BAY AREA TREE CO INC

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2010

Quality Tree Services, Trimming & Tree Removals Residential • Commercial • Industrial • Rental Properties At Bay Area Tree Company we take great pride in all that we do. The goal of each and every job is to meet all your expectations. Our experienced staff is trained to care for your trees in a way that leaves them safe as well as beautiful. Bay Area Tree Company always uses proper pruning techniques to promote healthy re-growth, allowing your trees to flourish for years to come. Unfortunately it is sometimes necessary to remove trees. Our team uses the latest in climbing techniques and equipment to bring even the most challenging down in a safe and efficient manner. We always place a priority on protecting your property and the surrounding landscape. We even offer replacement trees at wholesale prices - a nice savings passed on to you. For Unmatched Quality and Care Let Us Be Your Tree Guys!

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Christina M.
07/04/2020
Large area of neglected trees/brush— really a fire hazard—and area around house, required major work. I have worked with Louie and company for almost 20 years. This is a single company that does not out source any of their services. Louie is hands on, directing work. He clearly has outstanding communication with all of his crew. He is also incredibly knowledgeable about the trees/plants, etc,, located up and down the Peninsula. I met with my adjoining neighbor who shared the overgrown acreage with me. He was very cynical about the tree expertise he had with 2 other tree maintenance groups that he had hired previously. I talked him into working with Louie and Bay Area Tree. My neighbor seems like a very critical, demanding customer. After Louie finished the work on his property, my neighbor expressed gratitude for introducing him to Bay Area Tree— The tree Guys ( not the one in Palo Alto with similar name). Moo ver, my neighbor set up an annual service to help keep his property clear of Scotch broom and other bushes as it takes 2-3 springs to completely eradicate Scotch Broom. Their prices are very competitive and actually cheap for what you get. Call them For small and very large jobs. And no, I am not related to the owners!— just fortunate I found them 20 years ago.
Description of Work
1 acre brush and trash trees; detailed work to bring back large oaks that were hanging over the house.
Yvonne L.
04/04/2017
Mary G.
04/30/2015
Description of Work
They did a great job.
Verlin R.
02/04/2015
They are good at what they do.
Description of Work
I have used Bay Area Tree Co Inc.
Lin S.
11/06/2014
We hired them to trim our oaks twice. Be sure to ensure their supervisor is on hand.
Yvonne L.
10/30/2014
Description of Work
The telephone receptionist was very courteous and accomodating. The supervisor who came out for the estimate clearly described the work to be accomplished. My trees and bushes were cut back in an artistic manner. The price was somewhat high for the time required to accomplish the job and the amount of work done. Still, I have used the company in the past and will consider using them next year again, especially since their office is so close to my home.
Jessica S.
03/28/2014
Louie came out and we went over what was to be done. He was very nice and accommodating. They arrived on time and the work was excellent.
Description of Work
Removed a tree from the front yard and ground the stump. They also pruned a tree in the front yard.
Michael Z.
01/12/2014
I recently purchased a home two large Monterey Pine trees. Both were leaning badly and could endanger life and property. After obtaining the necessary permits for removal, I went about getting bids to remove them. Bay Area Tree Co. was one of four bids I received. The staff was great in getting the estimator to the house to look over the job and prepare a quote. When we decided to remove only one of the trees, we requested the quote be adjusted accordingly and that was done within minutes of the request and sent to us via email. Replacement trees were specified (they were a requirement of the permit) and staff located the types of tress I wanted from a local nursery. On the day of the job, I was impressed. Several large trucks arrived on time the morning of the job. They had all the equipment a personnel to complete the job. Within 5 hours they had removed the tree and all debris, ground the stump to below grade, and planted the two new trees. Everything was cleaned up and the was left in great condition. You never would have know they were there. The crew were friendly and professional with an emphasis on safety as there were large limbs that were coming down. They knew what they were doing and how to handle all the equipment. When we decide to remove the other tree and have it replaced, Bay Area Tree Co. will be getting the job. I would highly recommend them.
Description of Work
removed a large Monterey Pine tree. Picked up two new trees and planted them.
Jackie W.
06/14/2013
I have used this Company on multiple occasions over the last 7 years or so. They do really great work. They are punctual, professional and above all they care about what they do and it shows. Their work is of high quality and they clean up well at the end of each day! Louie is a good resource for thoughtful advice and I was most impressed by Jesus , the foreman who is very client focussed. My back yard is looking very much better after their work. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Description of Work
Removed multiple small to medium sized trees and a hedge and ground out root stumps.
Robert A.
07/26/2011
Description of Work
He gave me the lowest bid to have three tree removed and their stumps. He was very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and took his time. He offered to show me his license information as well.
Nadine W.
10/19/2010
They worked for about a day and a half. They worked very quickly. I was happy with the work they did. His prices were competitive. Louie was easy to reach if I had any questions, and he even provided me with his cell phone number in case he wasn't in the office. The office staff was very helpful and friendly. The workers were knowledgeable and knew what they were doing and did not damage my trees. I'll probably have them come back this fall to trim my trees and shrubs so I can have the view of the bay back in my home.
Description of Work
I had them some and spray to treat my oak tree. They also trimmed my oak tree and cut down shrubs in my yard, mostly for fire protection.
Paul C.
10/24/2008
Submitted best bid, showed up, did the work, left the premises neat. What more could I ask?
Description of Work
Cut down dead tree, ground up root, cut and stacked firewood.
ROBERT L.
08/26/2008
They provided some excellent suggestions and we are very satisfied with their work. They're very professional and they even follow up the following day to ensure that we're satisfied with their work.
Description of Work
I've used this company several times during the past 3 or 4 years and I've been very satisfied with them each time. The last work they completed for me (in Aug. 2008) was to trim several trees and remove two small trees (and grind out the stumps).
tom K.
11/25/2007
Quoted and scheduled work promptly. Very professional. Cleaned up so didn't even know they had been here (except trees were missing :-)) discounted price $50 by leaving wood on site. Cut to fireplace size. Overall - excellent experience.
Description of Work
Removed 3 medium-large trees.
LETTY C.
05/25/2005
WE HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH MICHAEL FENA'S WORK. HE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL TO US DURING OUR LANDSCAPING REMODELING. THEY ARE A GREAT SERVICE FOR TREE REMOVAL ESPECIALLY.
Description of Work
PLANTING AND REMOVAL OF TREES IN OUR YARD AS WELL AS AT OUR CHILDREN'S SCHOOL.
AMANDA K.
05/25/2005
I LIKE WORKING WITH MICHAEL FENA, HE IS ACCOMMODATING AND EASY GOING TO WORK WITH. I TEND TO CHANGE MY MIND OFTEN AND I APPRECIATE THEIR WILLINGNESS TO PLEASE THE CUSTOMER.
Description of Work
I HAVE USED THIS COMPANY TO REMOVE MANY TREES FROM MY YARD. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.

Phone

MasterCard
American Express
Discover

FAQ

BAY AREA TREE CO INC is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

BAY AREA TREE CO INC is open:

BAY AREA TREE CO INC accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Yes, BAY AREA TREE CO INC offers free project estimates.

No, BAY AREA TREE CO INC does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, BAY AREA TREE CO INC does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, BAY AREA TREE CO INC offers emergency services.

No, BAY AREA TREE CO INC does not offer warranties.

BAY AREA TREE CO INC offers the following services: Trimming and Shaping Weed Abatement Hazardous Removals Palm Tree Skinning Tree Planting Fire Breaks Artistic Prunning Fire Prevention View Enhancement Storm Damage Safety Trim New Developments Crown Reductions Urban Logging Dead Wood Removal Commercial Thinning Cable Supports Low-Impact Logging Stump Grinding Lot Clearing Dry and Wet Fertilizing 24 Hour Emergency Service

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Acer Landscaping & Tree Care Inc is a professional company serving the entire Bay Area and East bay. Tree service and landscaping has distinguish Acer from the very begining. We provide rigorous training in the most progressive methods used to preserve the safety and health of trees. Our staff use the best practices from International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) tree pruning standards to ensure safety and quality for every single tree. Removing trees is not an easy task. Specially big trees. It represents a challenge and it requires a highly trained personnel to protect your property and people. Give us a call for a free consultation with one of our expert arborists. Fully Licensed & Insured!!!! 24/7 Emergency Services!! We do Pavers Pergolas Sod Artificial Grass Putting Greens Irrigation Fencing Retaining Walls Flag Stone Planting Tree Trimming Tree Removal Stump Grinding Mulching Gravel Installation Clean ups and more!!!

Additional address - 1263 McLaughlin Ave, San Jose, CA 95122. May contact through email. Award winning.

H3t0r Tree Service