Five Star Garage Door Service

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2014

938 Rincon Cir

San Jose, CA 95131

We have over 550 five star reviews combined from Yelp and Amazon Service and with over 25 years in the garage door business. We are now offering FREE TUNE UP for any repair / new opener installation. If you are building a new home or garage, replacing your existing garage door, need a new opener or

Robert B.
08/23/2020
Went great. JT was great. He looked like he'd had a long day and was still happy to explain the issue. Garage door was stuck open with cables dangling from another company's poor choice of bearings the week before. 5 star was fast, identified the issue right away and also diagnosed that the new spring noises were fixable with some wd40. viola, door is working great now with almost no noise for an old chain style opener. Thx!
Description of Work
Fixed another company's work
Dena N.
07/25/2018
Great, he responded right away and showed up within the hour and it was on a Saturday evening. Was very professional, did a great job, the door works very well now!
Description of Work
Garage door guide wires needed adjusting for the door to work.
Nicole B.
06/28/2018
I called them at 6pm. Someone arrived at my house by 6:30pm and repaired within 15 minutes.
Description of Work
My garage broke. The screws came out of the bracket that pulled the door up. The bracket was busted.
Stephen F.
05/02/2018
Five Star did a great job.
Description of Work
Spring broken. Door would not open.
Anne P.
02/26/2018
Jonathan was very prompt and very understanding. Would definitely contact again if needed.
Description of Work
Service/repair
Sin S.
02/24/2018
They gave us one hour window and came on time. Didn’t try to sell me anything that I didn’t need. Outstanding service
Description of Work
Springs replacement
John T.
02/20/2018
Arrived on time and fixed the springs. We had another company came out and installed the wrong springs. He could have replaced both springs, but recommended us to replace 1 correct spring.
Description of Work
Springs changed
Quang D.
02/18/2018
Door came off tracks and they came in less than 30 minutes. Faster than ordering a pizza. They are the Uber of garage door repair . Also, changed out wheels.
Description of Work
Repair: off rollers
Jon K.
01/31/2018
I called around 10:00AM. They said they would be out "between 1 and 2". Jonathan called around 12:15 to say he was 20 min away. He diagnosed the problem right away (broken gear assembly) had the part and it was installed and working in about 1/2 hour.
Description of Work
Repair garage door opener
Pau M.
11/09/2017
Khoi immediately provided a quote that was by far the cheapest for replacing the springs on my garage door. I ended up with 10 quotes and Khoi was $40 cheaper than the next quotes I received. I called at 3:30p and asked when he could be here thinking it would be earliest tomorrow; however, he surprised me and said he could be here between 5p and 6p. I took my dog for a walk (my wife was at home) and I was pleasantly surprised at 5:05p the job was already complete and he was packing up to leave. Phantastic service and value! It really doesn't get any better. Thank you, Khoi!
Description of Work
Garage door springs replaced
TungChieh T.
10/09/2017
Efficient and painless!
Description of Work
Broken garage door spring
garage doors

Thank You so much for a positive review!
Miki K.
08/12/2017
Saed is fabulous! He replaced the broken spring in 30 minutes. He explained how to maintain the spring properly using blaster spray and lubriplate grease. I'm so happy about the result. Highly recommended!
Description of Work
Garage door spring got broken and needs to be replaced.
Larry E.
08/07/2017
The entire process went extremely smooth. I called them in the morning to get a price quote and it was cheaper than the other garage door services that i had called so I told them to come by. Within a few hours they arrived at my home, and by the afternoon, the repairs were done and my garage was working again. It was quick, cheap, and most importantly, my garage is still working. There's really not much more I could ask for from a repair service.
Description of Work
A spring broke and needed to be replaced.
Edwin L.
04/21/2017
It went awesome! He showed up within an hour after I called and was done really quick!! Nice guy and very professional! The price was very reasonable compared to others. I would definitely recommend to our friends!!
Description of Work
The garage spring needed to be replaced.
John L.
07/16/2016
Description of Work
Quick and Friendly Service |Economical rates |Best experience to date
pravin S.
03/05/2016
fine
Description of Work
Install new garage door opener
garage doors

900 just for a garage door opener installed? We never charged at that price for a garage door opener. any chance you have copy of the receipt? my email is khoimphanyahoo.com Regards, Khoi
Sandra B.
05/14/2014
We called our usual Garage door place (Overhead door Company) and if we wanted them to come out today, they were going to charge us $150.00 per hour "Port to Port". Which means from the time they leave the shop until they get back, plus all the parts. Probably to the tune of over $500.00 to replace a broken spring. So I decided to do some research and found Five Star Garage Door service on YELP. They were able to come out today and fixed my broken springs for $180.00. Job took only a short while and it works great. Overhead Door really blew it. These guys are now my go to Garage Door repair company. I highly recommend them. Side note: The Phone Number listed above IS correct. Khoi himself came out and did the work personally. I'm happy to support a family business.
Description of Work
Replaced Broken Springs on our Garage Door
garage doors

Thank you so much for the great review you have left on here and on Yelp. Khoi

Garage Door Repair

Garage Door Repair PROVIDEs A VERY PROCESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR REPAIR SERVICES ... WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY HOME DESERVES UNIQUE DESIGN TO ADD VALUE TO IT. OUR TEAMS ARE HIGHLY TRAINED AND VERY FRIENDLY. ALL OF OUR TECHS ARE FROM YOUR LOCAL AREA. WHEN YOU ARE STUCK IN THE GARAGE AND YOU HAVE A MEETING OR A DOCTOR APPOINTMENT YOU COULD TRUST US BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR TIME AND YOUR SCHEDULE. ALL STATE GARAGE DOOR INC. On Time Or You Don't Pay A Dime

Halcyon Overhead Door

Halcyon Overhead Door is based in San Jose. We are locally owned and operated, and have over 20 years experience serving the South Bay, Peninsula and East Bay installing and servicing residential and commercial doors and openers for thousands of satisfied customers. We carry all the major brands (NorthWest, Amarr, Clopay, Holmes, Genie, Linear and LiftMaster) and offer a wide range of models and styles of both garage doors and openers to suit your individual needs. In addition to our quality garage door products, we also offer and install RaceDeck garage floor tiles. These rubberized tiles are a great way to “finish” your garage. As well as being attractive, the tiles add warmth and safety, and are durable and easy to clean. Yet with all the quality products we offer at Halcyon, our #1 product is our SERVICE -- fast, friendly, and affordable. Since we’re locally based and have focused our service on the South Bay, Peninsula and East Bay we’re able to offer you an outstanding level of individualized customer service. Our owners are very hands-on and are an integral part of the day-to-day operation of the business. In addition, our well-trained, courteous, and professional technicians are ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rain or shine, and we guarantee our service. Halcyon Overhead Door is licensed (#818085) and fully insured.

Offers Coupon

RSM Custom Overhead Garage Doors

Specializing in garage doors services, repairs, openers, springs, tracks, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We also accept PayPal, Venmo, and Zelle, in addition to cash, check, and credit/debit cards. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Garage door repair & installation.