Rafael Floors Abbey Carpet Center

Founded 1957 • With Angi since June 2010

822 W Francisco Blvd

San Rafael, CA 94901

Additional phones - (415) 669-4944, (415) 456-3782, (415) 258-9412.

10/06/2015

Richard T.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote on new kitchen vinyl flooring. They were very punctual & professional and carried nice material. Trouble is that the quote was far far higher than the outfit we did go with.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

04/01/2014

Barbara D.

The service was great. They were helpful and prices were good. I went to two other flooring places in San Jose and they were definitely the best. The quality seems great.

Description of Work
We just ordered a bunch of flooring from Rafael Floors Abbey Carpet Center.

Category flooring contractor

03/08/2014

Bridget O.

Great. All services, from initial measuring to ordering and installation were prompt, professional, and efficient. Great people to work with - very willing to answer questions and work with our needs. I appreciated their and quot;can-doand quot; attitude and follow through.

Description of Work
Installed new carpet.

12/13/2013

Mitchell S.

Overall it was good and they did a good job. I would recommend getting a written estimate and making sure that you are very clear on exactly what you want them to do. You need to make sure they understand what you are going to do to prep the area; in other words, moving furniture out the way and all that. We had a little confusion about that. It was okay because they did note on their estimate that it was something I was supposed to be responsible for. Be sure there is no confusion about that. It was a little bit pricey.

Description of Work
I used Rafael Floors to put in some carpet.

07/16/2012

CHARLES C.

I own a rental home, and after the previous tenants left, the carpet in some areas was quite damaged and needed replacement. However, the identical carpet in the connecting living area and other bedrooms did not need replacement. So I needed someone to look at the situation, and find a new replacement carpet that was as close as possible to the old carpet, and come up with an installation strategy and carpet selection that would make it look like the old and new carpet was one continuous piece. I had not dealt with the company before, and wasn't sure what to expect. George from Rafael Floors came out, and was exactly on time for the visit and estimate. He was easy to deal with and very positive. I was concerned that this small job was going to get second-rate treatment, but it was the opposite: I got absolutely top-quality, royal treatment on this relatively small job. I had some leftover bits of carpet from the previous installation, and was able to give George a small piece to take back to the store to find a close replacement, which I think was a big help. I live out of town, and the rest of the process needed to take place by telephone. This was no problem, and George was very accommodating and easy to deal with both by phone and email. He had selected 3 choices, and since I couldn't personally be there, I had to depend on him and the staff to make the best choice. On the installation day, the installer arrived a little ahead of schedule, but that worked out fine. I used to work in a furniture/carpet store, and knew what to look for. I was very impressed with the carpet installation people, both attitude and quality of work. And I was equally impressed that they had found carpet that was 99%+ identical to the old carpet. This meant that casual, normal viewing of the old and new carpet appeared to be one continuous piece, and by careful selection of the transition point from new to old carpet, I doubt anyone could tell even if they knew what to look for. Very impressive, and very professionally done! After installation, cleanup was well done, and it was an amazing transformation from the old damaged carpet to the new sections. I couldn't be happier. In addition, I had some other remodeling taking place, and I explained to George before the installation that I would be able to dispose of the old carpet myself. He was able to give me a small but welcome discount since they did not need to dispose of the old carpet themselves. Their willingness to work with me, allowing me to dispose of the carpet myself, plus their top-notch expertise and choices for the new replacement carpet are top-selling points for this company. Eventually, I'll need to replace all the house flooring, and this will be my first and probably only phone call. They have proven themselves to me, and no job is too small.

Description of Work
Replace the carpet in a 30 foot hallway and a master bedroom.

05/07/2012

Don R. E.

No problems, job went smothly.

Description of Work
Removed old hardwood flooring and installed new flooring and finish/stain.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

08/08/2011

SANDRA G.

Robert Gomez is a very good salesperson. Always helpful and with a smile. Prompt, courteous phone calls and researched best prices for exactly what we wanted, very patient with our changes in choices. Both carpet installers and floor re-finishers did an excellent job. I would highly recommend this company. Sandra Gordon

Description of Work
3,000 square foot house. Entire downstairs including 2 flights of stairs re-carpeted with high quality carpet--kept the good existing pad. Light sanding and one coat of varnish on upstairs hard wood floors.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

05/20/2011

Carolyn S.

Steve Villa was very professional and gave me a very fair price. The salesperson, Janet was very knowledgable and professional as well. The installers were very friendly and professional as well. Paul, one of the installers was very experienced. I have an unusual staircase with angled steps and Paul actually hand-sewed the corners. Awesome job. I will Definitely use them again and highly recommend them. In addition, they are Diamond Certified.

Description of Work
new carpet sale and installation. The company name is Rafael Floors, not Rasael.

07/26/2010

Linda Z.

Steve was the person I worked with. He was fabulous. He had a couple of guys who moved our furniture and they were very delicate. Their bid was extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
They re-carpeted the upstairs. They came out a few times with different samples.

05/20/2010

roger H.

They were outstanding and my floors are beautiful!! Steve Villa is the owner and he provided the estimate and did the work. We were worried about the aroma of the chemicals for the refinishing, but there was none. They were very knowledgable, respectful and really listened. We have had them back since then for further work and would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Rasael Floors refinish my hardwood floors.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Floor Pros

Floor Pros was established in 1980 as a family owned business to provide the San Francisco Bay Area with quality hardwood flooring installation, sanding, and refinishing services for both commercial and residential homes and businesses. We are committed to providing our customers in San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties with exceptional hardwood flooring services. Our new customers are all wondering the same thing, what makes Floor Pros qualified for quality work? We are members of several institutions that set high standards for the hardwood flooring industry. Trained and certified by the National Wood Flooring Association, who sets the benchmark for professional conduct, we guarantee that our technicians are the best in the industry. Also, we are a proud member of USGBC, who sets the standards for environmentally sustainable construction. Believing that providing quality services is a continuous process, we send our technicians to hardwood flooring workshops in and out of the San Francisco Bay Area a few times each year to ensure that they are current with techniques and technologies. This year we have enrolled our technicians for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification by USGBC. Understanding that sustainable business practices are in the best interest of our customers, suppliers, employees, and environment, we are one of the few hardwood flooring companies in based in the San Francisco Bay Area that are pioneering LEED projects. We also believe in using the best product our suppliers can provide us to ensure that the wood flooring is long lasting and durable. Each year, we make three to four trips to our supplier’s headquarters; whether it’s in Canada, Seattle, or Brazil, we go the distance to find the best brands. Some of the prestigious brands we carry are: Mirage, Lauzon, DuChateau, and Oshkosh Designs. Each brand and product we use and carry is hand picked by our current founder and president,

Alfonsos  carpet service sales and install

We sale and install carpet harwood lot laminate vinyl

Carlos Harwoodfloor

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in hardwood floors services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Commercial, residential & industrial sales and installation of wool and synthetic carpet, natural sisal, seagrass & jute carpeting, vinyl sheet & vinyl tiles, linoleum, laminate flooring, prefinished solid & engineered hardwoods, sanding & finishing of solid hardwood floors .

Porcelain and ceramic tile installation & carpet cleaning.