Corky's Pest Control

Founded 1967 • With Angi since August 2004

909 Rancheros Dr

San Marcos, CA 92069

Unlike other pest control companies we don’t just treat the immediate structure of your home. We treat the surrounding areas including your landscape throughout the year for maximum results. Experience, knowledge, and dedication is a powerful combination in any business. When Corky started his

09/22/2021

Jim B.

Termite Fumigation Disaster using Corky’s Pest Control. Our neighbor and I employed Corky’s Pest Control to fumigate our attached homes. We were left with over 220 broken roof tiles and a repair cost that exceeded $4,000. That was more than the cost of the fumigation. Our HOA property manager expressed that this was an exceedingly high number of broken tiles for our community. As you can guess, I cannot recommend using Corky’s Pest Control.

Description of Work
Termite Fumigation

11/11/2019

Francine B.

It was okay, they were professional and on time.

Description of Work
They fumigated the house for termites.

Category pest control

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you choosing Corky's for your termite and insect needs. Thanks for sharing with others here at Angie's list.

02/26/2019

Margaret J.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. CORKY'S WILL CHARGE YOU FOR A "MONTHLY MAINTENANCE" YOU DID NOT REQUEST. I TRIED TO SPEAK TO ELIZABETH (ACCOUNT MGR) BUT SHE WILL NOT LISTEN AND INSISTED TECH DID THE WORK EVEN THOUGH TECH CAN'T GET INTO THE PROPERTY WITHOUT SOMEBODY BEING HOME (LOCKED GATE). ORIGINALLY THE BILL WAS $49 THEN THE NEXT DAY, I RECEIVED ANOTHER INVOICE FOR $98 BECAUSE I CALLED FOR AN EXPLANATION. ELIZABETH SHOULD NOT BE IN THAT POSITION IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BE PROFESSIONAL AND SHE WOULD HANG UP THE PHONE ON YOU!!! I REQUESTED FOR A SUPERVISOR TO SPEAK WITH BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE WILL NOT CONNECT YOU TO ONE. THE COMPANY MUST BE HARD UP FOR WORK IF THEY'RE TREATING A CUSTOMER THIS WAY. I'M WAITING FOR A SUPERVISOR TO CALL TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

Description of Work
Rat exterminator

Category pest control

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Since so many Angie's List customers rely on reviews when deciding on which company they would like to work with, I want to make sure we are represented correctly. We have reviewed your recorded phone call that came in on 12/13/18 at 9:13 AM and had a duration of 8 minutes and 21 seconds. In that initial call you were very clearly told that the initial rodent service was $236 (you got $50 off with your Home Adviser discount) for the first month of visits. This included the initial and 3 weekly follow up visits. You were also told that it also included a free (usually $90) rodent inspection to give you a bid for rodent clean out/sanitation/exclusion of attic or nesting area. You were emailed the complete report that included pictures to go with the findings. You even asked about the maintenance program after the initial service which we responded that it was $49 a month and serviced every 6 weeks. You responded "OK". The maintenance was mentioned numerous times during the 8 minute conversation. For you to say you did not request it is just untrue. In the interest of resolving this in a mutually amicable manner we have agreed to write off the $98 that is due. We wish you well.

11/29/2018

Paula R.

They been our pest company for a few year. They come every three months. Their nice people that do good work.

Description of Work
Pest control.

Category pest control

Thanks for your many years of service with us! We appreciate your kind words and you taking the time to share with others here at Angie's list. We look forward to many more years of keeping your home and your landscape bug free! Thanks again.

11/26/2018

Rick & VIcki S.

They know what they are doing and I never had any problems with them.

Description of Work
Pest control.

Category pest control

Thanks for your many years of service with us. We really appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to post a nice review.

Jim H.

They prompt. They always here when schedule. Worker are always courteous and they do a great job.

Description of Work
They come quarterly

Category pest control

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate you.

Eliza G.

They treat on a regular basis and they are all extremely nice. When this problem hit, they did a major re-haul of the screens on the vents and did work that has solved the problem. We have been so very impressed with their professionalism and knowledge of what was needed. We would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
We had a problem with ants, mice and we think a rat as well.

Category pest control

Thank you for your stellar review! We appreciate your years of loyal service with us. Thanks for sharing your experience with others here.

Robert R.

They have done an excellent job and they treat specifically for things if we bring it to their attention. They are very professional and thorough. They let us know when they are coming and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They come to spray every 6 weeks for pest control treatment since 2000.

Category pest control

Thank you for the nice review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others here.

Charlene H.

Its been fine. They been coming for years. Very professional.

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control

Thank you for your many, many years of service with us. We appreciate your loyalty and sharing your experience with everyone here at Angie's list!

02/08/2018

Jim A.

We have been using Corky's for years and we never have pest problems. We used to have horrible problems with ants, and now we never see them.

Description of Work
pest control

Category pest control

Thank you for your awesome review of Corky's. We are now in our 51st year of service and we appreciate loyal customers like you. Thanks for sharing your experience with others here.

11/16/2017

Sandra G.

Went smoothly - the young man, Rudy Sorensen, was very helpful, professional, answered all my concerns about the fumigation process. All went well - Thank you Lethal Injection Company. They (Corky's) advised us to notify our police, which we did - Thank you San Diego Police! Our neighbor let us know that the SDPD did go through our home to make sure all was ok. We notified our neighbors to keep an eye on our home - thank you neighbors! I hope we won't have to use them again, but if these termites decide to return - we would surely call on Corky/Lethal Injection!

Description of Work
House fumigated for termites

Category pest control

Thank you for the awesome review! We are glad to hear that Rudy was so helpful. Good bye termites! Keep us in mind for any pest control issues that come up in the future.

10/15/2017

Blythe S.

Great! They did a careful inspection and treated it. No problems since.

Description of Work
Some areas in garage looked like termite damage. They treated the area.

Category pest control

Thank you for the nice review!

10/07/2017

Mishelle B.

I didn't have their service. This review is based on my first phone call to Corky's. Not a way to start. On the question Would I hire again. Yes/no. Really it's I don't know.

Description of Work
First impressions.... I called to schedule an inspection. I'm thinking a tenting then quarterly service. I waited on hold with the promise that I was important and that I would be connected to the next available representative. I was on hold for 47 minutes before I hung up. Major F-Corky's. Disappointed. :(

Category pest control

We apologize for not answering your call in a timely manner. Without knowing what time you called and what number you called we cant look into this further. We work limited hours on Saturday but are fully staffed to answer all calls. Did you perhaps call after hours? If so we need to look into why you were automatically put on hold instead of getting the voice mail telling you we were closed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

10/04/2017

Jeff N.

used the website with "PEGGI" the online assistant who was lacking in personality and was not proactive. I asked to set an appointment for Saturday of possible and the reply was, " We don't work on Saturday" Then their next available inspection was Friday the 13th almost two weeks from now. SAD!

Description of Work
termite inspection

Category pest control

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your experience in our chat room online. Here is a copy of the conversation you are referencing: Welcome to Corky's! Can I answer any questions? 17:06 I'd like to schedule a termite inspection for a new listing. a 1 story 3 unit property in National City for Saturday if possible. Peggi (Me) 17:06 Sorry we don't work on Saturdays. 17:07 How about Friday or are you not interested? Peggi (Me) 17:08 Let me check Friday. 17:10 We are booked on Friday. Next available? Peggi (Me) 17:13 Friday the 13Th . We charge $150 per inspection 17:16 you need to start working Saturdays it look like. I'll try another 17:17 I suggest you be more proactive and positive. Not just No No No 17:17 Visitor has ended the chat. Your attitude in the conversation speaks volumes. The chat room conversations are meant to be short and to the point.

09/12/2017

TERRY W.

After they had sprayed we ended up have termites that damaged our home and we thought they would pay for the damage because the spray did not work. They informed us that they could only spray again for them.

Description of Work
They sprayed for termites.

Category pest control

We cannot find you in our computer system. Did we do service at the address you provided for this review? Did we do the service in 2010? Without much to go on we are unable to look into this further. Please contact us at 800-901-1102 so we can get more details. We strive to resolve issues in a mutually amicable way.

09/05/2017

Susan R.

Once again, Corky's is Johnny-on-the-Spot! I wouldn't use another service. They're professional and prompt and I love that they're a stable company with long-term service guys. Jason always remembers me, my property, and what he did before, even months before. I am so confident that Corky's will keep my pests at bay! Thanks.

Description of Work
Spray for ants

Category pest control

Thank you for the stellar review of your experience with us! We are celebrating our 50th year in business and we appreciate all of the customers that we have had the pleasure of servicing through the years. Thanks for mentioning Jason. He is a perfect example of the top notch team Corky has put together. We look forward to many more years of keeping your insect population at bay!

08/27/2017

Noreen G.

The webs continue to recur and thus have to assume that the spiders are still around. Admittedly, they're not as bad as they were. The service comes 4 times a year and sprays. Sometimes the person who comes does a great job at de-webbing with his handy-dandy duster and other times it's just hit and miss. It may just be the nature of the beast to withstand multiple spraying. There are no ants around the house or roaches, so that's a good secondary benefit. All the exterminators have been courteous.

Description of Work
I didn't hire them through Angie's list but through the company itself. My main concern over the years have been spiders and spider webs which have been horrible in my area.

Category pest control

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are looking into why there are lapses in the dewebbing, as you noted. We strive to be the best at what we do and if we fall short we appreciate you letting us know so we can correct it and make you a happy camper! We appreciate your input and will be addressing your issues today.

08/26/2017

Eric F.

Not sure if I would use them again. We hired them to spray the house for spiders and so far it is not working. They said there was an incubation period for spiders, but I don’t know if that is true or not. I can’t really determine that. I used them based on Angie’s List. Their communication was good.

Description of Work
We have had them out to do pest control.

Category pest control

We appreciate the review.

08/18/2017

Susan M.

Give them an "A" across the board. They are very good. I use them 4 times a year.

Description of Work
Pest control.

Category pest control

Thanks for the nice review.

08/17/2017

Linda R.

Have not seen any ants or spiders inside the house since we hired them.

Description of Work
They come every month to spray a round the house for spider and ant control.

Category pest control

We appreciate your great review! Thanks for being such a long time customer and sharing your experience with others.

08/15/2017

John D.

Excellent but oddly we had huge ant infestations after the tent came off.

Description of Work
Tented the house for termites

Category pest control

Thank you for the nice review. It is not unusual to have an ant infestation after a fumigation. It is actually noted on the contract at the bottom, giving you an option of doing an ant service either prior to or just after the fumigation. The ants come in from the landscape and surrounding areas to feed on the dead termites. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

08/14/2017

Joan J.

Great, very thorough. They were over an hour early than our scheduled time to leave the house. We felt rushed.

Description of Work
Termite. Whole house tenting

Category pest control

We appreciate your nice review! We are sorry the fumigators were an hour early-leaving you feeling rushed. Your time frame was 10-12. We will address this with them. Thanks again.

08/11/2017

Patrick H.

Difficult to say. Price was lower than I anticipated. It is unclear to me whether they put chalk for future inspections (wasn't spelled out in paperwork)

Description of Work
They tented my house. We were away on vacation so don't really know how it went.

Category pest control

Thank's for the nice review!

08/07/2017

Carol R.

They sprayed outside the house where they were coming in.

Description of Work
Ants in house

Category pest control

Thanks for the nice review and sharing your experience with others!

08/07/2017

Karen V.

Technician was professional, and gave us some great advice on how to combat our spider issue.

Description of Work
Sprayed for spiders

Category pest control

Thank you for the nice review! We are glad to hear Jesse gave you professional advice to help solve your spider issue. We are here to help keep your home and landscape pest free!

Martinez L&R

We offer quality and affordable landscaping services.

2022 Super Service Award

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

Offers by Backyard Builders SD on Angi
    River Rock Outscape

In House Construction Crews. No Outsourcing. We own our own equipment. Free Estimates. 30% off entire project. We're a locally owned company, knowledgeable and experienced, in our second decade of servicing Southern California homeowners.

Corky's provides quality pest control services to residents and businesses throughout Southern California. The company services most pest infestations specializing in ants and spiders, termites, rats, mice, mosquitoes, cockroaches, bed bugs, fleas and gophers. For more information about the company and services, please visit corkyspest.com.