Artistic Stone Kitchen and Bath Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2005

2973 Teagarden St

San Leandro, CA 94577

Additional address: 2407 E. Charleston Rd. Mountain View, CA 94043 which is open Mon-Fri(10 to 6) and Sat. (10 to 5). We are a one stop shop for Countertop and Tile retailer and contractor. We import natural stone (Marble, Granite, etc,) Engineered Quartz (Caesarstone, Silestone) and Tile (Natural

04/04/2018

Todd M.

Was very pleased with Artistic stone. They explained the process, what needed to be done in terms of preparation and all went as planned. They came out and measured/templated 1 day, and installed a week later. Kept my project on schedule. I will consider them again for my next project.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen countertops.

03/05/2017

Andrew M.

The work, final appearance of the new countertops/sinks, and all interactions we had with Artistic stone were excellent. They were responsive right from the start and throughout the process. The slabs were easily viewed in their show room so we could pick out exactly those three we wanted, which were then reserved. Artistic stone was very flexible in the scheduling so we could have the work done in two stages to still have a working sink during the process. The workers were prompt, very courteous and highly skilled. The whole process was totally positive, and the results were beautiful. We highly recommend Artistic Stone.

Description of Work
We had three bathroom countertops replaced with granite, including five vitreous china sinks. One of the counters had the “banjo” cut-out over the toilet. Total length of all three counters was about twenty feet and all three had the bullnose edge. The complete cost from Artistic Stone including demolition and carry away of the old countertops, all materials, fabrication and labor was $4,360, which was a highly competitive cost compared to other places we checked. We purchased our own new faucets and chose a local plumber to do their installation.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

02/24/2016

Doyal P.

Provider will not send anyone to my house to measure the kitchen for granite surfaces and backsplash. They require that the owner give an accurate layout and measurement of the work to be done.

Description of Work

Category ceramic tile, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/25/2015

Karen Y.

We were very satisfied with our granite counters from Artistic Stone. Deborah Daniels was very easy to work with, and very knowledgeable. She helped us with many good suggestions. They took a lot of time moving slabs around so that we could see and select the ones we liked best. The demolition was fast, and the two men cleaned up quite well afterward. Demolition and installation was on schedule. We purchased 61 sq feet of pre-fab counters in River Gold Light. We had one 42" wide counter area that had to be cut to fit into a deep window pocket. Unfortunately, this slab broke in transit to our house. This was our favorite of the 4 slabs we bought, and we were very disappointed. Also, the 42" slab we bought was the only one, so we could not try again with a replacement slab. The installers were able to salvage 75% of it, and we ended up with an extra seam to piece in a new smaller piece (25.5" wide) for the broken part. Artistic Stone was very helpful in finding a slab that would come close to matching what was broken. And the installers came back on a Sunday to complete the job! The moral of the story is: Granite can break. If you buy the last piece of pre-fab granite, and it breaks, you will have to make compromises to get your job done. But even with this one problem, we would still recommend Artistic Stone. They have a good selection of pre-fab stone. The price was right, the job was done well, and the installers were very polite and accommodating. We are satisfied with our counters and we would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Demolish ceramic tile counter tops, install new plywood base, and install pre-fab granite

Category ceramic tile, countertops, pavers, gravel, marble & granite

03/30/2015

Jeffrey A D.

They did it fine. They were responsive. They did a quality work. If I needed something changed a little bit later, they won't have problems changing it. For tile and countertop work, that's where I would go. They were flexible.

Description of Work
They did a laundry room, a kitchen and three bathrooms. The kitchen was almost three years ago. The laundry room and one bathroom was two years ago.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

03/30/2015

Jeffrey A D.

They were excellent. They're fantastic. I was a little disappointed that they couldn't do something like my master bath. They just do a fantastic job. They do better work. The tile work was aces. The quality of the job was fantastic. That's why I'm a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Last summer, they provided the tile for the master bathroom. They did the tile work in the other two bathrooms. They did tile and countertop.

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, marble & granite, home remodeling

02/15/2015

Tamar B.

First off, before any of this started, Artistic Stone did not honor my Angie's List coupon. Claimed I didn't qualify because didn't reach a minimum (coupon said no such thing) then gave me a run-around, claiming it didn't apply to sale items (which mine was not). Then comes the real nightmare. The countertop they installed had to be replaced twice, meaning I have had three different countertops. The first one was cut wrong. Sink hole too big. The second one was installed incorrectly and had to be replaced. The third was cut wrong again and involved multiple trips to remedy because their installers kept templating wrong. Furthermore, their installers showed up late and / or didn't show up at all. And when they came they left caulking all over the counter and stove, etc. By the time it was over there were seven trips from Artistic Stone installers, multiple days lost having to go to showroom to pick out new countertops and waiting around for installers and / or dealing with the company's management, which kept making bizarre excuses. Like: your walls aren't straight. (Isn't that why they sent someone out to template? Three times?!!! ). Most companies would be embarrassed and offer to make amends. Not Artstic Stone! Remarkably, even after things went haywire, management made no offer to compensate me for inconvenience, aggravation and days lost. In fact, they flat out refused to even discuss it, claiming that they'd already lost too much money on the job. (Which is entirely their fault). If you are considering patronizing this establishment you should read the Yelp reviews and see postings by multiple people (including experienced contractors) who have had similar experiences with Artistic Stone. I would avoid this company. THere's plenty of other options in the Bay Area.

Description of Work
New countertop

Category marble & granite

Hi [member name removed], We are really sorry for any inconvenience and confusion caused by me and our team. I do apologize for the coupon. Your home is at 7th floor and total job amount is $1,386.21. It takes a lot more efforts, man-power and time to do the job without drive way parking or any working space. We felt we didn't charge you enough for those condition. So I told Sales Person to keep original price. You are right. We should offer you the coupon since we advertised it in Angie List. At first installation, there was miscommunication about sink reveal between our template team and guys in the shop. We made negative reveal for sink in the shop, not 0 reveal you like. So we recut new piece and replaced the sink counter due to our team's mistake. At second installation, you called us about spot a few weeks after installation. We are thinking maybe the installation team put too much glue around the sink for reinforcement and it got into stone. However, it didn't show it right after installation. We sent team over and tried to fix it, but it didn't come off. So we decided to just replace it. We have been installing over 900 kitchens and vanity tops per year and we have been using this glue last 15 years. We don't really know how it happened. We will definitely do some test on the glue and make sure it won't happen again. We also will definitely streamline our process from template to installation and make sure every step is clear. [member name removed], We did follow our Warranty&contract and re-did the work to fix our mistake. So we cannot do full refund for the project. However, we do understand that you lost some of your personal time to be home for the project. We can compensate you the time you spent for it and 10% Coupon we should get you at first time. Please contact us. ----Helen

10/11/2014

Dan S.

Excellent! The person that came out was really good. He explained what he was going to do. He was able to deal with some problems very well. There were a couple of modifications he had to make. He had a good price.

Description of Work
They replaced our kitchen counters and installed coach counter tops.

Category countertops, home remodeling

08/31/2014

Alicia A.

Our experience with Artistic Stone was terrific. Deborah Daniels was our Sales Rep. She is very knowledgeable about granite and tiles. She is a designer, as well, and had the design skills to help us make a good selection. We selected our granite from their warehouse, where they have a wide variety of granite and marble. I had "buyer/design" remorse, a few days later. Deborah understood and worked with us to select another color. There was no issues. She was very understanding. Her team demo/installers (Anthony and Victor) were terrific. The demo of the old granite was done and no damage was done to our existing cabinets. The granite and back splash were installed and Deborah was available to answer a design question. I highly recommend Artistic Stone.

Description of Work
Provided new granite and backsplash in our kitchen.

12/12/2013

Daile R.

They are very knowledgeable, very pleasant, different options. It is a smaller place, very personalized and good selection quality items. They are easy to work with. I was very comfortable working with them and they were very professional. They helped me and provided good guidance in selection of materials which I needed when I purchased. They helped out in the process of selection. Their price was very competitive.

Description of Work
I had ordered tiles for bathroom floor from Artistic Stone Kitchen & Bath.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

11/23/2013

George D.

On time. Best quality. Best workmanship.

Description of Work
new granit countertops in kitchen

Category countertops, marble & granite

Thanks [removed member name]. It was a pleasure working for you, your wife and your pet dog.

10/28/2013

JOAN C.

Wow - perfect! Helen assisted me and was patient and super helpful as I wandered around looking for just the right material. I was so impressed by the customer service, the products, everything. I had visited 5 places before this where I felt ignored. I had expected more of the same here but the experience here was totally different. When I changed my mind about color, I even felt comfortable enough asking Helen to choose another color - even though I ultimately went back to my original choice.

Description of Work
I purchased quartz countertops that were to be installed by my contractor.

09/15/2013

Matthew A.

These guys did a good job. All the work is done on site which we liked. They were less expensive than a competing bid. We were happy with the work result.

Description of Work
Install granite countertop in bathroom.

08/09/2013

Mary H.

Always on time. Good product. Looks good.

Description of Work
counter tops

06/16/2013

Lisa S.

They did the job fast and it looks great. I would use then again.

Description of Work
Tile installed in laundry room and fireplace surround.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, fireplaces

05/31/2013

David D.

They were great, we thought they were very good. The field representer, she was very helpful and that communication was very good, if there was something that didn't work out or whatever, they were good about contacting them. Overall, it was the best, we compared several places so we started with them initially and then I've gone back to them. They were all just great.

Description of Work
We had used Artistic Stone Kitchen and Bath Inc. We selected granites from them for our kitchen countertop. They did the tiling too.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite

05/15/2013

Thomas W.

Everybody I met at the showroom was helpful and friendly. Sakiko the estimator was always helpful and timely in her responses. Cris the installer was first class. One of my slabs was warped, but Cris was still able to work with the piece and make it look good. His seams are so tight that you wouldn?t be able to fit a sheet of paper between them before they were bonded! The seams are almost invisible. A first class installation. The response from this company is very quick. It took less than two weeks from my initial contact to when the installation was complete. Price was about in the middle of the estimates I received.

Description of Work
Had Artistic Stone install several pre-manufactured Quartz counter tops in my kitchen that I had previously purchased elsewhere. The install required some fairly complex fitting.

04/14/2013

Randall L.

I am a DIY person doing my own kitchen remodel and I was at the phase where I needed to get going on the countertop selection. So my wife and I embarked on searching for the perfect granite for our kitchen. We visited about a dozen yards and a few that did installation. I came across Artistic Stone in Yelp. I read the available reviews in Yelp and Angies List and traveled to their San Leandro location. Dave greeted us and gave us a tour of the facility. They do a lot of prefab but they were experience in getting slabs and performing installation too. The more I talked with Dave, I could tell that he knew his trade. I came to find out that he was the manager of the installers and was filling-in for people during lunch. I felt pretty good about Artistic Stone but there always remains the big Question??How much would it be. Dave introduced us to Yvette, since I had my kitchen counter dimensions she offered to give us a quote while we looked around some more. About 20 minutes later she had a quote based on a theoretical price for the slabs. So off we went to look at more slabs. I had gotten 2 additional quotes from 2 other installers who basically do the same service. Speeding up a week, we found the piece we wanted at IRG in Burlingame. I relayed the contact info to Yvette and she took it from there. Another Quote was generated by the next day and a schedule for templating was set up. Artistic stone took care of us the whole way. They informed us on what the process was and ensured that the schedule would meet our needs. The team of Vasile and Marcel arrived on time and were fast working and very informative. As a DIY, I asked them a boatload of question and they were more than happy to explain what they were doing. The templating went without a hitch. There is a time when the customer can see where the granite fabricator is going to place the templates on the slab. I was informed on which day this was going to happen. Dave was there to ensured that were happy with where the seams would be and answer any questions. So Vasile and Marcel came back again to install the granite. They did all the normal installation but there was one location where the ogee bullnose literally did not match up at the seam due to the angle. I went outside for about 15 minutes and came back. I was showned the location again and now the granite matched up perfectly. I don?t know how he did it but I was relieved that counter did not crack or that we had to get a new piece made even though we couldn?t because there was no extra material . Another plus was that they know what detail work like the backsplash height and location would work since they have seen countless kitchens. Marcel fabbed a transition piece for my window sill that looks great. Overall, fun time and a great service with an outstanding staff. I would highly recommend Artistic stone to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Templating my countertops, installing countertops

04/01/2013

Dorothy S.

Did not use, but they were responsive and courteous.

Description of Work
Did not use this company because I decided to hold off on the kitchen renovation, however, they were responsive and courteous.

02/12/2013

Iris C.

They were professional and on time. They gave me a quote in a reasonable time. We have not used them yet. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Artistic Stone Kitchen and Bath Inc gave us a quote for new marble entry way.

01/13/2013

Lynda F.

Artistic Stone in San Leandro This company is amazing! We discovered Artistic Stone on Angie?s List, and we are SO grateful! We have absolutely no reservations whatsoever in recommending this company to anyone needing granite work. We first met with Sakiko Ueno, Sales and Design Representative, who was very professional while still very approachable and friendly. She answered all our questions then escorted us to the granite in stock. At no time were we ever pressured or swayed in our choices and the entire experience was wonderful. We found exactly what we were looking for, picked out our granite, and they offered to come out the following Monday (we selected our granite Saturday afternoon, so just one business day later!) and we gratefully accepted. As promised, on Monday morning Julian and Daniel (Granite Installers) arrived on time and started work. Later in the day, when our granite backsplashes were delivered, Julian inspected them but refused them due to imperfections on the pieces. My husband happened to be walking in as this was happening and was so grateful to Julian for not accepting the sub-standard pieces. They truly treated this job as if they were working in their own homes. They were fast, efficient, professional, thoughtful, friendly and highly skilled. Twice during this process, we had to contact Artistic Stone for unforeseen special requests. Because Sakiko was working at a different location when I called, my calls were answered by two different employees in the Sales office, Evette and Helen (I believe). However, much to my surprise, they were both familiar with our project and were able to assist us on the spot with whatever we needed. Finally, they can?t be beat regarding exceptional pricing. During our recent remodeling of our kitchen, our Contractor quoted us $4500 to add granite counters. Thank?s to Angie?s list, we had already checked prices of their competitors and knew we could find a better deal and contacted Artistic Stone. When done, our total cost was only $1890 including materials and installation of two slabs and two backsplashes, plus tax, and they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! If you need granite, look no further. This company is the best!!!

Description of Work
Execptional!

11/26/2012

Alicia M.

Yvette in sales is amazing! We spent a lot of time and multiple visits to pick out our pieces. The warehouse has a lot of unique choices and nice lower priced remnant pieces for small spaces. The installers were wonderful, very friendly and professional, laying down blankets so as not to damage our flooring. They even waited for us to finish a time capsule to include in our kitchen before sealing the countertops. This place collaborates with you on design and really wants you to have a unique look. The owners are very friendly and helpful as well, as we had a special loan for rehab which delayed our payment at one point and they were completely understanding and nice about the whole thing. But most of all our kitchen and bathrooms look amazing - more beautiful than we ever imagined. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed granite kitchen countertops and marble bathroom countertops. Tiled 2 bathroom floors and backsplashes.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, marble & granite, home remodeling

06/19/2012

Colleen F.

Our experience with the Mtn. View showroom and Maria was excellent. Very responsive, helpful and answered all of our questions. The selection process and consultation went well. The scheduling and installation was fine overall, and the few hiccups we had with scheduling and fixing a few details of the work were handled professionally and promptly.

Description of Work
We had a pre-fab granite countertop installed as well as ceramic tile backsplash.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/13/2012

Pamela H V.

I went into the showroom in Mountain View many times to look at samples and discuss design ideas with Maria and the other salespeople. They (especially Maria who was my primary contact) were always very helpful and knowledgeable. I went up to the warehouse in San Leandro several times to look at the materials available and decided on a Carrara Marble. I scheduled the install for two weeks out (just to give myself enough time to finish the cabinets). The install only took about three hours (maybe less). The installation team was very efficient and professional and did a fantastic job. They caulked the sink, sealed the marble and cleaned up. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Maria was so great to work with and never got annoyed with my indecisiveness (it took me over a year to decide what material I wanted). Their prices are very good but I especially liked how efficient and streamlined the process is.

Description of Work
Honed marble counter-tops installed in kitchen.

08/01/2011

priscilla N.

I worked with Michael in the Mountain View store and he was excellent. Great customer service, not pushy at all, and overall very helpful. The store had a smaller selection than their competitor down the road, but what they did have was tasteful and fit my needs. Each time I called, Michael was very courteous and helped me get what I needed in a short time frame.

Description of Work
I ordered tiles for my bathroom (tub/shower).

Category ceramic tile