Creative Tile Design

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2010

3803 Crow Canyon Rd

San Ramon, CA 94582

An owner operated business since 1993 with a loyal customer and referral base. Detailed and passionate with each project involved in. Most work done with a handful of employees skilled at the level they are at. Detailed contract with each job specifying exact work to be done and approximate time

Dyana E.
11/10/2014
The installation did not include sealing and waterproofing - we had to do that ourselves. In addition, we had a space between the wall and tiling due to pipes coming through the floor and I had to call him in again to seal the gap since the tile did not cover it, but he accommodated this request.
Description of Work
Installed terra cotta tiles in our bathroom - had to install a subfloor and work around fixtures and did a good job.
Kurt N.
12/19/2013
It was fine. We decided on somebody else but he was a nice gentleman and he was very professional. The quote was high. He was very prompt and knowledgeable. He was a lot of good things. It’s just that we could do better on the price. We thought he was a first class guy. There’s nothing wrong with him. Everything that he should be and he was pleasant. He knew what he was doing. He represented himself quite well.
Description of Work
Creative Tile Design gave me a quote to do floors, lighting, tiling the bathroom and doing some painting services.
Category
ceramic tile, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you [member name removed]. Maybe next time!!!!!
Marty F.
12/18/2012
He has a good eye and does good work.
Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. flooring, painting, lighting.
home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Lets get the Master Bathroom next!!!! Enjoyed very much working with both you and your wife [Member Name Removed]!!!!
Brenda C.
07/24/2012
Perfectly. Steven returned my call promptly, showed up promptly, gave me his competitive quote promptly, and then promptly scheduled the work. His workers (Roberto and assistant) showed up promptly and completed the entire project in four days from start to finish. They moved heavy furniture items I could not move on my own, put up protective plastic, removed the previous flooring, disposed of it, prepped for and installed the new flooring, grouted it, replaced and caulked the baseboards, and replaced the heavy furniture pieces. They did an excellent job all the way around.
Description of Work
Removal of a recently badly-installed porcelain plank floor and then installation of a new procelain plank floor.
ceramic tile

Thank you (Member name removed) for the kind words. If there is anything more I can do for you in the future, please dont hesitate to call. Steven
Kristjan G.
07/01/2012
Was quick to return phone calls, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.
Description of Work
Glass Tile Backsplash installation. Did a great job with making the install start and finish within one day.
ceramic tile

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. I enjoyed completing your kitchen splash. Ready for the bathroom as soon as the both of you are!!! Steven
Kathy H.
06/03/2012
The job went very well. We are really pleased with the result - it looks great! Steven was very responsive and a great communicator through the process. From first call to completed job was only about 10 days. Even though it was a small job, he gave it his professional attention. He patiently answered all our questions, and gave us options for various scenarios. His price was significantly lower than the other two bids we received. In addition, he passed through the tile cost with no mark-up. He and his helper, Rudy, were neat in their work and cleaned up carefully after themselves. It was the last piece of our kitchen remodel, and it really finished off the job in fine style.
Description of Work
The job was a ceramic tile backsplash for our kitchen - a one-day job. It was a simple 2x2 porcelain tile mosaic, with just a couple of tricky bits at each end. The surface was less than great; the old tile had been taken off, and some electrical work had been done. It was pretty uneven in places. But overall, a pretty straightforward job.
ceramic tile

Hi (Member name removed), Thank you for the kind words. IF there is anything I can do for you in the future, please dont hesitate to ask. Steven
Vivek S.
04/08/2012
Steve is just awesome in his job. We had our earlier contractor give up on us since our kitchen backsplash tiles did not arrive on time. I contacted multiple tile installation companies and some of them actually refused to install since the work was small. Among all estimates I got Steve was the best. He was not only responsive to all phone calls but also very thorough in his work. The tiles were not easy to work with since they did not interlock in the smooth-est way possible. But Steve made it work and the final work looks absolutely awesome! I would highly recommend Steve for any work that you have.
Description of Work
Installation of Kitchen backsplash tiles. These were Stone Mosaic tiles that were inter-locking.
ceramic tile, countertops
Kevin F.
02/24/2012
Steven Berman and his team with Creative Tile Design were great from start to finish. Even though we made changes and additions to the scope of the project along the way, Steve worked with us at every step to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. He started on time, arrived every day on schedule and finished the job on time and on budget Steve's biggest plus is his responsiveness. He always answers his phone, even outside business hours - he never lets it go to voice mail. Exceptionally rare these days! He was in contact just about every day to give updates or explain what was going on. Steve is also a stickler for quality. He does things the right way, not just the quick way. He treated our house like it was his own.
Description of Work
Creative Tile Design completely remodeled our two bathrooms, installing new tile floors, new tiled showers, new vanities, cabinets and toilets. Additionally, the master bathroom project required a complete layout change, moving walls/windows, adding walk-in closets, and adding a soaker tub. They also removed an outdated brick fireplace, replacing it with new tile. Creative Tile also installed a new hardwood floor, repainted the house's interior and added trim and recess lighting to the master bedroom.
Category
ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Member's where absolutely wonderful clients!!! A wonderful couple to work with. Open to ideas above there own. Trusting a contractor is hard enough these days and the trust that the Flynns put in my workers and myself to start, execute and deliver a finished project the way THEY wanted was a very refreshing experience. As always, I appreciate the very kind review and consider the Member's and there new baby, friends and clients for life.
Charles M.
08/25/2011
They were very helpful in all aspects. We did a lot of shopping a various tile stores and they displayed the most willingness to help. They also have a very large selection of tile and other materials. They provided a list of contractors to install the tile and all seemed to be very competent. In all, the best of my ceramic tile shopping experiences..
Description of Work
I went to the CTD in San Rafael and bought tile.
ceramic tile

I am a General Contractor and this review is for a Retail Tile store with a similar name as mine.
Hal J.
01/26/2011
I spent about $10000 on the tiles. I had my own designer and my own contractor, who did the job. I only purchased the tiles from this company. They were great. They were very helpful. Their tiles were expensive. They tend to carry very high-end stuff. I have no idea how to rate their price since I didn?t shop around. Also, they were just retailing the tiles; they did not have anything to do with the quality of the tiles. I will use them again in the future.
Description of Work
I purchased tiles from Creative Tile Design, four months ago.
ceramic tile

U fortunately I am a General Contractor and this review is for a Retail Tile store with a similar name!
Martin B.
07/29/2010
The price did not include appliances. His name is Steve Verman. He was very good and very professional. When he says he is going to do something he gets it done. He is a good person to deal with. I didn't research pricing but I thought it was reasonable. He did a very good job.
Description of Work
I used Creative Tile Design for a kitchen redesign and remodel. They also did the plumbing and tile.
Category
ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for the nice words. Just wanted to correct my last name. It is BERMAN
Martin B.
07/29/2010
Description of Work
I used Creative Tile Design for a bathroom redesign and remodel.
Category
ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Cartwright Painters

Cartwright Painters is locally owned and operated out of the Bay area. We specialize in exterior and interior painting, cabinet refinishing, as well as staining and drywall repair services and we know what it takes to get your home prep'd and painted to your liking. We strive to give our customers the best service experience possible. We provide attention to detail that our competitors don't offer. Our staff will leave you feeling good about opening your front door every day. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

ARC Painting Inc.

We are proud to have been in business for over a decade helping residential and commercial clients with their painting needs. We specialize in interiors, exteriors, floors, decks and much more. ARC Painting Inc., treats every project with the same attention in order to ensure that your vision is honored and your standards are met

Beyond Quality painting

Beyond Quality Painting has a very simple policy. Making every customer happy and 100% satisfied. A painting company that provides nothing but the best in customer satisfaction. We treat every home like it’s our own home. No job too small/ no job too big. Quality is very important to us. We will guide you through every step of the process. Our clients choose us for a reason.

2022 Super Service Award

Kitchen and bathroom remodels, additions, room relocation's, painting, most types of flooring, minor electrical & plumbing.

Ask for details.