Duvall Family Landscape

Founded 1985 • With Angi since March 2013

2943 Edison Drive

San Jose, CA 95133

Family owned & operated. CSLB License # 92764. BOND # 04BC008059...

10/17/2014

Calvin M.

Description of Work
Duvall Family Landscape re-piped the sprinkler feed line. The owner, Jim Duvall, was very polite and professional, and his worker did a great job at replacing the pipeline. I was/am impressed with their punctuality, efficiency, quality of work, and customer service. In addition, Jim promised some literature and instructions related to concerns that I'd expressed while they were re-piping. And he followed through! Outstanding! If most service providers were even remotely as responsive and professional as Mr. Duvall....

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

10/07/2013

Mark F.

Leaky water valves replace and new timer installed. This was a small job that had to be fitted into their existing work schedule. Owner provided an in person estimate that was detailed and well explained. Confirmed a date and timeframe to do the work. Work was done as promised and at the price estimated.

Description of Work
Irrigation repairs

Category irrigation systems

03/23/2013

Sara B.

Wecouldn't have chosen a nicer and more professional group than Duvall Family Landscape. They were recommended by the owner of a rock and stone company in our area. Prompt, eager to please, polite easy to work with, They really know the landscaping business and all the plants and trees and charateristics of all. I have read a lot about plants and trees but these people truly know just about everything! They were willing to listen to my ideas and made many suggestions including how to save some plants and simply moving them to different areas. We saved several azaleas, 20 boxwood, 20 society garlic and numerous other plants. By simply replanting these healthy plants in more suitable locations we saved a lot of plants and money too ( money wasn't the issue here, saving perfectly good plants was ). I had a budget in mind and I wasn't eager to tell them at first thinking they would charge me that and probably more. when they quoted me their price it was under my number by $2,000. I really liked the price but at first was a little leary that once they got started the price would steadily increase and I would be stuck with a big price tag. Nothing could be further than the truth. I was consulted on every apsect ad the job progressed; asked about placement of the boxwood- how far apart difd I want them and did I want them to form as low hedge or stay ad individual plants- which I did. Everything about this family company with family workers was exceptional. The entire project took 6 days and came in under my budget--$7500.--their price was $6895. I would highly recommend Duvall Family Landscape to everyone. In addition to the planting and sprinkler work, they do just about everything in landscaping: fencing, trees, sprinkler repair and new systems, and much, much more/ With 10 people working their projects are done in a timely and professional manner. At the end of the day no rubbish left around, the site was always clean, all I did was allow them the use of my laundry room bathroom--a reasonable request of course. Kudos to Jim and Terri and all their family for making our home the prize of the neighborhood. I love to watch people drive by and stop to look at our place! Makes my day..Hire them for your garden work and you will get rewarded with a magnificent yard.

Description of Work
Best landscape company we have ever used-and in 32 years we have used several. Jim and Terri Duvall came out one day after we called, brought complete brochure of their services, references, information. , about their community service and were so knowlegeble about their work. My husband and I were so impressed. We did however call 2 other companies to compare services and prices. Neither was suitable. Our project was all inclusive of complete overhauling of our front and rear yard- approximately 1/3 acre. All the front slope needed old plant removal with new shrubs and low plants put in. All plants around living room window and both sides required plant removal where necessary and new color plants put in. Jim and I were in agreement that some of the plants could be saved and just be replanted somewhere else. For example, instead of throwing away perfectly good and thriving boxwood, he replantedf them on either side of our brick step walkway giving it a much needed formal appearance. This is no way took away from the casual colorful curb appeal, enhanced it tremendously, saving both money and plants. Sprinklers were all adjusted, replaced with more heads for better coverage; two large camillias were trimmed at the top; they planted my husband's tomato garden with no charge along with fertilizer and sprinkler work.River rocks were brought in for either side of the driveway; several azaleas for replaced in the shade, ferns were trimmed, beautiful mahogony bark was put down; 6 yards of it, .Lots more done indeed and many little dfetails I would have ever thought about. This entire family did the work in 6 days!! 10 men and 2 women planted all the plants- the two women planted 5 flats of begonias in the front of the house, in perfect little curved rows, like in a Sunset magazine photo. Boulders added to prevent soil from washing down the slope and added so much interest to an already gorgeous appearance. Great people to work with and a perfect job.

Category landscaping

Platinum Paving

Fix it Plumbing

With over 15 years of experience in the plumbing industry, FIX IT PLUMBING is proud to be one of the fastest, honest, courteous and very cost competitive company through out the whole bay area. We are trained, Lincensed, Bonded and insured professionals and are comitted to giving you our absolute best service. Customesrs are priority and very important to us; Therefore, you will always be treated with honesty and respect that you deserve. we handle all of your plumbing needs with our 100% satisfaction guarantee..

Diamond Life Paving

We are a family owned and operated company, since 1969, where we specialize in asphalt paving services, along with pavers for sidewalks, patios, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Brick & stone, concrete, decks, designers & decorators, landscaping, lawn & garden care, tree service.