Dalcon Electric

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2005

We are an Electrical Contracting Company providing top quality electrical services to South Bay, East Bay, and the Peninsula! Dave Lee, the owner of Dalcon Electric, started doing electrical work in the San Jose area over 30 years ago. Then, in 1993, he started Dalcon Electric in San Jose. With

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.4

electrician (356)lighting (90)ceiling fan installation (40)drywall (11)landscape lighting (10)stucco (4)outdoor kitchens (1)home theater installation (3)computer repair (1)water heaters (1)pool cleaning (1)

11/22/2022

Victoria D.

We were thoroughly impressed with Eddie the project lead and his assistant Jonathan, in addition to a few others who helped on the project. The electricians showed up on time or called ahead to let us know when they would be delayed; they were polite and professional and explained the process and the reasons for everything they did; they cleaned up after each day's work; and they finished the project in a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
Entire house rewired to eliminate dangerous knob-and-tube wiring; additional updates throughout the house to add, move, and remove sockets, switches, and fixtures.

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for Eddie and our team! We pride ourselves with providing nothing but the best service for all of our clients and we are thrilled to hear that you received exactly that. I will definitely be passing your kind words to Eddie and Jonathan. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We wish you the best holiday season! Thank you again! Regards, Sarah Nguyen.

07/28/2022

larry S.

Dalcon did a great job. The electricians were knowledgeable polite and responsive.

Description of Work
replace 30 amp outlet

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving us this review for Juan and Eddie. We hope you have a great holiday season! Best regards, Sarah Nguyen

06/20/2022

Rachel B.

Able to solve the issue and identify additional work to be done in the future

Description of Work
Electrical outlet short

Work Completed On 06/20/2022

03/29/2022

Mark G.

They offer a discount coupon, but don't respond to requests for an estimate. Good luck!

Description of Work
Electrical

Category drywall

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

03/26/2022

Michael A.

Good job . Paid in full but still waiting for come back put labels on our new panel. They will do it. We are still waiting long time. We hope they will come back to put labels on new panel. We don’t know which one room turn off or on.

Description of Work
Electrical change all new wiring by code law

Work Completed On 03/27/2022

02/25/2022

pam L.

Professional, efficient, timely and knowledgeable!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 02/24/2022

02/10/2022

Jeremy D.

Easy to work with and quick install. Communication was friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Install outdoor outlet

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

01/30/2022

Deb D.

Completed all work required, would hire again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/31/2022

11/11/2021

Maryam J.

They came for appraisal gave me a quote for $3000 to have two 240V EV plug installed plus few ceiling lights and outlets. After signing the contract and paying the deposit the work was planned for the week after. Over the weekend I got a text message that I have to pay additional $500 for something that was already accounted for in the original invoice. After complaining I was told to not mind it and it was discussed and supervisor was convinced not to change their numbers. It overall made me feel so bad that I told them to just install one 240V EV plug when they came to do the service. They offered to reduce the overall cost to $2800 as the consequence, which they never honored. Meanwhile looking online I realized that for EV charger installation a permit from the city is mandatory (which I was never told when discussing the work initially). So I asked a permit to be pulled they said they will charge $400 (city fee for permits is $225). When the inspection was scheduled I was told the fee is $700+ and when I asked why they are overcharging so much I was told Dispatch says to do so and go ask the office. I reached out to their office but never got an explanation on why the fee is so high. After inspection was done I was given a date and time for people coming in to patch the walls up. I planned my work schedule accordingly and stayed home to facilitate the work. On the date when no one showed up at the scheduled time I contacted the service representative and he said " They are not there because they had more important works to do!" . Basically saying they cancelled my work because of other works without me being notified. My guess is they forgot to arrange the work to begin with but who knows. I ended up paying $3430 while being made to feel I am rubbing them blind. This was an extremely frustrating experience overall. The two stars given is for the contractors they used to do the work which did their work without any issues.

Description of Work
240V EV plug, electrical outlets and ceiling lights installation in garage

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

11/04/2021

Colin S.

On time. Polite, competent. Came back quickly to finish unforeseen complexity. Good job all around.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

09/28/2021

Thomas S.

Contractor was very capable, punctual, and personable. Job was completed efficiently and expertly. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

09/28/2021

Kathy B.

Dalcon and their awesome employee Carlos were exactly the professionals we needed. They were quick to respond, efficient, extremely professional and the pricing was quite reasonable. We would highly recommend Dalcon and Carlos!!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

09/16/2021

Judith K.

Great. Very efficient and willing to answer questions. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

07/09/2021

Jame & Lorie M.

Couldn’t fix what they came to fix due to poor access. Josh was courteous and helpful and gave us next steps.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 07/10/2021

07/09/2021

Daniel H.

Great. I got an estimate on Tue, installation on Wed. Every one I dealt with was on time, friendly, and professional. I would not hesitate to hire them again. 5 stars is not enough.

Description of Work
EV wall charger / Tesla Level 2

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

06/18/2021

Charles M.

Swiftly, efficiently, and economically. Joshua explained and fixed the problem, documenting his work with photographs, and suggested another future repair job.

Description of Work
Repairing bathroom light fixture

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 06/18/2021

06/16/2021

Magdelana R.

Rafael did a great job showing me what was possible in my job and doing the tasks exactly as described. He was always friendly and professional. I'm a big fan.

Description of Work
Install electrical outlets outdoors

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

06/11/2021

Kaan K.

Surpassed my expectations in all dimensions. Professional, knowledgeable, prompt, informing me of all details. Very impressed. Will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Power disconnected diagnostics

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

06/01/2021

Asha Z.

They provided a wonderful, professional estimate. The technician was good and set a realistic expectation of additional work that may have been needed with repairing a hole in the wall.

Description of Work
Install a Ring Doorbell

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

05/28/2021

Elisabeth S.

great, completed job professionally and quickly

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

05/14/2021

Cheryl Q.

Dalcon was quick to respond and provide an appointment. Eric was able to troubleshoot a breaker and repair two outlets. He also replace a motor for an attic vent fan. He did a great job communicating the problem and work required to fix it. Price was fair and matched the estimate. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

03/22/2021

Don L.

Carlos Figueroa was the Dalcon electrician who performed the service. He was 5 star in every way. He was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, answered all our questions, and completed the job in a quick and efficient manner.

Description of Work
Replacement of a ceiling pendant light fixture