Stanley Steemer

With Angi since July 2005

3041 Teagarden St

San Leandro, CA 94577

Stanley Steemer has been providing cleaning and restoration services for both residential and business customers for more than 60 years. They offer multiple services, including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning and water damage

08/25/2016

RICK B.

I had them come back because of one area that they cleaned insufficiently and they did come back right away. The price was on a coupon, it was less than $150. The price was good.

Description of Work
I used Stanley Steemer for carpet cleaning.

02/05/2016

Elisabeth S.

I had a coupon for $99 for 3 rooms of carpet cleaning. I scheduled the cleaning online and it required a minimum cleaning total of $132. Instead of paying the $33 minimum fee, I added a hall cleaning. When they arrived, they explained that they would not be able to clean the narrow hall because their machine was too big, so they just used a mop and didn't charge me. They also explained that in the future I should just call when they are running the special because they actually do not charge any minimum fee (seems like this is a corporate thing). I appreciated their honestly, and I wasn't too disappointed about the hall because I was really just trying to avoid the fee (the hall wasn't too dirty). They were very pleasant, quick and attended to any questions I had. Will be using them again.

Description of Work
Steam cleaned carpet in 3 rooms

Category carpet cleaners, flooring contractor

04/07/2015

john Z.

All carpet was replaced so carpet cleaning was cancelled. Although advised not to, Stanley Steemer cancelled the tile also. When called, they stated they could not come out that day, so we scheduled for following day. They failed to show. When called they said the new appointment was not given to scheduler and they could again not get out until the following day which was to late. Obviously they can not be counted upon and we will not use them again.

Description of Work
Was contracted to clean carpet and tile prior to selling house

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, floor cleaning

04/28/2011

Connie T.

I have heard of them before and a friend of mine had used them as well, so I went ahead and used them. They were really good. They were nice and showed up on time. They did a good job and I was happy with them.

Description of Work
I had Stanley Steemer Carpet come out in February for carpet cleaning. They cleaned four rooms of carpeting, the hallway and the stairs.

02/24/2011

Chandra S.

They were quick, in an out, they said there was nothing they could do. They collected the money and left and the stains were back within a couple days or so. I wouldn't recommend them, not if you have bad carpets, maybe if your carpet is normal clean but if you need real service, no. In fairness, I had a lot of stains on my carpet. They say they can do all this stuff but if you have serious work they couldn't do it. They showed up on time. They threw up their hands too early.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets.

11/16/2010

JANIS C.

The men were on time; had all of the equipment needed; handled my other things carefully. They up-sold me on a few services, which I could have easily declined, but I didn't mind because the services seemed worth the cost.

Description of Work
Cleaned couch, upholestered chair, large rug, small rug.

03/18/2010

Carrie D.

My first contact was with dispatcher Carrie when I called for a price quote and to schedule an appointment. She was helpful, knowlgeable and reassuring that their cleaning services did not follow the "bait and switch" tacticssometimes used by some other heavily advertised carpet cleaning companies I had tried in the past. The two man cleaning team Lou Yuw and Patrick Murphy arrived about 1/2 hour late but had called to say the previous job had taken longer than expected. Together we surveyed the rooms I wanted cleaned and talked about what areas might need special attention. They got right to work moving some pieces of furniture I had not already moved. Carpets were spot-treated as needed. They applied a special pre-spotter to some areas that were a result of an animal "accident". All spots came out and carpets looked brand new. They used small plastic protective sheets under table legs to protect the finish of the furniture. Stanley Steemer's crew is to be commended for their courtesy, quality work and professional attitude. The service performed was as advertised with no attempt to sell me additional upgraded services after they were in my house. Although I think I was the last appointment of the day I did not feel as if they were rushing the job just to finish or cutting corners. They were very thorough and produced an excellent result. They will always be my first call when I next need carpet cleaning services.

Description of Work
They cleaned one upholstered sofa and carpets in 3 rooms and 2 hallways and applied a protective finish to the high traffic areas.

02/04/2009

SALLY M.

I went with them because they had an "A" rating when we looked them up and they came out and did the job like they said they would.

Description of Work
They came out and cleaned the carpets for me.

01/07/2009

Ronald O.

I ended up buying a carpet cleaning machine and did it myself.

Description of Work
I called them and they never returned my calls.

10/30/2008

HIROSHI F.

I was denied the special price because I had one too many rooms to qualify.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets in the home.

10/28/2008

KAREN B.

Damien Sellers and his assistant arrived promptly, moved the furniture as needed and went right to work. It only took them about 1 1/2 hrs to take care of everything and then they carefully moved all the furniture back. They were both very pleasant but we always ask for Damien because he does such a good job!

Description of Work
Cleaned Family Room, 2 Hallways, 10 Steps and 4 upholstered chairs. Everything looks almost new.

12/23/2006

MIKE H.

My wife called one day, and they were there at a time convenient to us two days later. In fact, they were 5 minutes early, how's that for punctual? Marcus was the guy running the show for the two-person crew that showed up, and these guys were really great. Marcus himself was very nice, and very professional. They were fast, but they did everything very safely (important since we're dealing with water in a house here, near upholstery) and the results were wonderful. I will definitely use them again. I'm only giving them a B on price because I'm a cheapskate and I always compare a price to doing it myself. Obviously that's cheaper but I wouldn't have done as good a job.

Description of Work
We steam cleaned and scotch-guarded the carpet as well as a sofa and chair.

11/25/2006

PETER K.

I booked this work on Stanley Steemer's web order form and was pleased to have two followup up calls from their office acknowledging receipt of the order and reminding me about the appointment a day beforehand. Gustavo and Jose arrived during the promised service window and completed all the work in 45 minutes. The family room carpet was soiled to a degree that offered little hope that it could look like anything, but I was amazed at how good it looked after the cleaning. The guys were courteous and efficient and did all the required furniture moving without incident. The office followed up by phone to be certain that I was satisfied with the work. Overall, Stanley Steemer is a very well-managed operation that produces total customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaned in family room, dining room and connecting hallway ($129). All cleaned carpets were Scotchguarded afterward ($48).

09/14/2006

KIRSTIN K.

Very professional and courteous employees. Was thrilled with their work and even more thrilled with their attitude. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Cleaned wall to wall carpets in difficult house with lots of stairs.

09/11/2006

SHARON Q.

Experience was very good right from the start. When calling for information, the entire process was explained and an estimate given. The day before the appointment a representative called to confirm the time and location. On the day of the appointment, the company called to say they had an earlier time slot available and wanted to know if we wanted that. That worked out well for us. The representatives who showed up were professional and explained what they would be doing. They asked for a history of what type of cleaners we used on our rug and sofas previously and were very good in keeping us informed of problem areas that they found. They were friendly, polite and hard-working. I would definitely use this company again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had our living room, hall, sofa, and a love seat cleaned, with a protectant and deodorant applied.

09/07/2006

JOHN S.

Did a great job! Carpet looks brand new again. Great service over the phone setting up the appointment and also with the follow up afterwards. I highly recommend Fremont Stanley Steemer based on our experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in one of our rental properties.

08/26/2006

LESLIE M.

I had an appointment scheduled between 1:00-4:00 on a Saturday. The company called me at 10:00 AM stating they had an earlier time available and asked if I wished them to come within 30 minutes. This was great customer service. I really wanted an AM appointment to begin with. The serviceman was professional, very nice and did a thorough job cleaning my sofas. He completed the job in 1.45 hrs and I had the rest of the afternoon free. Will certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Two sofas and one love seat cleaned.

Category upholstery cleaning

07/05/2006

ANGELA W.

The staff were very courteous, friendly and professional all the way through. It was worth calling Stanley Steemers, although a bit pricey, it was worth it as they did a great job!

Description of Work
The crew (Chris and Rafael) did an excellent job! The carpet looked immaculate after they removed all the stains. Very satisfied with the work performed.

05/15/2006

FELICIA C.

Very professional, prompt, quality service. The carpet looks very clean, and they used a cleaner that would not harm the pets, which was very important. My only criticism is that when they found out that the area rug was wool and not synthetic, that doubled the price of cleaning it, from $40 to $80, which I would have liked to know before they came out. The price quote to clean one room minimum, $112, is reasonable, but when you call them, try to pin them down on whether there could be any additional charges.

Description of Work
Steam cleaning of wall to wall carpet in bedroom and stairwell and of living room area rug.

05/01/2006

MELISSA G.

They were friendly, professional, quick and very reasonably priced!

Description of Work
They cleaned our new apartment within five days of calling them. They did an excellent job. (Three bedrooms and a large living room.)

08/18/2005

I have been using Stanley Steamers for some time now. They are always on time, and do a very good job. This particular job was a three room cleaning with scotch guard. I also have them clean my shop.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets.

07/02/2005

CATHY S.

THE CAME IN AND SET UP, CLEANED A TWO PIECE SECTIONAL, AND ALL 7 THROW PILLOW TOO. THEY ALSO MOVED THE FURNITURE TO GET THE BACK SIDE OF THE SOFAS. STEAMED CLEANED 6 CUSHIONS, THE SIDE, BACK, AND FRONT OF THE PIECE. GREAT SERVICE. THE TWO PEOPLE WHO CAME WERE VERY POLITE, AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS.

Description of Work
COMPANY CLEANED ONE SOFA, ONE SECTIONAL. ADDED STAIN AND WATER REPELLENT TO ONE SOFA.

Category upholstery cleaning

06/20/2005

STEVE B.

STANLEY STEEMER WAS ON TIME AND READY TO DO THE JOB. THEY WERE POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL. THE MAN PRESPOTTED WHERE NEEDED AND THE CARPETS LOOK GREAT. I WILL USE HIM AGAIN IN THE FUTURE. THEY DID A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
STANLEY STEEMER CAME OUT AND CLEANED THE CARPETS IN THE LIVING ROOM, HALL AND DEN.

06/03/2005

SUE L.

THE DID EXCELLENT WORK. MY CARPET LOOKS ALMOST GOOD AS NEW.

Description of Work
CLEANED CARPET IN FAMILY ROOM, DINING ROOM, LIVING ROOM, 1 BEDROOM AND HALL.

04/03/2005

KAREN V.

THE QUALITY OF WORK PERFORMED ON OUR CARPETS WAS VERY GOOD, THE HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS ON THE CARPET CAME OUT REALLY NICE. THE TWO WORKERS WHO PERFORMED THE SERVICE WERE VERY NICE, WORKED EFFICIENTLY, AND WERE GOOD SALES PEOPLE AS THEY TALKED US INTO ADDING ADDITIONAL ROOMS, PLUS BUYING THE DOORMATS RECOMMENDED BY STANLEY STEEMER. WE WOULD USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN THE NEXT TIME WE HAVE OUR CARPETS CLEANED.

Description of Work
WE HAD 5 ROOMS STEAMED CLEANED, PLUS A HALLWAY AND STAIRCASE. ALSO HAD ALL CLEANED AREAS TREATED WITH TEFLON.

Bright Light Cleaning

Profesional carpet cleaning truck mount and extraction carpet washing and drying. Dry foam method for carpet cleaning maintenance. Comercial and residential carpet cleaning on a regular basis. House cleaning move in and outs, deep cleaning and regular cleaning are available. We are also doing electro static disinfection comercial and residential. Deep wipe down disinfection. Stripped and wax comercial and residential, hardwood floor cleaning and buffing comercial and residential also !

Offers Coupon

The Vent Cleaner

The last thing my company will do is nickel and dime a customer for something they don't need. With over 50 years of experience in the trades, The Vent Cleaner has specialized in cleaning, repairing, & maintaining vents for residential, commercial, & HOA clients. Our expert technicians, and advance equipment will clean the air ducts throughout your home. The process includes the removal of unwanted particles and pollutants, from the grill back to the main panel unit, to ensure proper ventilation and the circulation of clean air with only EPA approved products. Our dryer vent cleaning service is a cost effective way to eliminate the unnecessary expense of extended drying times and keep your family safe from the risk of fire. Contact us today to learn more!

Offers Coupon

Floor Covering Contractors

Owner operated busines with over 30 years of experience in resilient flooring, sales and installation.

Carpet, furniture & leather, air duct, area rugs & tile & grout cleaning, autos, boats & RVs, water damage restoration, hardwood floor refinishing and flooring sales & installation.