Elos

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2006

4437 Thistle Dr

San Jose, CA 95136

Air duct and dryer vent cleaning. heating and ac....

06/16/2015

Deborah L.

Wayne and Joe arrived on time, assessed the situation, and were working within minutes. He told me what he was going to do and began working. The job was a difficult one, so it took about an hour. Wayne kept working when others gave up early on. He gave me advice for keeping the dryer vent safe in the future, which I appreciated. Now I know that if I no longer hear the air flow on the outside, it's time for another cleaning.

Description of Work
Wayne and his assistant, Joe, cleaned our dryer vent line. We had been told by other dryer vent cleaning companies that the job was impossible due to the square pipe an 90-degree turns, but Wayne was up for the challenge. It wasn't easy but he cleaned the entire length of ducting all the way to the dryer, and now the air flows beautifully. He approached the problem from the outside and worked his way to the dryer. His method worked so well. I can confidently say that if you need a dryer duct cleaned (provided that the duct is not water logged and soupy), Wayne is your guy. He knows his stuff!

03/21/2015

Anya R.

They were on time and only took about an hour to clean. Any furniture they had to move to get to the vents was placed back. No scratches were made on laminent flooring or walls. The machine was noisy and my cat was a bit freaked out, but she got over it once they left. The also made recommendations on which vent covers I should try to replace due to rust they noted. I bought my home from a smoker and I have asthma, so when I heard of this company, I booked right away. I am very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Cleaned 7 air ducts and the main return air duct in my 2 story townhome for $280-

06/14/2014

Lorraine K.

Only thing was that at first, he said he couldn't do the job as I am a second floor condo. I said, I was sorry, I had told the Concierge I couldn't find anyone to do the work (the man from AAA furnace Co. initially came, I used them at my townhouse in Menlo Park, said I must get a co. with HVAC cleaning--companies would know. Well, no one knew, and I needed help. The Concierge was very helpful, it was getting hot and I couldn't use the Air Conditioner. She got 3 bids, discussed them with me, and told me what their rating with Angie's list was. I chose Elos for $200, but if I had as much as 5 ducts, I would pay $500. And that's what I paid. $200 for this job wasn't fair and I told the man I would only have them do the work if he felt is was fair to him and to me. He was surprised, glad to do the work for $500, and I was glad to have a good company complete the much needed work. I realize that $500 may be high, but the work was careful and thorough, and those were very important qualities to me. Elos Duct Cleaning Co. 408-829-7635 Mallory Thomas was the Angie's list Concierge for this service.

Description of Work
Thoroughly cleaned 5 air ducts:(removed cover, used large hose to clean, large tube to get the dirt out of the second floor condo and down to the truck parked outside). Also, cleaned the area where the filter goes in, it was neglected, very dirty, used their super suction to get all that dirt (years worth) out of my condo.They used a large portable machine, 5' high and several feet wide and two med in the condo to clean, and a man in the truck to be sure the connection held and was pulling out dirt. The workers all had on matching shirts and worked well together. They take pride in their work. thank you, the Concierge service for finding this co.

06/10/2014

Sanjay M.

Father and Son team. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Clean vents

06/05/2014

John P.

Completely satisfied. Best $300 I've spent in a while. I believe the vents Wayne installed will last longer than my house.

Description of Work
Wayne did an artful job of replumbing our dryer vent. I had done the vent with flexible piping years ago, but we are now renting the house and I was concerned with the lint that had been building up in the corrugated piping, especially since I doubt our tenant will be as careful cleaning the lint out as us. Wayne arrived on time (actually EARLY - but he called to make sure it was OK) and listened carefully to what I wanted to do. He made some great suggestions regarding the path of the piping to minimize lint buildup and moisture. He used heavier duty pipes and connections. It looks and works great. We chatted off and on while he was working and he educated me on the important aspects of a well functioning dryer vent. I really appreciated that. Wayne rocks! My only regreat is that I did not have him do the venting 10 years ago the first time.

05/27/2014

Eileen C.

I expected this to be an ordeal, but from the moment ELOS arrived they put my fears at ease. They were very knowledgeable.The price of the furnace was competitive. The installer arrived at the time stated and completed the work in the estimated time. The cleanup was just like they had never been here. I am very satisfied with the furnace and with the service.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace

10/28/2013

Brian T.

We are first-time home owners and just bought a house where the prior owners smoked and had animals. We wanted to get the vents cleaned before we moved in. Wayne was very nice on the phone and answered my questions. When he came to the house to do the work, he did the work as promised. However, the problem that I have with his service is that we found out later that inside each vent was clearly visible asbestos tape. We learned about the asbestos from other contractors who, as soon as they opened the vents and saw the asbestos tape, told us that we shouldn't have gotten the vents cleaned because it pulled up the tape and released some of the asbestos into the ducts. Wayne opened each vent cover to clean them out individually and never said anything about the asbestos tape. I am very disappointed in his service for failing to mention the asbestos tape in the vents.

Description of Work
Cleaned our vents

08/30/2013

Hilary G.

Just like his website says, Wayne answers the phone and personally does the work. He not only fixed the problem for which he was called (a dryer venting problem) but he also showed us how to 'not need to call him in the future' for a couple of things as well. We believe we have a cold-air return solution for our heating system that will make air filtering more effective, filter changing easier, and set us up for the inevitable and eventual replacement of the furnace system. I want to underscore that Wayne did not push these solutions on us: we ASKED him what other things he noticed and would counsel.

Description of Work
Came out and fixed the dryer venting connection and pipe cleanliness. Also counseled us on heating system interim and long-term solutions.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

04/15/2013

Michael W.

They were prompt, courteous, and knowledgable. He was very aware not to try to upsell me with more expensive filters unless that's what I really wanted. He even offered to wait while I ran to the hardware store to get them and he'd show me how to install them. Very happy with him, and would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
I had been suffering from a persistent sinus condition that I thought might have been due to dirty vents. I have two dogs and a dusty old house, and the vents have never been cleaned. Wayne came out and thoroughly vacuumed all the vents, as well as replaced the filters on the heater with non-disposable ones that I have been cleaning with a garden hose every 6 months ever since.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

03/14/2013

Bonnie R.

I called Wayne to schedule a time for him to clean out our dryer vent. He was available to come out the very next day and arrived promptly, calling ahead of time. Wayne arrived in his truck, covered the surrounding area plants with a sheet and set to work immediately cleaning out our vent. The job took about 30 minutes from start to finish. I was delighted to see that he uses Square from his mobile phone for credit/debit payments, so no hassle with writing down my cc numbers or invoicing me at a later date. In one minute, I had paid my bill and received both an emailed copy of the service/bill and a paper one. Definitely recommend Elos.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

02/28/2013

Terri M.

They clean out vents and air ducts. That hadn't been done in 10 years, at least. I do remember them well. They answered my questions. They explained why their prices were so much higher than the coupon prices. It made sense to me. They were fast, they were accurate and the guy told me about the blue light that was in my furnace. It's one of those things that is supposed to kill bacteria. So, he took the bulb out for us so we could get another one. He cleaned up after himself. He washed off the vent covers. He wiped them off or something. You couldn't tell he was here and the air was much, much better and efficient afterward. He did a good job. He doesn't do the bait and switch. He's an honest person. So many people get in your house and nickel and dime you into other services. He was punctual and right on time.

Description of Work
I last used Elos a year or two ago.

01/29/2013

Elisa C.

They were available quickly, dealt with our rather circuitous venting system without problem and explained things clearly. We're going to have them back to do an air duct cleaning.

Description of Work
Quick, excellent dryer vent cleaning experience

12/24/2012

ROBERT F.

They were on time, gave us advance notice on the day they were here, were flexible and thorough, and left our home clean and neat. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Wayne and his son cleared an air duct from the bathroom vent, the dryer vent, and all the furnace vents.

12/21/2012

soum A.

I was impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of both Elos brothers when I spoke to them over phone. They are very eloquent in explaining the issues.Prompt in service. etc. But I felt the price was a rip off- 190 for 20 min job. Especially, as this was the first time I had gotten this type of service done, I did not know what to expect. I got charged a total of 190 for washing the filter using our garden hose, and checking if the system works(which it was). When I spoke to them I was under the assumption that they were going to clean the fan.

Description of Work
Heater Fan cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/31/2012

JOHN C.

I found Wayne (owner of ELOS) to be very knowledgable, thorough, fair & honest throughout the project. He took the time to explain not only what he was doing, but also why ... and how and why his approach to duct cleaner was superior to others. This information didn't come across as a sales pitch, instead I found it very helpful information and it made it clear to me that he really knows his craft. He did numerous "add-on" tasks that weren't part of the original estimate and he did them for a very fair price ... something I really appreaciated having been gouged by other contractors in the past when I added on additional items after the work had started. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him in the future.

Description of Work
Duct inspection, Duct cleaning (12 ducts), Repaired numerous leaky ducts and connections, added new filter return grate, insulated return duct and changed thermostat wiring to allow fan-only operation.

05/05/2012

Patty E.

great experience. responsive. educated us nicely on what to watch out for and gave us a few do-it-yourself tips. unfortunately, our crawl space is very small and he was unable to reach a couple of ducts that have separated and to re-connect them. so, we do still have a problem in search of a solution. but, at least now all of our ducts have been cleaned out (first time in 20 years)!

Description of Work
heating duct cleaning and attempted re-connection of separated ducts.

01/19/2012

Angela S.

My dryer vent was extremely clogged (you could actually see lint poking out from the roof). I called Elos on Thursday, and he was able to schedule a visit for Saturday afternoon -- which was perfect for me as I was not forced to miss work. Wayne was very pleasant, showed up on time and did a great job. Even working alone, and having to contend with my tile roof and difficult vent cover he did the job in record time. His estimate was very reasonable, and I ended up paying less than I expected due to his quick service.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

08/26/2011

Patti S.

The time and care he took to make sure the job got done correctly impressed me. There were several vents up on the roof and had to find where it was. I would highly recommend them. He was very helpful anserwing all my questions.

Description of Work
They cleaned the dust out of my dryer vents. He had to actually go up on my roof.

08/25/2011

Victoria L.

They were courteous. It is a father and his son working together. They do the work themselves so they don't have a staff so it is a personalized effort because it is family owned and family run. They did a very thorough job. I definitely felt much better after it was done and it made a difference. We think their price was comparable. We would probably use them again.

Description of Work
We used Elos to clean all our ducts.

08/03/2011

David M.

Great service - Wayne was polite, thorough, and the process was straightforward and clean. We got A LOT of dust and lint out of our vents, and were pleased with the process. There was no messing around on price or bait and switch, etc as you read on other reviews of other 'low cost' duct cleaners. We got the service in advance of having a baby in the house, and would do it again (and recommend Elos to others) in a second.

Description of Work
Elos cleaned all of the ducts and dryer vent in our house.

05/20/2011

Bette T.

He was really good. He quoted me $100; but I got it down a little lower because he did it for the person next door. He is listed in the homeowners association. My experience with their service was great. He was available, when I called him. I had to wait for a while to get an appointment. He told me that my dryer vent is 3 inches in diameter; but it should be four. I think so it was nice to know. He was informative. He showed me what he took out. I was little concerned because I had a little surgery, and I didn't want to come in. I usually clean my dryer vent from the hole. The cleaning was quick. The price was reasonable. He told me how to clean the filters, and he didn't try to push selling things to me. It was a good service. He was prompt and professional. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
I hired Elos Duct Cleaning to clean my dryer vent about a week ago.

05/17/2011

George K.

I found ELOS through Angie's List and called the number listed. Wayne, the owner, answered the phone and clearly explained his services and pricing. I made an appointment for him to visit the house two days later, and he gave me a start time window from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. At 11:30 am on the appointed day he called and said he would be over at 12:00, which he was. The house was empty because I am moving in, so we did a quick walkthrough to count the number of vents, and he quoted me the price (less the $25 Angie's List coupon). He and his partner immediately started work, and they were done in less than 2 hours after cleaning 13 vents and the heater. He also cleaned the bathroom ventilation grills for free. Throughout the process he was polite, professional, and explained everything in detail. He also removed the heater filters to show me how dirty they were, so I ran down to Home Depot and bought some replacements, which he installed for me for free. When he was done he picked up all his equipment leaving no traces that they had been there. Overall it was a great experience.

Description of Work
ELOS cleaned our heating ducts and heater.

04/15/2011

Julia H.

Wayne and John did a great job cleaning the air and dryer ducts in my condo. They happily gave me some pointers and information about the duct system in my unit. Overall, just friendly, great service. He charges $30 per duct with a minimum fee of $200 to cover the trip out to the property - worth it.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts and dryer duct in my condo.

02/22/2011

Mike & Ashley W.

The man was really friendly. He was great with my kids. They liked following him around. He brought up other things that could be done, but wasn't pushy at all. We did end up and follow through with his suggestions and they improved our heating.

Description of Work
Elos Duct Cleaning for air duct cleaning and to repair one air duct. They also did some insulation around the air ducts to make it quieter and installed new air ducts.

02/14/2011

susan V.

Just great service. Right on time, very organized and thorough and the air from our furnace smeels great! FYI - I had booked with the "guys in the shiny black van" who were MORE expensive and canceled on me at the last minute. Turns out I'm glad they did.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts in whole house