BAY AREA FENCE & DECK

San Jose, CA 95111

STATE LICENSE #629520, GEN. CONTRACTOR: B-1, FENCE CONTRACTOR: C-13

03/07/2021

Pamela C.

They are our designated vendor for fences for our HOA. They have built and repaired all of our fences for the past 10 yearsl They are prompt and responsive. The fences are beautiful and sturdy. We highly recomend this company.

Description of Work
New good neighbor redwood fence on property boundary

Category decks, fencing, deck cleaning

07/17/2019

Jay G.

Thet showed up on time and did what appears to be a great job. My neighbor and I did a fence with them on the other side of my yard about 7 years ago. They did nice work back then, so I went back for my recent project. They seem to have done great work once again. They use a hard working crew. What's not to like. Will most likely look them up soon about replacing a backyard redwood deck. Jay

Description of Work
Replaced a side yard fence.

08/03/2017

Billie B.

Scheduled an apt for estimate 5 days out. Took day off work to be available mid day. Steve called about half hour prior to say he was en route. Great! 12:15 Steve hasn't shown up or responded to calls. Call the main office 1min later, and they call him and he picks up immediately. Says he didn't have address correct and attempts to call us weren't answered. Verified the address was correct with main number. Pretty sure GPS has us (large neighborhood sprawl in Silicon Valley), and my phone showed no missed calls and I was in the front yard working the whole time. If you want to start a fencing job on misdirection and lies by all means call this co.

Description of Work
Fence rebuild estimate

07/03/2017

Jimmy M.

They did a great job. Quality and punctually.

Description of Work
I had my fence done by Bay Area Fence and Deck and they did a great job. They scheduled the estimate and came on time. When the job started it was completed in two and a half days. This included both sides of the fence and the the back side. After the final walk-through they took the payment. They cleaned up after the job. Quality is excellent. With 10 years warranty it's a good piece of mind.

05/01/2017

Dena D.

They took a while to quote but once we got started, very easy to work with. Very professional. They took care of plants and cleaned up the jobsite.

Description of Work
Hired to do fence between us and neighbor.

12/05/2016

Judi O.

He responded immediately and made an appointment 10 days out. The day of the appointment he texted to cancel, never texted again to reschedule.

Description of Work
I needed a gate and fence fixed and it was urgent.

11/01/2016

David M.

I called them to try and get someone out here for a quote. I understand prequalifying a prospect, but the person I spoke to had no interest in sending someone out. He asked me 6 times how high for the deck, and each time I answered that I only needed 2 steps up, the deck and no fence around the deck, and no old deck removal, as I have already removed it. He told me I was talking at least $18K, which is crazy for what I want, and then told me to call back when I had more specifics. Um.....no.

Description of Work
Low deck over a cleared area.

10/05/2016

Arthur N.

They were terrrific! They arrived on time and worked two solid days to get the work done. They were very skilled , and I feel we got a first class result that should last many years.

Description of Work
They replaced a retaining wall and also installed a deer fence.

10/03/2016

Francis P.

They kept the appointment and emailed an estimate that evening. The fastest turn around of any of the estimates. It came down to this company and one other. We choose the other because they take visa for payment and that gives us airline miles.

Description of Work
Getting an estimate on replacing backyard fence.

04/01/2016

Joe B.

Excellent Company. Excellent materials used. Excellent workmanship and overall professionalism of this company. My fence and deck company from now on.

Description of Work
Installed new 80 ft. fence and gate.

02/29/2016

Kathy M.

I emailed online and got response back over the weekend that Mike would call me Monday after 11:00 a.m. I clearly stated that I wanted chain link neighbor fence, and iron fence and gates on the front of my property. I couldn't wait around for his call, so I called the number listed. The lady that answered the call eventually told me that they don't do iron fence or chain link. I asked if they could do a gazebo like structure, and she said that they would only bid on a permitted set of plans. I told her I didn't need a permit because it was under 110 sf. She argued with me that it was 74 sf or something like that. I had to bang in her head that I wasn't in the City of San Jose. She quoted me over $3K for a new gazebo, but I told her that I just needed a roof on an exisitng. Anyway, it appears they have too much work for me anyway. I think I might have given them another shot for the gazebo work if the miscommunication didn't happen because I was planning on waiting until summer anyway for this project because it involved a bad gutter interface I needed to have corrected.

Description of Work
Total miscommunication. No work done.

04/02/2015

Victor W.

Estimator came promptly and got me a quote on the spot after about a 15-minute conversation. They didn't quite have the cheapest quote (though it wasn't very far off), but they were able to schedule the work sooner, and I got a little better vibe from their sales pitch in terms of their description of the work and quality of the work (e.g. larger kick plates on the bottom). After accepting the quote, I called to schedule the work. Workers came on time and finished in a day as promised. Fence looks great and looks solid. Posts look solidly anchored in concrete-filled post-holes, pressure-treated wood for the posts, solidly-nailed, etc. Gate operates smoothly. They left the site very clean. The whole process was very smooth, and no issues interfacing with perpendicular fences coming in from the neighbors, even though those were in poor shape. Hassle-free.

Description of Work
Replaced about 90 feet of decrepit fencing with 7' redwood fence (6' + lattice top), plus one gate.

Category fencing, driveway gates

07/29/2014

Ronald H.

They were outstanding! We only paid half of the cost and the neighbors paid the other half. My husband's an engineer so he was out guiding them. I wanted it to be 6 feet and then a foot of lattice, which is more than what's normally in the backyard and they were terrific about that. They put it board on board, which is what I wanted. They mounted the concrete nice and high the way my husband wanted. It is absolutely gorgeous and I love it. They went above and beyond trying to please us and it was done in one day. It was fantastic! I was so excited about it. My husband said that they were cheaper than the other companies that we looked into.

Description of Work
We've used Bay Area Fencing. We just had them finish a fence last week.

06/27/2014

Brent S.

It went great! It took them a little under 2 days to rip out the old redwood fence, dig new post holes, replace two existing gates and add a new gate for a neighbor. The wood quality seems much higher than other fences in the neighborhood and in general it feels very solid. It looks amazing! They worked extremely hard and the fence shows a high level of craftsmanship. All 4 neighbors who were involved are very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Replaced 250 feet of old fence and two fence gates. Added an additional gate.

Category fencing, driveway gates

05/28/2014

David G.

Jack came out to provide a quote and was quick and efficient during his visit. He emailed me the quote a couple days later and was able to provide the most competative pricing as compared to 2 other quotes I received. Scheduling the work itself was very easy. They knew I was hoping to get the work done sooner than we were able to schedule for, so when they had a cancellation they called me up and fit me in earlier which was great. Two gentlemen showed up the day of work on time and ready to go. We hammered out the final details on the placement of the gates and they were off and running. They were able to remove an existing chain link fence and cut back some of the brush/trees that were up against it. They were very careful of their work and the plants still looked great afterwards. We had 50 ft. of new fence put in - the wood was good quality and they dug the posts deep and filled with concrete. We also had two gates put in - one 42 in. and the other 48 in. wide. Both looked great, with arched tops and work well. The crew finished right on time and cleaned up after themselves. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and I highly recommend Bay Area Fence and Deck!

Description of Work
Removed old chain link fence, installed a good neighbor fence and two gates.

12/19/2013

marguerite M.

I really like it. I really liked working with them. They were very prompt and the fellow that came to do the estimate was very nice. I plan to use them again for a deck. I think the price is pretty reasonable. The quality is very good. I was impressed by their responsiveness. They didn't require payment at that time. I asked how others were doing it and they said they take a check. The next day, I was called by one of their personnel and I was asked if I liked the job and that I wanted to be billed for it now so it didn't really require payment until after the work was done and you are happy so I thought that was nice. They showed up on time.

Description of Work
Bay Area Fence & Deck installed a fence for me in April of 2012. They also gave me an estimate for a deck.

10/15/2013

Roger C.

Bay Area fence did a terrific job. The quote was punctual, complete, competitive and clear. The replacement fence that they built far exceeded my expectations, that of my neighbor and that of several neighbors who came over to look. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bay Area Fence removed an old redwood fence between my house and a next door neighbor and then replaced it with a new one.

10/14/2013

Robert J.

Very well. They were prompt, neat, and thorough. Used their own milled slightly thicker fencing boards. Crowned concrete around fence posts to prevent standing water from collecting and rotting posts. Removed a gas line from old fence and re-attached it to the new fence. Good job

Description of Work
Tore down very old fence and replaced it

08/07/2013

Cherry W.

I understand that we wanted this job at the peak of and quot;Fence Seasonand quot;, but after being jerked around by other fence companies (their excuse after I get a no-show or no-call backs and quot;We are too busyand quot; and and quot;Oh, I didn't make it to our scheduled appointment because I went on vacationand quot;), I am so glad that I found a company that has acted in a very professional manner from the person answering/returning my calls to the foreman and workers who did an excellent job. Jack was my main contact and was able to give me a quote right away and an estimate a start/completion date (and more importantly...no un-returned calls!!!). Although I got cheaper quotes from other companies, I went with this company foremost because of the people but also product-wise: they secured the fence posts in a 3 feet concrete holes vs 2 feet for others and 1 1/2 feet (this is for a 7 feet fence!) and they have the longest warranty (with better coverage). The final product is beautiful!

Description of Work
Side fencing for a patio enclosure.

07/29/2013

Phil M.

Did an excellent job, they were on time, and are great company. Did what they said they would. Broke our sprinkler accidentally, but they came back and fixed it for us. Would recommend them!

Description of Work
Restored our fence in two areas.

07/23/2013

Isadore R.

Went very well. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced back fence

07/18/2013

Timothy R.

Very responsive to initial inquiries. Made a point of fitting me into schedule for a job review and estimate. Crew was very responsible and responsive. Detailed work on cleaning and sanding the deck and old wool. Very careful. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Refinished deck & fence.

05/08/2013

Roger A.

The two-man crew showed up with all the material neatly organized on their flatbed truck. They quickly removed the old fencing material and stacked it in an area near the truck but not near any existing landscaping to avoid damage. Once the removal was complete, one crew member began layout work while the other crew member started dispersing the material. They worked quickly efficiently and with the highest regard for quality. They started work at 8:30am and they were completely done and cleaned up by 3:30pm. I would highly recommend Bay Area Fence and Deck to my friends, family and neighbors.

Description of Work
This was the second time I used Bay Area Fence & Deck. Both experiences were extremely good. Their estimator came to my home exactly at the time he committed to and so did the two-man installation crew. The expense was shared by myself and both of my next door neighbors. The project consisted of approximately 76 lineal feet of 6'-8" high board-on-board fencing plus a small section of additional fencing with a full height gate on my property.

04/17/2013

BOB L.

This was a good project from start to finish. Steve arrived promptly to provide an estimate. When we engaged him for the project on a Wednesday, then setup a start date the following Monday. Late in the week the weather got bad. They called on Thursday to let me know the date would likely have to move the Monday date due to being unable to work in the rain. I really appreciated the early notification. Turns out the weather started to clear late Friday, so they called me and asked it they could come on Saturday to take advantage of the break in the weather. Again I really appreciated their proactive approach. The team arrived on time Saturday and worked through the day to finish the fence just as the next wave of the storm started in. They did a great job, were polite and cleaned up everything on their way out.

Description of Work
Fence replacement in stormy weather

11/29/2012

Jack G.

Excellent job. Top grade redwood, 4" x 6" posts at gates, pressure sealed base boards. Three days to remove old and complete new. Not the cheapest, but definitely the best! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced my entire fence around my property (251 feet), closed louver. Three gates. Very solid.

Method Paving

If you’re looking for a paving contractor that provides superior work, affordable prices and outstanding customer service, your search is over. Method Paving of Santa Clara has earned a reputation for all three. Owner Rick Pestana is a degreed Construction Engineer with over a decade of experience designing and executing residential paving projects. His background in analyzing materials used in the composition of paving stones gives him an added dimension of expertise. Method Paving specializes in paving stones and natural stone surfaces for driveways, walkways, patios, pools, decks and similar applications. The company offers the customer the ability to work with a single contractor throughout the improvement process. There’s no handoff between sales people from one company and service providers from another. The Method Paving team gets to know you, and the vision you have for your home, and can deliver a product perfectly matched to that vision. You’ll be amazed at the selection of colors, patterns and shapes to choose from, and even more amazed at the quality and affordability. It all starts with a call to Rick Pestana and Method Paving. There’s a world of possibilities that they can’t wait to show you. COMPANY PHILOSOPHY "A timeless, lasting project will be delivered. Our flexibility and willingness to accommodate change is one of the things customers love. We’re also perfectionists, and work on your home like we’d work on our own. By providing the best quality products, competitive pricing and outstanding service, we hope to earn your continued business and referrals.”

Summer Sun Landscape

**Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE!** With the artistic skill you want, and the professionalism you seek, Summer Sun Landscape will work hard to make sure you have the exterior you've always wanted. Call us today!

Strider Construction Inc

wood fencing. chain link fencing. vinyl fencing. wrought iron.