Shefer Builder INC

With Angi since October 2018

98 N 1st St

San Jose, CA 95113

we are licensed bonded and insured General Contractor specialize in Kitchen& Bathroom remodel, addition, new building, roof, paint, flooring, landscaping&hardscaping, concrete work, deck, patio, pool, and more...

12/08/2021

Bishnu B.

I used Shefer Builder for a kitchen remodel and I'm so glad I did. They were friendly, detail-oriented and flexible. First, I didn't want a total teardown. I wrote a detailed doc specifying what I wanted and sent it to a bunch of contractors. Yaniv was the only guy that actually read it and gave us a competitive quote - everyone else tried to upsell us a total teardown. I really appreciated that. We wanted to purchase all materials and appliances ourselves, and Yaniv worked efficiently with us to schedule things . Partway through the process we changed our mind - went for an in-counter cooktop instead of a separate range. Yaniv took the change in stride, adjusted the quote and schedule, and work continued smoothly. I was very impressed. Partway through the renovation, covid hit. When this happened Yaniv quickly hurried his schedule so that his workers could be out of our house as soon as possible. I really appreciated it. This renovation was over a year ago and all the work has been first rate. There wasn't a detail missed and everything's held up. For all my future renovations, Shefer Builder will be my first (and probably only) call.

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

Category countertops, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/25/2021

Glenda E.

I hired Shefer Builder to help with a kitchen project. I had a limited budget. I met with Yani Shefer and he took time to really listen to what I wanted AND what I could afford. He had wonderful ideas that could meet my budget. He was involved with the entire process which was extremely helpful. Yani always responded quickly whenever I had questions or concerns. The entire team was professional and reliable. I was so impressed with the results, I expanded my upgrade to include two bathrooms! They are stunning! Seriously incredible. This has been a truly awesome experience from the very beginning.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Category fireplaces, home remodeling

05/01/2020

Lisa K.

Update: I was not paid to give a review and I did utilize and hire Shefer Builders for a total remodel. Remodeling can be stressful. So many decisions and expenses. We thought about it several years. We researched, planned, saved and interviewed several companies. We wanted a general contractor that could handle all our needs (one stop). We met with Yani of Shefer Builder twice. We shared our budget, our wants, and our concerns. It’s important you find someone you feel comfortable with and can have confidence in. It’s your home after all. He made us feel excited about the possibilities and his portfolio was extensive. He had loads of ideas and thoughtful ways and places we could make our dreams come true. We’d lived in our 1950s home for 20 years. Everything needed updating. From the roof down to new flooring, new windows, doors, outside stucco, and a gorgeous new open floor plan kitchen (removed a wall) and bathroom! We couldn’t be happier now! The end result is amazing. It looks like something in a magazine. Yet very livable. Yani helped with choosing wall colors, tile, flooring and fixtures. They built a new master walk-in closet with custom organizers. Added crown molding and pocket lights throughout and durable pretty flooring. During the process Yani stayed in touch constantly and sent pictures of the progress. If we had a question he was very responsive in returning a call or text. He stayed within our budget and even found places to save us money. We joke if we win the lotto we’ll have Shefer Builder back to add a second story. We’d be happy to provide more info.

Description of Work
Total house remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, decks, concrete driveways, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, landscaping, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, fireplaces, garage builders, home builders, marble & granite, architect, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms, mudjacking, solar panels, foundation repair, energy audit, hardscaping, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling, stamped concrete, swimming pools

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind review! It was our pleasure to remodel your home and bring your dream into reality. We had an amazing experience with you both and deeply thankful for your business. Anything in future will gladly to assist you. All the best, Shefer Builder team.

02/12/2020

david D.

It was good. They were on time, diligent, got the job done as requested and got the job on time.

Description of Work
He remodeled the 3 bathrooms.

Category home remodeling

02/11/2020

Henry C.

We hired Shefer Builder to remodel our recently purchased condo. The project consisted of installing recessed lights, remodeling a bathroom and building a new closet. I am very pleased with the effort they (primarily their office manager, Natali) put in to make sure that all the necessary documents were in place so that the project could be approved by our HOA. I spoke to 7 contractors trying to get proposals and the documents required by the HOA. Three contractors backed out before giving me a proposal, one had messed up documents, one kept trying to upsell me, one seemed very inexperienced, and one provided a bid that seemed like a lowball bid. Shefer was professional in the bid process and the project was completed at the cost that I expected. I was impressed that for each facet of the project, i.e., electrical, tile, plumbing, painting, carpentry, a specialized crew was working on that facet. The quality of the work was excellent and Yani kept on top of the project to make sure that everything was done correctly. I appreciate that working in a condo and around HOA requirements is not easy. Shefer did a great job in completing the project with essentially no complaints from the neighbors or the HOA. I’m very happy with the experience of working with Shefer Builders.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel, install recessed lights, build new closet

Category architect, home remodeling

02/07/2020

Liz B.

I'm very happy I hired Shefer Builder. Yani the owner is very involved in his projects and goes above and beyond for his customers. The quality of work was wonderful and I would hire again.

Description of Work
Initially hired to Remodel Master Bathroom. Then hired to completely remodel Kitchen, Fireplace and Build-Ins, New Flooring, Recessed Lights and Foundation Work

Category countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters, foundation repair

Thank you and. [Member Name Removed] for your review and kind words. Yani and the entire team of Shefer Builder appreciate you as our customer. Would love to assist you in future. Wishing you all the best, Natali A.

02/05/2020

Spencer M.

Excellent job! Very professional! Excellent Customer response service! Very good at satisfying customer’s need!

Description of Work
Roofing and rewiring

Category remodeling, replacement windows, architect

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your amazing review ! It was pleasure performing the work for you. You are truly kind and would love to assist you in future, any time. Sincerely, Natali A.

02/05/2020

Laura H.

The work went smoothly. Yani and his crew finished the bathroom remodel in 3 weeks, which we were pleased about (we have heard that remodels can drag on for months). Our home looks beautiful, and we sold it quickly with multiple offers. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, painting throughout the house, new doors, tile, baseboards.

Category architect, home remodeling

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words! It was pleasure performing the work for you. Wishing you all the best.

PROSCAPING INC

Welcome to ProScaping, Inc. Was founded by 3 brothers who specialized in Outdoor Landscaping Build and Design with over 30 years of combined experience. Over those years the brothers grew their business to encompass the new and ever expanding market for Landscaping Services. To meet that growing market and to better service their customers needs, they formed 4 Departments: Pavers Hardscape, Concrete, Artificial Turf, and Natural Sod Grass and plant installations. We pride ourselves on being a full service turnkey, specialized contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are capable of meeting a unique landscaping need or using the resources of all of our Departments to partner with you to create the beautiful landscape around your home into something you’ve always dreamed of. Our Promise To You! Free Basic Design and Free Estimate We Beat Anyone’s Quote 90% of the time! We are the Quality Low Cost Leader in the Bay Area Fast Turnaround Most Durable Installation Warranty in the Industry Our installation process is the best in the business. High Quality & Best Value Licensed & Bonded

Hi- Builders Group

At Hi-Builders Group, our goal is to help homeowners bring their dream home to fruition. Our team offers personalized services to ensure that our clients are accommodated on every level. Our managers, client service experts, designers, and builders are topnotch industry professionals that pay strict attention to detail when servicing clients. Hi-Builders Group are committed to leading the maintenance and remodeling industry by providing services you can rely on, and pure client satisfaction. Our objective is for every homeowner to feel at ease throughout the entire process as we go above and beyond to obtain your stamp of approval.

Attic Pros

Attic Pros is your go-to attic insulation installation and rodent removal contractor in San Francisco Bay Area. We offer a wide range of services for rodent removal, attic cleaning, insulation replacement, and crawl space cleaning to meet all your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

California
    California: Contractors
    08/31/2024

Attic Conversion, Basement Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Concrete Construction, Countertop Installation, Flooring Installation, Garage Building, General Contracting, Guesthouse Design & Construction, Home Additions, Home Extensions, Home Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, New Home Construction, Outdoor Kitchen Construction, Pool House Design & Construction, Porch Design & Construction, Roof Installation, Roof Replacement, Shed Design & Construction, Exterior painting, Interior painting