Better Water Heaters

California: Contractors
11/30/2023

3010 Ridgegate Drive

San Jose, CA 95133

We started Better Water Heaters to provide fair pricing and quality service to the customers seeking water heater service or replacement. The truth is, most companies overcharge because they know you need hot water immediately and will probably pay a lot to get it quick. My typical customer is one who has price shopped the competition and have decided most companies either charge way too much or are hard to pin down to a firm price. We understand. You simply need a water heater and don’t want to deal with a sleazy salesman…you want to talk to a plumber….so give us a call and we’ll talk. At Better Water Heaters we do something quite rare in the plumbing business- install water heaters for a fair price. We grow our business one satisfied customer at a time; we don’t take advantage of a plumbing emergency and charge unreasonably. Your referral is important to us that is why we always will work to insure your complete satisfaction. We’re a small company and we keep our overhead low, because of this we don’t need to charge unreasonably. Of course we are licensed, bonded and insured and are very experienced at water heater installation and repair. We are experts in convention water heater repair and replacement, Tankless water heater installation, and other plumbing issues. We are the only water heater installation company in northern California that has earned the prestigious DIAMOND CERTIFICATION. We are also member of the Better Business Bureau. Our advertised prices include a quality water heater, basic installation and disposal of your old unit; Extra parts and labor required to do the job right, are additional. Call us for all your water heating needs. Estimates are always free and we never charge extra for nights, weekends, or holidays....

water heaters (181)plumbers (33)appliance repair (5)HVAC Companies (3)flooring (1)electrician (1)

06/29/2022

steve S.

They came out in 2016 for a job I told them over the phone was a simple T&P valve. They came out, claimed I needed a new water heater, and put a quote in my hand for $1300. I told them to get lost, and they pressured me to sign at $1200. I told them to leave, immediately!! Here we are, over 8 years later, and my old water heater is still working great! They second company came out, replaced the T&P valve, and $200 later it works fine, as expected. Frans is a large, cheater, scammer, and do not trust them to do the job without ripping you off!! I knew what I needed, and they STILL tried to rip me off!!! How do you think they will treat someone without knowledge, like my grandma?! You should be ashamed of yourself Frans, for trying to rip people off!! ZERO STARS!!!

Description of Work
T&P Valve Replacement

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

12/16/2021

Maria B.

They are good. They came on time gave me a good price.

Description of Work
Install water Heaters

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

01/18/2021

Rashmikant P.

This requires proper way to do this, instead of just connecting hose and empty the tank one time. Should look into the water to see if debris are coming out,etc...

Description of Work
Empty water heater tank

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

11/21/2020

Phyllis C.

Daniel was prompt, efficient and extremely professional. Explained everything that he was doing and what I needed to do to maintain my new heater.

Description of Work
Installation of a tankless water heater.

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

05/21/2020

Peter Z.

Since my current water heater was 17 years old I decided to replace it before it gave out on me. I emailed Better Water Heaters in the evening with the details and got a phone call from Frans who scheduled Daniel to come and give me a free estimate the next afternoon. In the meantime I got another quote from another installer after texting photos of the current installation. Daniel’s estimate was similar for a standard water heater replacement but although I had not considered a tankless install I asked for a quote on that as well after discussing pros and cons with Daniel. Daniel then waited while I discussed this with my wife and since he could do the install the next day I decided on the tankless install and Daniel arrived the next morning and completed the install in three hours. I am very happy with the quickness and quality of the work as well as the quality of the Rinnai water heater that was installed.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

03/09/2020

moses M.

They are very good, very efficient, polite and they explained the process.

Description of Work
They did a water heater installation.

Work Completed On 03/09/2019

02/10/2020

Senay E.

Everything was good, the only issue was the pricing. The service was good, calling me promptly,everything but mainly went well.

Description of Work
Water Heater repair.

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

08/02/2019

terry M.

It was fine and no problem. They came in and did their job.

Description of Work
Installed new water heater.

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

07/24/2019

Randall H.

Our water heater started leaking and needed to be replaced. Called in the morning and had someone out in the afternoon. This was actually our second quote. The first guy only gave the heater a cursory look before quoting a price. The Better Water Heaters technician actually examined the heater, plumbing and electrical connections before discussing options. We discussed replacing the original and switching to a tankless system. After we did some research and asked some friends who had a tankless system, we decided to go with the tankless. We scheduled an appointment for the next day and had it installed. Very smooth, very professional.

Description of Work
Water Heater replacement

Work Completed On 07/06/2019

06/11/2019

Donald W.

We noticed black particles/materials on top of our water heater. Our thinking was that the particles were coming out of the top of the water heater, where there is an opening that was just below the venting pipe that leads to the roof. I called Better Water Heaters and Frans (owner?) answered. I did not realize that he was in his truck on the way to another job. I described what we saw and did not think it was coming from the water heater. He suggested that I sent him the pictures that we taken and forwarded to him. Shortly thereafter, he called back and reconfirmed to me that he did not think the particles/black materials were coming from the water heater and that it is more likely, coming from the roof by way of the vent pipe. Frans responded fairly quickly and did not charge me for his professional assessment of the problem. As a result, I will call Better Heater Services in the future whenever servicing is required.

Description of Work
Question regarding an observed problem

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

01/22/2019

David W.

Call in the morning, visit that afternoon with quote, installation next day. They didn't have our model in stock, so we got an upgrade to the next larger water heater at no additional cost. Installer was very knowledgable and friendly.

Description of Work
Replace broken conventional with tankless water heater

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

01/14/2019

David S.

Timely, responsive, professional. Discussed lots of options before deciding what to do.

Description of Work
Basement water heater replacement

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

09/14/2018

michael M.

Great service..Steve Tinetti came to my house as scheduled.He was very informative and a nice person as well.Owner of company "Franz" did the scheduling and follow up.He was very professional as well.I WILL USE THEM AGAIN AND !

Description of Work
Needed tankless water heater serviced on sude of house

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

05/08/2018

Maribet M.

Our leaky water heater damaged the water heater stand. We called them and they said they would be able to replace the stand (additional charge). They removed the old water heater and the damaged stand. Cleaned up the area and replaced the stand with a new metal stand. Installed the new Bradford White water heater. They were friendly, courteous and professional. Definitely recommend them to replace your water heater.

Description of Work
Existing water heater was leaking and the water heater stand was water damaged.

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

04/06/2018

Ellen G.

Arrived on time. Work done quickly. Was more expensive than I'd thought but within the price quoted, and then they did extra work, replacing vent and gas line, and putting up offsets to keep it off the wall. He obviously knew what he was doing. Would hire them again

Description of Work
Replaced Water Heater

Work Completed On 04/04/2018

10/24/2017

Param C.

Valve started leaking after service and I was asked to pay $175 to fix it which was working fine until they did the maintenance. I have to call multiple times to get hold to report the leak after the maintenance.

Description of Work
Water Heater Cleaning

10/02/2017

Carl & Tanya W.

The person was good. We talked about the tank and possible one day upgrading to tankless. They were informative. Would use them again.

Description of Work
We just took the initial flush and check up.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

09/25/2017

jennifer P.

Very responsive! They were at our house within a couple of hours, did the work quickly and efficiently. This was a very easy transaction. Thank you!

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

09/06/2017

Doug M.

It was a large water heater. We had a bit of a knocking issue and they came back to fix it but it didn't end up helping much.

Description of Work
They replaced our old water heater.

Work Completed On 09/06/2014

09/06/2017

Doug M.

He went to his truck and removed the part from a new water heater he had in there. We thought the part would be covered under the warranty. He came out the next day, we did not have hot water.

Description of Work
They fixed the thermal couple.

Work Completed On 09/06/2016

09/05/2017

Larry W.

The person providing the service was punctual and did a very capable job. He was very knowledgeable and professional and pleasant to interact with. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Water heater flushed.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

08/19/2017

Vicky N.

The manufacturer sent me the part because it was under warranty but I needed someone to replace it. There was some initial confusion about when they could come out but in the end they found a way to come out on the day I had wanted them to. I am very happy with the fact that they went out of their way to get my job done. Very reasonable price too. Worked with Steve to schedule and Peter did the install. I highly recommend them and will use them again. We have a water heater that has a problem with the pilot assembly going out every few years so I know I'll be seeing them again. This was for labor only since we already had the replacement part.

Description of Work
I needed a pilot assembly replaced in my GE water heater.

Work Completed On 08/19/2017