Caffrey Landscapes

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2010

108 Belle Ave

San Rafael, CA 94901

I have a Landscape Construction company, Licensed. no. 827226, insured and bonded. We offer a free first time visit and estimate for Angie's list members. We are a full service company that means we don't use subcontractors in any aspects of landscaping.

07/19/2012

Julie S.

We found Darragh on Yelp when were looking for someone to put a lawn in our backyard for our spoiled new puppy. After getting one estimate from another contractor, we talked with Darragh, whose estimate was much more reasonable and in line with what we were expecting. Darragh's crew did a great job and were very good about cleaning up after themselves. And during the course of the project, we asked them to do some additional things like clearing out other plants and weeds from our yard and hooking up our existing drip system to the new sprinkler system for the grass that Darrah's crew installed. They easily were able to accommodate our extra requests. Three weeks later the lawn looks great, and our spoiled dog loves it! We would recommend Caffrey Landscapes to anyone.

Description of Work
Remove most plants and trees from backyard; remove weed cloth and tanbark; remove part of existing drip system. Install new lawn. Install automatic lawn sprinkler system. Hook existing drip system to its own line on the timer for the new sprinkler system.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, hardscaping

06/25/2011

Daria H.

My husband was away on a trip over Father's Day weekend and I got a spontaneous idea to redo our back patio while he was gone. We live in a town house and have a very small back patio (about 12x22 feet). It had about 9x22 foot area covered by plain concrete and a 3x22 area of dirt filled with weeds. I called a couple of landscapers that I found on yelp, and Darragh Caffrey was the first one who agreed that he could do the job in the 3 day timeframe before my husband got back. I had set a top limit of my budget at $5000 and the work came in at exactly that. I'm not sure if that is a good deal or not - in my haste to get the job done quickly, I didn't negotiate. I had gotten a few estimates for the tile work before at $800 and $1200, so the labor did seem expensive to me (about $1000 more than what I expected). But I guess that is the price one pays for spontaneity and for not agreeing to the exact labor costs up front. My bad there! The invoice breakdown was as follows: Tile 200 feet squared. Materials plus labor plus grout per foot is $21 a ft. (5 plus 15 plus 1) $4200 Soil I yard of organic matter. Plus pickup and install. $250 Planting $520 5 gallon plants $55 each, 1 gallon $12 Stone edge wall Materials $300, labor $200 $500 Total $5470 (I paid $5000 even) Darragh showed up on time the next day after we spoke on the phone and we discussed my ideas. I already had a sample of some tile I selected, and he went and picked it up all of the materials for me. Some of the existing plants we decided to leave (some ivy wall cover and a jasmine plant). The rest of the design and plant selection I left up to him with the only requirement that it be done in 3 days and the price be under $5000. And that is exactly what I got. He had great suggestions and seemed very knowledgeable about plants. I wanted low maintenance because I am not a gardener. Overall I am happy with how it turned out and think it looks great. The workers were professional and cleaned up after the job was done. There was a little miscommunication about some large pots that I also wanted planted - they didn't do them and also didn't prune and trim the existing ivy and jasmine bush that was left. But other than that, I got exactly what I wanted and expected.

Description of Work
Slate cobblestone tile job on top of an existing concrete slab, approximately 9x22 foot area. stone border around flower bed Cleared weeds, brought in dirt and planted an approximately 3x22 foot flower bed with low maintenance plants job done in 3 days start to finish

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Enrique Gomez Landscaping

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in landscaping services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Gardentender

I have been designing, installing, and maintaining gardens for 18 years. My partner and I also install and repair irrigation systems. We'd love to hear from you!

A Lost Art Stonework Design

Specializing in LANDSCAPING, HARDSCAPING, PAVERS, BRICK SERVICES AND STONEWORK! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Decks, fences, arbors, walkways, flagstone patios, paving, water features, gravel paths, planting, lawns, irrigation, outdoor lighting