Rhino Shield

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2006

3.9

It's not paint, It's better! With ceramic coating you'll save thousands in painting expense. Rhino Shield comes standard with a 25-year transferable warranty. It acts as an insulator to help reduce Summer energy bills. It also breaks the maintenance cycle and frees up your time....

Gruber Painting

When you are looking for the best professional painter for your home or commercial projects, Gruber Painting is your quality contractor of choice. With over 10 years experience, our painting craftsmanship shows in our quality work. From small painting projects to full interior and exterior painting, Gruber Painting brings your "dream" home or office to reality for you. Call Gruber Painting for your free estimate today.

Offers by Gruber Painting on Angi
Angels Paint & Epoxy

Angels Paint & Epoxy installs epoxy garage flooring quickly, and professionally, at a reasonable price. Interior and exterior painting.

Offers by Angels Paint & Epoxy on Angi
El Gato Painting & Restoration Inc

29 employees. No sub contractors. Specializing in residential and commercial painting. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. License # 711537. Additional phone #: (925) 838-4460 & (650) 965-3692. We are local residential and commercial painting contractors; we work only in the Bay Area. We not only make it a point to know our products and their applications inside and out, but we only use top-of-the-line materials. We stay current with the painting industry by continually updating ourselves about new products, by attending trade shows and by talking with scores of manufacturer’s reps. They tell us we are one of their most knowledgeable customers when it comes to residential and commercial painting.

04/23/2015

I kept on calling them and complaining to complete the job well, but they finally did it. It took three months to complete to my satisfaction. It is supposed to be a 25 year warranty. It just took too much work on my porch. They weren't very honest at the beginning. They offered a 10% discount and $1000 on the radio and what they did when they gave me an estimate they added 10% and $1000 to the es...

Description of Work
I got a paint job for Rhino Shield and they fixed the siding as part of the job. They fixed the siding and got the walls painted.

11/17/2014

This was a lot of money to spend on painting a home. It has been 15 years+ since last painted. It needed a lot of prep work. Because this paint, will be on our home for 25 years or the last paint job we will do, it took my husband and I a long time to pick out the colors. Rhino shield uses the paint swatches from Benjamin Moore. WE must of tried 10, 15 different colors. Because we needed time to g...

Description of Work
Del the owner came out to show us what Rhino Shield was and how it would paint, cover and protect our house. Once we signed the contract, we were in contact with Jeff. Jeff helped us with any questions or problems that might happen. He called us to see how we were doing picking out the house colors. He called us to schedule the first step of preparing the home and talked to us when we needed questions answered. Rhino shield prepared the home to be painted, but this is not paint, it is a protective shield. They power washed the home, they cleaned the home and repaired where was needed. The workers and headed by Andy the foreman , applied the primer coat, which had some tint of the color in it. After that dried, they applied the final coat of the color. Then the did the trim. The did the door jams (no doors) They also painted the panels on the sunroom, that were never painted before. Dale had them, do the shed outside, a front fence by porch and a basketball backboard, at no extra cost.

09/18/2014

It was AMAZING!! From the Sale with Del to the painting with Andy and the ending Walk Through with Jeff, the process was seamless and incredibly easy. We are thrilled with our home, the beautiful paint job and color AND, the idea that we DO NOT have to paint it again for another 25-30 YEARS, which was my BIGGEST PLUS of going with Rhino Shield in the first place. But, then I got to meet and know t...

Description of Work
They first power washed the complete house to get off all grime and loose wood and dirt. Then they came through and patched up any open spots and sanded any bad looking area's putting putty if needed to make the house ready for paint. They start their painting process which is a thick plastic under coating and then the actual paint. The process was amazing to watch. Our painter, Andy and his Manager, Jeff were fabulous in attending to all of our needs and explaining every thing they did. They answered every question we had. Our house looks amazing and we have had many neighbors stop and tell us how beautiful the house looks. It is all because of the EXTRA care Rhino Shield takes in their preparations and painting details of your home!!

08/24/2014

The crew came in and power washed the house. They repaired areas of dry rot, primed and applied the Rhino Shield paint. The crew was very professional. The Rhino Shield product is awesome, the house almost twinkles it is some bright and clean. It is guaranteed for 25 years!

Description of Work
Repaint the house

03/02/2014

The company manager visited the house and gave me the estimate for the coating work, without inspecting the roof. I accepted the price of $12500.00 for the walls and 3/4 of the roof- subsequently agreed to get all the roof done for additional $3000.00. Work started 1/12 with wall power washing and caulking, followed by priming and final coat. When the forman climbed onto the roof ge asked if anyon...

Description of Work
RhinoShield recommended and provided ceramic coating to the roof and southern exposure walls of my single storey house to improve insulation and protection from deterioration. The wall coating appears sound: the roof leaked in all section after the first rainfall following completion of the work.

11/20/2013

It was wonderful! I was surprised at how smoothly everything went. We are very happy with the job and the results. From beginning to end, it was a good experience. We liked the salesmen and the crew. The crew cleaned up after themselves and were even good with my dog. The paint is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of the home.

11/20/2013

It was horrible. I would not recommend them. It was pricey and then to find all these things they did wrong was a disappointment. I did contact the owner and he wasn't very responsive. He said they would do the screens over. All the screens would need to be remade and nothing ever came of that.

Description of Work
They were hired to paint the exterior of my home. They didn't do enough caulking so that's pulling apart. They tore off our wooden screens and dripped paint on things. They didn't even finish painting. We had to call them back out to finish the job. I felt there was little to no supervision. The paint is supposed to last 100 years, but we'll be lucky if it lasts 5 years. My home was built in 1901 and the workers were sanding with any protection and lead dust was everywhere. 1They didn't wear masks until I forced them to. They were here for a couple of weeks and they had people everywhere.

09/12/2013

All went well until, what they believed was additional repair work which was not specified in the contract. I supplied all the material, tools and fasteners and was charged $400 for 2 hrs of work. I recommend that anyone using Rhino Shield have everything in writing prior to them starting work. The quality of the work diminished as the completion date got closer. The job was completed 7/12/13, I am still waiting for the 25yr warranty documentation from Rhino Shield.

Description of Work
It took 1 week to clean, prep, repair , primer then paint the exterior of my house. The quote was to include all repair, prep, prime, and paint my house.

12/08/2012

The work was performed by Jose and Alejandro, they were punctual, diligent and proceeded artful results. The paint coating was not as thick as I was lead to believe form the sample that I was given at the time of the estimate and contract signing meeting.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting the house was first primed, then coated with the Rhino Shield paint formula in Atrium White. The trim and gutter were primed then painted with Exotic Fuchsia in the Rhino Shield paint formula.

09/17/2012

Really liked the owner/estimater. Since it was a lot of money, I asked for references. Went to see a job they'd done 8 years ago, had questions about it and Rhino has yet to get back to me.

Description of Work
Estimate only.

Category house painter","interior painter