We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Black Diamond Paver Stones & Landscape Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2012

1975 Hamilton Ave Suite 5

San Jose, CA 95125

Black Diamond has been family owned & operated since 2004 with local offices in San Jose, Novato, San Mateo, San Ramon, Santa Cruz, Carmel, Ventura County and Sacramento. With an exemplary reputation of being the leader in paver stone and landscape design & installation throughout California, our company’s ultimate goal is to provide an exceptional client experience. Our family of experts will create your custom Dreamscape with a commitment to professionalism, quality, value and customer service. We work with “Experts Only” to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by offering the highest quality work, including a 27 year warranty on paver installation & a lifetime warranty on paver stones....

Projects

Belgard Catalog 2020 Featured Backyard project
Belgard Catalog 2020 Featured Backyard

lawn & landscaping

201994526

10/21/2021

Philip M.

To complete our home remodel, we chose Black Diamond for our landscaping. The customer experience provided by Jeff Blaisdell, our Project Manager / Designer was excellent. From the initial meeting to discuss our thoughts thru the implementation of our project, Jeff was proactive, organized and ensured we understood the advantages of each option we chose. The installation team was punctual, clean and well organized. The project was delivered on time and within budget. We are now enjoying our new pavers, turf, lighting and irrigation system. I highly recommend Jeff and the Black Diamond team!!! Philip M.

Description of Work
Landscaping: Pavers, Turf, Lighting and Irrigation

Category concrete repair,landscaping,mulch,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

09/24/2021

Janet L.

Rocco and Black Diamond did a fabulous job on my backyard patio. It was a pretty big project with some complexities such as figuring out how to install appropriate steps for the doorways. The pavers were all very professionally laid and when I pointed out that a couple were scratched, they were immediately replaced. The guys laying the pavers really worked hard. Working in the backyard required using a Bobcat, necessitating taking down a fence and resulting in breaking a couple of sprinklers. But, the fence was put back in place and the sprinklers were repaired without any problem. Equally important when the job was finished, everything was very nicely cleaned-up. I highly recommend Rocco and Black Diamond and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Pavers on backyard patio

Category concrete repair,hardscaping

09/11/2021

Deep G.

Rocco was extremely professional in approach during the initial stages and did not try to push us into anything more than we needed. He worked within the constraints provided and we liked his suggestions. The work itself was executed with efficiency. Rocco and his crew manager (Jose) were able to get us in ahead of time. I am pleased with the output and feel comfortable that I can reach out to Black Diamond for any questions/future projects. Well done.

Description of Work
The project was to get part of our backyard paved.

Category hardscaping

08/17/2021

Shifumi T.

I highly recommend Black Diamond!! From the start of the process with getting a quote to the final product, everything was handled so professionally. The amazing team who helped us build our dream patio was David Weissenberg (Project Design Specialist), Ingrid (Project Coordinator), and Venturo + his work crew. David is very personable and knowledgeable, and he made sure we were satisfied throughout every step of the project, while Ingrid kept us up-to-date leading up to the start of the project. Venturo and his crew are extremely hard-working and were able to build our massive patio within a week. Their craftsmanship is outstanding; the patio is absolutely gorgeous! Black Diamond also comes with a 27-year warranty, which gives me peace-of-mind knowing that the huge investment I put into the patio will be protected. All in all, Black Diamond is an excellent company to work with because they value their customers and produce high-quality work!

Description of Work
Patio build out using concrete pavers

Category hardscaping,patios

08/12/2021

Jonathon L.

Run away from this company. Our 6 week project is now a 6 month, never-ending saga of ineptitude and sloth. We started early in March - pavers and landscaping- simple job. Its now August and only the first task is complete. We picked BLack Diamond from several bids based on their purported project management capabilities (lies) and size/number of teams (more lies) to finish by the beginning of summer, our most important goal. Black Diamond failed at every opportunity. It was almost comical. Ordering materials in advance for the next phase? Nope. Team available? Nope. Their accounting department couldn't even keep track and bill us at milestones- we had to remind them. Once they finally started, months later, it was a single worker and that was it. No "team". Like one guy. Their operations department is a disaster. Their "schedulers" cannot produce a schedule for you. One "scheduler" chastised me on the phone because I "embarrassed him by calling customer service" to track him down after repeated lack of replies. He claimed we had no options but to use them, after a expletive-laden tirade - because I had asked for our project schedule (he didn't have anything). When we had finished with demo this "scheduler" was absolutely clueless- he had no grasp of the project, what was complete, what wasn't, what was next, etc. Presently we are on hold yet again while they dither, waiting on landscaping- our "scheduler" had two weeks to follow up with us but that didn't occur to him (to respond to repeated inquiries) and now he's on vacation. Apparently no one else can help. This company is a complete joke. They are rip off artists. Don't believe the sales pitch. All lies. The owner, should you escalate, is there to calm you down while, in the meantime nothing actually changes. We are filing complaints with the CA contractors license board. The designers, however, are quite good and responsive - ours is superb. Unfortunately, the designers are tethered to this dysfunctional back office clown operation that is incapable of delivering. Spend your money elsewhere. Take the design perhaps and use it, Don't expect Black Diamond to actually do it in any reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
Backyard Pavers and Landscaping (Artificial Turf, Irrigation, Plants)

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,masonry,hardscaping

07/29/2021

Roxana M.

Lacy Valenzuela, designer for Black Diamond, showed up on time and was very professional! She looked at my backyard and drew for me the perfect sketch describing where I can plant the flowers and trees I’m interested in. She provided me with a vision and a layout. Very creative, very well spoken and very knowledgeable about what she does. I will refer her without hesitation!! Thank you Lacy!! You are the best!! 😊😊

Description of Work
Exterior layout design

Category concrete repair,landscaping

07/18/2021

Chinee G.

This feedback is for Lacy. Lacy did an outstanding design for our side and front yard. We have some existing landscaping in place but Lacy took it up to the next level in blending the existing to a completely new space. Her design was so seamless in bringing the outdoor in and taking the indoor out. She exceeded our expectations in blending the line between the inside of our home and the outdoor space. Lacy's design was very well thought through tying different elements together and creating a seamless cohesive space. I highly recommend Lacy. A true professional!

Description of Work
Design and install side and front yard.

Category concrete repair

04/22/2021

James J.

It went great and they were very professional. We have had Lacy and her crew out several times over the past two years. Which ought to tell you something we are repeat customers. They were just as professional now as they were two years ago. Ask for Lacy she is fantastic to work with.

Description of Work
Patio, front yard grass, walk way, flower beds

Category concrete repair,excavators,landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

04/17/2021

Nancy L.

Julie M. (our project manager) was excellent!! She met with us and listened to our ideas and made suggestions, then drew up a plan. Once the project was started she checked in daily in person to make sure everything was going according to plan. The workers were fast and hard working. Julie kept us informed and was always available by text or phone call to address any questions or concerns along the way. After the hardscape was done, she had us go plant shopping with her to pick out what we liked as well as giving us her suggestions about what would look good and grow well in specific areas of the yard. She is very knowledgeable. We are very pleased with our project that Black Diamond did for us and Julie was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
paver pathways and sitting area, plus landscaping

Category concrete repair,landscaping,hardscaping

02/27/2021

Adam V.

Black Diamond Pavers promised high quality work and a team of skilled employees to perform the work. I hired them and paid a premium based on their promises of premium work. The crew that black diamond sent to my house was a random crew of scab workers that changed daily and were not employed by black diamond. I was promised by black diamond that my front yard calstone paver walkways and porch would be competed in 3 days. In reality, the project took over 30 days and the work was the worst I have ever seen. The unprofessional crew spent a month in my front yard chain smoking cigarettes and dropping their cigarette butts all over my yard, with no foreman on-site and zero guidance or direction. The workers left my yard piles of trash amd garbage stuffed in corners every day. They literally caused more damage to my property and made more mistakes than I could explain in this brief review. It has now been 3 months since the project began and the landscape lights and transformer are still not hooked up. I also have low spots in the pavers where water pools every time it rains or anytime I turn the hose on - this is from improper preparation and poor compaction beneath the paver stones. Black diamond does not employ their own crews of workers. What they do is double the actual costs of the project (based on the promise of excellent workmanship) and they send a crew of random Home Depot parking lot workers, whom they pay less than market rate for their work. I saw so many different workers throughout the job, likely due to these being day laborers from the Home Depot parking lot. Most of the guys would show up in old trucks that had other business names on the side (not Black Diamond)- “affordable hauling”, lawn care, etc. I got scammed by black diamond, don't make the same mistake. I will be forced to take them to court in order to recoup money so that I may have my pavers installed by a legitimate contractor.

Description of Work
Calstone paver walkways, steps and porch installed in front yard. Existing pool deck demo and paver pool deck install in back yard. $40k+ Total in work and the worst quality imaginable by the Home Depot parking lot day laborers they sent to my home.

Category decks,landscaping,masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,patios