Westshore Roofing Inc

California: Contractors
11/30/2022

2245 A Fortune Dr

San Jose, CA 95131

Westshore Roofing, Inc, a family owed business was founded in 1992 by Paul Fowler. A Diamond Certified company, we strive for 100% customer satisfaction on all of our jobs. Are current staff comprises of 35 full time employees. We continuously educate our staff on the latest roofing trends and innovative products being introduced into the market place. This enables us to install many products are competitors are unable to offer, such as Standing Seam and Stone Coated Steel Roof Systems, Imitation Cedar shakes that replicate the look of real Cedar wood shake but are manufactured with the latest Polyurethane Technology. Are estimators are informative and able to educate on how to best construct an energy efficient, long lasting, performing roof system....

roofing (168)gutter repair (54)woodworking (10)skylight installation (9)insulation (8)roof cleaning (7)chimney repair (2)tile installation (2)gutter cleaning (1)general contractors (1)

01/13/2021

Eric T.

My experience with Westshore Roofing was very positive. Our estimator, Steve, was pleasant, informative, and helpful. He stayed in touch with us throughout the project to keep us updated on next steps. The crews were polite and arrived on time. Work was finished relatively quickly - we did have a few delays due to a minor misunderstanding. However, Paul, the owner, did a great job keeping us updated on the delay and communicating next steps. Our needs and concerns were heard, taken seriously, and responded to quickly. Ultimately, although the job took a little longer than expected, I am very pleased with the work done by Westshore and their dedication to communication and customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace cedar shake roof with composite shingles and flat roofing, replace three skylights (one with manual crank), replace gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

09/03/2019

Douglas Y.

no one ever contacted me after inquiring on their website

Description of Work
roof repair or replacement

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

08/15/2019

Julie S.

I was told that Sven Vingo project manager blew me off for more than a week had a handyman friend of mine track him down to explain why he couldn’t do the job

Description of Work
Needed gutters cleaned for mobile home with added water spouts

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

10/09/2018

Andrew Y.

Everything went well. Sven is very responsive and punctual. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement on six houses

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

06/25/2018

Tasia J.

The project went smoothly and the work was of high quality. I recommend Westshore Roofing.

Description of Work
Westshore Roofing removed the old shake roof and replaced it with composition shingles as well as new rain gutters and a skylight.

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

10/29/2017

Kevin W.

It was a long project, but it was some hiccups along the way. They were very accommodating with any changes we wanted to make. The only problem we had was just they were prude, they were having problems with their roofing crew. We had to be very much aware with what was going on. Their pricing was really good. When we got on the same page things were pretty good.

Description of Work
Roofing work.

Work Completed On 10/15/2017

09/22/2017

Marlene M S.

They didn't reply to my request for an estimate in either case.

Description of Work
I contacted them twice over a 2 week period asking for someone to contact me about a totally new roof.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/21/2017

Geoffrey F.

I was totally satisfied. They were really good. They didn't try to upsell me. Westshore came up with an estimate almost right away and didn't try to upsell me on things I really didn't need, which I appreciated. They did a great job, they were on time. They were here as promised, and anything that they needed to be followed up on, they did. The only thing is that they didn't take a charge, they took cash and it was a large amount. I couldn't put a major part of it on a credit card and they didn't offer any kind of a payment plan, which I didn't need. It is just a way of getting points on your credit card. I had some skylights that were operable, they were hooked up to electricity and I had a motor on it. The workers did not know they were operable skylights, I guess I neglected to point that out to the sales person who sold me the roof. What happened was is that they damaged the skylights, so it really wasn't working. They came to a nice compromise and wrote me a check for $1000 towards the purchase towards whatever skylights I was going to put in. They aren't in the skylight business themselves, so I thought that was pretty fair. They actually sent people out before to look at it and to see what they could do to repair it. They skyights were like 25-30 years old. I said maybe it's not a bad idea to replace them anyway. I thought with what they gave me an what the skylight ended up costing was a bargain. I got the best stuff they had. They didn't upsell me, I actually requested the materials that were available. Out here in this area the labor rates are really high.

Description of Work
They did my roofing.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

07/20/2017

Ola C.

Due to a terrible roof leak back in January, and the subsequent collapse of my kitchen ceiling, I decided it was time for a new roof. As this is a major expense, and at a particularly bad time for me, I contacted 5 companies. Ultimately I hired Westshore Roofing. Ben Fowler was terrific to work with from the very beginning. Having a background in project management I typically rate services by, well, their ability to provide good service. One of the most important elements is communication. Ben provided a very detailed quote listing every aspect of the work, materials and process. He also responded to my every inquiry, even bringing me samples and, when necessary, coming by personally to check out questions I had during the process. His team, supervised by Manuel, was great. Manuel similarly was very responsive to questions and did a great job with the main roof as well as a couple of gnarly spots. There was only one issue: I had requested gutters with a double profile, and because I was not home when they were installed, they made a single profile. It's not a big deal, but I recommend double checking with the gutter installer prior to extrusion if you are really particular. Ben was also very accommodating to my indecision regarding downspouts versus rain chains. I ultimately decided on chains. Thanks Ben and Manuel for making a very painful undertaking a lot better!

Description of Work
Tear off and replace two layers of roofing material with new underlayment, shingles, and gutters with screens.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

06/30/2017

robert C.

Very professional. Price hard to beat.

Description of Work
roofing

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

Roof replacement, Roof repairs, Attic Insulation, Sun Tunnel/ Skylight Installation, Gutter Replacement and Gutter Screens

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing