Al Navarro Construction

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2013

Licensed General Building Contractor since 1999, specializing in bathroom remodeling. ***PLEASE NOTE*** Due to my current large-scale bathroom remodel project, I am unable to review any new project requests at this time. Your work request is very important to me and I look forward to working with you in the future. I will update my project status as the remodel nears completion. Thank you for your interest....

handyman (47)interior painting (12)home remodeling (12)electrician (12)door installation (10)woodworking (9)lighting (9)drywall (9)plumbers (7)tile installation (7)house painting (5)window replacement (4)

03/02/2020

William L.

I've worked with Al and am delighted with the results. His quality of craftsmanship, professionalism, and insights are outstanding. He listens to what the customer wants, describes clearly the plan, and then completes on time. I highly recommend Al for any projects you may have.

Description of Work
Remodel spare bedroom into home office, and several small projects.

Category closet systems, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

02/20/2019

kathleen B.

We have hired Al for multiple projects over the years. His quality and craftsmanship is truly impressive. He is easy to work with, always flexible for changes to our requirements. He researches products prior to starting work, offers options, and will customize as necessary to give us the best fit for our needs.

Description of Work
Install NEST video doorbell/camera system, outdoor step lights, wall-mount televisions

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

11/05/2018

June M.

I contacted Al about installing an over-the-range microwave oven, after being told by a previous installer that it could not be done without removing the brick backsplash. Not only did Al install it, but did so without removing or damaging the bricks. On the same day, he also installed a new kitchen faucet and LED light over the sink. I highly recommend Al. He is prompt, very neat, trustworthy, and easy to communicate with. I would certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
Installation of microwave oven, kitchen faucet, light fixture.

Work Completed On 11/03/2018

07/15/2018

Lisa H.

Al did an excellent job. He was professional yet familiar. He ensured he was meeting our needs and that the vision we had was coming to life. If he was unable to make it, he was always in communication to let us know.

Description of Work
Build a custom shed

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

07/06/2018

Gail B.

At first things were fine. He did a number of the items on my list efficiently, and did a good job. I liked him. Then, when it came time to complete the job including the interior painting, we agreed that he would come back at the end of January to complete things. After a week, he had only completed a small portion of the remainder of the work, and then informed me that he could only give me a couple more days as he had to go on to another project. This was the first that he had mentioned that he would not be able to complete all of the work at that time. I informed him that if he could not complete the job, I would find someone else. I also told him that I thought he was unprofessional for not completing my job before going on to another job. He proceeded to tell me, very loudly and angrily, how professional he was and claimed that he never committed to completing my job. He told me that part of the reason he had difficulties was because my house was "filthy" and covered in cat hair, to which he was allergic. We discussed that I had cats before he started the job, and he did not have any issues or complaints before then. Long story short, he called me back to tell me that he did not think that we could work together any more and left me with a bathroom only partially painted, light fixtures unhung, and my master bedroom with all of my furniture piled in the center and covered in plastic, with just a coat of primer on the walls. Then he billed me for more than he had completed, and supplies he bought in anticipation of a job that he quit. I'm sorry, but that does not meet my definition of a professional. It's too bad, because the work that he did complete was mostly well done. Also, when I went out to hire other providers to complete the work that he did not finish, I got lower prices on everything.

Description of Work
Various odd jobs around a newly purchased home including hanging new light fixtures, repairing patio door, changing bathroom faucets, patching drywall, hanging pictures and interior and exterior painting.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

05/31/2018

Felicity B.

Excellent job - fast worker, neat and clean , courteous and friendly, washed hands before handling curtains, made recommendations that improved the outcome . Very pleasant experience. Will definitely use again .

Description of Work
Door repair, install curtain rod & hang curtains

Work Completed On 05/26/2018

04/06/2018

richard M.

Every project Al completed on time and with quality. His written estimates were spot on and he is a trustworthy and knowledgeable licensed contractor. He takes pride in doing the right job for the client.

Description of Work
Kitchen and laundry room floor tile floor installation. Window removal with wall replacement. Entire house ceiling popcorn removal. Deck wood replacement with Trex. Flat TV wall mount install. Fireplace brick work.. Kitchen ceiling lighting enhanced.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

02/24/2018

richard M.

Al has done all types of construction for us the last eight years like painting, masonry, tile floors, popcorn ceiling removal, deck replacement, crown molding, window removal and wall framing. He is always on time and prepares detailed bills and keeps work area neat and cleans up after each work day. He is extremely trust worthy and knowledgeable and conscientious about his projects. He delivers a quality job every time.

Description of Work
Paint Kitchen walls

Work Completed On 02/21/2015

02/09/2018

Mike K.

Great! Al was professional and thorough. I thought it was going to be a quick fix to do the job, and Al showed me how it needed to be done correctly. He could have easily done it my way and I would have had a huge issue later, but he was honest and showed us what needed to be done. We will absolutely have him do other work for us in the near future. We highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replacement of support beam by front door

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

01/27/2018

Kevin S.

Al came on time, worked quickly but with attention to detail, and is reasonably priced. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and honest. Very refreshing for contractors who are in very high demand for this area. I would hire him again in a heartbeat and will recommend him to all my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet/sink replacement/plumbing

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

11/13/2017

Raja K.

Al did a great job in repairing the damage and replacing the shower, tub and toilet along with re-tiling the shower/tub enclosure. Great quality and craftsmanship. Al was great to work with and we highly recommend him

Description of Work
Bathroom repair - replace tub, shower doors, shower fixtures, toilet, re-tile shower area, repair flooring damage

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

10/04/2017

Kathleen M.

Al was friendly, prompt, thorough, and clean with this job. He was efficient through the entire installation process and paid attention to detail. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Installation of walk-in closet system from EasyClosets.com

Category closet systems, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

09/29/2017

Dan S.

I was pleased with everything Al has done and that's why I have continued to call him for all my jobs.

Description of Work
Over the years I've used Al for 4 jobs that included: 1) Enlarging a cabinet cut out to accommodate a new oven. 2) A bathroom remodel. 3) Replacing a wall mount kitchen faucet in my mother's home. 4) Adding trim to the exterior of my garage.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/28/2017

Catherine M.

Al is always extremely professional and responsive. He gives us bids in a timely manner, shows up on time, and completes the work as agreed upon. He went out of the way to make the timing of the venting work align with our re-roofing project. Every time he comes out we are already planning what we can have him do during his next visit.

Description of Work
He has done a variety of work for us: fixing venting for bathroom and exhaust fans that had been installed incorrectly, building storage in our garage, and installing a barn door.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

06/21/2017

Joe D.

Al did a great job. He was careful as he had to modify the size of the hole in my door.

Description of Work
Doorknob replacement

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

05/02/2017

Katherine S.

The closet tracks needed replacement because the house had old tracks whose parts were no longer available. Al was great in being transparent and honest about his availability, cost of the supplies, and the cost of the labor. He showed up when he said he was going to show up. He was also a great resource for referrals for other services and professional in providing balanced commentary - not "bad mouthing" other businesses. And he didn't try to get me to pay for other services that I didn't ask for. I would definitely hire him again and plan on doing so for other things needing fixing.

Description of Work
I had some sliding closet doors that were running off track and needed to have them replaced.

Category closet systems, handyman service

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

05/01/2017

Sue L.

Everything went smoothly; absolutely no problems and good advice as well.

Description of Work
Al repaired damage done to two rooms from water damage due to washing machine leak. New insulation, drywall, texturing, paint. Re-hung doors, moved appliances, fixed laundry sink cupboard, reconnected plumbing.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/01/2017

Heidi V.

From start to finish Al was prompt, responsive, neat, knowledgeable and very detail oriented. He returned phone calls, texts and emails quickly and would even let us know if he was going to be delayed due to having to get supplies, etc. He made sure he cleaned up the job site every day when he left, including vacuuming, if necessary. I am so thankful we now have a go-to handyman/contractor. We will definitely be using Al again and are already looking forward to him installing new light fixtures in our home and remodeling our second bathroom.

Description of Work
Al just finished up with our master bedroom remodel and we couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/28/2017

Review for Al Navarro Construction - PO Box 2636, San Ramon, CA - 34541239

02/26/2017

ANTONIO A.

Work went very well. Al got the work done in the estimated amount of time. He was right on time to start work. The door looks and works great. The work looks very professionally done.

Description of Work
Installation of door between family room and garage.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 02/18/2017

01/28/2017

Willard A.

Outstanding results once again. We chose Al because we'd been so impressed with his previous work, and he's definitely the right person when you want great results. Every time I look at the workmanship of the tile work he did, I see something new that impresses me. The lines are absolutely straight and everything flows together so well that it's almost unnoticeable just how expertly it was installed. That's an amazing accomplishment in a 1971 house where there are no perfect angles or lines! He's a genuine craftsman with an amazing work ethic. He will remain our "go-to" guy on projects that require excellent results.

Description of Work
Repair and new tile to upstairs master bath. Remodel of downstairs bath, and complete remodel and tile to shower.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/16/2017

12/14/2016

Colleen D.

Al's work is top-notch. Shelves are sturdy, the shed sides are a perfect match (he even primered them for me), and he mounted a light in the attic space after installing the access door. He is prompt, neat, and friendly. He discussed options for each project with me to make sure his ideas matched mine. Whether he was positioning the tissue holders in the bathrooms or designing shelving, I was involved in each step so there were no unpleasant surprises (for either of us).

Description of Work
I had a laundry list of chores from small jobs like replacing a corner protector and a shower door bumper to building shelves, installing a ceiling fan and an attic access door, and replacing two sides of my shed.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

11/17/2016

Bryan B.

Al was very responsive via phone and text messaging. He came out to inspect the job (on a Sunday morning, no less), then replied that night with a description of the situation, a suggested approach, and estimated cost. He arranged his schedule to do the work within our accelerated timeframe and did a fantastic job. All the while, Al was friendly, very knowledgable, thorough, and kept me updated regularly via texts. The final cost was at the bottom end of his reasonable estimate. We're very satisfied with hiring Al to do this work. My takeaway impressions are that Al is trustworthy, knowledgeable, and really cares about the result. We'll definitely keep him in mind for future work.

Description of Work
We needed a modification to the natural gas line in our kitchen, behind our range. This was required for delivery/installation of a new gas range. Installers from the appliance retailer had requested the gas line be shortened, moved away from the floor, and a new shutoff valve be installed closer to the wall. The existing pipework was an ugly mess.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

10/13/2016

Patti C.

We changed our minds on the project requirements and never built what he estimated for us

Description of Work
Al came within 24 hrs to estimate the job . He was easy to communicate with and listened well. I got my estimate within 4 days. Estimate was medium-high price and nicely detailed. .

Category contractors, home remodeling