THE BRANCH

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2010

We offer Tree pruning (crown cleaning & restoration, crown reduction, safety trim, thinning/shaping), tree removal, hedge trim/removal, stump grinding, brush chipping, landscape services, and free wood and mulch when available. The Branch is State Licensed (#619549). For your complete protection The Branch is fully insured, which includes General Liability Insurance, Commercial Auto Insurance, and Workers Compensation insurance. We are committed to providing professional work along with reasonable prices. In the early 1980's Derek Long worked for a reputable landscape company, then in 1986 he branched out on his own and started doing tree work and then became State Licensed in 1991, and when he incorporated in 2011 he became President and CEO of The Branch. Derek is a Certified Arborist and Certified Tree Worker, and he looks forward to providing tree service within our community for many years to come. Beginning at an early age, Trevor Long was raking leaves and dragging brush for his dad. Later on he began climbing trees and learning the trade. His passion for tree work grew and Trevor is now a Certified Arborist and an experienced Certified Tree Worker. Trevor has also earned a bachelor's degree (Cal-State University San Marcos) and is Vice-President of The Branch. Derek and Trevor are a father and son team and are certified in CPR, Aerial Rescue, and First Aid. It is their goal to continue providing excellent service within our community while working together as a team. For those of you who are our repeat customers, we thank you, and for those of you who are considering hiring us for the first time, we invite you to give us a try!!...

Before trim

+14 more images

tree service (167)

04/26/2021

Erik L.

The Branch crew was professional and efficient. Both times I hired them, they did a great job. The last time was February 2020 when they removed a tall tree in a difficult location. They also trimmed a second tree to improve its health.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

06/01/2020

Joanne E.

Trimming of tree-like Eugenia hedge, pine tree trimming, cutting down a rogue palm tree.

Description of Work
As always, they arrive on time with the well-equipped truck and chipper, does such a wonderful job and is so knowledgeable about the trees. Very impressed with their professionalism, quality of work and reasonable prices.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

06/01/2020

Jo O.

The Branch team was excellent to work with. Our twisted cypress tree is decades old and about 60 feet tall, it definitely needed a professional to trim and shape it. Trevor listened to our concerns because the tree is planted next to a fence and several large branches were growing over into the neighbors’ yard. They provided us with an estimate, prompt service and we are really happy with the results. J Odorico

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

06/24/2019

Lorna F.

Excellent service. Professional, on time, quick, thorough, friendly, immaculate clean up. Would absolutely use again and would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Had a tree removed in a tight spot

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

05/13/2019

Lawrence R.

They did an excellent job! I own the home but my aunt and uncle live on the property and my uncle was extremely pleased with the job they did and the crew was very professional. I worked with Trevor to get everything set-up and he did a great job. We are having them do some additional work on the property.

Description of Work
Trimming 30 Italian Cypress Trees

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

05/13/2019

Lawrence R.

Trevor and his crew did an excellent job both times. They are prompt, polite and professional. We would not hesitate to hire them again and in fact did so with a second job to remove 5 tree stumps and 1 evergreen bush. To trim the 30 Italian Cypress Trees it was - $1500 To remove 5 large tree stumps and 1 Evergreen bush - $900

Description of Work
Hired them twice - Trimmed 30 Italian Cypress Trees & Removal of 5 tree stumps and 1 evergreen

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

02/23/2019

Greg C.

Derek and his crew arrived exactly at the time they quoted and worked hard and professionally for 1.5 days trimming 6 large trees of all sizes. They did not just come in and hack but instead they carefully listened to what we were looking for and with precision crafted the trees in such a way that left them beautiful, Derek really knows what he is doing and does not try to sell you on cutting trees that he feels do not pose a threat or are very healthy as is. He is exactly what we were looking for. Our experience in the past is that someone comes in and simply wacks away with no real plan or design in mind. Derek and his crew were also were meticulous in cleaning up after themselves. I will definitely use them again and will recommend them unconditionally. I cannot say enough good things about them. They far exceeded our expectations and we are very picky.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

07/13/2018

RICHARD G.

They were excellent, efficient, very professional and friendly, They were extremely good in cleaning up and they are reasonably priced. Prompt and nice guys.

Description of Work
Tree trimming service.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

05/11/2018

Joanne E.

Trevor and his team do a fabulous job every time. This time the job included trimming tall hedges and cutting back an overgrown pine tree to a manageable state.

Description of Work
Tree service

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

03/24/2018

Chary P.

After talking to a number of tree service people, we reached out to The Branch as recommended by another arborist. We needed to trim our trees as we were installing solar panels. What really won us with The Branch is the knowledge they imparted to us made tree sense. They were able to explain to us the trees' needs, limitations and possible repercussions. At the end of the day, we removed 3 trees and had another one pruned. The Branch came in on time; a bit earlier if I recall. They completed their project within the day and cleaned up after themselves. We are having them return to do other trees in our backyard. Couldn't see having it done by others we spoke to prior. They won our confidence!

Description of Work
Trim trees to unobstruct sunlight from solar.

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

12/19/2017

Marjo G.

It was many years ago and I haven't needed to use them since. As I remember, they did a fine job.

Description of Work
Remove tree.

Work Completed On 12/19/2017

I am happy to hear that you were left with a good impression of our company. We hope you consider using our services again in the future. Best, Trevor

07/31/2017

tryna R.

fabulous they did exactly what they said they would do, clean up was amazing

Description of Work
they removed 8 small trees from behind my barbecue. given the tight space, they where not able to remove the stumps, but they treated the stumps so they would not continue to grow. also, they did a great job with clean up

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our services. We hope to work with you again in the future if you ever have any tree care needs. Best, Trevor

07/22/2017

tina S.

The staff did outstanding work every step of the way. They were very prompt in providing the free estimate, and their work was very thorough. They kindly called the day before the work was scheduled to confirm the appointment and were on time to accomplish the work. The trimming they did was just what we had hoped for at a reasonable price. They also did a great job in their clean up afterwards which was very helpful. When I need tree trimming again, we will be calling The Branch. We will recommending them to our friends.

Description of Work
The staff trimmed trees including palm trees for my relative in San Marcos, California.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

07/07/2017

Elloise B.

They did a wonderful job. They hauled away all the branches, even asked if I wanted to keep any.

Description of Work
They removed a tree, ground down the stump. Put some liquid in there to kill the roots so the tree wouldn't grow back.

Work Completed On 02/03/2017

I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services. I hope you keep us in mind for any future tree care needs you may have. Best, Trevor

06/14/2017

LYDIA T.

This went very well! Derek and The Branch crew were prompt, professional, and respectful of the property. They avoided damage to other existing plants, stacked the wood neatly per our request, and did a good clean-up. The Branch also nicely complied with our request for only our trees' wood chips to be left on our property for our use as mulch. They did great work for us a couple years ago, we are happy with this job, and we will hire them again for our trees' maintenance!

Description of Work
We had a large elm tree that unexpectedly died, a sickly mulberry tree, and a fallen pine tree, so they needed to be removed and stumps grinded. There were another 3 large trees that needed to be trimmed up.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

We appreciate your business and continued loyalty. We look forward to working with you again in the future for any tree services you may need. Best, Trevor

06/13/2017

Joan J.

They did a wonderful job, Trees look beautiful. Cleaned up, obviously cared about their work and took pride in doing it.

Description of Work
Olive tree care

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

We appreciate the positive review and are very happy that you are pleased with our work! Please keep us in mind for any future treework you may have. Best, Trevor

06/08/2017

Rebecca R.

I was extremely impressed with how well Trevor and Derek run their business. I wanted my trees removed and was able to get something scheduled promptly. This was a large job as I had to remove two diseased 50+ feet Leyland Cypress. My property is off a busy 3 lane road, and they safely swung every branch over onto my property. Also my gate is small and they were still able to bring in a smaller stump grinder to remove the stumps even though it was more laborious. Also, Trevor was very helpful with recommending other trees for my property that do not get diseased.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and tree removal and stump grinding. This was my second time using The Branch.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

Review for THE BRANCH - 721 Via Flora Rd, San Marcos, CA - 35206441

I appreciate the wonderful review and for your business. I hope the newly planted trees are flourishing and we hope you keep us in mind again for any future treework you may need done. Best, Trevor

05/16/2017

Linda A.

A little expensive, but they did a great job in trimming my palms. They cleaned up the trunks which had not been done for awhile. They cleaned up after themselves very well too.

Description of Work
Trimming 6 palms in my back yard.

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

I appreciate your business very much. We hope you consider using our services again in the future. Best, Trevor

04/17/2017

Thomas Y.

Trevor and his team showed up at about 7:30 a.m., right on schedule, and went straight to work. They were a skilled team, courteous, professional, and careful to prevent damage to the property and belongings (AND the inhabitants) as they dismantled the two trees. The job took less time than estimated and they were finished by 10 a.m.. That included time to trim two other trees I asked them to take care of while they were here. (I paid extra for that service.) They did a superb job removing the trees and grinding the stumps down to below ground level. Trees removed and trimmed, the team performed an excellent cleanup of the debris from the work. I would hire them again and recommend them to anyone needing tree services.

Description of Work
Based on the reviews in Angie's List, I contacted The Branch to have two Queen palm trees removed from our back yard. Trevor Long came and gave me a very reasonable quote and reduced it by 10% for the Angie's List discount. He predicted that the job would take about four hours.

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

03/23/2017

John A.

They were very good. They were responsive and when I called with questions they could answer them. I would call them first if I need more tree service.

Description of Work
I hired The Branch for a large job.

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

02/07/2017

Joseph V.

Very professional from quote to removal. The team was very punctual and extremely safe. Most of all they understood how sad we were to loose our tree and made sure to provide us with a few mementos...yes, we're a couple of tree-huggers. They cleaned up and left the yard in great shape, no additional clean up required on our part.

Description of Work
30 foot pine tree was removed and stump ground

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

Review for THE BRANCH - 721 Via Flora Rd, San Marcos, CA - 34419351

01/09/2017

Barbara M.

They are the ultimate professionals. They do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it. I think the price they charged was fair.

Description of Work
We needed a huge tree removed.

Work Completed On 12/22/2016

11/11/2016

Mary K.

Excellent! My bid was for lightly trimming the large trees, but Trevor and his crew did a much more extensive job (without charging more) because the trees needed it. They look wonderful now! Trevor and his crew were very reliable and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Hedge trimming of 7 small trees and bushes. Trimming/pruning of 4 large trees (carrotwood and willow). Cleanup and removal of debris including piles of yard waste I had previously collected.