California Construction Center

California: Contractors
03/31/2023

1900 Camden Ave

San Jose, CA 95124

Servicing the Bay Area area since 2005, California Construction Center, Inc is a licensed, bonded and insured general construction company. We have been remodeling properties for residential, commercial and industrial properties. "CCC" is a prestigious company who strives on professionalism and strong client satisfaction results. Our reputable ways allows for us to make and keep professional relationships, as we are in the mind set that the best business appreciation we can get is a referral. Family owned and operated "CCC" has spent many years creating a name for itself as both valued business and as a place where our clients can be treated with the up most dignity and respect. For we value their ideas and strive to give them input without jeopardizing their visions and ideas in the process, in the most respectable fashion possible. "CCC" displays extreme expertise and knowledge in all their business ventures. "CCC". We have aimed to be better than most with the ideals that growth is essential for success. We are proud to share that of many competing companies , "CCC "Was chosen out of 100 top contractors in the Southern California area to be on the hit "TV" show "Flip This House". We would love if your could take a moment to watch the TV show clip from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekxrninanou where you can observe the owners Jonathan and Oz demonstrating their ongoing knowledge and expertise in this extensive field, both Design and Construction. Also click the following testimonial link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_eslfll1xiq to view the testimonial video showing our previous clients who have had First hand experiences with "CCC". We value your time and input and strive to do business with both new and old clients, in order to continue to remain the reputable company we strive ourselves as having been this long....

home remodeling (144)window replacement (45)countertop installation (44)stucco (39)house painting (32)home builder (29)roofing (28)hardwood floors (24)decks & porches (18)garage building (8)outdoor kitchens (5)Patios (4)

05/10/2021

David L.

I hired California Construction Center to remodel my bathroom. Ez and his team from CCC shoved up on time and they were very professional, efficient and quick. Ez was very communicative, honest and helpful with his valuable ideas. There were some unexpected issues but he and his team resolved everything easily and there were no extra costs and also project was finished within promised time. My new bathroom turned out exactly as I requested. Thanks Ez!

Description of Work
Remodel a Bathroom

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

01/08/2020

Robert A.

Very trustworthy and professional company. i called several contractors to see their offer for replacing windows on my house. I decided to go with California Construction Center because they were most realistic and their answer was most professional and detailed. They finished everything within promised time and they did high quality job. I can't ask for more!

Description of Work
Windows replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

11/16/2019

Noam Y.

I reached out to California Construction Center and multiple other companies due to water damages in my apartment. and once I met with this team I knew that I did not have to keep looking anymore. they repaired everything for me such as they did flooring work and they did painting work too and once they finished it was like nothing had ever happened! thank you so much and I will most definitely be using them again in the future I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
General remodeling

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you! Jonathan.

11/14/2019

Roger H.

This is first time I worked with this company but not the last for sure. California Construction Center recently remodeled my basement and they did an amazing job. I was impressed how they were organized and they provided highest quality of work. My basement now looks fantastic. I can't recommend enough this contractor!

Description of Work
Basement remodeling

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/10/2019

11/13/2019

Maja D.

I decided to hire California Construction center after consulting with four different companies because I had to do general work at the apartment I was staying since ny lease came to an end and raising two dogs , I had to repaint, redo the carpet at certain areas and reface some of the cabinets . Their representative was very reasonable and knowledgeable. He provided me with a price and two different options and the work started three days after as I was pretty in a hurry to finish it because of my lease end terms. It was easy to communicate and the work was done at time. I highly recommend and will definitely use them in future.

Description of Work
General remodeling

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

10/25/2019

Tony Z.

After meeting several prospective contractors for my room addition project, I hired California Construction Center for the following reasons: 1) Their professional sales presentation, 2) a visual simulation showing what my end results look like before project even starts, and 3) the end-to-end solution and excellent value CCC provides. My project consists of adding a master bedroom and a dining room to the existing house, and converting an existing small bedroom into a spacious master bath and plenty of closet space. EZ is one of the owners of the company and the general contractor for my project. He is extremely responsive, professional and good at listening to what we need and then translate our wish list into beautiful designs. He is also very flexible and accommodated several rounds of changes during the planning phase. Because of the careful prep work EZ and team did, the building permit was approved in record time and the project started way ahead of schedule. Many building materials have been pre-ordered but delivered just in time to allow the work to progress at a constant speed without costly waiting. I have done small home remodeling before, but I have to say EZ’s crew is one of the best organized and hardest working crew I’ve ever worked with. They constantly exceed my expectation by going extra mile to get the job done right. Seven weeks into the project, the exterior of the addition is almost done. I am very happy with the work so far and looking forward to the completion of my the project before the holidays. Definitely recommend to consider CCC if you have a home improvement project to tackle.

Description of Work
Home addition, kitchen and bath remodel

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

10/24/2019

Tim R.

Fantastic job provided from this company. My brother recommended me California Construction Center for my master bathroom remodel and I am so happy I hired them. Excellent service, professional and pleasant workers and the price was OK. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Remodel a Master Bathroom

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

09/11/2019

CW W.

Beware! Beware! Beware! We read the reviews and thought this was a reputable company, until we later learned you can hire a service that will pay reviewers (not actual customers) to put positive reviews on sites. It was too late for us when we found this out, we hired California Construction Center (CCC) #891847, Contractor Erez Zilberberg (aka 'EZ') and Project Manager Sagi (aka 'Sage') for a kitchen and 2 bathroom remodels in the Bay Area. They absolutely destroyed our home!!! They used a subcontractor Elkabetz Inc #976883 who has a suspended license and CCC refused to tell us the name of the subcontractor company so we could research them and find this out, as we would have fired CCC. We did our own investigative work to find this out. They did not call for any city inspections (though we paid for permits) and closed up the walls, bathroom floors, etc. without having the work inspected. This is illegal!!! All the work (plumbing, electrical) was done by unlicensed workers, none of which were surpervised by anyone licensed, which is also illegal!! All of the work they did has been faulty. The shower leaked through the ceiling into downstairs, the toilet leaked through the ceiling, the bath and bath valves leaked, all causing mold to grow in the walls/drywall electrical was not done to code and is unsafe, our hardwood floors were destroyed throughout the house by the workers. We are now having to have all the work redone. This was a two month job with CCC and they took 10 months, our family was displaced from our home for the duration and now we are displaced again to have all the work redone properly and to code. CCC has complaints against them with the CSLB (California State Licensing Board) and as a result of our complaint and the work they did, they will have their license revoked. We have written this review as we truly wish could have read an honest review from an actual customer before hiring CCC, and having our home destroyed.

Description of Work
Home remodel

Category countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, stucco, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

09/04/2019

Vicki Z.

I put an request quote on Angies list. I got call from this company right away! However on the phone, before listing to understand all the work scope of my project, ther rep just cut my conversation and told me their company can't do the project (My request was clearly described as bathroom remodel), and their project starts with $$$ amount. Well, she didn't even bother to ask how much of the project budget is before she cut me off. The project definitely is over the amount she told me! She is just rude, no patient, and not paying attention to details! By the way, I am a customer support manager working for a tech company. I know what a good customer service should be!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

07/24/2019

Maria T.

Reaching out to receive a free quote from CCC was truly one of the best decisions my husband and I have made for our home thus far! We had a few other company's come out as well but none of them made a first impression like this company. We had a vision in mind of what we wanted our backyard to look like and CCC really took there time to make it come to life. In fact, it looks even better than we had planned. I was truly left speechless with this companies efforts and professionalism. There's nothing else like it, and I will be sure to use them for my next big job and to refer them as much as possible!! Thank you again California Construction, we are so happy to have worked with you guys!

Description of Work
Backyard Remodel

Category fencing, landscaping, remodeling, roofing, siding, house painters, sunrooms, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

06/10/2019

Daryl N.

Initially, communication was very poor. We signed the contract in December 2018 with deposit check paid and by late February 2019, we were still waiting for CCC to schedule the flooring work (ceiling fan installation completed in January) although they did send TWO project managers to measure the spaces (remember this for later). Finally reached out to Jonathan and that's when CCC gave us an installation timetable for March 2019. Another project manager came by to examine the job site and measure/figure out the baseboard heights, flooring material was delivered, and CCC would start the following week. Materials check and fan installation check are paid at this time to CCC PM. Installers came in; "where's the glue?" No glue delivered. One day delay. Third floor installed and finished properly and nicely although there was a slight delay while the baseboard needed to be delivered (not delivered earlier). First floor installed and finished properly. Stairs started and half-finished / delayed while CCC had to get more nose wood pieces because they didn't deliver enough on the first shipment (I think this was a week delay) and we added another week delay because my wife decided to sand/paint the spindles (they had been removed and hadn't been painted since the townhouse was built). In March, they sent a painter to patch and paint the hole that was cut for the ceiling fan installation in January. Also sent a painter in April to put touch up paint/caulk on the nail holes in the melamine risers created when installing the risers in March. They received the final check at this point. Communication issues aside, what really caused me to not want to use CCC on future projects was the *11* boxes of unused flooring material that we purchased and is still sitting in my garage. At 17 sqft of material per box, that's a LOT of extra flooring material that CCC wouldn't take back. When we did the 2nd floor in 2014, the flooring contractor only left a partial box for future repairs. I can understand a full and a partial box, but 11 boxes and some unboxed material? What am I going to do with 11 full boxes other than donate them to Habitat for Humanity? Don't get me wrong; they did nice work and the floor looks great. The reason I used a General Contractor is that I have one source to do electrical/flooring/painting without having to get different vendors. But 3 project managers measuring and they still are over by almost 200 square feet of material?

Description of Work
Replacement of carpet on two levels plus staircases (two full flights) with engineering hardwood, installation of ceiling fan in second master bedroom, replacement of ceiling fan in first master bedroom.

Category flooring contractor, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

Review for California Construction Center - 1900 Camden Ave, San Jose, CA - 37921490

05/24/2019

Harriet .

Our bathroom is awesome and we absolutely love it! Jonathan’s quality of workmanship and attention to detail are unmatched. California Construction Center truly cares about your project and will do everything possible to ensure that your expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Jonathan was a big help in planning our project and ensuring there were no surprises for us. He kept in constant communication on all issues, big and small, and made sure we came in under budget. We could not be happier with our bathroom and definitely recommend CCC!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed] we appreciate the positive feedback.. Thank you Jonathan

05/17/2019

Brian B.

We could not be more pleased with the deck and patio California Construction Center built for us. They proved to be very professional, honest, as well as being easy to contact and work with through the entire process. They kept us informed and we always knew what to expect as to when they were coming and what was to take place next. The workers were courteous and yard was left safe and in order each day when they left. It was clear that their main goal was to make sure we were completely satisfied with our patio and pergola and we are. Thank you Jonathan for incredible service. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Patio and Deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

[Member Name Removed] we truly appreciate your feedback we value your business !! Thank you Jonathan

05/14/2019

Nayane J.

California Construction Center is a very wonderful company to work with. They did install granite counter tops, modern cabinets and new laminate flooring in my kitchen 1 months ago. They are very professional and their prices were great. I would recommend them to everyone GO WITH CCC!!!! Thanks California Construction I will be using this company for all my future home improvements!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

04/03/2019

Dennis S.

They were absolutely wonderful punctual and on time. The work was done as visualized in our first meeting on a very cool architectural program and in a very artistic and professional way. All of the workers were real craftsman . We never had a day where there weren’t people at the house working on the project and they finished ahead of the projected schedule .

Description of Work
Home remodel, additional room, outdoor kitchen

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, insulation, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, window treatments, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, architect, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

01/15/2019

Dayna W.

I first contacted Green Planet Remodeling after submitting all the requested information on Houzz's website. Green Planet was the first to respond and coordinate a time/date for their contractor to stop by. Or was ON TIME, listened, and evaluated all of our options, thoughts, and gave us his feedback and thoughts. It was a healthy combination of taking into consideration what we wanted and what was possible (anything is truly possible, but he was open about potential costs, timeframes and other things to consider - things we hadn't considered). In the end, we evaluated 3 other companies and contractors including one referral, but we decided to go with Green Planet all because of Or to be honest. From Day 1 and throughout, he was *snaps fingers* on top of things. He was constantly following up with us keeping things moving along. I think he was late maybe once, but he had texted me ahead of time to give me a heads up (I've heard horror stories about contractors suddenly not showing up or being 1, 2, 3 hours late - super unprofessional). Throughout the project, Or's team moved fast and kept us updated the entire way. If/when there were surprises or issues, Or would personally stop by in person to assess the situation and provide options or updates. I liked that he was constantly overseeing the work and not being invisible. We really liked working with Green Planet and Or in particular because we both work full time, have 2 young children, and we're incredibly busy. We don't have time to be following up and project managing a remodel project and having one more thing to keep track of. We really liked that we could rely on Or to take care of everything and be up front about what was going on. Communication was spot on (text, email, WhatsApp, phone). If there was anything we weren't happy about or had questions, Or would take the time to understand our concerns and provide options, with us making the final decision. Even if it meant more work or they'd have to redo something, they would do it to make sure we were happy. I liked that I didn't always get 100% pushback or moaning and groaning about something that we'd pointed out. Or was also really good about offering his thoughts on aesthetics (we should align this with the seam here or we should make sure these are all evenly spaced). Observing him work with his team definitely instilled confidence that they were working hard to do a GREAT job (not a "just get it over and done with" job). We appreciated those fine details (because we wouldn't have known or thought about it otherwise). They are very efficient, pay attention to detail (we've gotten rave reviews on the tile work in our bathroom by other professionals) and they are on top of things. They can move as fast as you want to move and they're great for when you have a vision/idea of what you want to do to make it a reality. We've already referred a lot of friends and co-workers and we're very happy with all of the hard work they put into creating gorgeous bathrooms and closets for us. Very professional the entire time. You really need to ask if you want to get **** done tastefully, efficiently, and within a fair and reasonable budget. We'll have to update/add in photos later...been meaning to get this done at the very least.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

10/18/2018

John R.

The project started much bigger. Originally it was a new unit addition, requiring a new foundation and practically everything else from the ground up. This was the original contract that I signed with California Construction Center, expecting additional funding that did not materialize. Meanwhile EZ, my primary contact and owner at CCC, had purchased materials for the larger project. He was very understanding, and issued a revised contract right away for the smaller scope of work, which was completed on time and on budget. All of the CCC contractors on the project were extremely competent and responsible. Overall it was an excellent experience, and the house is beautiful!

Description of Work
Interior remodel: New kitchen and bathroom, new electrical and lighting, plumbing upgrade, all interior painting and hardwood floor refinishing.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

08/14/2018

John K.

Having used California Construction Center for a remodel of two bathrooms and a kitchen, I was eager to have them bid on a big new project at our new house involving a pool, pergola, fireplace, outdoor deck, and garage conversion to an ADU (with an addition). I reached out to EZ via text and email and try and see if he'd be interested in bidding on the project in March -- and he said he was! We sent a RFP in March and, never heard anything, so followed up with EZ via text on April 2, 4, 8. He never replied. The project was delayed for historical review so I followed up via text on June 25 once we had secured approvals -- but didn't hear back from EZ. I reached out again yesterday (August 13) via text and email and didn't get the courtesy for a reply. What a shame. This was once a reputable company, but not any more. Don't believe all the A ratings.

Description of Work
Major Backyard Renovation/Accessory Dwelling Unit

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

07/21/2018

REECE T.

WORST CONSTRUCTION JOB TO DATE. Chose them even though the price was a little higher than other bidders as Nir gave me the confidence that he knew what my needs were and assured me that the job would be completed by the time I left to go on a trip. Contract was signed June 13, 2017 with completion date 2-3 weeks after commencement of job which was to be July 20, 2017. On July 19 CCC asked for a commencement date of 7-8 August as July was busy for them BUT assured me that the construction would be ready when the door arrived 16 August. On August 8 it was discovered that a retaining wall needed to be replaced and I signed a Change Order to the original Contract. The doors were attempted to be delivered on August 16 but I had no place to store them and asked them to contact CCC. The demolition finally started on August 17 for 1 day and no construction resumed until August 26 for 5 days; September 11, 1 day, September 15 for 7 days; September 28, 1 day; October 4, 2days; October 27, 2 days; November 2, 5 days; November 13, 1 day. CONTRACT WAS SIGNED JUNE 13, 2017, with START DATE OF JULY 20. Commencement day was changed at the request of CCC to August 7/8. BETWEEN AUGUST 17 AND NOVEMBER 13 there was ONLY 23 DAYS OF CONSTRUCTION. Nir was fully aware of dates I would be away and said he could work within those dates. DID NOT HAPPEN. PROBLEMS THAT OCCURRED DURING THE JOB: Electrical conduit between house and outside garage was covererd by debris from demolition resulting with no electricity to garage NOR TO INTERCOM AT GATE; electrician had to be called. REMOTE CAMERA UNDER DECK LOST. Ozzie can be particularly condescending and GOT UPSET WHEN I POINTED OUT THAT THE SLATS between the stair railings were not spaced equally apart, laughing it off until I insisted that they be constructed as requested. Last electrician showed up TO PLACE ELECTRICAL CONDUIT UNDER DECK SAID HE DID NOT WORK ON LOW VOLTAGE ELECTRICITY for the intercom. Ozzie did not have a low voltage electrician and said to have Alarm Company do it when they replaced the lost remote camera.. Nir proposed that I keep the balance owing to pay for camera and Alarm Company. We signed off on that agreement. TO DATE, the LOCK BOX is still attached to front gate AND A BUNDLE OR REBAR is laying beside the stairs. USE CCC AT YOUR OWN PERIL. Cost of service includes Milgard French Doors.

Description of Work
Wooden Deck and Stairs replaced/repaired; French Doors onto Patio Installed

Category concrete repair, decks, drywall, egress windows, house painters, interior painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Review for California Construction Center - 1900 Camden Ave, San Jose, CA - 37388324

07/19/2018

Andrew K.

I have an old house in Lincoln Heights in Los Angeles. I contacted California Construction Center about remodeling stairs in my house that are too steep / not up to code. The person they sent over was Alan and he was very professional and helpful. I explained to him I wanted this project done ASAP (I have 2 new tenants moving in and wanted to finish the remodeling before they move in) and he took me very seriously on that and moved very fast. He got some contractors out to my house the next week to take measurements and get blueprint plans from the city. He had a full quote and plan ready for me in about 10 business days. While I ultimately decided not to move forward with the stairs remodeling (Some complications occurred involving permits with my house's basement which would've complicated things with the City) Alan was incredibly punctual and responsive throughout the entire process. And the research he did with City Hall helped me make an informed decision. I will definitely be hiring them for future projects!

Description of Work
City Hall Research

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

06/12/2018

Stella M.

Green Universe is an amazing company, I can’t say enough good things about this company’s expertise and excellent customer service skills. I was super impressed by Oz’s knowledge in this field of work, you can tell right away his level of understanding is very different from the average contractor that I met with from other companies. His ideas and design input really made me confident that I was in good Hands with my Kitchen and Bathroom remodel needs. This is my go to company in all things design and construction, and with no hesitation I would use them again and again if needed. I can’t explain enough how much my home means to me, I have worked hard to make it special and unique and, so I naturally wouldn’t trust it in the hands of just anyone. After a very stressful interviewing process, dealing with competing companies, I came across GREEN UNIVERSE, and boy am I glad I did. They walked me through what I would be expecting, they kept it clear and concise. I wasn’t thrown surprises or problem along the way, like my friends have told me about with other companies, their horror stories scared me initially to do any work, but the min I set with OZ from this company I knew my experience would be a positive one. I trust Green Universe and I highly recommend them. I love my kitchen and bathroom, and I know they are very amazing at what they do……THANK YOU GUYS!!! Your awesome.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

06/06/2018

Brenda A.

Alan was always there on time, very knowledgeable about everything. did a 3D model of what the kitchen will look like when it's finished. We haven't remodeled our kitchen but will be n September. But, we will be going with California Construction when we do.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters