A B West Construction

Founded 1988 • With Angi since December 2011

522 N Claremont St

San Mateo, CA 94401

We perform all trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, tile, painting, and all levels of repairs, fixtures installation, and the small and big works around the house that are constantly needed. Remodeling, new construction, and all trades involved in home improvement. Servicing the Peninsula since 1988. Excellent local references. Free estimate, and consultation....

11/03/2015

Yelena C.

Category countertops,drywall,electrician,fencing

11/28/2014

Kirk H.

This was a project I started, but was unable to finish because of a motorcycle accident. I completed most of the post hole digging and had ordered most of the materials, but I ran out of time to actually keep going on this project. I was referred to Enrique, whose quote came in approximately within 50 dollars of the other bids. I decided to hire Enrique and I am very glad I did. He completed the project in a timely fashion, was open to design changes as the fence progressed, purchased additional materials as needed and he used previous experiences to deliver a very strong and sturdy fence. The fence design was my own and was not your typical boring redwood fence. During the construction we received many compliments on the beauty of the fence and Enrique did an excellent job integrating my design even on a sloped surface. I have now had my completed fence for a few days and the compliments continue to roll in. I person even stopped their car, rang my door bell and asked for Enrique's contact information. I happily referred Enrique and I like the fact that he is a licensed General Contractor with a 10 year guarantee!

Description of Work
Built a decorative redwood fence in front yard.

Category fencing

08/13/2014

Paula P.

He came out and looked at my walls that needed to be patched. He seemed really nice and professional. I'm in a wheel chair, however, and it has been very hard for me to take nails and screws out of my walls but he requested that I do this or advised he would have to charge me $35.00 per 1/2hr to take them out and also to move furniture away from the walls or other little jobs. We've also had some communication issues. I have emailed him and attempted to reach him several times and he wants to discuss specifics when he gets to my home which is not how I prefer.

Description of Work
I called him to patch holes in my walls.

Category drywall

02/13/2014

Mercedes P.

We recently moved into a new house and we were looking for an electrician to help us install a microwave inside of a kitchen cabinet. We asked our neighbors for recommendations and they suggested calling Enrique. When we met Enrique we realized he was a general contractor and could help us with anything we needed, not just installing our new microwave. So we ended up hiring Enrique for three straight days to do all sorts of things and he made a real difference in getting us settled into our new home and making everything work! Not to over do it, but he was a total life saver! What was great about Enrique is that he has a very diverse skillset, it was great to have him at home doing different types of jobs that we started realizing we needed help with. The first thing he did was to install our new microwave in the kitchen cabinet. To do this, he had to open and close the kitchen wall, refinish, prime and paint. It was a pretty complex job and he was very detail oriented and clean throughout the process. Among other things he did: he installed 9 curtain rods and curtains throughout our house, replaced 2 fluorescent light fixtures in our bathrooms, installed 4 smoke detectors, installed a halogen track light fixture in our living room, hung a new chandelier in the dining room, replaced the front door lock, hung a mirror in our hallway, and re-grouted our kitchen countertops. He even covered some cracks in the wall that the painters had overlooked! In everything he did, he seemed very knowledgeable and did a very thorough job. We were very pleased by his work! In addition to being great at his job, he was a real pleasure to work with. As the other review mentioned, he is indeed super personable and easy to connect with. We will definitely hire Enrique again and recommend him strongly!

Description of Work
Enrique

Category countertops,drywall,electrician,lighting

09/23/2012

Heather W.

The experience began with Enrique coming to our home to give an estimate for installation of 20 inch porcelain tile in 3 rooms--our kitchen, adjoining office, and laundry room. Enrique was very personable and helpful and he outlined in detail the services he would provide. This included the demo of the old tile, shoring up the existing steps and subfloor of the office, which the previous homeowner had all-too-quickly converted from a garage. He also installed hardibacker and roofing fabric to prepare the site, and then artfully installed the tile on the diagonal, (even keeping the same pattern down 3 steps into the laundry room). He also installed beautiful solid wood baseboard impeccably painted in 2 coats of swiss coffee, to replace the cheap MDF product the previous owner had used. The finishing work really brought the space together and set off the tile work nicely. Enrique did a beautiful job from start to finish and my husband and I are extremely pleased with the result. He does not cut corners or take shortcuts that compromise quality. He takes a 'quality-comes-first' approach, and it shows. His work has absolutely transformed the space! I highly recommend Enrique with absolutely no reservations. If you want an honest, hardworking craftsman to do the job right, contact Enrique at A B Construction.

Description of Work
Enrique installed 20 inch porcelain tile throughout 3 rooms of our home.

Category ceramic tile

K&B Remodeling & Sons, Inc.

We are a family company who are dedicated to helping families, individuals, homes, business, and corporations make their dreams and visions come into reality. Each person has unique visions, and we are dedicated to working with them. From blueprints, showrooms, finding finished products and so much more. You are never alone.

House Doctor Painting Inc

Your Bay Area Painting Company! Welcome to House Doctor Painting Inc we have been servicing the Bay area for over 28 years. Our company is fully licensed,and insured painting contractors and are able to take any painting challenges. We specialize in exterior, and interior painting of homes, duplexes, condos, town houses, Apartments, Rentals, commercial projects, Restore Victorian homes, and Home owner associations. See website for additional service areas. Additional phone - (925) 224-8797, (650) 265-4949.

Luis Painting

Fixtures installation, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, tile, painting. Any size of project is more than welcome. Estimates are free, and without any obligation. Kitchen, bathroom upgrade, remodel, renovation. Pizza/bread custom outdoor ovens. Room additions. Electrical, plumbing, carpentry (rough and finish), tile, painting, sheet rock, insulation, cabinets, counter tops. Fences, gates, decks new construction, and refinish of existing structures. Concrete slabs, patios, garage, driveways.