Campbell Overhead Door Inc

Founded 1942 • With Angi since March 2009

1719 Junction Ave Ste B

San Jose, CA 95112

Campbell Overhead Door is a family ran business and it has been that way since 1942. We installed new doors as well as fix and repair existing doors. There is no job that's to big for Campbell Overhead Door inc. We are licensed, bonded, and insured and back up all of our professional work 100percent along with our great warrentys. Call us today for your free no obligation quote....

03/17/2020

David S.

I called on Saturday and got an appointment for Sunday morning, between 9 and 11am. Robert was at my house a little after 9 with everything he needed - a couple of hours later, I had a new opener and all was well. Recommended.

Description of Work
I needed a new opener installed

02/10/2018

Cynthia B.

I called them at around 11:30 on a Friday, so I was expecting to be given an appointment for sometime the next week - but they gave me a window of between 12:00 and 1:00 that same day. He arrived at 12:30. I explained the problem to him, and he ran the door down and up a few times, then did some adjustments, and went over to push the button a few more times, and the door worked perfectly. Then he lubed it, and inspected the door to be sure no parts were worn out, and then charged me the regular "service call" fee. When I paid him, he said that it was guaranteed for a year, so if anything goes wrong, I should call again. He was on his way by 12:45, and the garage door runs better than ever -- smoother and quieter since he lubed it. I am very pleased...

Description of Work
I was afraid I needed a new motor -- The garage door had stopped working, and I had been operating it manually. I'd been able to get it to run again, but it wouldn't stay down when you closed it.

10/01/2017

Rosalie E.

Excellent — had all the parts in the truck

Description of Work
Garage door springs were replaced

12/26/2016

Melvin R.

Door repaired but now it looks slanted from the outside. Our driveway slopes left to right, about 2 inches lower on the right.. Before the fix, the garage door was was aligned with the garage door opening and a flexible bumper on bottom of door covered the 2-inch gap at bottom. After fix, the door is now aligned with the driveway, but now it's out of alignment with the square garage opening. When you look at the hinged seams that run the length of the garage, they look like they are tilted 2 inches off one side. And the door is starting to stick again on the track, which makes me worry this thing is just going to break again.

Description of Work
Fix garage door that had fallen off its track.

12/20/2016

Rich W.

Great door. Efficient installation. HOWEVER, initial installer perturbed the house gas line. Put tension on the pipe run. A few months later it manifested itself by torquing out the brackets holding the gas pipe. By perturbing the gas pipe (raised it in the middle of the pipe run, it caused significant torque on the end elbows and brackets. Was a bad decision to do that. Did not show up until later. But to their benefit, they did come out and correct the error. Would give them straight A's except for the gas pipe issue. A building inspector would probably have caught it upon installation.

Description of Work
Install new roll up garage door.

04/13/2016

Judith R.

I was never quoted a price when I talked to them on the telephone. I was charge $114.00 for one remote control. When I said the price was too high, he sprayed something on the rollers (which I did not want). They made some money, but lost a loyal customer.

Description of Work
Sold me one remote control for the garage door.

11/09/2015

Matthew H.

Harry installed a new garage door opener for us, including the rail and mounting. Everything went smoothly, and the new opener works much better than our old one ever did.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

10/20/2015

Sam L.

This was an emergency visit... the spring broke suddenly and we could not open the garage door. I called in the mid morning and they had someone here at 2 pm. they had the parts needed and fixed it in 30 minutes. This was great service, courteous and competent. It could not have been better.

Description of Work
He fixed the broken spring in my garage door.

10/03/2015

Devon M.

Arrived on time; had all the right tools and parts. Completed the job in less than 60 minutes. Advised us not to over-lubricate the traveling mechanism (four years from now would be right).

Description of Work
Removed a broken spring. Replaced with two new springs; lubricated all moving joints or hinges.

08/18/2015

Raphael R.

Quickly fixed the door, which wouldn't work because the cables and spring broke. They also lubricated the door, which eliminated a squeak / creak that had been there for 13 years, since I moved it (I assumed it was just the nature of the door!).

Description of Work
Replaced garage door spring and cables.

07/03/2015

Adele W.

They came when they said they would, took our old garage door down and installed the automatic garage door that we chose. The door works well.

Description of Work
Replaced our original garage door with a new automatic garage door.

05/28/2015

David S.

We returned home from a trip to find our tilt-up garage door was broken (there was a huge split at the top; it was 50 years old, so I'm not complaining). I called Campbell Overhead Door at 9am on Friday before Memorial Day and described my problem. Harry and Holly were at our house before 11am. Harry looked at the old door, declared it unfixable (no surprise), and Holly said that they could install an in-stock insulated steel roll-up door the next day. They took measurements and left; that part of the process took about 30 minutes. On Saturday, the work crew arrived about 11:15am and finished about 1:30. They were quick and courteous, and the new door looks and works great. They were able to re-use our existing opener (about 5 years old), saving us significant money. And the whole process took less than 30 hours from our first call - on a holiday weekend!

Description of Work
Replaced broken wooden tilt-up garage door with steel roll-up door.

03/18/2015

Bill N.

Fantastic service all around. Arrived early, fixed what was broken, fixed stuff that was broken that I didn't know was broken, and generally left my door in better shape than when he arrived.

Description of Work
I had a broken torsion spring at the top. They replaced both springs, WD40 all the hinges, and lubed the central drive shaft.

06/22/2014

DANIEL M.

Excellent, prompt and professional service from first call to completion of work. Garage door opener was inspected and lubricated, garage door lift assist spring adjusted, garage door hinges lubricated, and additional lift handle installed. Very reasonable price for this as well.

Description of Work
Garage Door and opener inspection, lubrication, lift handle installation.

06/17/2014

Tina M.

I called Campbell Overhead Doors and after explaining the issue, the lady on the phone recommended to schedule the appointment with Harry. Harry called before arriving during the 9-10 am call. He was very professional and checked the overall function of the garage door beyond what I had called Campbell Overhead Doors for. He worked very quickly and knew what he was doing. He replaced the short frame on the garage wall that the garage opener boom was attached to and realigned the boom and arm that is attached to the garage door. He attached a metal brace to stabilize the garage door opener. He adjusted the tension on the springs so the door stays up when opened manually and did general maintenance. The garage door opens smoothly and quietly.

Description of Work
Fix a garage door boom that was loose.

06/16/2014

Scott F.

Installed as expected except I needed to adjust the door "eyes" in order to make the door shut after the installer left.

Description of Work
installed garage door

06/14/2014

Ola C.

I liked being able to go to their shop to see the various doors and colors. I made the appointment at the shop for the following week. Harry came out that afternoon to measure and confirm the job. There was some initial confusion regarding the start time. I had understood that Toi and Ben would arrive at 9:30, but they arrived at 10:30. When I called the office at about 9:45, I was told the start time was within one hour. Toi and Ben were very friendly and began right away. There did not seem to be any complications, except that I had some items in the way of the rails, but they moved everything out and back in when done. They finished about 1:15. I had been unable to use my old door for months and am delighted to have the new one. It looks great and works fine. One additional note...I enjoyed the pleasant music that Toi and Ben played throughout the time.

Description of Work
Replaced my old wood 2-car garage door, all rails, springs and relocated and connected my opener. Take away the old materials.

04/12/2014

Peter J.

Easy to deal with on the phone. Arrived on time diagnosed problem, replaced parts, performed a survey and recommended other legitimate repairs.

Description of Work
Fixed a garage door that would not open. Replaced traveler and general overhaul maintenance.

03/24/2014

Robert T.

The spring on my garage door broke Sunday morning. I called Campbell Overhead Door Monday at 8am and the spring was replaced by noon.

Description of Work
Replace broken garage door spring.

01/16/2014

Kathryn B.

Technician was on time, friendly, detailed, efficient. Door works better than ever. Would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door

11/27/2013

Craig U.

I contacted the company at 10AM because the home warranty repairman wanted to charge me $300 to fix my old garage door. Not wanting to put money into the old door, I set up an appointment with Harry for 12-1PM that same day. Harry came out, did the measurements and gave his recommendations for what he thought would look best for my house. I asked him how soon he could get it done and he called the office. He said, "how about right now in one hour?" Most other places said they get their orders in a couple of times a week. Campbell Overhead door stocks the common sizes for faster turnaround. The installers were well skilled and had the job done in about 2 hours and swept up all the debris. It's not like this company could do it so quickly because they are not busy. It was third door the installers put in that day. They're just skilled and efficient. Basically, went from appointment at 12:30PM to finished at 3:30PM. Price was great with no unexpected costs or sales pitches for extra options. Also, the person on the phone (Linda) couldn't have been any friendlier or more helpful. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door

10/29/2013

Henry M.

On time professional installation. I went with a higher end opener that gave me more entry clearance. Bottom line is that I am very happy and love my new door and opener.

Description of Work
Complete new garage door and opener.

09/18/2013

Jeanne M.

The entire process went very well. Harry came out and determined the best type of installation for our situation. The workmen who came to do the installation were very professional and efficient. They even cleaned as they went along so everything was in order when they finished. We are pleased with the door and windows. Would highly recommend this firm to whoever needs this work done. Thanks, Ed.

Description of Work
Removed old garage door and installed a new one.

09/18/2013

Leslie M.

They were good. They were very knowledgeable. They made an appointment with me from 2:30-5:30 and never showed up. We called the first thing the next day and he came out then. He was very nice but he said he thought someone from the office had called about missing the pointing. He did a very good job but in moving a piece of equipment he broke a light and he just kind of ignored it. I was surprised they did not offer to replace it. Other than that he did a good job.

Description of Work
Repaired garage

09/16/2013

Shahram M.

Prompt and knowledgeable. Overall very happy with the work they did... and it was cheaper than any of the big box stores could do!

Description of Work
Installed new garage door

Safety Garage Door Repair & Installation

Safety Garage Door Repair & Installation adds convenience, safety, and style to garages of homes from San Francisco to Saratoga, and everywhere in between. We offer upfront pricing, honest work, and flexible scheduling to install and fix your garage door and door opener so that you can focus on other things in your life. We are fully licensed, insured and bonded.

Offers by Safety Garage Door Repair & Installation on Angi
    PRECISION DOOR SERVICE

Local family owned and operated. Your call answered 24/7- guaranteed. SAME DAY REPAIR. FREE NEW DOOR ESTIMATES. Top 5% Angie's List Super Service Award Winner. All work Diamond Certified Guaranteed... Feel comfortable knowing we install and repair over 2,000 garage doors every year. If you are not completely satisfied with our service, you can call us and we will do everything within reason to make things right. . We strive for a great customer experience on every call. Our technicians are highly trained and backed by a national brand. Owners actively involved in day-to-day operations and available for great customer service. Additional Phone Number: (866) 949-3722

Halcyon Overhead Door

Halcyon Overhead Door is based in San Jose. We are locally owned and operated, and have over 20 years experience serving the South Bay, Peninsula and East Bay installing and servicing residential and commercial doors and openers for thousands of satisfied customers. We carry all the major brands (NorthWest, Amarr, Clopay, Holmes, Genie, Linear and LiftMaster) and offer a wide range of models and styles of both garage doors and openers to suit your individual needs. In addition to our quality garage door products, we also offer and install RaceDeck garage floor tiles. These rubberized tiles are a great way to “finish” your garage. As well as being attractive, the tiles add warmth and safety, and are durable and easy to clean. Yet with all the quality products we offer at Halcyon, our #1 product is our SERVICE -- fast, friendly, and affordable. Since we’re locally based and have focused our service on the South Bay, Peninsula and East Bay we’re able to offer you an outstanding level of individualized customer service. Our owners are very hands-on and are an integral part of the day-to-day operation of the business. In addition, our well-trained, courteous, and professional technicians are ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rain or shine, and we guarantee our service. Halcyon Overhead Door is licensed (#818085) and fully insured.

Offers by Halcyon Overhead Door on Angi

Yes on new garage doors

Same day service. Lowest prices guaruanteed. Come see the bay areas biggest showroom

NA