THEM TO ANYONE WANTING A BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN OR BATHROOM.

Description of Work
PURCHASED ALL KITCHEN CABINETS TO HAVE OUR OLD KITCHEN REMODELED. PURCHASED A TOTAL OF 30 CABINETS INCLUDING CROWN MOLDING.

One Week Bath

One Week Bath is an independent bathroom remodeling company serving Southern California. Since we launched in 2000, we have completed thousands of beautiful bathroom remodels in Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange County. Our mission is to eliminate the risk & stress of bathroom remodeling, making overall customer experience & beautiful design the priority. With One Week Bath, high quality doesn’t have to take forever; our typical remodels are completed in just one week. License Number - 784036.

Pro Tile Remodeling & Repairs

12 years experience our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

MODE Renovation

MODE is the remodeling company for homeowners looking for a customized, high-quality home renovation. We are a forward-thinking team optimizing and modernizing environments to suit the lifestyles and behaviors of our clients, ensuring they can not only depend on the products and services we provide but can entrust the project team to show a high degree of honesty and ownership of the project, creating pride and joy unlike any other remodeling company.

2022 Super Service Award

Furniture - Sales

In stock kitchen and bathroom cabinets, countertops, and bathroom mirrors. All cabinet choices are fully assembled and most are made in USA. Remodeling kitchen/bathrooms.

Installation, referrals, delivery.