Colorblast Painting

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2011

Colorblast Painting has been serving the Tri-Valley & East Bay Area’s in all phases of residential and commercial painting since 2010. We focus on giving our customers 100% customer service on every one of our painting projects. Special attention to detail is giving during our prep work to

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

house painting (105)interior painting (46)drywall (6)decks & porches (5)woodworking (4)pressure washing (3)deck cleaning (3)skylight installation (1)

11/16/2021

Mary W.

Colorblast painting, painting the exterior of my home in October, the guys did a wonderful job. And gave me a long warranty

Description of Work
Exterior of my home

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

Review for Colorblast Painting - 534 Lewelling Blvd., San Leandro, CA - 39548838

01/27/2021

Rajiv Y.

On a deadline, so requested few companies to give a quote. They said they would show up, but never did. Trust level not too high on companies who can't manage their calendars.

Description of Work
Asked them to come and give a Quote

Category decks, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Hi there I search for your name through Angie’s List and on my calendar your name and address has not popped up anywhere pretty sure you have us confused with another company not sure what’s going on please reevaluate what company you are reviewing before you leave a review

10/21/2019

David K.

Everything went as planned and as advertised. House looks clean and crisp, painters were professional and diligent. Team was responsive to my scheduling requirements.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

08/12/2019

Karen. L.

Amanda was very nice and punctual. However I never got a bid from her. I contacted her twice about the scaffolding bid. No one ever called Never got a final bid. . so I went with some one else.

Description of Work
Stain our Redwood siding house.

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Hi I did send you over a bid I’ve talk to you, you said you did receive it the only problem was Scaffolding companies couldn’t get a hold of you to schedule an estimate to give us a quote.

06/22/2019

Mariama H.

I did't feel too comfortable with them. They just had way too many pages of contract in details. It's just too complicated. It wasn't user-friendly. I just think that the price was way too high.

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

Hi regarding the contract there is only one page in the contract for the estimate there’s only three pages because it’s detailed so you know what you’re paying thousands of dollars .for the price it wasn’t high I really went down about $1800 and you also missed our appointment so you didn’t get a chance to talk to me for me to discuss everything with you or you didn’t give me a call if you have any questions.

04/05/2019

cassandra M.

Colorblast painting, painted my 3,600ft home in walnut creek . I used 15 colors and 10 accent walls. Amanda and the crew were a pleasure to work with. I will definitely be telling all my neighbors. thank you so much colorblast my home is beautiful

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

11/28/2018

Stephanie G.

At first, great. Set up an appointment for the next day. They rescheduled it at 8am, not a big deal just wanted to arrive an hour earlier than planned. Once they arrived, I got a text she couldn't find parking (there's a public garage in my building. Plus there was ample street parking when I looked off my balcony). She asked me to text pictures instead of a walkthrough. When I pointed out there was plenty of parking they said Sorry, my boss won't let us do the job because we didn't know it was downtown Oakland. (They had the address prior to arrival!) And then said they couldn't take the job because the crew wouldn't have parking.. Obviously they just didn't want to job. I'm glad we didn't move forward, if this is the way it's going to be..

Description of Work
Paint my whole apartment

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed] when we got to the building there was no parking whatsoever we drove around five separate times downtown Oakland looking for parking the nearest parking garage had a sign out there staying full therefore I had nowhere to park if I have nowhere to park to provide an estimate to the crew will most likely have nowhere to park to bring up their ladders 5 gallon bucket’s the paint sprayer I do not see how it’s possible for us to park blocks down and carry all that to your building and that’s what I explain to you . And I also said very sorry for any inconvenience we will need to pass on the job. Best of luck

10/22/2018

Gwen F.

All of what the contract called for was done well. The painters were friendly, professional, and punctual. I've received compliments from neighbors and visiting friends, people have asked for referrals, and even the FedEx guy said "Great paint job!."

Description of Work
Exterior painting of my two-story house.

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

06/13/2018

Michael C.

The job on the garage was beautifully done, with caulking on wood siding and hundreds of set nail holes filled. The crew scraped and repainted wood trim on house as well. All the work was done expertly

Description of Work
new garage painted, trim on house repainted

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Review for Colorblast Painting - 534 Lewelling Blvd., San Leandro, CA - 37151198

Thank you so much it was a pleasure working with you

12/11/2017

Denise J.

Very friendly, professional and job was very well done starting from the start of the project until the end. They were in my budgeted price range and I’m having them back to do some inside painting next.

Description of Work
Outside house painted

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

10/04/2017

Joshua F.

They were fantastic. It was a two person crew. They spent an extraordinary amount of time cleaning and taping up all the stuff.The prep was was well over a week of prep work. Usually, it's like a day of prep work. Great prep work, careful, beautiful painting, high-quality work. They have three different levels of work. You want to get your house sold? Quick paint job. Then, one that would last you three or four years and then ones a guaranteed seven years. i have to tell you their price was the lowest bid that I got. It was $6,900 for a building that was three or four stories. Lots of stories, lots of ladders. I got bids to do the exact same work, the materials and all of that stuff for $3,000 more and then there were bids that were higher than that. My neighbors looking at them.

Description of Work
They did exterior painting.

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

06/07/2017

Chris H.

They did an excellent job on prepping and painting the house. The crew was very thorough and cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
We had our house prepped and painted.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

05/03/2017

Laura B.

Fabian, was here at the time we agreed on. He did an excellent job. Quick, thorough and clean. No mess was left behind. Completed within a day.

Description of Work
Painted two bathrooms and 3 walls in the master bedroom.

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

03/09/2017

Michael O.

I scheduled an appointment to have a quote done and it was moved to another day which was disappointing since they do not pick up the phone and call you when it happens. The day of the rescheduled appointment there was no indication or heads up that they would be late. When the guy arrived 32 minutes late he bailed after I explained to him that appointments and timing are important to keep. He was not apologetic and simply said he was giving a free estimate. The estimate is not free for your prospective client if they have to disrupt their day and wait for you to be late especially after pushing the appointment a day. I guess he did not understand what see you at noon means. If you have an appointment get there early and do not wait to show up after the hard stop. The phone agent when I originally called said that the quote would take around 10 minutes so you had a 20 minute buffer to get there. I had to cut my next appointment by phone short to answer the door. That was not fair to that vendor either. This could have ended better and he could have recovered the situation but rather than give the quote he bailed. Considering the manner in which he responded it is probably a good thing. Very unprofessional in my opinion and I urge people to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painting

Work Completed On 03/04/2017

07/31/2016

Adele C.

Colorblast Painting was among the six exterior painting companies that provided estimates for painting our house. Nathan Martinez, the owner of the company, examined the house, explained our options, and pointed out items that needed attention. He was very knowledgeable and left me with the impression that Colorblast Painting was an honest company that would do a good and thorough job. Although they did not get the job, I don't think you could go wrong with Colorblast Painting.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of our house.

Work Completed On 07/19/2016

05/30/2016

Fred M.

I signed a contract first part of December for them to start in January - rain and completing other jobs delayed the start time. I had a deadline of March 1st - relatives coming for my daughters wedding. Even though they started late they completed the job on time. Nathan and the crew were courteous and professional did a good paint job and clean up afterward. They also painted a wrought iron hand rail with the appropriate metal paint that wasn't in the contract. I was happy with their work and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Power washed, Primed and Painted 4200 sq ft of house exterior.

Work Completed On 02/25/2016

05/11/2016

Ana C.

Nathan and his team at Colorblast painted our home this month (May 2016). The project took a bit over a week (mostly due to weather). One of the things I truly appreciated about Colorblast is that they were always communicating with me to ensure I knew the status of the work. Our home had not been painted in around 10 years and the house needed quite a bit of work, including replacing dry rot. Nathan and his team were great - not only did they paint the exterior of the house, but also replaced the dry rot in our exterior stairs and added siding where it was missing on one side of the house. In addition to painting the exterior of the house, Nathan's team painted our exterior security doors and an adjacent gate - both of which made the house look even better. Working with Colorblast was also easy. Since I had to head out to work pretty early in the morning, I knew I could always email Nathan and his team to ask questions or provide feedback. Coloblast really made this whole home improvement project easy and pain free. I highly recommend Colorblast Painting.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house

Work Completed On 05/10/2016

Review for Colorblast Painting - 534 Lewelling Blvd., San Leandro, CA - 31689263

03/22/2016

Joshua C.

Excellent experience! Professional and knowledgeable staff. Jose was excellent and courteous while painting the home. I have to say it was a pleasureable experience and they did a great job!

Description of Work
Painted both interior snd exterior of whole home.

Work Completed On 03/16/2016

Thank you so much, it was great working with you

10/13/2015

Debra B.

looks so good so far when its done i will leave an up dated review

Description of Work
interior/ crow molding

Work Completed On 10/12/2015

09/22/2015

Debra B.

Colorblast painting has painted more then 3 homes of mine , and friends and now family they are wonderful every time! thank you colorblast.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my moms house

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

09/22/2015

Debra B.

Colorblast painted my sisters interior and exterior . Call colorblast painting they are great!!

Description of Work
exterior/ and interior

Work Completed On 08/03/2015

09/20/2015

Judy K.

I contacted them for a price quote for painting my mom'shouse. At first they were responsive in replying to my inquiry about a price quote. We exchanged emails and confirmed a specific date and time of when they would come to the property for price quote. It was a good thing that I emailed on the day of the appointment to confirm. They apparently never scheduled me for the appointment. Their reason was that I did not replied so they assumed I was not interested anymore. When I reminded with the email chain that I indeed did confirm, no apology for the error at first. They offerred another time that was not going to work, so I told them I was not interested anymore. It was not until I said the missed appointment was their error that they finally apologize which seemed ingenuine.

Description of Work
Provide price quote for exterior house painting.

Work Completed On 09/19/2015

You never confirmed with me on the date or time, so I filled that date and time! Sorry I filled that day when you never confirmed

08/25/2015

Steve M.

With 2 guys, the job should not have required more than a day. The workers spent an inordinate amount of time getting to hardware store and back for paint. Needed extra day and more $$ to finish job.