We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Accent Awnings

Founded 1979 • With Angi since April 2005

1600 E Saint Gertrude Pl

Santa Ana, CA 92705

Accent Awnings' product line includes a wide range of types & styles of Stationary Awnings, Retractable Awnings and Solar Screens all of which are designed to fulfill the needs of our discerning customers. All of Accent's Awnings & Drop Shade Screens are custom-made to order in Southern California.

01/05/2022

Jack B.

We purchased our motorized awning from Accent Awning Company in late 2018. The 2-man installation team they sent out did an excellent job. They quickly and efficiently installed the awning in a couple of hours, placing the inside control switch and exterior connections exactly where we requested to facilitate our planned future electrical needs outside. The control lets us extend or retract or stop the awning anywhere in between with ease. From the day it was installed, it has performed flawlessly, and it continues to do so. We don’t extend it every day, but we do extend it most days. The extension and retractions motion is nearly silent; you have to listen closely to hear it. We enjoy the awning and recommend Accent Awning Company as a supplier and installer. We would certainly buy from them again if the opportunity arises.

Description of Work
Supplied and installed a 20-foot retractable awning

09/07/2021

Rajendra D.

Awnings installed have not met my expectations. I called to complain. Their sales person met with me to discuss my concerns. He told me that he would send me a proposal to address my concerns. Since then, he has not followed through. I have left multiple voicemails but no response. I paid $4,592 (lot of money) for the replacement of awnings. I am extremely disappointed.

Description of Work
Awnings installed have not met my expectations. I called to complain. Their sales person met with me to discuss my concerns. He told me that he would send me a proposal to address my concerns. Since then, he has not followed through. I have left multiple voicemails but no response. Replace aging awnings

Category awnings

Dear Sir, Shaun e-mailed your proposal two weeks ago & we received your voicemail message yesterday afternoon. Shaun wasn't working yesterday and was unable to return your call until this morning. We have your old awning and confirmed the width is the same as the new awning. You selected the smaller projection to save money & now you want a larger projection... This is possible but it isn't easy as almost all of the existing custom awning would have to be remade. We apologize for making you wait a day for a response.

04/20/2020

Joseph M.

The installation was on time and professionally done. The system blends into our existing structure well. We are pleased with the product.

Description of Work
Constru t Construct and install 2 large window shades and a 15 foot slider shade All shades were motorized. So far they work flawlessly.

08/30/2019

Jack B.

We purchased our motorized awning from Accent Awning Company in late 2018. The 2-man installation team they sent out did an excellent job. They quickly and efficiently installed the awning in a couple of hours, placing the inside control switch and exterior connections exactly where we requested to facilitate our planned future electrical needs outside. The control lets us easily extend, retract, or stop the awning anywhere in between. From the day it was installed, it has performed flawlessly, and it continues to do so. We don’t extend it daily, but we do extend it most days. The extension and retractions motion is nearly silent; you have to listen closely to hear it. We enjoy the awning and recommend Accent Awning Company as a supplier and installer. We would certainly buy from them again if the opportunity arises.

Description of Work
Supplied and installed a 20-foot retractable awning

08/29/2019

James C.

Excellent service, excellent product.

Description of Work
N/A

08/29/2019

Mary L.

They did a very professional and complete job. Well done. I had them replace the fabric on an existing awning and install a new one on a different door.

Description of Work
N/A

10/29/2018

Bill L.

Installation went great. Installer did a wonderful job with hiding electrical cable. Awning works as expected. Accent Awning provided better warranty than other companies.

Description of Work
Retractable awning over pool

06/01/2018

Janet S.

Sales person very knowledgement and professional. Custom made awning took 2 1/2 weeks and installation went well. very pleased with the product.

Description of Work
Awning spanning my12 foot patio window

09/04/2017

Robert B.

Project went well. On time and turned out well. Work done a couple of years ago. recommended them to son-in-law who did a bigger project and he is well please and he is a perfectionist who is an executive with a construction company.

Description of Work
Powered sun screen with remote control

01/16/2017

James S.

Installation went very well. 3 years later the shade and hardware still looks new. The remote control has always worked properly. They used stainless steel hardware which keeps the hardware looking new and prevents rust.

Description of Work
In 2014 we had a 13 foot wide outdoor shade (with remote control) installed at our bedroom window to keep the morning sun from shining into our room.

12/26/2016

Steven S.

Did a great job. Original fabric awning came from another company, so I thought the holes that were drilled for the frame would not match up. Turns out they figured a way to hang the awning using the existing holes in the stucco. Anyway, its been several months and several rain storms and they look great. They were not the cheapest, but after talking to other providers that either were either slow to respond or were not sure about covering up existing awning holes, I went with Accent. I was a little surprised about the 50% requirement up front before work begins (apparently California State Law for only 10% down is for larger jobs). Anyway knowing that Accent has been in business for a long time gave me confidence that they would probably do the best job on a timely basis.

Description of Work
New fabric awnings in front and back of house.

12/12/2016

Tom S.

Great. Prompt. Friendly. Good quality.

Description of Work
Awning and shade for cupola.

08/15/2016

James S.

Very well. Company uses stainless steel parts. Its been two years this month and the outside awning still looks new. We lower and raise it every day and we have not had any problems since the day it has been installed.

Description of Work
13' 4" motorized patio window awning. Needed a sunshade to block out the morning sunlight. I received a 25% discount for mentioning Angies List.

07/15/2016

My experience from my first contact til the job was completed was firstly rate start to finish. Tim my initial contact, the sales rep, Bert, Adam in Operation and the. Josh the installer and his team were polite, efficient and pleasant to deal with. All in all I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced my awning and power coated the frame.

11/18/2015

Katherine S.

The woman who answered the phone was nice and I was able to get an appointment within a few days. Unfortunately, Accent does not carry the type of product I am looking for (retractable waterproof/weatherproof awning). Clearly she did not have enough knowledge of the product line to even question whether an appointment was appropriate. Since Accent makes all of the awnings it sells, it should not be too difficult to train the phone staff. But when Jim came out, he did his best to make the appointment productive. He brainstormed solutions to my problem (rainwater ponding on my deck); smart solutions that unfortunately have already been tried and ruled out. He then remembered the name of a European company that used to make the kind of product I need, and spent some time on the computer hunting down leads. From there I was able to find a company that carries a product that will work for me.

Description of Work
Site visit.

09/24/2015

Victoria D.

We are really pleased with both the product and services. They responded promptly when we first called. Salesman was knowledgeable and offered good suggestions We had been thinking of a retractable awning and he suggested shade which works great in our space. Good selection of colors and materials. Delivered and installed right on time. We needed the sun sensor adjusted after installation and they came right out with no charge. Our shade looks great and functions perfectly

Description of Work
Installed outdoor drop shade with wind and sun sensor across patio doors

08/29/2015

Riva Nist A.

They checked the other four brackets and resealed those as well. They were courteous, thorough and hardworking on the hottest day of the summer. They even wiped down by white brackets which would be difficult for us to get up on a ladder and do. We have been happy with our awning all these years and this reinforced that we made the right decision by going with Accent.

Description of Work
We had a motorized retractable awning installed in 2000 and recovered in 2010. The screws on one of the brackets that attached to the roof had loosened and allowed water to seep in causing water damage to the eaves wood. The roofer said just reseal it which would stop the leak and we will repair when we redo the roof in a few years. So two workman came & repaired that bracket.

08/10/2015

Adam C.

After looking at several companies that do awnings and drop shades in Orange County I wound up selecting Accent Awnings for my job. They were not the lowest priced option or bid I received, they were competitively priced. Why give them the business? They gave me great advice on how to solve specific issues I was facing, and were not afraid to point out alternatives to my suggestions based on experience (rather than price). In other words, they had opportunities to sell me more expensive products but guided me instead toward the best solution. I had some trouble getting other companies to follow up after making bids. I have heard of low pressure but some were no pressure (left bids and were never heard from again). I chose to pay a few bucks more to go with Accent and was very pleased with the result. I will use them again once my HOA packet for awnings on the house is approved. This job was merely for my pool cabana.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed 4 large mechanically operated drop shades for my outdoor pool cabana.

Category awnings, window treatments

07/21/2015

Marsha-Marie B.

From the initial telephone call to installation everyone was polite, helpful and professional. I can't say enough about this great company. Have been so happy with my new awning I could leap for joy.

Description of Work
Everything

07/14/2015

Claudia B.

Came to the house and detached the roller that the old cover was attached. Used my garage as their office and attached the new cover and roller to its elements.

Description of Work
Replaced cover on retractable patio awning.

06/20/2015

Benjamin F.

We received a competitive rough estimate over the telephone and scheduled a detailed on-site visit. The company representative showed up on time, was professional and courteous, took measurements and gave us a written estimate on the spot. The estimate was better than several competitors we had checked before. He gave us a 25% discount for going through Angie's List. We signed up and he promised delivery in 4 weeks. Delivery and installation occurred within about 3 weeks. The awning looks good and operates as it is supposed to, blocking the sun and keeping our bedroom cool. We highly recommend Accent Awning.

Description of Work
Provided and installed a manually retractable awning over a bedroom window.

05/07/2015

Sally P.

It turned out great. They were on time and they were friendly. I didn't have to be home. They were neat. In fact, there was one awning that when they delivered it, it didn't fit right and they literally were back in 3 days to replace that one. I know there was an issue with one. Their price was comparable.

Description of Work
Accent Awnings replaced awnings.

04/25/2015

Ashton P.

They were very punctual. Very polite, patient and helpful. On the day of the install - the guys knew their stuff, installed and made sure it was done to our satisfaction. For the quality - their prices are extremely good. I could not find anyone who could beat them for the quality. Quality is key. These will last.

Description of Work
They installed 3 fully automatic shades. Each were 12 feet by 11 feet. They also were familiar with the needed hardware to have it integrated into my control4 home automation system. The price did include a handheld remote as well.

Category awnings, window treatments

03/24/2015

Kimberly W.

It was great. They were really good. They were very accommodating.

Description of Work
I used Accent Awnings. They were just replacing just the fabric of the awning. They were able to give samples of fabric.

08/19/2014

Robert P.

I was very pleased with there service.

Description of Work
I hired them to put in a retractable awning

JVEC, INC.

JVEC INC Electrical contractor is a small business solution provider for all electrical products and services. We have been in business for 45 years. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed customer service to all of our customers regardless of the project size.

Armes Electric Inc

We are operating under COVID-19 protocol. We offer FREE estimates & video consultations! After Hours Emergencies are available also. Please Call Owner Pete Directly (949) 292-4453. We are a family owned residential electrical company serving OC since 1991. Same employees for over 20 years! We specialize in energy efficient LED lighting, 240V electric vehicle outlets, ceiling fans, cable runs, recessed can lights, electrical panel upgrades, all troubleshooting, repairs, & remodels. Evening & weekend emergency service available. Please compare our estimates to other Work Comp/Licensed Electricians! Visit www.cslb.ca.gov. If you see a review that mentions a company having a great team, guys, or crew - They need Work Comp Coverage and shouldn't show as Exempt on CSLB! Opens up you, the homeowner, to great liability!

Western Sunset Builders

2022 Super Service Award

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    CA
    California: Contractors
    12/31/2024
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Measuring, Sale, Manufacturing & Installation of retractable awnings and stationary awnings, exterior drop shade systems, custom canopies, retractable patio awnings, retractable window awnings & awning graphics. Repairs and general service are only offered on our own factory-made products.

Cushions, umbrellas, boat covers, swing covers, pop-up canopies, tents, RV Products & repairs on awnings or shades that didn't come from our own factory.