ALEXANDRA'S CLEANING SERVICE

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2005

4.4

1966 Powell St

San Pablo, CA 94806

NO SUBS. CHARGES BY THE JOB.

03/06/2009

Susan S.

I am an intermittent customer. Even though I have had the cleaning service at my home in the past, and I clean the house once every two weeks, they continue to charge me $180 every time claiming the house hasn't been cleaned by them so they charge more. They are probably charging me more because my house looks big from the outside. The cleaning was ok, not great. Every time they clean, they miss something. Previously, they missed dusting shelves and cleaning a bathroom mirror. The last time they didn't clean under the toilet seat and also had to re-do the shower. I asked them for a price to only clean the downstairs, which consists of 2 small bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a hall. The second bathroom is very rarely used. They wanted to charge me $95 just for the downstairs. On a regular basis, they said they would charge $125 for the whole house. Once they used my vacuum cleaner and broke the attachment. Instead of telling me, they left a replacement attachment that didn't fit my vacuum cleaner. The first time I called them they didn't show up the first time and said they had the wrong address.

Description of Work
Housecleaning, 2 Bedrooms, Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room

02/24/2009

Carol O.

I probably would not hire them again even though they did a great job. They helped themselves to the microwave without asking, they drank a bottle of water that was just sitting on the counter, and they took some silk drapes, wrapped them around a vase that is on a table to get the drapes off the floor. They were not professional; they were thorough and did a great job with the windows, but their methodology left a lot to be desired.

Description of Work
They cleaned my windows inside and out. In total, 10 windows were cleaned.

11/21/2008

BARBARA L.

Rafael gave us an estimate the day i called. his crew came the next day as scheduled and went efficiently to work. the last estimate we had for this job was $300 more. When they left, the rooms just sparkled.

Description of Work
They washed all the windows in our two story house inside and outside.

08/29/2008

sabrina M.

They were very prompt and professional. Their prices were the lowest we found. They did a very thorough job. They were very friendly to me. They showed up on time.

Description of Work
Alexandra sent a few gentleman out who came and cleaned about 50 windows in my home.

08/20/2008

MARILYN W.

Overall, it went very well. They were on time and they cleaned everything so well it was spotless when I got home from vacation. If they are going to be late then they call and let me know.

Description of Work
She came and cleaned my house. She dusted, vacuumed, mopped and scrubbed the floors.

08/07/2008

GARY E.

The experience was good. They came on time and they finished the job on time and the job was well done. I would use them again in the future and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of the windows in my house for me.

07/24/2008

NANCY P.

I'd used them before and got a good price the first time. The 2nd time they charged me more. I was OK with that, as I'd been given a good deal the first time. They didn't do as well with the window cleaning the 2nd time and when they cleaned the carpets they failed to use the tabs under the furniture legs and broke a planter/container which they didn't tell me about. They did an OK job but I was not as happy with their work as I was the first time.

Description of Work
They cleaned the windows inside and out on my 100+ year old Victorian home. They also cleaned the carpets upstairs and down.

07/14/2008

PATRICIA H.

It's two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a long hallway. They took away the love seat. The hallway is rather narrow and they broke a mirror in my hallway. I told them that when they clean they can't touch the pictures or mirrors. He took off one of the mirrors in the hallway. He went to put it back up but he couldn't. He tried to make another hole for it and it fell to the floor and broke. I told him to hall it away. I was so anxious to get the love seat out I didn't make much of a fuss. I found their cleaning price reasonable compared to others but I thought their hauling price was rather steep. I needed it done right away so I didn't make a fuss. If I don't find a better price for house cleaning then I will use this company.

Description of Work
They came out and gave me estimate on cleaning my apartment and they hauled somethings away for me.

Category hauling services, house cleaning

02/27/2008

BEN A.

Last time they showed up a little late which was problematic. Their work is very good. They were very thorough. I will be using them again.

Description of Work
They cleaned our 3 bedroom house. They are great!

12/10/2007

R R.

I paid before hand, the cleaners were dropped off, and I came later. When I looked to see how they did, I saw that they hadn't even cleaned the bathroom! I cleaned it myself because it wasn't worth a fight in the middle of a move.

Description of Work
I hired them to clean my apartment when we moved out.

12/04/2007

Julie J.

They have been cleaning my house for almost 2 years now. They have been flaky on occasion by showing up really late or not showing up at all, but that has occurred maybe 10% of the time. They do a pretty good job. I have added on things like yard work or hauling away stuff and they have done it quickly. I would say the first time they clean your house, go through and make sure it is done to your satisfaction. Once they know what your expectations are they will stick to it. The cleaners have always very polite.

Description of Work
Clean house, vacuum dust. bathrooms etc.

10/12/2007

NANCY P.

I am impressed with the responsible way this company acted. They didn't cut corners and when they were done cleaning, you barely notice the glass in the windows. The employees were courteous and I can tell they appreciated my business.

Description of Work
I used this company to clean the windows in my Victorian house. I'm unsure of the number of windows but they cleaned them both inside and out.

10/10/2007

LYNNE D.

They are efficient, do a good job and charge a fair price. They are very nice people and I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
They clean my home.

09/13/2007

Christine R.

Raul left a crew of three young men to do the job. They worked cheerfully and didn't rush the job, but it turns out they didn't do all of the window sills or sash tops. (I had to take care of the pets in the building, and couldn't watch them working all the time.) To be honest, I wouldn't have expected them to, except that their boss had specifically told me they'd take care of those details. Also, Raul was at least half an hour late--he had been given incorrect directions, I think, from the head office--and no one called to let me know what was happening...I had to call the office to ask if he was on his way (and then to give better directions).

Description of Work
Raul, who seemed to be the crew boss, came in and looked at the windows, and gave me an estimate. He pointed out that the price included cleaning the window sills and sash tops as well as the glass itself. We have two 1,000-square-foot apartments in our building; we had 15 windows in each apartment; some of them are sash windows and some are casement.

09/11/2007

JUDITH O.

Wow! What an excellent job. Rafael arrived with two workers. He toured the house, gave me an acceptable bid, and the two workers started the job. The windows just sparkle from one end of the house to the other. I'm fussy, but couldn't find any streaks to complain about. They were thorough, complete, quiet, neat, and trustworthy. It was a sunny day here so there was no mistaking what a great job they did. I'm moving window cleaning from a once every three year job to a twice a year job with this kind of service and price.

Description of Work
They cleaned all the windows, inside and out. Two men performed the job. It took five hours total. The house ranges from one to three floors, depending on the hill side. One man worked inside and the other outside and they "checked" each other on clearing all streaks from either side of the window.

08/10/2007

JACQUELINE A.

We are extremely frustrated and unhappy that they didn't show up. When we called they said that he couldn't find our address and just gave up. My husband and I had scheduled time to be available and they didn't even call.

Description of Work
They were scheduled to give an estimate for service and never showed up and didn't call.

07/23/2007

DELVIN M.

I really like them a lot and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them at all. They are very friendly and everything. I just think they do a really thorough job with everything. I am definitely pleased.

Description of Work
I had my three bedroom, three bathroom home cleaned by Alexandra's. They provided just a basic cleaning.

07/17/2007

MADELINE M.

Workers did not speak English and I could not communicate. I had to work along with them to make sure work was done properly. They did a good job but I also worked. The screens could not be replaced and I now have to get someone else to put up the screens.

Description of Work
Hired company to wash windows and screens.

07/16/2007

YVONNE C.

This was only a one time cleaning and they seemed to do pretty good. They were very nice to deal with when they were here. They showed up on time, cleaned the house and left. They did not break anything either. I would say that I am pleased with them.

Description of Work
I had a one time cleaning done in my three bedroom home by Alexandra's Cleaning Service. Just the regular dusting and cleaning is all that was done.

07/03/2007

FIONA F.

I called them yesterday and booked an appointment for this morning at 9am. They arrived on time and I was given a quote within a few minutes. Then four men (who had been waiting outside) came in and started the job. They cleaned the windows in the whole house in just over an hour. They worked quickly and did a great job. The windows look great and so do the ledges. They used all their own equipment and left no mess. They were very efficient! I would definitely recommend them and will use them again.

Description of Work
They cleaned all my windows inside and out on a 3 level home. They also cleaned the window ledges.

06/29/2007

Helen P.

See above. We are very satisfied & may contract for a once-a-month cleaning now that we're settled in our new place. We'd been told to use AAA Cleaning because it was the company that all the realtors use & our contractor referred us to it. However, the day they were supposed to come give us an estimate, they called to reschedule for the following day. The following day, they neither came at the agreed-upon time, nor did they call. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
This was a post-construction cleaning job, piggybacked onto previous owners' less-than-adequate housekeeping. We wanted inside windows cleaned, hardwood floors mopped, a great deal of dust removed from walls, furniture, & floors, 2 filthy bathrooms cleaned as well as 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room & kitchen. Work was completed between noon & 4 pm by a crew of conscientious workers. Money well spent.

06/20/2007

Maddy C.

My call was answered promptly & politely. I needed next-day service and was told that the crew would arrive the following day to give a quote and if I accepted, they'd stay to do the job. I was pleased. Rafael and a crew of two arrived on time and all were courteous. We walked around the office as I explained the job and pointed out the areas that needed cleaning. Rafael quoted me on the spot and when I accepted, gave me payment instructions then re-explained the job thoroughly to the crew. I felt comfortable letting them work without supervision. They were busy the few times I checked in. So I was disappointed when, after they left, I discovered the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned and many surfaces had been missed in the dusting efforts. I accept some responsibility for paying before checking - that was my error. I was surprised at the low quote and would have paid more for a thorough job. I'd use Alexandra's again but would communicate better and review before paying.

Description of Work
This was primarily a dusting project. Construction had left our office's heating ducts, windows, and other surfaces with a layer of dust. Also requested was a cleaning of the two office bathrooms (single stalls) and vacuuming, where possible (not so easy as there was considerable debris to work around).

06/11/2007

SUSAN S.

They were great! Rafael Garcia came and did the estimate precisely when he said he would; the crew showed up on time and did a terrific job, cleaning the windows inside and out, washing the screens, and cleaning the window wells as well. I have a call in now to have them steam clean my carpets, and if they're not careful, I'll be switching my regular housecleaning to them.

Description of Work
They cleaned 8 windows (some large; some 30 feet above ground), screens, and window wells.

05/30/2007

KELLY W.

They were great. They arrived on time, asked which windows needed to be cleaned, provided an estimate, and then cleaned them right then.

Description of Work
They cleaned the first and second story windows of my house.

05/26/2007

Shabbir S.

It went fine. It was a little expensive, but it took 4 of them almost 4 1/2 hours, so it was clearly a lot of work.

Description of Work
They went through my new 2400 sq.ft. home, cleaned every single surface including walls and baseboards looking for dust leftover from the floor polishers/sanders. Then they vacuumed and mopped the whole house with one man on his hands and knees looking for scuffs to buff out.