Tree Specialist

• Trade License Expiration
  • 11/30/2021

1198 Nevada Ave

San Jose, CA 95125

18 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. After hours charges may apply. May contact through email. Certified Arborist WE-6547A....

tree service (16)

11/16/2015

The Tree Specialist came out right away when I called with a concern over a tree with fungus, looking like it was going to fall over in the near future. They agreed that it was unsafe and were able to fit me in for removal within a few days. At the last minute, I asked if they could also remove a tree in my front yard (a tree that required too much water so I needed it moved for my eco-friendly la...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed a giant tree in the backyard and a smaller one in the front yard.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/18/2015

08/20/2013

Requested quote which was received but the overall scope of project was not big enough for vendor to complete mandatory paper work for approval to trim city tree. Finally, the City of Palo Alto perform the work several month later.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Requested a large Modesto Ash Tree pruning as a preventive maintenance. Too much weight and sail volume in tree to contend with the afternoon winds.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2013

04/01/2013

Francisco arrived on time. The work was done efficiently and completed ahead of schedule. The left the yard clean and collected all of the debris. I defiantly hire Tree Specialist and recommend them to my friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired Francisco and his crew to trim a prune a number of mature fruit trees. The crew members were knowledgeable about how to prune trees and needed very little direction.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/26/2013

03/18/2013

Don was here for an estimate, and noticed that one of our large trees was actually in the process of splitting. We was able to get a permit, remove the tree along with another tree we were thinking of removing and trimming an additional tree. This was done faster than we'd even anticipated and the work was cleaned up and neatly finished.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had two large trees removed, and one large tree trimmed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/01/2012

11/07/2012

They actually made the trees healthier. When they removed the Apple Tree they took out the roots and all. I really liked that. I was also very impressed with how safe and careful they were. They made sure to attach a rope and use a pulley system to remove the limbs. It was very controlled and nothing was damaged. I was super impressed with their service. We are actually considering having them aga...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He removed an Apple Tree that was dying. He trimmed back our White Birch Trees. They were beginning to get top heavy and were leaning into our home. They removed the limbs that were weighing the tree.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/01/2010

03/29/2012

He did good work. I am happy with his work and I am satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Tree Specialist a week before Thanksgiving. He cut down about eight trees that I have on my property.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2011

06/14/2010

They were on time and professional, did all the work within a day since they had a large crew (about six men maybe) However, they broke th sprinkler plumbing when grinding the stumps but it wasn't a problem for us since the sprinkler system doesn't work on the first place.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trimming 2 large chinese elms and a large zelcova elm, trimming hedges along the fences, removal of 2 medium and 1 large trees and grinding the stumps.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2009

06/04/2010

From start to finish this was a professional job, done by competent, trained people, excellent cleanup on completion of the job, and a final inspection by myself and the foreman of the crew. Aly came and gave us the estimate. His staff called a short time before he was due to arrive telling us that he would be 15 - 20 mins late and would that be convenient for us. We said ok and he arrived exactly...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Seven trees needed extensive pruning/shaping. One, a huge olive tree (2 stories tall that we've nicknamed the Monster tree), hadn't been trimmed for 2+ years. Two very large trees - a flowering pear that needed extensive work to trim blight that these trees get, the other a large birch tree (triple trunk) that had never been trimmed. A Xmas tree shape pine tree that needed topping due to it's height. The last three - a large apple tree, a medium sized liquid amber & an orange tree, were pruned, trimmed and shaped. The olive tree had some major limbs removed to give it a more open, upward shape and the pine tree was taken down 4-5 feet and given a conical shape. The remaining trees were trimmed of all dead wood & shaped according to need.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2010

03/10/2010

I don't think they understood their work. They didn't send out a certified arborist to quote what I was looking to have done. The gentleman that came out didn't seem to completely understand what he had to do. The price showed me that they didn't understand the work. They were responsive and came out when they said they would. They were professional but didn't know how to do the work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I got a quote from Tree Specialist to trim two large trees.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2010

08/11/2009

They were very professional. I was very impressed. They didn?t even require the payment until the work is reviewed and that I could send payment afterwards when I was ready.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They trimmed some large trees and bushes and removed some. They did some stump grinding.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2009

Tree pruning, yard clean up, tree removal & stump removal.

Tree fertilization.