We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Datarecovery Kotar

Founded 2012 • With Angi since March 2014

325 Piercy Rd

San Jose, CA 95138

FREE LOCAL PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF As a response to the shelter in place order across the Bay Area due to COVID-19, we are now offering FREE pick-up and drop-off in compliance with the health and safety recommendations. We are also expanding our data recovery services with Apple device repair to help customers in need. Stay safe and healthy! Free local pick-up. Free estimates are done in 2 hours. No data no charge guarantee. All work is done in-house at our local San Jose Data Recovery Lab. Fastest data recovery service. Highest success rate. Customers get an exact, fair and competitive price of recovery that is based on the problem and damage of the media before confirming the job. Free 2nd opinion/estimate for "unrecoverable" cases 24/7 email and phone support to ensure lost data is recovered as soon as possible. Express Data Recovery for customers whose data (photos, videos, documents, etc.) needs to be urgently recovered. 20 years of professional data recovery services. State of the art data recovery tools, clean room, and complex global knowledge. Efficient, trustworthy, and excellent service guaranteed. Bay Area Data Recovery company with the highest standards of professionalism, confidentiality and complete data security with a commitment to our customers' privacy. We now also offer repair of all Apple devices. Data recovery services, iPhone data recovery, smartphone data recovery, laptop data recovery, computer data recovery, apple data recovery, hard drive recovery, SSD recovery, damaged and dropped drive recovery, RAID recovery, NAS recovery, USB recovery, memory card recovery, cloud data recovery, virtual machine data recovery, backup data recovery, deleted files recovery, recover lost files, recover lost data, digital photos recovery. KOTAR Data Recovery 325 Piercy Road, San Jose CA 95138 408-455-4310 restore@kotar.us www.kotar.us...

08/11/2017

Don H.

They were able to recover all files. It was a difficult task and they worked day and night and on the weekend to complete the task. When it was realized it was a more work than they quoted they completed the extra work at no additional charge.

Description of Work
My wife's computer had a disk crash.

04/10/2017

Lenonid R.

Kotar Data Recovery diagnosed my drive and sent me a response within hours about the problem with the drive and they were able to get my files back on time for me to finish and submit my project. I'm very happy with the experience and the service!

Description of Work
I had a HDD on a Mac computer that stopped working during a file transfer; I had to turn off my Mac and to my surprise it never booted up again; this happened before having to finalize an important project and I needed help to get my files back immediately.

03/19/2015

Gary H.

Just days before a critical business deadline, Windows said it could no longer recognize the only memory stick that contained files critical to meeting our obligations. Because the files were on a memory stick, the back-up system we have in place had not backed up the files. Earlier versions of the files turned out to be months out of date. In a word: disaster. Called Robert Kotar and he said he could meet us within an hour. He assessed the stick and decided that while it was fried, but said he thought he could access the data and there was a 90% chance of success. The next day, he called to say that he had recovered all the data and the file structure was in tact. He could see the folders and the files. He stayed at his office until 8 PM, the first time we could meet him. We started opening the files and realized that though he'd been able to extract the file structure, the files were still a shambles -- unreadable and unusable. No problem, he said. Because he had all the data, there was a 99% chance he could restore the files, but it would take more time. He worked that night and at 1 am we got a message that he had found the problem and that we'd get the repaired data the next day. The day we had the data back, all files working as intended. Brilliant!

Description of Work
He recovered the data on a memory stick that had crashed, including files critical to meeting a deadline within the next week. The files were both corrupted and encrypted. He recovered all the data.

07/10/2014

Esther N.

I spent the last 4 months recording my EP to send out to different record labels in LA. I stored all the songs (drafts, ideas, lyrics, music sheet, etc.) on a 1TB Seagate hard drive that I, conveniently, never thought to back up. There were over 30 songs on there, along with hundreds of other crucial documents such as photos from my gigs, resumes, contracts, and, schedules. My whole life as a musician was on that drive, and when I accidentally dropped it on the floor, my heart stopped. I quickly plugged it in a computer, trying to see if I had done any damage to my data. When my computer didn't even detect the drive, I started panicking. I had no idea what to do. Luckily, one of my friends told me she had a similar thing happen to her, and recommended me Kotar Data Recovery in South SJ. She said they were very nice and professional, and she was able to get all her data back. Having no other choice, I drove to their office the next day. I was greeted by the owner, Robert, who was indeed very professional and seemed to be very knowledgable about his work. He was friendly and immediately gave me the feeling that everything will be alright. He described me in detail the process of recovery. As I was researching other data recovery services online, I saw a lot of them have a fixed price of recovery (and not based on the problem the drive suffers, which seemed very wierd). That's where Kotar convinced me: they first do a free estimation of your drive, and send you an exact price of recovery based on that on the next 2 hours. Although it was pretty expensive, the price seemed to be completely justified and fair so I decided to give it a go. I regularly received updates on the recovery, and was informed a few days later my data was recovered 100%. Hooray!! I couldn't believe it! Because I couldn't come down to their office, they sent me a new drive with all the data through UPS. They also gave me a free UPS shipping label so I could send them the drive back once I copied the data to my computer at home. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Kotar. As a product of many years of experience in the field, they seem to have perfected the process of data recovery so it is fast, efficient, and customer friendly. These guys are the best! Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Recovered the files from my broken Hard Drive.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Computer Experts Corp

"If you are looking for a knowledgeble IT services, locally owned company with professional help with 32+ years of experience just call us" We Fix PC /Mac's and network issues on-site today. We are a Bay Area IT professional company doing MANAGED IT SERVICES, COMPUTER SALES, SERVICE, AND NETWORKING ON-SITE 7 DAYS A WEEK since 1988 as an accredited business with A+ record with BBB. We have a friendly, professional IT engineers and knowledgeable staff that understand computers and networks from inside out. Whether you have a PC, a Mac, printing, email, Wired or wireless, internet, router, hardware and software, Virus, data recovery issues or a complete network of any size you can rely on us. Always hire professionals not just anyone, it will save you money in long run. 7 days same fee and we will give you an on-site estimate upfront at your home and office and if you agreed then we will fix it same time. No hidden cost. Some areas we charge a travelling fee as well. Please call us at 408.866.5121, 650.941.4147 or toll free 1-877-232-5121. Most of our work is done SAME DAY as you call. Once you try our service you will always be our customer. From one computer to 100 or a network, we service them all. Home and Business welcome.

Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered