Appleby Cleaning and Restoration

Founded 1955 • With Angi since October 2005

1660 Timothy Dr

San Leandro, CA 94577

20 Employees. No subs. No travel charges. Free estimates to Alameda and Contra Costa Counties....

09/28/2018

SUSAN L.

Tile on sunroom exceeds my expectations! I had this company come and clean the terra cotta tiles in our sunroom and I'm very happy with the result! I picked this business based on Yelp and the fact that they are a family owned business. I plan on using them for our Mexican satillo tiles in the kitchen too. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Sunroom terra cotta tile cleaning, sealing with water based acrylic

Category ceramic tile, floor cleaning

07/23/2018

Terry T.

Appleby Cleaning repaired damage done to my tile by stripping, cleaning and restoring the ceramic tile and grout in my kitchen and bathrooms in my condominium in Emeryville. They are a TOP NOTCH company. They did an excellent job, punctual & professional. The entire experience from my initial phone call to the conclusion was excellent.

Description of Work
strip, clean and restore ceramic tile in kitchen and bathrooms

Category ceramic tile

03/08/2018

Pat R.

I had 2 pet stains. They were able to both out.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

03/29/2017

Edward C.

Grout on shower floor had hard water stains. They were back within 2 days of the job.

Description of Work
Carpets cleaned and tiles were cleaned and sealed

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We try to respond ASAP to any client's concerns.

01/23/2017

Lynne P.

I have used Appleby for carpet cleaning for years. Just tried them for master bath tile cleaning and grout repair. They were on time, totally professional and did an amazing job. Removed mold. cleaned grout. and regrouted problem sections. Matched the grout color exactly. Bathroom looks brand new again. well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Bathroom tile cleaning and grout repair/

Category ceramic tile

Wow, L. Thanks for the kind words. We try to make all our clients happy!

01/19/2016

LYNETTE A.

I just thought they would have checked my ducts and air filters but they wanted to sell me things I didn't want. They wanted to get under the house and wrap insulation around the air duct which I wasn't interested in and that's not why I hired them. So I was not impressed. They were polite, they were nice, they came on schedule and they were timely. It's just too much money for nothing.

Description of Work
They called into my house and looked at the air duct but they weren't interested in cleaning my air filters and they said you have to replace them.

Category air duct cleaning

Hi L. We will take care of this. We don't want anyone hard selling our clients!

01/13/2016

Barbara D.

The job done was superficial and stains came back quickly. I felt the cost was very high though perhaps I don't know what other providers would do and what they would charge.

Description of Work
We had our carpet in our flat and furniture sofa, loveseat and chair cleaned. The job done was superfical and stains came back quickly. I felt the cost was very high

Category carpet cleaners, flooring contractor

12/05/2015

Kim B.

The experience was very easy and convenient for us. The owner came out to bid on the marble re-honing and was very knowledgeable about natural stone. He was able to guide us on the right decision as well as tell us how to maintain the finish. We also had our carpets cleaned and our back patio resealed. The workers came during the day while we were at work. I popped in a few times as I work nearby and they were very professional, tidy and the place looked like new when they left. I'd highly recommend!

Description of Work
Appleby's Cleaned our carpets, sealed our back patio and re-honed our marble countertops. Quite a large job. I didn't put a price because it was broken down by the job and was based on sq ft. I'd recommend getting an estimate for your particular job. I felt the price was very reasonable.

Category carpet cleaners, marble & granite

Hi K. Thanks for the excellent review and info. We try to be as accurate as we can with estimates and meet or exceed your expectations!

12/04/2015

elena S.

Was awesome, quick and professional and results were great

Description of Work
Cleaned two filthy couches!

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

Thanks E. S.! We really appreciate the kind words.

11/28/2015

Daniel R.

It went very well, they were professional and courteous. We were happy with the job.

Description of Work
Cleaned area rugs, cleaned and sealed grout

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, oriental rug cleaning

Thank you D R! We strive to make all of our clients happy. Being a family owned business, every good word counts!

07/09/2015

George H.

Fine. It was the third time we'd gone to Appleby and there service was very satisfactory. I dropped off the rug (I believe they do free pick-ups but call and clarify that), got the work order copy and drove off. They called and let us know when they were finished. It was pretty standard and went the way it should have. This was the second rug they had cleaned and they previously had cleaned an upholstered chair for us. We'll go back.

Description of Work
Cleaned a 9 X 12 area rug

Category carpet cleaners

Thanks G. H. We do appreciate your comments. Glad we didn't drop the ball!!!

05/29/2015

kristine e S.

it has been a horrible experience. I also run a business and think they should have at least made every effort to correct whatever they did to my floors. now, I have to pay another company to come and fix what Appleby did to my floors. even though the contractor "signed off" I told Appleby it was tantamount to someone having surgery - the doctor performed the surgery and closed everything up and everyone left the operating room - then a nurse walks by and sees the patient bleeding to death. should she just keep walking and say the "doctor signed off"??

Description of Work
my contractor hired them to clean my tile floors as a "courtesy" after the major re-pipe project I had done. my floors were newly installed (ceramic tile) late 2008 and were beautiful when I left for work but I agreed the contractor could arrange for the "cleaning". when I got home, there were splotches of what looks like acrylic all over my floors. they came out the first time and said "your contractor signed off on this". they came out a second time and wanted to charge $1500. they came out a third time and said they would fix the problem for $800. obviously I won't use them again and have a new company coming out next week to fix this

Category carpet cleaners, flooring contractor, floor cleaning

A contractor hired us to clean and seal tile floors at (removed member address). We gave 2 options on the cleaning process. The correct way of stripping the old sealer off the floors and resealing them or the more inexpensive way of just cleaning and resealing what was there. The contractor chose the less expensive way, which we did, and he was very happy with the work and the results. He signed off on the paperwork and paid us. The homeowner was not happy with the results. We made 3 trips to her home and spoke numerous times over the phone the difference between the 2 cleaning processes. We offered to do the stripping at a discounted price minus what her contractor had already paid us. The offer was made in good faith knowing it would not cover our expenses in the hope she'd be happy. She stated she would not pay for our work and we should do the work for free.

04/30/2015

kenneth W.

It was very easy to work with them.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2 oriental rugs

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Thanks KW. Every positive comments helps. You are easy to work for!!!

04/06/2015

Loretta M.

It was perfectly clean. It wasn't hard to get an appointment to get them to come and pick up the rugs, they came within the same week. They explained what they will be cleaning. I have a dog and they were specific about what they would do to get rid of pet stains. And there was no fading or discoloration of the rugs at all.

Description of Work
I had five area rugs cleaned. It took them two weeks because they let them air dry; they don't force dry them.

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Thanks LM! We try to communicate with all our clients and let them know. We've seen many rugs and know most of the time what the final result will be!

03/25/2015

Valerie C.

I have used Applebys for the cleaning of my area rugs since 2007. They are not the cheapest but their quality of work is worth the price. With area rugs, it has been my experience that you get what you pay for. I would have given Applebys an A rating but: I purchased a new area rug and due to the size of the rug best t was no longer an option to drop off the rug. When I went to schedule the rug pickup, i was limited to one day out of the week and an afternoon time due to the applebys pickup plans. Also please note, their pickup service is not free. To date, I have been unable to get the new living room area rug cleaned due to the Appleby's pickup limitations. Appleby's rug cleaning is top notch but I am very disappointed and frustrated with their rug pickup service.

Description of Work
Clean living room area rug

03/25/2015

kaushal S.

Very happy with them. They did better then we expected.

Description of Work
Restoration for storm

Category house cleaning

Thanks KS for the kind words. We're glad we exceeded your expectations!

03/09/2015

Karen G.

Appleby did a terrific job. I've never had the floors professionally cleaned in the 16 years I've owned the house, and these floors are in the kitchen and family room, the two most heavily used rooms in the house. It was easy to schedule the estimate and I appreciated that they sent an email confirming the time and even providing a picture of the person who would be coming to my house. They were on time for the estimate, and flexible in scheduling the job quickly, even accommodating last minute changes in my schedule without complaint. They said their guys would be here between 8:30 and 9:00 am and they were here at 8:45. They said they'd be done by about 3:00 and they finished by 2:30. The two workers on site immediately covered their shoes and all parts of the other floors that they were stepping on. They were extremely polite and professional. They moved furniture without complaint and did not leave a scrap of paper or speck of dust in their wake. Most importantly, the tiles look far better than I ever imagined -- truthfully I wasn't expecting much given their condition, but I am truly pleased with the result. They did offer to do one extra service but not in a pushy way and when I said no that was the end of the conversation, no repeated attempt. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Power cleaned large ceramic floor tiles and grout and sealed the grout

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, floor cleaning

Thanks KG! Great review. We love feedback from our clients and know that you took time out of your busy schedule to write this. We hope to work for you again in the future!

02/13/2015

Doug W.

The workers arrived on time, were courteous, friendly, & professional. They took care to avoid marring newly installed baseboard. When they were done we could only tell the difference between old and new flooring from memory of where the dividing line had been. We could not be more pleased with our experience with Appleby's Hardfloor Division.

Description of Work
Restoration honing, polishing, and sealing of existing Carrara Marble flooring tile, and polishing existing and recently installed new matching tile.

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, marble & granite, floor cleaning

06/10/2014

Linda A.

There were two small areas on newly installed carpet with cat urine. After the spot cleaning and treatment the carpet still did not smell clean. I aired out the rooms but was not completely satisfied with the technicians work or efforts. When I originally set up the appointment I was told that the technician would check to determine if the padding under the carpet would need to be replaced. This was not done by the technician. In terms of timeliness, the technician was more than an hour late for the appointment.

Description of Work
Spot stained carpet to remove cat urine in two locations then cleaned carpets in four rooms and hallway.

09/05/2013

Susan K.

They came on time, courteous, did their thing, office people for scheduling were nice Cost with 10% Angie's List discount. We did not get extra treatments - just rug cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets

07/01/2013

WENDY W.

They are a family owned business. I like that I have the same people come into my house every time. Their workers are very personable and polite. The quality of cleaning is very good. I only have enough for the minimum. I have a family room carpet that is Berber and I think their minimum to come out is 375 square feet. That’s their minimum. So usually I have them do other areas to kind of fill in to make the minimum. They are always good. Ms. Shelba who works in the office to the person who they send out are very good.

Description of Work
I used Appleby Cleaning and Restoration for carpet cleaning. I use them all the time.

Daniel H.

It was okay. It wasn’t stellar, but it wasn’t awful. It was a fair price. They did what they said they would do. They did the work. The work was done when they said it would be done. It was fine. I won't say anything negative.

Description of Work
Appleby Cleaning and Restoration did car upholstery. They also did an upholstered folding chair after a Christmas spill with some kids.

Category upholstery cleaning, auto upholstery

DH-Thanks for your effort and the B rating. We know it's taking time out of your busy schedule. Let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Thor S.

The overall impression was good. They were neat, timely, and did what we asked.

Description of Work
I used Appleby Cleaning and Restoration to refurbish marble in bathroom and cleaned the grout in the kitchen.

Category marble & granite

Thanks you TS. We strive to be a top quality company and serve you as best as we can!

KAthleen M.

They were great. They came when they said they would, did what they said they would, had a reasonable price and returned the carpet on time. All good things.

Description of Work
I used Appleby Cleaning and Restoration for carpet repair and cleaning.

Category carpet cleaners

Thanks KM! We sure appreciate the A!!!

Kathleen R.

It was a great experience! They were courteous, on time and very professional.

Description of Work
I did use Appleby Cleaning and Restoration for carpet cleaning.

Bright Light Cleaning

Profesional carpet cleaning truck mount and extraction carpet washing and drying. Dry foam method for carpet cleaning maintenance. Comercial and residential carpet cleaning on a regular basis. House cleaning move in and outs, deep cleaning and regular cleaning are available. We are also doing electro static disinfection comercial and residential. Deep wipe down disinfection. Stripped and wax comercial and residential, hardwood floor cleaning and buffing comercial and residential also !

Offers by Bright Light Cleaning on Angi
    The Vent Cleaner

The last thing my company will do is nickel and dime a customer for something they don't need. With over 50 years of experience in the trades, The Vent Cleaner has specialized in cleaning, repairing, & maintaining vents for residential, commercial, & HOA clients. Our expert technicians, and advance equipment will clean the air ducts throughout your home. The process includes the removal of unwanted particles and pollutants, from the grill back to the main panel unit, to ensure proper ventilation and the circulation of clean air with only EPA approved products. Our dryer vent cleaning service is a cost effective way to eliminate the unnecessary expense of extended drying times and keep your family safe from the risk of fire. Contact us today to learn more!

Offers by The Vent Cleaner on Angi
    B Green Service

B Green Service is a family-owned & operated, serving both residential and commercial needs of the bay area and beyond. We offer quality service at a price you can afford with no hidden or surprise costs. Our customers can be assured that when you work with B Green Service, whether it is regarding a small service repair, preventative maintenance, indoor air quality or system upgrades, we are committed to providing you with the level of quality and service that can only come from a business committed to your complete satisfaction. we are known for our experienced technicians, exceptional customer service and well thought out designs tailored to the individual needs of each customer.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Natural stone care, marble polishing, travertine, limestone cleaning, mexican paver renovation, regrouting, re-caulking,, tile and grout cleaning, grout staining, hardwood floor sanding, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor recoating, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, duct cleaning, area rug cleaning, area rug repair, stainless steel & glass & hardwood cleaning.

We do not sell, fabricate or install stone, carpet or tile. We do not sell hardwood.