Seaside Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2010

32959 Calle Perfecto C

San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

We provide service and installation of all residential and commercial air conditioning and heating systems. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff offer unsurpassed customer service guiding our clients through the service or installation process. We pride ourselves on identifying what our customers truly want and need from their air conditioning and heating systems. Next we provide the most efficient cost effective way to fulfill our clients requests. We are honest, reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and prompt. We have no diagnostic fee for service calls if we do the repair. We offer warranties on our service up to 5 years. We offer our VIP Membership maintenance plans. We accept all major credit cards. All of our technicians are our associates as we do not use subcontracted service or installation technicians. We do subcontract, however, for Asbestos Abatement....

10/09/2017

Billie L.

It went fine, I was happy with their work.

Description of Work
They installed an a/c and furnace for me as well as cleaned my ducts out for me.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

09/12/2017

Bill D.

I actually met him outside of the hardware store and he did a great job. The guy was really quite good. For $99 he checked my heater, my air conditioner. My air conditioner is working a lot better than before he came. If I get a new system I will probably go through him. Actually I have a meeting with one of their guys this week about a new system. He was a really nice guy.

Description of Work
He did a tune up.

08/20/2017

ravi T.

Scheduling was easy, the technician was knowledgeable & thorough & communicated clearly.

Description of Work
annual service of Ac unit

07/17/2017

Richard V.

Diagnosed needed repairs, then repaired during same visit.

Description of Work
Diagnostic and repair of two A/C units.

07/17/2017

Dee W.

It was professional - he did not try to upsell, but explained why XYZ might breakdown.

Description of Work
AC tune-up and add refrigerant.

06/15/2017

Lucy C.

They did a good job. They initiated the call to make the appointment and they came and did that. I was pleased when I got the call. I liked their representative and how knowledgeable he was and how willing he was to spend the time to explain things in a way that I could understand. He was a very good representative for Seaside, but he doesn't work for them anymore. He was wonderful to work with. I liked the product. It was better than the one I had before.

Description of Work
They did maintenance that was part of the deal I purchased.

03/11/2017

Jerrold H.

They gave us information that is in direct conflict with the warranty services.

Description of Work
Tune up on A/C unit. Installed new thermostat.

01/03/2017

Frank H.

Technician arrived just after time window stated. On initial inspection informed me without explanation that the furnace should be red tagged. On questioning had to do with routing of gas supply line and changes in building code sine furnace installed (have not yet verified that issue). Then used the crack in the fire box ploy to try to push new furnace. Placed CO probe where what he was measuring was incomplete combustion of the natural gas on the right side of the burner. Yet did not offer to check reason for that. Several times questioned me on if there were carbon monoxide monitors in the home. I asked about rerouting gas line. Stated would not work on or check out any other issues on furnace as it was so old he was afraid something (a wire or a gas line) would break. Seems to me in a service request if something on the furnace was that fragile that it should have been identified and fixed. The tech was more than happy to give me quote on a new furnace. I have another service company giving me second opinions and if furnace cannot be repaired will arrange for new furnace through someone else. All in all a very unsatisfying experience although for my $95.00 investment I did get a new filter in addition to being entertained by a IMHO a somewhat disingenuous repair man.

Description of Work
Asked for a check up of gas furnace including filter replacement and potentially if duct cleaning was in order.

12/23/2016

Gary H.

Scott, the Seaside Service Manager, arrived on time and with a cheery disposition. From his demeanor, I knew right away that he would confidently figure out the problem, even though it was immediately apparent to him that I would benefit greatly by replacing my 17-year-old system. Knowing that I really needed to get the furnace back on line, Scott went to work trouble-shooting, and within minutes he narrowed the problem down to a blown inline fuse. After performing several electrical checks, he had the heat working in my house again. I'm a pretty good DIY guy, but Scott's 20 years of experience was well worth the very reasonable price I paid to get my furnace working again. There is no doubt that I will be calling Seaside Air Conditioning & Heating when I am ready to upgrade to a modern, efficient and reliable system. Great communication and service, no high-pressure sales pitch, quick positive result, and all at a reasonable price: This was my experience, and I believe most of their customers experience the same. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
My air conditioner/furnace was dead, so I used the $40 service coupon to have a technician take a look and tell me what I needed done to bring it back to life.

12/01/2016

Steven L.

Tech was on time & professional?

Description of Work
Heating check-up

10/06/2016

Mark L.

Spent about 10-15 min to confirm what the suspected problem, however refused to provide the freon that was included in the deal. Also arrived earlier than was scheduled and asked me to come home to accommodate his schedule.

Description of Work
Deal was for inspection and included free filter and freon.

09/13/2016

Lee S.

While the Rep/tech was professional and quickly discovered the AC Fuse or fuses had blown (causing the shut-down of the unit days before), he/they wanted a whopping $179. to replace them (5 minutes work & parts costing less than $15. if even close). He also stated that he/they would or could do no 'tune-up' work until that was fixed so, i wasted $59. imo, for not much help nor any improvement. While i took estimates and decided to hire another regional firm charging me at least 1K less than this firm & most others offered to replace everything w/new, this firm & rep did at least find out about the fuses quickly, and so to speak, were off the hook for doing anything, for $59. (which they HAD done a yr previous when i first tried them). Can't give them an honest thumbs down but........

Description of Work
a basic AC 'Tune-up' with possibly more Freon pumped in as part of this offer.

08/28/2016

robert O.

Well, our system is very old and needs to be replaced. Not great news, but we thought this might be the outcome. Rep arrived on time and provided good service. Our issue is with the Angie's List e-mail system which I will address with them.

Description of Work
New Airconditioner

08/22/2016

Dan G.

Well, the bottom line is that the air conditioning is working fine now. So I guess I'm happy. Had to have 6 1/2 lbs of refrigerant pumped in. Charged us for 1lb less because of the coupon. While the service person was nice and he was competent he didn't seem too familiar with what needed to be checked as part of the coupon. I had to show it to him so he could run down the list. He originally offered a very strange air filter fabric type thing that he said was the normal for them to provide as part of the coupon, which I doubt anyone would ever take. I noticed some normal air filters in the truck and he gave me one of those when I asked. While working now, our unit is almost 30 yrs old so I expected some advice that we could use a new unit. He threw out a rough price range of starting from 10k for an average unit to 20k for top of the line. Doing more research, it seems like these prices are super high but I don't really know. I will certainly get multiple bids before I would agree to this.

Description of Work
Central Air wasn't working well enough to cool the house. Used a $59 central air tune up coupon knowing that some additional repairs would be needed.

08/04/2016

Ted D.

They did exactly what they said they would do and exactly when they said they would. The crew knocked it out and were very conscientious & respectful. The unit works great and cools the house nicely.

Description of Work
Installed new A/C unit and tied into existing forced air heating unit. House didn't have a/c before, only heat.

07/30/2016

Stephen N.

Company took an existing HVAC system with flaws and made it worse. Cut holes in drywall as opposed to crawling to source of leak and installing new duct connector. End result less air flow, phone calls with attitude from owner. Victor Serrano does not want to solve problem. Victor wants to argue about my or your lack of knowledge of AC. He completely will not admit his installers did not repeat did not check ducts for air flow. Two of the hottest rooms in home have barely a trickle of cool air and his response a bunch of BS about well umm ums the this or that is needed and I am an expert. However his expertise does not include putting his hand up to a vent and realizing no cool air is flowing out. His non stop response is to deflect to his quote years of experience. Well in his years of experience he has not realized people who want AC want cool air to come out of vents and cool rooms. Victors years of knowledge has him convinced that the air is best shot into the rafters and not into rooms. Which is insane by any sane persons knowledge, but he insists he is the expert . This is what you get with this company attitude and not results. If you question them he goes right to the rhetoric and his babble. So if you contract with this company you have to watch ever move they make, check every thing and if you dont like what they have done? Know that you will get no polite help just combative jargon and the see you in court attitude. Contract with them and have your attorney on retainer. Lastly to all fellow Veteran's know this company has a problem with Veteran's. No idea why, but they do very very disrespectful.

Description of Work
Supposed to repair/replace low flow duct system. Replaced flawed duct system which as was told to Victor Serrano had a leak in main up stairs duct with low air flow. Replace duct system with a more flawed design. Net result less air flow two up stairs bedrooms which face street thereby with the least air flow in the hot evenings. End result third level bedrooms has so little flow wont blow out a match. Installers said a damper adjustment would fix issue and it did not at all! Conversation with owner explaining problem Victor Seranno who is rude, bragging about his years of experience. He does not address problem just attitude. I found the installers very rude, the owner extremely rude very demeaning apparently hates US Army Veteran's. His quote I don't give a sh.t about your Army Knowledge you don't know crap about AC. Once they are paid their attitude is basically sue us. I would never advise anyone to do business with these rude, abrasive people. In a down economy plenty of nice people who are polite and professional.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], As you can see from our over 200 reviews, I care about my customers and operate my business with the highest level of professionalism. I did contract with your mother and we did correct the ducting problems that a previous installer did not repair correctly. The holes we cut were to access the old, deteriorated ducting to replace it with new, enlarged ducting. As per my contract with your mother which she clearly understood, she was to have her own dry waller repair the holes, that I explained to her, had to cut in the walls. I ultimately referred her to a dry waller which you said could not come in the house. I believe your mother ultimately let them repair the drywall but I am not sure. I spoke with you on the phone and never said any of the derogatory comments you say about the military and never talked down to you. I would never say anything of the sort as a business owner or human. As per your mother she paid us in full very happy with the install and promised to write us a letter which I will send to Angie's List to have this review removed. This letter will attest to our hard work, our friendly installers and our high quality workmanship. She promised to also dismiss everything that you have accused me of. I highly respect ALL my customers be them young, old, veteran, teacher, business owner, stay at home mom / dad or whoever. I would hope that you would recant your false accusations and attest that my installers left your mothers home exactly how she wanted it with your approval to the correct amount of air flow to your room. Sincerely, Victor A Serrao President

07/27/2016

Avi C.

Good. Understandably, the earliest appointment available was 2 weeks out. The Technician spent over 1-hour servicing our 2 Units. At the conclusion of his work, we were clearly advised on what services he performed and the status of our home A/C system. No hard sell on a new system. (That is a different department). The only "complaint" is that the technician had no business cards with him. Which is the reason his name is absent from this review.

Description of Work
We purchased the AC Maintenance offer (x2).

07/11/2016

James L.

The service was good. It was easy to make the appointment and they arrived on time. They cleaned the A/C and topped up our fluid. They tried to upsell on a couple things but it's to be expected.

Description of Work
Checked and cleaned A/C

07/06/2016

Adam H.

I never received a quote, after numerous attempts to get them to send one to me. The estimator come out on Wed June 14. He was very professional and educated me on the whole process. He said he would send me a quote in the next couple of days. He never sent the quote. The next week I called the company (on or about June 21), the woman who answered the phone was very professional and assured me I would hear back from someone that day, I never did. The following week, I called back. The woman who answered the phone, again very nice and professional, assured me that she, the owner, or the estimator would get back to me that day... I still haven't heard from them... I am not really sure why they do not want my business.

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate on replacing a furnace and adding an AC to my home.

06/18/2016

Mark A.

It has been good. The guy that originally quoted us was fabulous and he left. We waited and had them come back out. Another guy came in and tried to upsell us. I thought it was uncool. I didn't like that experience. We got back to the original price that was quoted. They came out and did the installation flawlessly. They came out very nicely. All in all, it was great. He was trying to take advantage. Other than that, he was great. Had they not sent the other guy out to upsell me, they would get an A all the way. Everybody was polite. They did their jobs well. The upsell was a little bit uncalled for. The people that came out were really nice and good.

Description of Work
We used Seaside Air.

05/11/2016

Neil P.

Aaron came out early and started with the inside unit. He did a thorough job of checking for leaks with the vents coming into and out of the unit. He then proceeded to check the thermostat and air flow. Next we went to check the compressor. Aaron performed electrical and pressure tests, explaining the process as he did. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Although young, it felt like he had a lot of experience and knew which components were in good shape and what might be likely to break down in the future. I didn't feel like he was pushing any additional work on me, but he did make several recommendations for our old unit. I can't speak for the entirety of the company just yet, but Aaron left a very positive impression. Enough so that I am considering some additional work done. Also want to mention he used the shoe covers when coming into our house which I consider very respectful. I've had various workers in the past tromp through with their boots leaving my wife and I with a cleanup job after they've gone.

Description of Work
HVAC system check.

04/22/2016

Selma I.

It was good. They did a satisfactory job.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for an A/C inspection.

04/21/2016

Raymond C.

Went fairly well and fast. We had to leave promptly at 4:30 so I was worried that they rushed through the service, and didn't do all the things they normally would have done. But air seems to be working.

Description of Work
replaced motor in air conditioning condenser c

03/15/2016

jeff D.

Equipment was cleaned and pressure was inspected. All went well

Description of Work
cleaned and inspected furnace and condenser

02/26/2016

Grace B.

Scott arrived early (great!), was Smart, efficient and professional. Didn't take long, no problems An easy do! This company also installed my HVAC system in 2009. EXCELLENT!

Description of Work
HVAC systems check, clean, service. Annual service.

Baker Electric Home Energy

Built on over 80 years of electrical contracting expertise and lead by 4 generations of Bakers, Baker Electric Home Energy has become a trusted partner for thousands of homeowners throughout Southern California. Since 2007 we’ve designed, engineered and installed over 13,000 residential solar systems and we have you to thank. During that time, many of you provided ideas and made requests for innovative solutions to manage and use the solar energy you produce every day. We listened and as a result of those requests we’ve expanded our portfolio of products to now include Heating & Air and Smart Home solutions. You’ve trusted us with your renewable energy and now we can show you how to manage and use that power to create an affordable, comfortable and convenient lifestyle. And to ensure you get only the best, we’re proudly offering products from companies like LG, Panasonic, SolarEdge, Curb, Tesla, Lutron, Nest, Google, Control4, Carrier, Lennox, and ActiveTek Environmental. Our sincere appreciation for your business. Your trust in our company, its people, products and services is more important than you know. Welcome to Baker Electric Home Energy!

Home Comfort USA

Home Comfort USA Air Conditioning and Heating is a 3rd generation family owned heating and air conditioning company located in Southern California. We’re on a mission to change people’s lives. We do that by working within our community to create a positive change and by exceeding expectations, going above and beyond to make sure that our customers are satisfied. When we answer the phone, we ask, “How can we make you smile?” And that’s just what we plan to do. Our HVAC technicians, installers and comfort advisors have been professionally trained in: AC repair, replacement, installation, furnace repair, and heater replacement as well. Call us today! 714-459-5193

Cool Air Technologies Inc

🌟🌟SUPER SERVICE AWARD Winner🏆🌟🌟 Awarded 14 consecutive Years in a row! Thank you for visiting our profile. Cool Air Technologies was started over 22 years ago by Bill and Trish McIntosh. We are a small Mom and Pop company that services all of Orange County. We provide service on all makes and models. And we offer free no-pressure bids on new equipment. We accept AMEX MC, VISA and offer up to 2 Year Financing on new equipment as well. A little over 14 years ago, a few customers put us on Angie's List. And ever since we've been honored to have consecutively receive the Super Service Award (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. It's an honor that is only bestowed upon 2% of Angie's List contractors. It is determined by Price, Customer Service, Quality, and Professionalism. We have also maintained a 5 Star Rating on Google as well as Yelp. Altogether there are over 2500 reviews on our company. We are proud of our awards. And we hope that your experience with us goes beyond your expectations. :) ‘Every job is backed by my personal guarantee that you will be completely satisfied." Bill McIntosh -owner of Cool Air Technologies. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you! Bringing you comfort from our family to yours! Please contact us directly at (714) 731-9292 or (800) 453-0444

Offers by Cool Air Technologies Inc on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Air conditioner & furnace - installation, replacement & repair

We do not provide plumbing, fire place repair or installation.